Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Never seen it in English. I believe I've seen clips of it.

Anyone remember Outlanders? I think I may still have some of those sealed from US Manga Corps/central park on DVD.

Slam Dunk Season 1 Vol 1 DVD is up for preorder. Contains Eng Subs and Dub

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/Ag1XgYpSZbOoCzLmHg/browse/item/104892/4/0/0

B_SgW74UwAAMr2c.jpg

^^^ I'm one of the few people that has heard of the name but never seen a single episode or know what th e characters look like.
Same. I like the name, and know nothing else outside of the title mention.

As there been any word on a license rescue for Paranoia Agent? I'd buy that as a complete series set.

Same. I like the name, and know nothing else outside of the title mention.

As there been any word on a license rescue for Paranoia Agent? I'd buy that as a complete series set.
I could see Discotek picking that up at somepoint. Hell all of Satoshi Kon's older films really need re-releases.

So many good Sentai stuff but part of me hopes for an Eastern Star studio sale next week so I can order Chi's Sweet Home. Need that kitten anime. 

So how long is this sale going on for on Deepdiscount?
Same length as the one at DVDPlanet normally, and vice versa.

They're the same company, so the prices are generally about the same across both sites when each respective site has their own sales.

There are a few outliers that aren't the same or similar on both sites since technically the sales aren't live on both sites, but for the most part prices are typically similar during these sales, although it's almost never exactly the same price, but usually DD is a little cheaper in price, although DVDPlanet does have a reward program.

With that said, the DVDPlanet one is running until the 16th, so shop accordingly.

When the next Eastern Star sale occurs, I swear I'm going to drop over $100. Flame of Recca, Cagliostro, Samurai Troopers, and Fatal Fury... Crossing my fingers that it'll be soon.

Sentai got Parasyte

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00pcwHLDQBE&feature=youtu.be

Sentai got Parasyte

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00pcwHLDQBE&feature=youtu.be
Dammit, I actually wanted Funimation to grab this one. But it does look more like a title that Sentai was snatch up. I hope they do a dub. The show is fantastic and would watch it again dubbed.

Say what you will about Sentai dubs but I can't wait to own this!
Maybe I'm out of the loop or just not aboard the hip-trend hate train, but is there a substantial dislike or lack of quality with Sentai's dubs? The majority I've heard, with maybe the exception being Diabolik Lovers, were all excellent dubs.

Edit: Actually, in all honesty, the problem wasn't the Diabolik Lovers' dub. The show just flat out sucked.

Maybe I'm out of the loop or just not aboard the hip-trend hate train, but is there a substantial dislike or lack of quality with Sentai's dubs? The majority I've heard, with maybe the exception being Diabolik Lovers, were all excellent dubs.

Edit: Actually, in all honesty, the problem wasn't the Diabolik Lovers' dub. The show just flat out sucked.
I would say in average they are lower quality than Funi, Aniplex, and Viz dubs though they have upped the quality in the releases a lot recently. I really enjoyed the dubs for Watamote, Chunibyo, and Log Horizon.

I would say in average they are lower quality than Funi, Aniplex, and Viz dubs though they have upped the quality in the releases a lot recently. I really enjoyed the dubs for Watamote, Chunibyo, and Log Horizon.
I still want to check out that Watamote dub! I just finished watching Sentai's dub of Samurai Girls and Samurai Bride and thought they did an exceptional job.

Tokyo Magnitude, Penguindrum, and Towano Quon all have great dubs, and Infinite Stratos isn't bad.

Tokyo Magnitude, Penguindrum, and Towano Quon all have great dubs, and Infinite Stratos isn't bad.
"Great" isn't exactly the word I had in mind when watching the Penguindrum dub. Mediocre was more like it. Granted I didn't watch Part 2 but the subs had grammar errors out the wazoo and a majority of the dub cast were terrible. Towano Quon on the other hand was good.

Discotek Media/Eastern Star Announces April 2015 Releases!

Yes Samurai Pizza Cats!!! Meh it being on DVD but sure why not.
Yes. I love me my Samurai Pizza Cats dub. I rewatched it a few years ago. There's no way I got those meta jokes when I was a kid.

I've heard more bad or questionable dubs from Sentai than from Funi and the other big boys, but they also have a lot of good ones. It's just more of a crap shoot and less of a sure thing with them.

^ Unless it's via the Funi blog or someone hit a con, we would probably know when you do. Would Part 16 be the next series? I never keep up with them. 

[quote name="ssjChris" post="12553270" timestamp="1425744565"]^ Unless it's via the Funi blog or someone hit a con, we would probably know when you do. Would Part 16 be the next series? I never keep up with them. [/quote]
Yeah, Part 16 is when the relaunch starts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szdS3tt_xy0

These types of edits and censoring right here is why I hate Sentai. I also hate their dub titles.

Has anyone ever found anything worthwhile during one of these gohastings sales?

The website design is just awful and I'm 95% certain they Jack up prices during the sales.

Has anyone ever found anything worthwhile during one of these gohastings sales?

The website design is just awful and I'm 95% certain they Jack up prices during the sales.
I could not find anything all the good stuff has been taken I currently am thinking on getting Upotte Blu for $25 with code but idk.

Unless I am looking for a specific series, I always search for Limited Edition, Complete Series (FUNi releases), or Complete Collection (Sentai releases). It is a bit annoying having to click Movies > Used > In stock every time, but is usually worth it.

I don't usually find much during gohastings sales.  My wishlist there is mostly unavailable.

I was curious.  Has there been any new info about Evangelion 3.33's release here in the US?  I've been waiting to hear if they've announced a release date yet.

Funimation needs to pick up the speed on those collections for Fairy Tail. I can't be arsed overpaying for all these "parts" when I already watch the show regularly on CR.

Funimation needs to pick up the speed on those collections for Fairy Tail. I can't be arsed overpaying for all these "parts" when I already watch the show regularly on CR.
why would they pick up the speed on collections when it would just hurt their bottom line?

you first do the part release hoping to get people to buy at a higher price. It's important that people buy the anime at this time because if not enough people buy them they will assume it's a decrease in demand and likely stop making the anime.

you then do the collection releases to try to get people who want more episodes at once, who are willing to wait to get them cheaper. The sales here are important for the bottom line, but rarely decide if a show will continue to be released, they can help influence it though if the first round sales are close to the drop line though if these sales are strong.

finally for them they do a save release. these are to try to get people to impulse buy the show when they feel the other lines won't sell. These will still make them money but don't factor at all in the future of the series as if they need to get it that cheap to sell it won't be worth releasing in general.

for the record this is coming from someone who buys the collections because the parts are to expensive to me. I help show interest though by watching one piece and fairy tail via their streaming service as it comes out to show there is demand for it.

I don't usually find much during gohastings sales. My wishlist there is mostly unavailable.

I was curious. Has there been any new info about Evangelion 3.33's release here in the US? I've been waiting to hear if they've announced a release date yet.
Nope. Trust me, when it's announced, we will all know.

bread's done
Back