Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh, missed the sale on DxD. I'm doubting that we'll see it go for around $25 again anytime soon, even with RightStuff's sale.

And what's the problem with yellow subtitles? What a bizarre thing to complain about.

My Direct Discount order already shipped. I'm shocked at how quick that was.

Also, would you guys stop arguing with Dark Sage. It's a complete waste of time. He's an unreasonable hyperbole machine that has come under the incorrect assumption that even one person here gives two shits what he thinks. Just leave it alone.

Whoo, DDD being back up means I get my anime. Was debating over Penguindrum and Space Pirates because I'd rather just have it in one set but at that price it's not like a singular set would be down to $44 immediately anyway when launched in a year or two. 

Meanwhile I love the fact that I got Jinrui on pre-order for $25~. Getting my favorite animes of last year this year? Sure. 

Thanks for the heads up! I checked out with Fate Stay/Night 1 and 2, Unlimited Blade, and Tokyo Magnitude blus :) The two ef seasons and Shining Hearts will have to wait, since I haven't made my Rightstuf purchase just yet. I'm hoping it'll be like last year with the Black Friday sales extending to the end of their 13 Days of Christmas. I doubt it for this year though, with quantities so limited.

Thanks for the DD tip! I always forget about that site. Got Yu Yu Hakusho S2, Tsuritama, and Royal Space Force all for $45.

I wouldn't worry about missing out on the DxD sale. I assume it's only the first season, so at some point in a year or so you'll be able to get both for $25 :)

I wouldn't worry about missing out on the DxD sale. I assume it's only the first season, so at some point in a year or so you'll be able to get both for $25 :)
It'll probably be two years.

They need to release New on its own first, and then wait another year if they decide to package it all together, but $25 still seems pretty wishful thinking for the whole set. ;D

May also have to wait even longer if they decide to put the OVAs into its own set since there's a good amount of those, so it cant just be added as an extra to New.

In 2015-16 I think we'll have a pretty good chance! I can feel it. :D

Mmm...bread. The perfect Thanksgiving anime.
Anime on Thanksgiving is a great idea in itself.

My Direct Discount order already shipped. I'm shocked at how quick that was.

Also, would you guys stop arguing with Dark Sage. It's a complete waste of time. He's an unreasonable hyperbole machine that has come under the incorrect assumption that even one person here gives two shits what he thinks. Just leave it alone.
I know you're mad about your balding, but I didn't think it'd go to your head so quickly.

Don't worry, you may continue your circlejerk. I shall not abate it anymore with reality.

I know you're mad about your balding, but I didn't think it'd go to your head so quickly.

Don't worry, you may continue your circlejerk. I shall not abate it anymore with reality.
I know it's hard to believe, but according to his profile, this man is actually 33! lol

It's currently $50 at rightstuf, so it'd be interesting to see how much cheaper it could go on Amazon.
Upcoming Deal
65% Off "Dragon Ball Z: Rock the Dragon - Collector's Edition

At least that what it says on the page with the upcoming Lightning Deals. Since the list price is $99.98 I'd imagine it's going to be $34.99.

Upcoming Deal
65% Off "Dragon Ball Z: Rock the Dragon - Collector's Edition

At least that what it says on the page with the upcoming Lightning Deals. Since the list price is $99.98 I'd imagine it's going to be $34.99.
Ah, well that's a thinker then, because I may bite on it.

Wow, I didn't realize that that Dragonball Z box set was the Ocean dub version.

I'm really tempted to get this now.  Maybe it's me being bias since this is the version that introduced me to DBZ, but I just prefer these voice actors to the one from the Funimation release (especially Scott McNeil, who really was a better Piccolo than Chris Sabat could ever hope to be).

Wow, I didn't realize that that Dragonball Z box set was the Ocean dub version.

I'm really tempted to get this now. Maybe it's me being bias since this is the version that introduced me to DBZ, but I just prefer these voice actors to the one from the Funimation release (especially Scott McNeil, who really was a better Piccolo than Chris Sabat could ever hope to be).
The only issue with it is that's incomplete and it's the original edited broadcast in the United States. I believe Ocean did keep dubbing DBZ more outside of the United States but I remember reading that several character's VA's were recast and the whole Ocean version became an even bigger mess. In other words, this set is just a pure nostalgia trip that's $35.

