Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
I decided to just import the standard edition from Amazon Japan: http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00Q9VX37G

Comes out to $52.24 (with shipping / no tax).

The Standard Edition still includes the same two booklets. The Collector's Edition just has the LD-sized packaging and storyboard book as additional extras.

I don't go for anime collectors editions especially when they're grossly overpriced. But that Gundam Origin blu-ray is way too tempting. Think I'll be putting in a preorder for that.

It was barely even licensed on DVD, so the answer is no.
I wish sports anime sold better over here...

it would help if they picked up good series instead of stuff like big windup though :/

maybe I will get lucky one day and rightstuff will get the rights to Major as that is one of the few shows like yakitate that I would support being licensed if it was just subbed.

also... we need some sort of deal in this thread... it seems like it's been forever since any sort of sale happened... I mean I suppose funimation is having a valentines sale but my quick glance told me they were garbage prices.

Agreed about the sports anime. Fighting Spirit needs a proper bluray release or re-release on dvd

Also I did not foresee difficult it'd be to collect the early collections and parts of One Piece and Fairy Tail respectively w/ slipcovers intact. Looking at around 25-35 each until I get to about maybe the 6-8 collection or part. 

Still highly grateful to have Fairy Tail Part 1 in my collection 

Stop torturing me with dreams that I know that will never come to fruition.
If they were to rerelease it I'd be so happy. The anime is top notch and the story is awesome. Too bad the latter dvd volumes sit at around 100+ on eBay

Flame of Recca also needs to get rereleased

Just so you know, the flame of recca dub is, well, it's bad, it's not awful, (some of the voices are decent, and good), but overall, it's bad.  Also, I'd really like to see Buso Renkin put on blu-ray.

Flame of recca is getting re-released but in dvd http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/t3acpUpV0ovO18PAXa/browse/item/104732/4/0/0.
What I want to see release on blu is Baki The Grappler that would make my year.
Too close to the 3ds majoras mask release and thats 250 spent. gonna have to wait it out

Just so you know, the flame of recca dub is, well, it's bad, it's not awful, (some of the voices are decent, and good), but overall, it's bad. Also, I'd really like to see Buso Renkin put on blu-ray.
That's why I prefer subs. It was a bad dub

Came in today. I also got Part 2 to Sailor Moon bluray, A-Channel bluray, Eccentric Family bluray, Chaos Head bluray, Itakiss dvd and One Piece Collection 11.

you guys like the smaller NISA sets? Sort of miss the longer boxes.

d2OfplQ.jpg

JuKidNS.jpg

Does anyone know what the deal is with A Certain Scientific Railgun Season 2 from Funi? I see that they released it on DVD only last year--even though the rest of the series is available on Blu-ray. Any word on what's up with that and if a Blu release is forthcoming? 

Hey I saw all you guys said about the Ben-to shipments. Thanks for the replies. After I tweeted them they issued a statement too it seems.

Looks like they got their shipment in though! https://www.facebook.com/rightstuf/photos/a.10151485847192745.1073741835.70101247744/10152887736167745/?type=1

When did you guys order? I ordered on May 19, and mine's still on order from manufacturer.
I ordered mine in April of last year. Had it locked in at like $35 with free shipping due to some good timing.

Hey I saw all you guys said about the Ben-to shipments. Thanks for the replies. After I tweeted them they issued a statement too it seems.

I ordered mine in April of last year.
You ordered from RS correct? I believe the just posted on their FB that they finally got them in and they should be shipping soon. So if yours does not ship tomorrow, it'll ship during the next shipping period which should be Monday.

By golly gee my Fry's order finally shipped. If any of you ordered Glass Maiden Complete or Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works Bluray then your order should have shipped at least that's what I understood from the follow up email. Huge backorder finally fulfilled 

Was able to snag Fairy Tail collection 3 for about $24 thanks to $15 worth of Best Buy certificates came via email. Had to pay shipping cuz the stores don't have it. Annoying! No wonder I don't shop there...jokers don't even have stuff in stock.

Was able to snag Fairy Tail collection 3 for about $24 thanks to $15 worth of Best Buy certificates came via email. Had to pay shipping cuz the stores don't have it. Annoying! No wonder I don't shop there...jokers don't even have stuff in stock.
pretty sure you can ship to store for free if you do an in store order since they consider it a "stock" order

I'm kind of annoyed, because Collections 1 and 2 were $25 when they came out, but 3 apparently can't follow that trend.

