Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Passed on them unless someone really wants to convince me that either of these shows are worth it.
You're fine passing on Guilty Crown and Shana. Second half of both series drag. If anything just grab Shana S1. It's enjoyable enough on its own without watching the rest.

Both GC and Shana are good, but I wouldn't pay those prices for it. Then again I'm a cheap ass :) Shana is an action/romance series, so people like the ass kickings and not the romance I would guess. I enjoyed it. Guilty Crown tries to be an action show, but devolves into a story of the morals and ethics of people who are put in odd situations. So I wouldn't break the bank for either and Shana is too expensive to get the whole thing now. Movie is worthless, OVA is interesting though.

I only grabbed Lain from the Amazon sale.

I was a little interested in Guilty Crown/Shana. Both seem to be perfect to Amazon reviewers but other reviews I read online didn't like it as much. Basically read GC had a good first half but a crappy last half. Shana doesn't seem like it's too amazing either... plus 3 seasons, a movie, and an ova seem like it's lot to invest in to see all of it.

Passed on them unless someone really wants to convince me that either of these shows are worth it.

EDIT: I bit on the Premium Version of Psycho Pass.
The $160 one Funi just released?

Both GC and Shana are good, but I wouldn't pay those prices for it. Then again I'm a cheap ass :) Shana is an action/romance series, so people like the ass kickings and not the romance I would guess. I enjoyed it. Guilty Crown tries to be an action show, but devolves into a story of the morals and ethics of people who are put in odd situations. So I wouldn't break the bank for either and Shana is too expensive to get the whole thing now. Movie is worthless, OVA is interesting though.
The romance in Shana is like watching middle schoolers. I like the series as a whole, but the romance is so cheesy. So I Can't Play H iskinda similar, if you want a more adult version.

you can preorder at Rightstuf for $96.
It actually hits in March but yes, Funimation just revealed it and Right Stuf put it up for pre order. Psycho Pass was probably my favorite animes this year, so I'm pitching in the extra money to get the fancy art box. Not to mention the cover art for the Premium blus look better than the standard releases.

Funimation released a trailer for the dub of Psycho Pass too. I guess to keep it up with the anime's Minority Report inspiration, they decided to screw with the audio and video to make it feel like it's going through "the system". Due to this, it's harder to make out the VA's lines but eh, here's hoping for a better trailer near release. The cast was revealed already and most of the cast seems pretty good. I doubt Funi would screw this up anyway.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45p33SSWMJw[/youtube]

Girls Und Panzer was only like $27 new a month ago!
Indeed.

I kinda miss that DVDPlanet sale.

There were still a few titles I wanted to pick up that I stupidly didn't buy because $900 already seemed like it was a lot spent on anime in one go.

BUT NOW I'M FILLED WITH REGRET........... :*(

Girls Und Panzer was only like $27 new a month ago!
Yes it was! That's probably my happiest buy this holiday season, even with its bad dub and that katyusha scene being changed to the point where it had been better off cut entirely. I can't wait till the ovas come out in February. Just goes to show what a sucker I am for WWII themed shows, now if only Strike Witches S2 bds would drop under $30...

Does anyone know how Rightstuf handles backordered items?  I put in an order with enough things to get the free shipping, but one of the items is backordered/reordered.  If it never comes back in stock, do they just cancel that specific item? I'm kind of curious to see how long it'll take to ship out.

Yes it was! That's probably my happiest buy this holiday season, even with its bad dub and that katyusha scene being changed to the point where it had been better off cut entirely. I can't wait till the ovas come out in February. Just goes to show what a sucker I am for WWII themed shows, now if only Strike Witches S2 bds would drop under $30...
They announced Strike Witches 1 and 2 S.A.V.E. edition, I believe, for 2014.

Edit: $14.99 yo!

Does anyone know how Rightstuf handles backordered items? I put in an order with enough things to get the free shipping, but one of the items is backordered/reordered. If it never comes back in stock, do they just cancel that specific item? I'm kind of curious to see how long it'll take to ship out.
As long as it is still backordered, you are in good shape.

I've had items from an order that have sat there for well over a month after it's been backordered, but it still shipped eventually.

As long as it's something they will get back in stock they will never cancel it unless you request them to cancel the item.

