Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Attack on Titan part 2 LE (slipbox that holds part 1 and part 2)

$49.99 @ Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/Attack-on-Titan-Part-2-Limited-Edition-Plus-Box-Blu-ray/ref=%26%2574%2561g%3d%2562l%2575r%2561y%252d037%252d20?SubscriptionId=AKIAIY4YSQJMFDJATNBA&tag=bluray-037-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00LTM1CZU&ASIN=B00LTM1CZU&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

81gUjATeb3L._AA650_.jpg

RS's Viz Manga sales gets lost in the shuffle, but they have Bakuman, Death Note, Fullmetal Alchemist, and both One Piece manga box sets 50% off.

http://www.rightstuf.com/site/main/news/individual/FT0000007484.html?utm_source=EmailDirect.com&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=20141127+VIZ+Print+Manga+-+Manga+Gift+Guide
you had to point them out and make me finally buy stuff from right stuff this sale.

:p

thanks my wife will love owning bakuman.

There's also a 30% off code at Barnes and Nobles. But shipping is free only if the after-coupon price is $25+.

I got the Atelier artbook I was missing from Amazon. I was going to get the Dragon Dogma artbook from B&N, but it was $27 with the non-free $4 shipping.

There's also a 30% off code at Barnes and Nobles. But shipping is free only if the after-coupon price is $25+.

I got the Atelier artbook I was missing from Amazon. I was going to get the Dragon Dogma artbook from B&N, but it was $27 with the non-free $4 shipping.
And the code is? lol

Any comments on those necomimi ears? Saw em on racs though I remember them being on sale on rs around this time last year as well.
I don't have them so not sure on them, but they're going to have them for 29.99 for black Friday got email saying that.Prices good Friday thru Monday.. also 50% off the accessory ears.

They're interesting from videos I seen.. has a noise to it, but not too noticeable in crowd like in a anime con or whatever.. Coarse I have no experiences with this so not sure what is the sound like or if they maybe improved it. there is a lot of youtube videos on it.

$29.99 seems like good deal on it normal price is $69.99.

Cheers! Time to watch their site for the necomimi sale.

It's already going on. Wife is happy.

0 lightning deals on anime this year either :\ all the lightning deals are the same things i just picked up in the big box retailers

edit: so is frys not doing any b2 get 1 or any thing this year or have i just missed it?

So what sales are everyone waiting for? I haven't seen anything coming close to a real deal yet, especially for Funimation titles...

Edit: And I know this isn't anime (sorry!), but if anyone has any tips for any DC animated movie sales I would appreciate it. 

Going to have a tough time selling people on it in this particular forum
Not at all familiar with the store, so might I ask why? I see some not bad deals on there that I am tempted to take care of. The store looks like a make-your-own website from the '90s, though.

^ I still never got the hype behind this anime. I could barely make it past the first episode. Seems to have been a big seller for Sentai though so good for them. 

Not at all familiar with the store, so might I ask why? I see some not bad deals on there that I am tempted to take care of. The store looks like a make-your-own website from the '90s, though.
it's simple enough... robert made some errors, handled them poorly, then directly tried to blame CAG for some of his mistakes. End result most people here won't buy from his store anymore.

^ I still never got the hype behind this anime. I could barely make it past the first episode. Seems to have been a big seller for Sentai though so good for them.
it's ecchi + zombie + mindless action...

sex sells... thus some people buy it.

personally I found the show to be garbage, but to each their own.

6 bucks more than when I preordered it with discount. Its a nice set but the normal set is so cheap its not really worth the extra 50 bucks lol.
Same here. I would have to look at my order history but I got it with that Sentai sale discount as well.

it's simple enough... robert made some errors, handled them poorly, then directly tried to blame CAG for some of his mistakes. End result most people here won't buy from his store anymore.

it's ecchi + zombie + mindless action...

sex sells... thus some people buy it.

personally I found the show to be garbage, but to each their own.
Hmm. Given how fussy I am with the condition of my items, it doesn't sound like it's worth my potential hassle. It's funny to see people discuss all these extremely ecchi shows in here. I'm in the minority for most anime fans, but I HATE the absolute crap out of that shit. I would rather gouge out my eyes and take a shit on them than watch highschool of the dead. And I hate how many shows that do actually have merit still have a generous amount of fan service sprinkled throughout. It's an insult to my intelligence, and I don't need to have a show constantly trying to arouse me to keep me interested.

Hmm. Given how fussy I am with the condition of my items, it doesn't sound like it's worth my potential hassle. It's funny to see people discuss all these extremely ecchi shows in here. I'm in the minority for most anime fans, but I HATE the absolute crap out of that shit. I would rather gouge out my eyes and take a shit on them than watch highschool of the dead. And I hate how many shows that do actually have merit still have a generous amount of fan service sprinkled throughout. It's an insult to my intelligence, and I don't need to have a show constantly trying to arouse me to keep me interested.
*claps* i could never get behind ecchi or any of that.

*claps* i could never get behind ecchi or any of that.
It's a 'button' for me, and it's been slowly annoying me more and more lately. It's really a problem for all Japanese media--in-so-much as games, anime, manga, etc. I'm going to do a video or write a blog post--or both--on it at some point. I'm a red blooded male like any other, but there are places for everything... and that doesn't mean that nonsense belongs in everything. Lol

It's a 'button' for me, and it's been slowly annoying me more and more lately. It's really a problem for all Japanese media--in-so-much as games, anime, manga, etc. I'm going to do a video or write a blog post--or both--on it at some point. I'm a red blooded male like any other, but there are places for everything... and that doesn't mean that nonsense belongs in everything. Lol
i just can't find myself watching no matter how hard i try. it's so forced and just ruins the whole experience for me. if you have to put half naked anime girls on a cover or in a show in order to garner my interest than you're trying way too hard. almost reminds me of neon genesis evangelion in more serious episodes there would always be a scene of a almost naked asuka or misato which kills the entire mood

It's a "nature of the beast" thing. Living in Japan has taught me to just tolerate it. I'd doubt it would ever change too because the people who don't enjoy fanservice are such a minority that the industry would not consider them as a viable audience or consumer populace. Plus, ecchi lovers tend to be the big spenders, and money is business. What surprises me though is that fanservice is as popular, if not more so, with women than it is with men. 

