Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine was canceled more than a year ago after I asked them when it would actually get released.

Their crystal ball must've told them it was easier to just cancel than to have me constantly emailing them every few months to ask when it'll be released. :(

ah yes this glorious thread of doom

and I too hold out evangelion 3.33 hope. hell Im still waiting on the finale movie and seeing what insanity 4.44 brings.

but the DBZ sale....ordered it today to finish my DB collection and because I am a sucker and their site said it was out of stock(though the individuals ones dont show out of stock and I guess it is literally just a giant wrapping of each season in one box for the bundle), but despite being out of stock it let me order it.....

so should I expect Funi to honor it or will I get a cancellation email? or is this a random crapshoot?

cant imagine Funimation is low on DBZ discs.

I've had some Funi orders that took months to get fulfilled, but they still shipped when they did have them "in stock", even though it clearly showed on their site it had been in stock and could still be ordered a month before I actually received my order, and when I called customer service they were like *shrug*.  I mean I got it eventually, but don't expect the experience to be super helpful or pleasant.  It'll get there when it gets there, and hopefully for you it won't be nearly that long of a wait.

TLRsvDN.gif

I've had some Funi orders that took months to get fulfilled, but they still shipped when they did have them "in stock", even though it clearly showed on their site it had been in stock and could still be ordered a month before I actually received my order, and when I called customer service they were like *shrug*. I mean I got it eventually, but don't the experience to be super helpful or pleasant. It'll get there when it gets there, and hopefully for you it won't be nearly that long of a wait.
well thats equal parts comforting and depressing.

Considering they just extended the sale, I doubt they will cancel it.
yeah thats the funny thing, i clicked on the store pretty soon after I saw that email.

Really sad to hear Funimation has dropped the ball on orders. 

I use to order through them when they were known as The Z-Store and never had a problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PenpMERBN30

It wasn't long after that that I learned about Rightstuf whom I've ordered from ever since.

HAHA that old commercial.

yeah right stuff is solid....but this sale had to be the cheapest the series has ever been especially those blu rays and hell even the blue DB bricks havent been this cheap before I Dont think.

Does this seem like a bootleg or authentic release possibly from JPN?
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=291529932320&alt=web
Looks like some kinda promo and/or review copy with no UPC, unless there was a slipcover or something. Only speaking for the UPC as I don't know about anime BD box arts.

I'm pretty cautious of buying foreign movies on eBay. Seems like every Takashi Miike movie I ever got is somewhat bootleg. High quality, but the cases are slightly different and no inner chapter leaflets. At least the discs have held up, tho, unlike cheap CDs that tend to have the data layer flake off.

Edit: that's super weird, I can't find that product with alternate images on any other page, Google images, or completed/sold listings... Something does seem odd.

Looks like some kinda promo and/or review copy with no UPC, unless there was a slipcover or something. Only speaking for the UPC as I don't know about anime BD box arts.

I'm pretty cautious of buying foreign movies on eBay. Seems like every Takashi Miike movie I ever got is somewhat bootleg. High quality, but the cases are slightly different and no inner chapter leaflets. At least the discs have held up, tho, unlike cheap CDs that tend to have the data layer flake off.

Edit: that's super weird, I can't find that product with alternate images on any other page, Google images, or completed/sold listings... Something does seem odd.
Its a bootleg. The back of the set is a dead giveaway. Plus the fact that the original set does not have ENG subs.

I still find it weird that the anime BD bootleg market is taking such a long time to take off. At least the ones that are out are dead giveaways.

It's a bootleg.

The guy on his previous/other listings actually implied that he makes these himself, and then ranted about how other people were "copying" him in making the sets, and he was the "original" one.

He essentially just told everyone, "Please buy from me because I was the original fake."

But of course, as noted, there are also dead giveaways that says it's a fake.

It's a bootleg.

The guy on his previous/other listings actually implied that he makes these himself, and then ranted about how other people were "copying" him in making the sets, and he was the "original" one.

He essentially just told everyone, "Please buy from me because I was the original fake."

But of course, as noted, there are also dead giveaways that says it's a fake.
The best part about that is that I'm sure the irony is completely lost on him.

Surprised it getting released that quickly. One watch was enough for me though.Way too tedious in it's pacing;especially with the fights.(Amuro rips through the opposition as if they're made of balsa wood).

They're also releasing the Turn A movies on the same day.

I might actually get the Blu-rays, as they're putting the entire series on 4 discs, which means I can condense them easily and save shelf space.

EDIT: I love that the cover is Gundam + G-Fighter vs. Gelgoog + Elmeth, something that doesn't happen until Collection 2.

I can't Decide to preorder now or wait and hope for a lower pre order price.
You still got time, so no rush.

Not to mention Rightstuf doesn't do partial shipments now anyways, so if you order it with something else, you going to be waiting for awhile to get everything from the order all at once. :*(

And it's just under the free shipping amount too to order it standalone.

Not to mention Rightstuf doesn't do partial shipments now anyways, so if you order it with something else, you going to be waiting for awhile to get everything from the order all at once. :*(

I asked them about two weeks ago now about partial shipments since I have SAO2 vol 2-4 all on the same order. They told me they were working on it but it would be a bit before they started doing it again. Worse case I can always cancel/re-order them though I agree that most of the new site is a pain.

They are back to doing partial I believe. Just got two small charges today from them.

I might actually get the Blu-rays, as they're putting the entire series on 4 discs, which means I can condense them easily and save shelf space.

EDIT: I love that the cover is Gundam + G-Fighter vs. Gelgoog + Elmeth, something that doesn't happen until Collection 2.
ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING

I can't Decide to preorder now or wait and hope for a lower pre order price.
Do it now or Bright will slap you.