Guessing the Galaxy Railways S.A.V.E. set is a newer, updated one like they did with Moonphase as it's already on the S.A.V.E. line. Where this one will actually be in DVD case and only be 4 discs, compared to the older S.A.V.E. set being a cardboard case and being 6 discs. I've got that old set and have to keep the discs in CD cases, since the cardboard sleeves scratch the discs. So I can understand why they're ditching them.

Kinda funny about the Shakugan no Shana S1 S.A.V.E. set too. As the regular set has been around $25 during the recent sales. But I guess with it moving to the S.A.V.E. line, the regular edition is being phased out.

FYI, for people that didn't catch it. Funimation delayed Evangelion 3.33's DVD/BR release to sometime in 2014 due to "high demand for a theatrical run". Of course everyone that heard about it is pissed and calling it BS(saying it's either Japan wanting them to delay it or milking money from the theatrical run). So no more Feb. 2014 release date.

"Evangelion 3.33: You Can (Not) Redo [Blu-ray]"

Previous estimated arrival date: February 18, 2014

New estimated arrival date: January 08, 2014 - January 11, 2014

Holding off Strike Witches 1 & 2 Complete Collection for lowest price :)
If they've already came out with the SAVE sets that seems to be the lowest price set they'll probably go to at this point.

Maybe a SAVE complete collection one, but I doubt they'll put it into a collection now since the purpose of that would have been to make the sets cheaper anyways which they've already done.

you people calling tenchi a good show are nuts. horrible voice acting and ridiculous plot. really though tenchis voice and that girl with a tail's voice are ear piercing lol. 

humanity has declined i admit i want to impulse buy it it looks quite good at least the description of it....i also admit i shouldnt do that....i also admit i really should not have clicked on this thread and stayed away from this evil money spending website.

also owning the complete trigun series and movie for under 30 dollars? sounds good....i do own 4 of the single volumes but of course there are two sets of single volumes and some are an unholy price and i own 2 of each set lol. so what should be a cheap 2 dvd splurge isnt lol.

also i want to blame squarehard for this because 

1. he had to make an anime thread

2. i havent blamed him for an anime purchase in a while

3. i suspect he does anime black magic to draw me back into this site.

you people calling tenchi a good show are nuts. horrible voice acting and ridiculous plot. really though tenchis voice and that girl with a tail's voice are ear piercing lol.

humanity has declined i admit i want to impulse buy it it looks quite good at least the description of it....i also admit i shouldnt do that....i also admit i really should not have clicked on this thread and stayed away from this evil money spending website.
HATER! *flips table*

yes i am a hater and proud of it lol. although the true question am a hater for ragging on this site or calling tenchi terrible????

that said i just ordered from rightstuf(DAMN YOU!!! lol jk) and entered credit card info and all that and clicked submit and then it took me to the home page of rightstuf. Im not sure whether it took the order or not????

I dont want to order twice either. I suppose since its supposed to be released tomorrow I guess ill find out soon enough but just curious as i recall(but its a been awhile) that they give you a confirmation screen?

and this site really is evil what turned into a 35 dollar impulse is now a 120 dollars or so....hellsing OVAs, trigun, trigun movie and of course the rightstuf order.

Finally decided on:

[RightStuf] K-On Vol 1 BR - $26.24

[RightStuf] K-On Vol 2 BR - $26.24

[Amazon] K-On Vol 3 BR - $11.98

[Amazon] K-On Vol 4 BR - $11.98

[Frys] K-On S2 Collection 1 BR - $21.74

[Frys] K-On S2 Collection 2 BR - $21.74

[RightStuf] K-On Movie BR - $15.99

[RightStuf] The World God Only Knows S2 BR - $24.49

-------

Total: $160.40

Seeing Amazon have K-On Vol 3 and 4 BR cheap pushed me over the edge to finally get S1 before it disappears forever. $76.44 is sadly the cheapest you can find K-On S1 BR these days. The rest of the purchases were well priced.

Anime I would have also bought if I had more funds:

[Amazon] Steins;Gate BR/DVD - $25.49 x 2

I ended up buying the complete versions of Beck,  Hellsing, and Mushi-shi from Rightstuf. I also picked up a Dead Space movie and some blind box items to reach the free shipping requirement.

