Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Just as expected, Funi's Cyber Monday sale is a bust.

Aw well, here's hoping to next year they'll actually run a good sale, and not just sub par ones doubled up across Rightstuf's Funi sales too. :(

Grabbed DtB S2 and then set 4 and 5 of Ranma on blu to get my free shipping. They've gotten $150 out of me so far. Not bad. What tweaks me the most is that Amazon has better sales on some of these.

Well I'm pretty much done for this year. I got both clannad and after story on blu ray, as well as all of rose of Versailles (the limited edition sets) and topped it off with FMP second raid on blu ray. Thanks to those of you who kept us up to date with sales and promo codes

Just as expected, Funi's Cyber Monday sale is a bust.

Aw well, here's hoping to next year they'll actually run a good sale, and not just sub par ones doubled up across Rightstuf's Funi sales too. :(
Doubt it, I have a feeling that the Uni deal has something to do with this. Probably Uni trying to get them to clear out the warehouse. So next year it'll be more of the same. But hey at least we can see next year.

Doubt it, I have a feeling that the Uni deal has something to do with this. Probably Uni trying to get them to clear out the warehouse. So next year it'll be more of the same. But hey at least we can see next year.
I didn't say my hopes were high, but one can still dream. :*(

That's... actually a pleasant surprise. The anime wasn't bad, but it felt like it skipped chunks of days at a time. Not sure how the manga is.
Need dat Light Novel. For what it was, the anime was great. The stuff after Season 1 certainly got interesting and the latest LN was very juicy in regards to Tigre's relationships with the Vanadis.

Can I get feedback from the more knowledgable and up to date on the quality of the Blu-ray Full Metal Panic! sets? Particularly interested in this Full Metal Panic! Second Raid set posted above: http://www.rightstufanime.com/Full-Metal-Panic-The-Second-Raid-Blu-ray-Complete-Series-Hyb-Anime-Classics?

Is it worth upgrading from the DVD? Or is this only an upscale job? This is one of my favorite series and The Second Raid is my favorite of the 3 Full Metal Panic! sets (I own them all on DVD already).

It's a relatively early FUNi Blu-ray, but overall it's about the same quality as their other Blu-rays.

Second Raid isn't an upscale though. Well, not a true upscale, anyway.

They're relatively well-cleaned up upscales and Second raid was in widescreen, though I can't stand Second Raid, but I love the other two series.  Though, for $13, I'm very tempted to replace my dvds.

They're relatively well-cleaned up upscales and Second raid was in widescreen, though I can't stand Second Raid, but I love the other two series. Though, for $13, I'm very tempted to replace my dvds.
I liked it the most. It was the darkest, grittiest, and most serious of them all. Fumoffu was just a spinoff. The first one was great, but I thought Second Raid stepped it up a notch.

Minor word of warning though, if you get the original FMP Season 1 Blu-ray release, it was one of those 3-disc packs in 2 cases (one 2-disc case and one 1-disc case) in a slipbox that FUNi did back in the early days.

Just got home, sorry for the delay,

Mega Deal

Day 20

Invaders of the Rokujyoma!? Blu-ray Retail Price: $59.98, Your Member Price: $29.99

Invaders of the Rokujyoma!? DVD Retail Price: $49.98, Your Member Price: $24.99

Day 20

.hack//G.U.+ Manga 05 Your Price: $4.39

.hack//G.U. Novel 01 Your Price: $3.99

.hack//G.U. Novel 02 Your Price: $4.39

.hack//G.U. Novel 03 Your Price: $4.39

.hack//G.U. Novel 04 Your Price: $4.39

.hack//G.U. Trilogy Movie DVD Your Price: $14.99

Cowboy Bebop Complete Series Blu-ray Your Price: $29.99

The Curse M DVD Adult Your Price: $5.00

Darker Than Black Season 1 Premium Edition Blu-ray Your Price: $49.99

DearS CD Soundtrack Your Price: $1.99

Emma: A Victorian Romance Season 1 DVD Litebox Your Price: $19.99

Emma: A Victorian Romance Season 2 DVD Litebox Your Price: $19.99

Guardian Hearts Manga 01 Your Price: $3.99

Guardian Hearts Manga 02 Your Price: $3.99

Guardian Hearts Manga 03 Your Price: $3.99

Guy: Double Target DVD Adult Your Price: $6.00

Hello Kitty's Animation Theater DVD Your Price: $9.99

His Arrogance Manga Adult Your Price: $7.99

Iron Bodyguard DVD Your Price: $3.99

Kagami Kuroko's Basketball Keychain PU Leather Your Price: $5.03

Kino's Journey Complete Collection DVD Your Price: $13.99

Kirenji Girls Combat School DVD Your Price: $4.00

Kyoto Travel Bundle Your Price: $16.99

La Corda d'Oro ~ Primo Passo ~ Complete Collection DVD Your Price: $24.49

Legend of the Mystical Ninja Complete Collection DVD Your Price: $5.00

The Limit Manga 01 Your Price: $5.48

The Limit Manga 02 Your Price: $5.48

The Limit Manga 03 Your Price: $5.48

The Limit Manga 04 Your Price: $5.48

The Limit Manga 05 Your Price: $5.48

The Limit Manga 06 Your Price: $5.48

Living for the Day After Tomorrow DVD Your Price: $13.99

Love Circumstances Manga Adult Your Price: $7.99

Momo: The Girl God of Death DVD Your Price: $10.49

Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt Blu-ray/DVD Anime Classics Your Price: $19.99

