Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering getting the Space Dandy Premium Edition from Funi and subbing to their service for a month to get the 20%. Not sure if I should wait for a potentially better deal or not.
Do note that they are putting a lot of effort into expanding their streaming as well. The have their entire catalog (I think?), several good simulcasts going, and are making a push for more simuldubs. I like the service for the simulcasts, but I agree they still have work to do.

Maybe no tax for you, but I happen to be in one of the 23 states they do charge tax. ~_~
they still have tax on it, it's just a question of if they are properly reporting it come income tax time or if they are not reporting it and leaving themselves open to being ripped apart by an audit in the future.

note if they don't make enough to file taxes in general then it is truly no tax for them, but if they have to file then they have to report their purchases and pay taxes on them. It's why I always sigh when tax and amazon comes up because all it did was change when you pay the tax not actually cost you any extra money.

The only thing that is standing out to me on the Funi subscriber sale is Noir in blu for 29.99. Never seen it, worth the money?

Edit: Second season of Freezing is also cheaper, regular and limited editions.

they still have tax on it, it's just a question of if they are properly reporting it come income tax time or if they are not reporting it and leaving themselves open to being ripped apart by an audit in the future.

note if they don't make enough to file taxes in general then it is truly no tax for them, but if they have to file then they have to report their purchases and pay taxes on them. It's why I always sigh when tax and amazon comes up because all it did was change when you pay the tax not actually cost you any extra money.
I said charged tax, not reported tax! ;D

Don't worry Square Amazon will charge tax on all 50 states sooner or later. Enjoy it while you can those that are tax free cause soon it'll come. haha

I for one never had the joy of getting stuff from AMZ tax free so BB was is a better choice for me. I get RZ certs and free two day shipping anyway.

Yay Sentai sale on RS~ Been holding out since BB/Amazon always send me broken cases :<
You must not be an elite/elite plus member from bby. Jk I've never received a broken blu case they've all came in new condition.

Edit: except for this one time when I ordered at dvdplanet.com and they sent my girls und panzer beat and busted to shit like if they were playing rugby with it.In the end they sent me a FREE copy so I ended up with 2 girls und panzer :)

Yay Sentai sale on RS~ Been holding out since BB/Amazon always send me broken cases :<
cat-saying-hooray.jpg

You must not be an elite/elite plus member from bby. Jk I've never received a broken blu case they've all came in new condition.

Edit: except for this one time when I ordered at dvdplanet.com and they sent my girls und panzer beat and busted to shit like if they were playing rugby with it.In the end they sent me a FREE copy so I ended up with 2 girls und panzer :)
Nope! though I only just got GCU during the holidays this passed year. I haven't ordered too much anime from BB but considering the price of their Sentai sale w/ tax is the same as with RS w/ discount, I figured I might as well just wait for the next studio sale.

I for one never had the joy of getting stuff from AMZ tax free so BB was is a better choice for me. I get RZ certs and free two day shipping anyway.
And Prime is pissing me off. They had a discounted deal recently, which is why I signed up. But they've lost 2 out of 3 orders I had wanted 2nd day, cause they keep using Amazon Local to "deliver".

And Prime is pissing me off. They had a discounted deal recently, which is why I signed up. But they've lost 2 out of 3 orders I had wanted 2nd day, cause they keep using Amazon Local to "deliver".
I have had a few orders from Amazon Local lost as well. I thought some kids were stealing mail at first, but then I caught the Amazon guy delivering packages that were just thrown in the back of his car lol.

Hmm I heard of that but I'm in an area where they don't offer it. I'm kind of glad now after here about all this.

I have had a few orders from Amazon Local lost as well. I thought some kids were stealing mail at first, but then I caught the Amazon guy delivering packages that were just thrown in the back of his car lol.
Wow...I would have been like dude, please stop throwing my anime around like it is nothing. Dragon punch!

Oh and nothing for me with the Sentai sale. Stuff is still pretty high. I think RS is on the verge of not offering stuff so cheap anymore it seems. Sucks because in order to get the best deals you pretty much need to order it when it first is up for preorder or wait and hope it comes up during the Holiday Sale it seems.

Does anyone remember how frequently Rightstuf does partial shipments for orders? I remember there being like one or two specific days a month that they always ship them. I've got a few orders that are sitting there in limbo because pre-orders were included, so I'm hoping to get some of that on its way ASAP--especially the entirety of Attack on Titan, as I'll finish the anime tomorrow, and I want to keep going!