I'm kind of annoyed, because Collections 1 and 2 were $25 when they came out, but 3 apparently can't follow that trend.
They weren't that cheap when they came out. I know because I reserved them both. You're probably just thinking back when they are on sale - which was a steal! :)

It's $34.99 on gohastings and you can get free preorder shipping with EARLYBIRD

http://www.gohastings.com/product/MOVIE/Space-Dandy-Season-1/sku/295623644.uts
Thanks for that! That will probably be as cheap as it will be for a while.

Alright Ill admit it, Magical Index/Scientific Railgun grew on me (Touma's speeches notwithstanding). Certainly not perfect, but the characters are entertaining. 

Are the light novels worth reading? I do have one question for anyone that has read them, did they ever reveal

What Touma said about Misaka (season 1 episode 18)?

its a small detail, but im the kind of guy that has to know the little details. Just a yes or no answer is fine.

I definitely will be buying Sailor moon Season 1 part 2 on dvd from Best Buy.  (not buying blu ray as the video isn't worth it)

You ordered from RS correct? I believe the just posted on their FB that they finally got them in and they should be shipping soon. So if yours does not ship tomorrow, it'll ship during the next shipping period which should be Monday.
Yes I did. I got charged last night for shipping and they included my backordered Nadia (from the December sale) with the shipment too. Monday will be a nice day :)

So I'm looking to buy Gurren Lagann, any info on a Bluray release or where I can get the entire series?
They have the limited edition which will set you back a few hundred or less depending on when and where you find it.

There are three different DVD releases. A sub only and a dub/sub both released by Bandai and OOP

The first sub release has been broken into three parts each containing a third of the episodes. You can find the 1st part in a limited edition slip with the CD on Amazon for several bucks. Not too bad.

Second part of the sub release is a little bit harder to find but roughly 15-25

The third is easier but sits at the same price. With those three parts you'll own all of Gurren Lagann on DVD sub only

----------

Dub is a lot harder than sub

1st part is a few bucks. Second through third and maybe even fourth will each cost up to 60 bucks again keep looking. The final parts are a tad bit easier and will be about 15 each. This is a dub/sub combo as mentioned above

----------

Third option is the anime legends which will vary in cost. It's one of the most pirated animes ever so the chances of getting a legit anime legends in a black fat case is slim to none

---------------

If you're like me and don't mind either then I'd go with the sub.

If you can find a legit anime legends it won't cost much but that's hard

-------------

I'm sure there is someone with more knowledge on this than myself. This is as much as I know about collecting the anime. Not sure who has the rights

I bought my Gurren Lagann off eBay and it came in a clear dvd case.I know what you are going to say that it's a bootleg but it's not I checked it by verifying the amount of gigs it has on a computer.

I'd buy the UK Blu-ray release if I was you; that's what I'll be doing. Then you have a few options for how you want to go about using the region locked discs.

So I'm looking to buy Gurren Lagann, any info on a Bluray release or where I can get the entire series?
Aniplex is currently releasing the Blurays for the series. The last volume comes out the beginning of March. They're $50 a piece and there's 5 volumes but Rightstuf has them readily available. As mentioned already there are the Bandai DVD releases but Aniplex is there only way to get the Blurays.

Are they region locked?
Unfortunately they are.

All 5 volumes from Aniplex are available now at Rightstuf for $49.98 for each volume.

gaTKy53.jpg
I really need to pick these up soon.

Sucks that 90% of the Anime Legends sets on eBay are bootleg, thus driving down the set's value. Its pretty much the only reason why I haven't gotten rid of mine yet.

I think I know the answer but have the Toradora blu-rays ever been on sale at rightstuf for cheaper than they are now? I watched some of it for the reddit anime Christmas re-watch, really enjoyed it and wanted to pick up a copy. Thanks.

I think I know the answer but have the Toradora blu-rays ever been on sale at rightstuf for cheaper than they are now? I watched some of it for the reddit anime Christmas re-watch, really enjoyed it and wanted to pick up a copy. Thanks.
It hasn't been lower. Also that "sale price" is what it has been since forever. Its not really on sale.

bread's done
Back