Everything shipped two days ago except for Mushi-shi which is on backorder/grounds for cancellation. :( 

FMA Brotherhood part 2 is still under review. Getting nervous that it won't be fixed before the sale ends..
Boy, somebody must've really let them have it, so they're just taking their time in trying to figure it out to get re-listed, also, it's been a holiderrific week, so they probably just letting stuff pile on at this point. XD

Boy, somebody must've really let them have it, so they're just taking their time in trying to figure it out to get re-listed, also, it's been a holiderrific week, so they probably just letting stuff pile on at this point. XD
Yeah, 'tis the season for shipping screw ups. It's mainly UPS/Fed Ex/USPS most of the time. My shipment of 3D glasses were just destroyed by UPS and they didn't even bother to notify me, I just happened to check the shipping on my Amazon account and frowned when I saw "package damaged - un deliverable". After that, I spoke to a customer service rep and they shipped another pair with one day shipping. :D

I'd suggest you contacting them. As Squarehard said, it's likely one guy had an issue and they ruined it for everyone else. Message Amazon about it maybe they can speed it up for you.

Finally decided on:

[RightStuf] K-On Vol 1 BR - $26.24

[RightStuf] K-On Vol 2 BR - $26.24

[Amazon] K-On Vol 3 BR - $11.98

[Amazon] K-On Vol 4 BR - $11.98

[Frys] K-On S2 Collection 1 BR - $21.74

[Frys] K-On S2 Collection 2 BR - $21.74

[RightStuf] K-On Movie BR - $15.99

[RightStuf] The World God Only Knows S2 BR - $24.49

-------

Total: $160.40

Seeing Amazon have K-On Vol 3 and 4 BR cheap pushed me over the edge to finally get S1 before it disappears forever. $76.44 is sadly the cheapest you can find K-On S1 BR these days. The rest of the purchases were well priced.

Anime I would have also bought if I had more funds:

[Amazon] Steins;Gate BR/DVD - $25.49 x 2 <-- Amazing series! Already watched but don't own. This is the cheapest it has been too. Hopefully it comes out later as SAVE or complete bundle.

[Amazon] Soul Eater BR - $23.99 <-- Already have the original 4 DVD releases, but for the price it would be nice to upgrade to BR.
Doesn't Sentai have K-ON season 1?

Rightstuf now has Ikkitousen: Xtreme Xecutor listed for Pre-Order. Comes with the OVA as well.

Ikkitousen: Xtreme Xecutor + OVA (Season 4) Complete Series - $35.99

Release date is March 11th 2014, much earlier than I thought we'd get it so I'm happy.

ghQx4p1.png

Knowing how Funimation is releasing a lot of old Bandai titles in 2014, I expect a K-ON! S1 release announcement sometime in 2014. Probably at one of the major cons.
It would probably be Sentai though since they already have S2 and the movie. If someone does rescue K-On S1 and releases as 2 BR discs I will gladly double dip. 4 BR discs for only 14 episodes is annoying.

For those interested, the FMA Brotherhood Collection 2 was put under review because of a problem with the manufacturer, according to chat support. No timeline on when it will be fixed - probably not in time for the sale price.

I guess I should avoid torturing myself by buying Collection 1, watching all of it, and then being stuck without the second half..

Well, I'm going to put this in both threads in case somebody only checks one and not the other.

This is the first time I remember this happening for awhile, the Right Stuf 13 day sale actually ended on Christmas.  Usually since none of the sale items allow coupons they quietly keep those discounted prices until the end of the year.  I just checked You're Under Arrest and it's back to their non-sale price. 

I hope no one was waiting for Christmas money.

Here's the end of the year sale,

clearance-news.gif

clearance-news-bottom.gif

Details

Celebrate the New Year with Right Stuf’s Year-End In-Stock Clearance Sale! Make 2014 the best year ever with anime and manga from RightStuf.com! Stop by today to find great deals on hot new releases and fan favorite titles.

From now through January 5, 2014, take an additional 10% OFF our everyday sale prices on most IN-STOCK items! (New items arrive each day, so check back frequently!)