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING
I already have condensed several Gundam titles. I put some of my Zeta discs in 2-disc cases and current have the original MSG sharing the Zeta box. Also have SEED, SEED Destiny, both movie sets, Wing, and G in my original SEED artbox. Have all the UC movies in one box, and Gundam 00 and SD Gundam Season 2 in my G Gundam box. My shelf space for Gundam has been truncated by more than half its normal size, smaller than even if I picked up the re-released boxsets Bandai put out. It's not as truncated as my Pokémon DVDs, but it works well enough.

Are Got Anime exclusions the same with the new site? Or did that change as well with the redesign? Can't seem to find a list now and the pages don't do a good job of saying it now

Are Got Anime exclusions the same with the new site? Or did that change as well with the redesign? Can't seem to find a list now and the pages don't do a good job of saying it now
If you have the membership it should automatically apply the price.

Instead of two prices listed, you'll see three prices list, two of them with a line drawn through the middle.

We had this discussion awhile ago, but it does seem to apply to a lot more things now than it used to in the past, so it seems to have gotten better.

Also, what list are you talking about in particular? There was never really a list of things that didn't apply to, but they did have a "Weekly Specials" section that listed a bunch of things that were just generally cheaper than usual because it was on sale (relatively speaking). Unfortunately they changed the format of those sales, and now they are a much smaller list of weekly sale items, compared to the past when they just had over a hundred items listed as on sale. This is basically a result from a survey that they took awhile back to get feedback on the special sales they tried last holiday season with the deal of the day sales, and I think because we gave them good feedback about it (thinking they were trying to get feedback for the next holiday sale), they decided to implement that feedback into the new site, but it's still hard to tell if the change in format of these sales are all that beneficial.

It use to state on the item page if something was disqualified from GotAnime. Don't see it anymore

If you have the membership it should automatically apply the price.

Instead of two prices listed, you'll see three prices list, two of them with a line drawn through the middle.

We had this discussion awhile ago, but it does seem to apply to a lot more things now than it used to in the past, so it seems to have gotten better.

Also, what list are you talking about in particular? There was never really a list of things that didn't apply to, but they did have a "Weekly Specials" section that listed a bunch of things that were just generally cheaper than usual because it was on sale (relatively speaking). Unfortunately they changed the format of those sales, and now they are a much smaller list of weekly sale items, compared to the past when they just had over a hundred items listed as on sale. This is basically a result from a survey that they took awhile back to get feedback on the special sales they tried last holiday season with the deal of the day sales, and I think because we gave them good feedback about it (thinking they were trying to get feedback for the next holiday sale), they decided to implement that feedback into the new site, but it's still hard to tell if the change in format of these sales are all that beneficial.

It use to state on the item page if something was disqualified from GotAnime. Don't see it anymore
As I've noted, it seems almost everything now is just put into three different prices, a msrp price, a non-member price, and a member price.

I compared quite a few items that weren't eligible for GA discounts prior to the site change to now, and all of those items have a member price attached to them now, so it would appear that GA is basically open on everything now as it appears. I'm guessing that could have possibly been one of the reasons to switch to the new system, and also possibly increasing GA membership subs by opening up discounts on everything now, as opposed to basically less than half their stock before.

Cover does look great though. But yeah, I would have preferred something like Char doing his signature kick with his Zaku or something with Ramba Ral.

I do want that MSG Blu-Ray set, though I wonder why I would need it if I watch more DVDs than Blu-Rays.

Man I'm kicking myself for not paying attention to RightStuf's clearance because the first result of searching for Gundam is a Perfect Grade Burning Gundam for $40 and it's out of stock.

I honestly don't know why they still have Gundam models on there. I ordered 2 back in April and still haven't gotten them yet, and 90% of their listings are out of stock. Just junk the whole section.

So is the Persona 4 CE set worth buying if you already have Vol. 1/2 of the Blu-Ray? I'm a dub only person so having Japanese audio is not a feature.

So is the Persona 4 CE set worth buying if you already have Vol. 1/2 of the Blu-Ray? I'm a dub only person so having Japanese audio is not a feature.
I would say probably not unless you really want the box. The big draw for me is the Japanese audio track being included.

I ended up getting some 6-disc cases for those. Have the series currently in 5 cases.
Gross

I honestly don't know why they still have Gundam models on there. I ordered 2 back in April and still haven't gotten them yet, and 90% of their listings are out of stock. Just junk the whole section.
That's the way it goes for most sites that list Gundam models. They are always reprinted constantly during the year, it is just the matter of when they get them in.

Received a follow up email from Funimation about the DBZ movie bluray set, it's currently on backorder, so soon as it's filled, it will ship. Least I'm not SOL when it said Oit of Stock on the original purchase.

Received a follow up email from Funimation about the DBZ movie bluray set, it's currently on backorder, so soon as it's filled, it will ship. Least I'm not SOL when it said Oit of Stock on the original purchase.
wow kind of amazed they are so back ordered on this.....crazy, though the prices were amazing for blu rays. but still didnt think so many of us were suckers for the blu rays lol

Actually, I managed to get the code to work with Fairy Tail Part 15, Sailor Moon S2P1 LE, Mayo Chiki Blu-Ray, Soul Eater Not, and Baka & Test Season 1 (along with Photo Kano DVD) and got Fairy Tail, Photo Kano, and Baka & Test free. 

Then again, I tried to do a second order with Pokémon DVDs and despite appearing in the qualifying titles list, did not activate the code. So...yea.

bread's done
Back