It's a "nature of the beast" thing. Living in Japan has taught me to just tolerate it. I'd doubt it would ever change too because the people who don't enjoy fanservice are such a minority that the industry would not consider them as a viable audience or consumer populace. Plus, ecchi lovers tend to be the big spenders, and money is business. What surprises me though is that fanservice is as popular, if not more so, with women than it is with men.
It's clearly working, so I have no delusions that it will be going away; it's just a shame is all. Your last point is really quite odd, but I've seen some of that, too. Humans are weird...

I don't mind it. I mean Haganai and High School DxD are great shows. Good story and characters.

I guess I have gotten use to fanservice. I would prefer it not to be there but that won't deter me from watching a show because it might be good.

Tempted to bite on that High School of the Dead sale. For me, it was one of my top ten anime titles in recent years. I'll take a combination of horror, zombies and ecchi any day over some of the other recent anime cliches that are stifling the medium. Nice to see a show that doesn't rely on cutesy moe, the ever present weak-willed male and female characters which seem to now permeate the genre, or worst yet... the ultimate atrocity... a show that drags slower than a snail in mud (looking at you, Naruto).

Tempted to bite on that High School of the Dead sale. For me, it was one of my top ten anime titles in recent years. I'll take a combination of horror, zombies and ecchi any day over some of the other recent anime cliches that are stifling the medium. Nice to see a show that doesn't rely on cutesy moe, the ever present weak-willed male and female characters which seem to now permeate the genre, or worst yet... the ultimate atrocity... a show that drags slower than a snail in mud (looking at you, Naruto).
+1

I have it in my collection and enjoyed it for what it was worth. In all honesty, I can't stand Naruto. Always hated that show as it very uninteresting to me. Again, for those that like it there you go. But for me, wasn't my cup of tea.

It's all definitely very taste based. I won't touch an ecchi show with a ten foot pole--regardless of how 'good' the rest of it is. Then again, I also dislike Naruto, so I guess I'm half on both sides? lol

Not to be off topic but I want to guage my fellow otaku.  I might get a new TV, beside getting a slightly larger one(still only a max of 32 inches though) and uping the resolution, would it be worth shelling out the extra bucks for a up in frame rate to 120hz over 60hz?  It's just I tend to notice the motion blur some on my current 60hz, especially when watching anime and it just irks my ocd.  Do you think a upgrade would help calm my nerves? :lol:

Not to be off topic but I want to guage my fellow otaku. I might get a new TV, beside getting a slightly larger one(still only a max of 32 inches though) and uping the resolution, would it be worth shelling out the extra bucks for a up in frame rate to 120hz over 60hz? It's just I tend to notice the motion blur some on my current 60hz, especially when watching anime and it just irks my ocd. Do you think a upgrade would help calm my nerves? :lol:
Haven't bought a TV in years, but I believe there are other factors--image processing, type of panel, etc--that affect this, not the refresh rate of the TV. Please do correct me if I'm wrong, though.

+1

I have it in my collection and enjoyed it for what it was worth. In all honesty, I can't stand Naruto. Always hated that show as it very uninteresting to me. Again, for those that like it there you go. But for me, wasn't my cup of tea.
I couldn't stand Naruto for years but then I heard it was ending so I wanted to feel all the hype. It's pretty enjoyable albeit really slow and riffled with filler and long drawn out scenes. There is 135 main episodes and of those the series could be about 50. I mean the last three sets I watched took place over 2 days in the show and it was about 40 episodes. It was the Sasuke Retrieval Arc before the big battle. Not to mention how cliche it can be.

The last 40 episodes went a little like this

Let's find Sasuke

Oh my god its a strong enemy

Strong enemy proceeds to kick all their asses

One character realizes he has what it takes

Go ahead other characters Sasuke needs you I'll take on this strong villain

Cut to footage of Orochimaru and Kabuto

Cut to more footage of the Leaf Village

Character that stuck behind begins to get his ass kicked

Fights back

Gets his ass handed to him again

Near death he remembers his childhood and somehow 14 years ago everyone was still friends

Moment of sudden realization

Cue fight music and beefed up offense

Strong enemy dies

But wait at a cost

Weak leaf shinobi loses all chakra and goes unconscious

That was Naruto for the last 40 episodes. I can see why you'd hate it. Still for what its worth it was pretty good

Not to be off topic but I want to guage my fellow otaku. I might get a new TV, beside getting a slightly larger one(still only a max of 32 inches though) and uping the resolution, would it be worth shelling out the extra bucks for a up in frame rate to 120hz over 60hz? It's just I tend to notice the motion blur some on my current 60hz, especially when watching anime and it just irks my ocd. Do you think a upgrade would help calm my nerves? :lol:
32" is what I have. I think I may have put a picture of my setup on here before. Basically it's mounted to my wall. It's a Toshiba. underneath it I have a glass holder which has my PS4, Xbox One, and my Wii U. All the wires go behind the TV. It has clear sound and picture. Nothing wrong with it. Lots of HDMI ports. USB port. Good remote (not that it matters but I like it) Perfect for anime and gaming

bread's done
Back