How? Just use the following reusable coupon code when you check out through RightStuf.com:

Coupon Code: NewYear2014

Expires: Sunday, January 5, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. CST

REMEMBER: If you're a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 39% OFF the retail prices of in-stock items Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

*Not sure which products are included in the sale? If an item is listed as "In Stock and Available" and doesn't have any other restrictions (see the note below), it's included in the sale. For a full list of all "In Stock" items, try out our Advanced Search. (Place a check mark by "Product Availability," make sure "is equal to" and "In Stock and Available" are showing in that same row's drop-down menus, and hit the "Search Items" button.) Remember: New items land in our warehouse each day, so be sure to check often for new arrivals and re-stocks!)

Please note: No other coupons may be used in conjunction with this sale. This sale event may not be applied to pre-existing orders. Bargain Bin and Weekly Special items are not eligible for this sale because they’re already awesome deals. This will be noted on the individual product pages for these items! Quantities for some items may be limited.

So exciting...

Welp, I've watched the first episode of Psycho-Pass and first DVD of Beck after reading about them here. Good so far! May put Psycho-Pass on my watch list for buying the Blu-ray.

Welp, I've watched the first episode of Psycho-Pass and first DVD of Beck after reading about them here. Good so far! May put Psycho-Pass on my watch list for buying the Blu-ray.
I always refer to Beck as the guy version of K-ON! except way more serious (and a bit more realistic... at times). The anime is great and I wish it would get another season.

Psycho Pass is great once you shake off the Minority Report vibe and some of it's weirdness that it likes to pop in every so often. It's first episode isn't amazing but it takes off pretty quick after that.

Man those X-mas deals were awesome!

Quant Price      Item Code       Description
----- ---------- --------------- -------------------------------------
    1   $24.49 *       sfbanb100 Angel Beats! Blu-ray Complete Collect
    1      $9.74   9780316371247 Sword Art Online Novel 1: Aincrad
                                 Date Available: Apr 22 2014
    1   $26.99 *        awbd1115 Twelve Kingdoms Blu-ray Part 2: Sea o
    1   $19.99 *        awbd1121 Twelve Kingdoms Blu-ray Part 3: Great

* indicates items that are excluded from coupon discounts.

Shipping Description: Economy - Free

Tax Description: No Additional (Outside Iowa)

Vendor: Right Stuf Inc.
Payment Method: XXX
Total Amount: $81.21

Thank you for being a Got Anime Purchasing Club Member!
$0.97 will be deducted from the Total Amount above.

Custom Fields:
Order Source - Web Site Only

I always refer to Beck as the guy version of K-ON! except way more serious (and a bit more realistic... at times). The anime is great and I wish it would get another season.

Psycho Pass is great once you shake off the Minority Report vibe and some of it's weirdness that it likes to pop in every so often. It's first episode isn't amazing but it takes off pretty quick after that.
Man, that feels like a huge insult to Beck.... (i really don't think i need this spoilered as it's very vague, but i will anyways :p)
since unlike K-on Beck is actually about making a band together and the fall out of that instead of pretending to make a band, and the fall out of tripping and spilling your cake in a cute maner. When I first watched K-on I had such high hopes that it would turn out like Beck, as a making a band show can be so fun.... but no... k-on isn't about making a band or music beyond the first ep aside from some random eps here or there that pretend to not be about just pouring moe on the moe fire to summon the moe demons of moeness :/

Man, that feels like a huge insult to Beck....
It was just a minor comparison to two very different shows. It's like me comparing DBZ to Bleach since they are both shonen animes where they fight each other. I believe I said Beck was way more realistic... don't take it like they are the same show, lol. :D

asked this in the other anime thread, was just wondering if any of you know what kind of case i could buy to replace an anime legends case, more specific gundam seed

asked this in the other anime thread, was just wondering if any of you know what kind of case i could buy to replace an anime legends case, more specific gundam seed
Was it the normal DVD case or the thick DVD case? I'm finding several results on Amazon for a normal DVD case with 6 disc slots...

EDIT: I'll just post a link of the case I found that resembles the "chubby" cases that Bandai was using for the Anime Legend releases. You may want to wait a few hours as someone here may know of a better alternative. But it's up to you.

http://www.amazon.com/Quantity-Replacement-Around-Sleeve-DV6R22BK/dp/B001DTOC92/ref=sr_1_4?s=audio-video-accessories&ie=UTF8&qid=1388170496&sr=1-4&keywords=6+dvd+case

bread's done
Back