Also, any standouts from the Sentai sale? I have a fair few Sentai things already, but they don't have much else that I know I'm interested in. I'm bumping up to the Blu-ray of Devil Survivor 2, and I'm considering Knights of Sidonia; I like mecha, but I know very little about that series. I will point out, though, that I despise and absolutely cannot stand harem, ecchi, etc, so I know a lot of Sentai's catalog is out of the question for me.

Don't worry Square Amazon will charge tax on all 50 states sooner or later. Enjoy it while you can those that are tax free cause soon it'll come. haha

They can't charge tax in states that don't have sale tax.

Did Okami-san and Her Seven Companions price drop or something?  Cheapest I found it last month for the standard edition was $40.  Now Rightstuf has it for $30 & Amazon has it for $23.99(ended up ordering one from Amazon).

Meh, didn't have the cash at Christmas time. At least now I'm not paying $40+ for it.

It was re-released as an Anime Classics title.
Just got it from UPS and what I got has no indication that it's an Anime Classics. Plus Funimation has no mention of it being a Anime Classic on their website(all I'm seeing is the standard set). This might just be one of those releases that they eventually drop the MSRP instead of re-releasing it under a different label(like they did with Rideback & Oh Edo Rocket).

TRSI trying to clear space on the High School of the Dead CE's no one bought (cept me) lol. It is currently on sale for $50.00. With FS at $50 I would say it is not a bad deal considering the normal set is normally around ~$30. 

Thoughts on the series aside, the CE set itself is pretty nice. My main concern before was that the series + OVA were regularly found cheaply which didn't justify the CE price. At $50 I think it is worth it though. 

TRSI trying to clear space on the High School of the Dead CE's no one bought (cept me) lol. It is currently on sale for $50.00. With FS at $50 I would say it is not a bad deal considering the normal set is normally around ~$30.

Thoughts on the series aside, the CE set itself is pretty nice. My main concern before was that the series + OVA were regularly found cheaply which didn't justify the CE price. At $50 I think it is worth it though.
It is part of the Section 23 sale though, so I wouldn't say that it's the sole reason it's on sale. ;P

That being said, I bought this set awhile ago for this price, and it's a good set.

Solid CE set for those who are interested.

I bet you wear that bandana every day. Wasn't a fan of the first episode a few years back, but I'll try it again for the "plot".  If it's still on sale in April, I'll pick it up (damn you emissions test & car repairs). 

At this price, I'm sold on it -- especially for a title that's in my top-ten anime of the last few years. Well worth picking up for $50 to replace my Region 2 DVD set.

Hyperdimension Neptunia (Limited Edition Bluray/DVD Combo) - $45.99

Hyperdimension Neptunia LE & regular edition is up for preorder at Rightstuf now.
Yeah those have been up since Mar. 18th, 2015. I guess I missed that one when I reposted from that other member.

per this post.

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/315734-anime-manga-steals-and-deals-rightstuf-amazon-ddetc/?p=12571707

FUNimation Announces June 2015 Releases!

http://www.rightstuf.com/site/main/news/individual/FT0000007567.html

So, is anyone preordering the special edition soul eater that funimation thinks we desperately need?

[quote name="Ashlla" post="12582123" timestamp="1426893675"]So, is anyone preordering the special edition soul eater that funimation thinks we desperately need?[/quote]
Im waiting on how the packaging will look before i preorder or not

I dunno. I like Soul Eater and all, but $87 is a lot for something I've already bought twice. I suspect that it will be very similar in appearance to the amazon le of Cowboy Bebop.

I guess I bought that series three times...

triage X is coming, from the same author who wrote high school of the dead.

Frys order shipped with Samurai Bride, Girls und Panzer, and Towano Quon at $6 ea. Ordered Jan 2, shipped Mar 19.

Are you asking about the actual set, or the series itself?
I'll ask about the series, while also giving my opinion on the set. So, is the show any good?

As for the special edition set; the idea of paying $18 for a poster, sticker, and 16 postcards stopped exciting me a long time ago. I would just get the regular edition if the series is good.

Mainly the set. The blu set is $41.99 for the bluray only. The posters can be in the $15 range any ways and it includes the dvds at least that's how I was looking at it. I enjoy the manga and enjoyed the series enough that I want to own it but I'm torn lol. The show was pretty good some deviation from the manga but a second season is on the way. Also it's available for streaming on Netflix.

My two RS $10 blind boxes from the Pi day sale:

WnhuqfC.jpg

Antique Bakery is not a show for me. Will sell on eBay or if anyone wants it pm me.

Never heard of Gasaraki before, but it sounds like a decent watch.

Both are complete series which is cool for $10 a piece (or in this case, $3.14). I would try my luck again if they do another sale like this.

bread's done
Back