Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Just found this at my local anime store in the land of the rising sun. It's such a steal that even with the inflated prices of the remaining volumes, I'll still be paying less than the AniplexUSA version.

[attachment=12917:IMG_6364.JPG][attachment=12918:IMG_6365.JPG]

^ Not bad. I pretty much settled that it's too expensive to get it here. I haven't bought any UK releases in over a year but I never checked to see if it was ever licensed in the UK or not. I'm guessing no.

Just found this at my local anime store in the land of the rising sun. It's such a steal that even with the inflated prices of the remaining volumes, I'll still be paying less than the AniplexUSA version.

attachicon.gif
IMG_6364.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_6365.JPG
What is this?

What happened to the black guy that was into jrpgs? Wasn't his name mana knight or something? or royal high night? He used to write blogs. Does anyone remember his username.

I had a mini heart-attack when I saw the $143.99 price tag. No way am I paying that much for a single 26-episode series.
You can't spell Aniplex without NISA... wait. No. There's an extra S.

Edit: There's at least a 60 song OST and a hardcover artbook, but I feel like this isn't going to do well.

You can't spell Aniplex without NISA... wait. No. There's an extra S.
I hate that NISA apparently won't consider standard-edition or DVD-only releases for most of its stuff. Why would they release Premium Editions of Natsume's Book of Friends for all four seasons but only make a Standard Edition that combines just the first two? I'd love to pay $60 for a S3+S4 DVD-only combo pack, not $60 for each season's Premium Edition. :wall:

I hate that NISA apparently won't consider standard-edition or DVD-only releases for most of its stuff. Why would they release Premium Editions of Natsume's Book of Friends for all four seasons but only make a Standard Edition that combines just the first two? I'd love to pay $60 for a S3+S4 DVD-only combo pack, not $60 for each season's Premium Edition. :wall:
I wonder if it has anything to do with Oreimo. They had a DVD limited edition, and hyped it up as selling out. Then they release another DVD edition afterwards for cheaper that caused some outrage. Wonder how well the re-release sold too.

I thought it was one of the most popular series of its block. I remember a lot of people being put off from the first episode. The series was great imo and I have been looking forward to NISA's release since they got the license.
Judging by its sales, I'd be surprised that was true. It barely broke the top 20 sales at around 3k copies sold. It was the same season that saw Kill la Kill, Log Horizon, Golden Time, NouCome, and Non Non Biyori.

Judging by its sales, I'd be surprised that was true. It barely broke the top 20 sales at around 3k copies sold. It was the same season that saw Kill la Kill, Log Horizon, Golden Time, NouCome, and Non Non Biyori.
I just remember the discussion threads being pretty active for each episode. Though you just reminded me how good that block was :p

Are they high?!
$134.99 on TRSI. It has a nice box, a dub, a huge artbook, and a 60 track OST in it's own box. Its also not being split up into two collections so it seems worth it to me personally. The NISA store will most likely have its own preorder bonus though they charge a little more and have tax in CA.

What happened to the black guy that was into jrpgs? Wasn't his name mana knight or something? or royal high night? He used to write blogs. Does anyone remember his username.
Why's he gotta be "the black guy" why couldn't he just be "the guy"? :)

As for Valvrave and the UK, there still hasn't been any announced release of that series over there yet. However, I'm glad that I checked again, because there's a preorder up for Baccano on BD (which I missed out on here in the US). I'll have to see if there's anything else I want to get as well.

Why's he gotta be "the black guy" why couldn't he just be "the guy"? :)

As for Valvrave and the UK, there still hasn't been any announced release of that series over there yet. However, I'm glad that I checked again, because there's a preorder up for Baccano on BD (which I missed out on here in the US). I'll have to see if there's anything else I want to get as well.
Becuase that guy into jrpgs isn't really enough to go off of. ;)

Yeah, wasn't there some guy on here who had a massive doll collection he would post photos of?

I vaguely recall themanaknight's blogs, which mostly entailed how he wouldn't dare eat in front of people or share a hotel room with anyone at an anime-con, or some other nonsense.
That's Chuplayer.
Or how TMK ate nothing but like chicken fingers. With no sauce. And cries if something touches it.

I don't like eating with people either, cause I get heartburn even if I don't feel nervous.

I find the dolls a little weird, but I've been really really tempted by this one.

lzRas58.jpg

Cause there's seriously no good Tomoe Mami figures. They showed off a prototype of one I liked a few years ago, but they never made it. It basically looked like Tomoe Mami's Full Burst (Strike Freedom) mode.

I think they both deleted theirs. Chuplayer when everyone was making fun of him and a mod (probably Gwen) was on his case. And TMK deleted when he cut ties with CAG to move on with his life.

I personally have met TMK IRL and he's still cosplaying a lot. I think when he was on CAG, he really loved gaming but has since moved onto cosplaying anime characters and whatnot. He has pages on about every social media site out there if you really want to see him. He deleted his CAG blog because someone made a troll tumblr blog about him and he deleted it thanks to that. The blog in question was also removed. 

TL;DR - Don't troll people because of their hobbies. We're all weird in our in own kind of way. =P

(Yes, I'm aware of the stories he posted but give the guy a break. We all need to vent sometimes)

noucome was the one of that list i liked the best, golden time started off well, and just became a trainwreck in the middle

I find the dolls a little weird, but I've been really really tempted by this one.

Cause there's seriously no good Tomoe Mami figures. They showed off a prototype of one I liked a few years ago, but they never made it. It basically looked like Tomoe Mami's Full Burst (Strike Freedom) mode.
doesn't squarehead also have alot of dolls from his anime collection

I personally have met TMK IRL and he's still cosplaying a lot. I think when he was on CAG, he really loved gaming but has since moved onto cosplaying anime characters and whatnot. He has pages on about every social media site out there if you really want to see him. He deleted his CAG blog because someone made a troll tumblr blog about him and he deleted it thanks to that. The blog in question was also removed.

We're all weird in our in own kind of way. =P

(Yes, I'm aware of the stories he posted but give the guy a break. We all need to vent sometimes)
Understand the need to vent, that's what many blogs are used for. But the guy had issues that went beyond little personality quirks or idiosyncrasies. I remember multiple people replying to his blog suggesting he look into some form of therapy. And they weren't saying it to be mean, some seemed genuinely concerned.

Secondly, it's the Internet. You make blogs or posts like that--opening yourself to a public forum in that way--and unless you're living in some kind of twilight zone, you have to expect that trolls will come out of the woodwork. It might not be nice, but it's reality.

doesn't squarehead also have alot of dolls from his anime collection
Figures and dolls are two very different categories, especially when defined by chuplayer.

This is very clear if you've actually seen any his blogs, as there were plenty of pictures and detailed descriptions that will clearly show you the difference between the two. *shiver down spine*

Figures and dolls are two very different categories, especially when defined by chuplayer.

This is very clear if you've actually seen any his blogs, as there were plenty of pictures and detailed descriptions that will clearly show you the difference between the two. *shiver down spine*
After someone told me to Google his name I found he had collected some momoko dolls and Got Damn those are expensive!

bread's done
Back