If you still want DBZ... pray for a real Blu Ray version, hunt down the dragon boxes which are stupid rare now, or get the soon to be released cropped wide screen Blu Rays. :(

I ended up grabbing all of Persona 4 The Animation and Colorful all on Blu Ray for about $51. Persona I'm not sure why I bought them since I'm not far in the game, but Colorful seems like something I'd like to see.

I ended up grabbing all of Persona 4 The Animation and Colorful all on Blu Ray for about $51. Persona I'm not sure why I bought them since I'm not far in the game, but Colorful seems like something I'd like to see.
I liked the P4 anime but I kept on playing the game even after finishing it. 60+ hours on the Vita one and I still haven't beaten it. I'm near the end though.

I didn't buy much anime this week due to having some preorders coming in on the new stuff and I know the big sale is next month.

Michiko and Hatchin Part 2

Tylor Set

Vandread

Crunchyroll is selling discounted one-year subscriptions. Anime-only for $49.99 (regularly $59.95 or $6.95 / month). All-Access (anime, drama, manga) plus $15 store credit for $69.99 (not sure what the regular price is).

Their store is overpriced by at least $15, so unless there's a shirt or something you really want, probably better off with the $50 anime sub. It created a recurring $50 payment with paypal for me, which is nice :D Don't have to worry about catching a deal in the future.

Be careful - I did the $50 anime-only sub and my premium subscription preferences indicate that when that year runs out I'll be billed at the usual $60 yearly rate. So before the year is up it'll be necessary to either cancel, switch to monthly, or buy during another sale.

So the Funimation Cyber Monday Sale is confirmed to be a bust as the 50% discount will be taken off the market price they have listed, and not their current price.  Looks like my money will still be going to the typical places. ;P

The only issue with it is that's incomplete and it's the original edited broadcast in the United States. I believe Ocean did keep dubbing DBZ more outside of the United States but I remember reading that several character's VA's were recast and the whole Ocean version became an even bigger mess. In other words, this set is just a pure nostalgia trip that's $35.

If you still want DBZ... pray for a real Blu Ray version, hunt down the dragon boxes which are stupid rare now, or get the soon to be released cropped wide screen Blu Rays. :(
Is the cropping worse than the orange DVD sets? I remember watching one or two those years ago and don't remember it bothering me much. I've been on the fence about getting the new Blu set with all the bad reviews.

From Up on Poppy Hill just hit $11.99 on Amazon. I'm tempted but I'm not sure it's my bite price since I've seen it already. Think it will ever go lower?
Thanks, I grabbed a copy. I guess it could go a little lower, being a non-Disney Ghibli release, but by how much? A buck or two at most, and probably not from Amazon (DeepDiscount, maybe, lol.)
Glad I jumped on it right away. It went backordered the day after, and now it's still backordered, but the price went way up to $18.49 now, so I guess the answer to the previously speculation is, no. ;D

Is the cropping worse than the orange DVD sets? I remember watching one or two those years ago and don't remember it bothering me much. I've been on the fence about getting the new Blu set with all the bad reviews.
The reviews where no one has watched them? I'm going to buy Season 1 and see if I like it. I own the Bricks because I grew up watching it on Toonami so the English Score is my favorite. At least this time they are not just cropping the image randomly. I'd much rather have a Bluray Dragon Box with all audio options but seems we will never get that.

Glad I jumped on it right away. It went backordered the day after, and now it's still backordered, but the price went way up to $18.49 now, so I guess the answer to the previously speculation is, no. ;D
Yep, already got my copy delivered. Figured it would never go lower and I was setting my expectations of BF too high. I was right.

The reviews where no one has watched them? I'm going to buy Season 1 and see if I like it. I own the Bricks because I grew up watching it on Toonami so the English Score is my favorite. At least this time they are not just cropping the image randomly. I'd much rather have a Bluray Dragon Box with all audio options but seems we will never get that.
Except it's already known what FUNi's basically doing. They aren't going back to do a proper remastering or cropping, that was what the Level sets were for. But those didn't sell well enough so now they're just going to release the brick masters at the supposed resolution they were already going to be.

It's naive to think this release is going to be any better than the bricks. You can just look at the price point and prior history to do so.

They apparently restocked on some Bandai titles. Better take a look if you're trying to finish your oop Bandai collections.

Wow, that The Girl Who Leapt Through Time Blu-ray is really expensive. I really didn't even care that much for that movie to be honest.

bread's done
Back