Psychic Detective Yakumo Blu-ray Your Price: $20.99

Psychic Detective Yakumo DVD Your Price: $17.49

Ramen Fighter Miki Complete Collection DVD Litebox Your Price: $9.99

Reideen Collection 1 DVD Your Price: $17.49

Reideen Collection 2 DVD Your Price: $19.99

Royal Space Force: Wings of Honneamise Blu-ray Your Price: $13.99

Royal Space Force: Wings of Honneamise DVD Your Price: $10.49

Sailor Moon Lanyard: Luna, Artemis, and Diana Your Price: $6.47

Samurai Harem: Asu no Yoichi DVD Your Price: $17.49

Samurai Man Manga 01 Your Price: $2.39

Samurai Man Manga 02 Your Price: $2.39

Samurai Man Manga 03 Your Price: $2.39

Samurai Resurrection DVD Your Price: $3.99

Scarlet Manga Adult Your Price: $5.99

SD Nagisa and Penguin Free! Keychain Metal Your Price: $5.03

Silver Spoon Season 1 DVD Your Price: $39.98

Silver Spoon Season 2 DVD Your Price: $39.98

A Little Snow Fairy Sugar Collection 1 DVD Your Price: $13.99

A Little Snow Fairy Sugar Collection 2 DVD Your Price: $13.99

Taisho Baseball Girls Blu-ray Your Price: $20.99

Taisho Baseball Girls DVD Your Price: $17.49

Tsuki: Possession/Virgin Roster DVD-ROM Game Adult (Windows) Your Price: $14.97

tsuritama Blu-ray Your Price: $24.49

tsuritama DVD Your Price: $20.99

I wonder just how popular those live-action movies are.

Although I'm sort of interested in Kirenji Girls Combat School.

Anyway, this seems a little weak for the First Day of Christmas.

What's with this "premium edition" for DtB S1? Is this because they finally got the rights to do the blu-ray and are exacting a premium for this old ass show? Sigh. Really struggling to justify this one when S2 was just $20.

Edit: Limited to 5000 my foot. Someone buy them all and force them to release one that doesn't have all this crap I don't want

What are the chances that Invaders is going to get another season. There should be plenty of content for additional seasons and I thought it sold well in Japan...Anyway Rightstuf calls $30 a sale price? Outrageous

What are the chances that Invaders is going to get another season. There should be plenty of content for additional seasons and I thought it sold well in Japan...Anyway Rightstuf calls $30 a sale price? Outrageous
It's only been out for a few weeks, so it is a pretty big sale to them.

I didn't get the email about the funimation special prices going off till this morning and missed the stuff that was in my cart :(

I had an opportunity to buy it for $25 but i passed,did i make the right call?
It's only been out for a few weeks, so it is a pretty big sale to them.
I checked Amazon and they had the same price as rightstuf this morning. Lately Amazon has stopped caring about price matching anime titles, unless they're Ghibli films. So i figured that was the average price.

I had an opportunity to buy it for $25 but i passed,did i make the right call?
I would have jumped on it for $25.

I checked Amazon and they had the same price as rightstuf this morning. Lately Amazon has stopped caring about price matching anime titles, unless they're Ghibli films. So i figured that was the average price.

I would have jumped on it for $25.
I believe it was originally a pm to best buys price.

New Viz Manga digital bundles at vizmanga.com.

Boys Over Flowers Volumes 1-10: $25
Boys Over Flowers Volumes 1-20: $40
Boys Over Flowers Volumes 1-37: $74
Yu Yu Hakusho Volumes 1-10: $20
Yu Yu Hakusho Volumes 1-19: $38

I wonder just how popular those live-action movies are.

Although I'm sort of interested in Kirenji Girls Combat School.

Anyway, this seems a little weak for the First Day of Christmas.
yeah I've always wondered about the live action movie popularities.....that said I usually find enjoyment out of them, whats funny is people i know that hate anime will watch these even though they are nearly the same thing. more proof anime haters are irrational as hell as I've never heard a solid reason to hate anime as a whole since there is literally an anime genre for everyone. heck I know one guy downloaded Blood because he thought it sounded cool, i turned it on so we could watch it and he threw a hissy fit because it was anime.

so random question.....

does anyone know why so many animes don't let you use english subtitles with english voice overs???
Like what? There are some that don't let you watch the Japanese dub without the subtitles, but usually you can control them independently.

Got my Dr. Slump bundle today.  One of the books was sealed; all were placed out of numerical order. Went through the boxand every volume I ordered was there.  Thanks, Rightstuf.

Let's see some Case Closed manga bundles next.

Like what? There are some that don't let you watch the Japanese dub without the subtitles, but usually you can control them independently.
do not care about Japanese dub(yes some do, but i really dont) hence i did ask about english voice overs.

I mean watching english with english subtitles. there are a large chunk of anime releases that for some unknown reason(hence I asked why this is) that block english subtitles when watching in english audio.

Probably because a lot of Japanese companies force English companies to lock the subtitles to the Japanese version to curb reverse importing. So, because of that, they have to lock the subtitles to a language.

FUNi used to make subtitles for both the original Japanese version and the English dub way back when, but idiots kept confusing the two and they stopped doing that.

Probably because a lot of Japanese companies force English companies to lock the subtitles to the Japanese version to curb reverse importing. So, because of that, they have to lock the subtitles to a language.

FUNi used to make subtitles for both the original Japanese version and the English dub way back when, but idiots kept confusing the two and they stopped doing that.
really? they force it curb importing? well thats a load of BS that royally sucks. beyond stupid that in 2015 countries and companies still play importing BS politics especially with you know TV programs. and kind of sucks for folks with legit hearing problems even if it was just the japanese english translations which didnt always match the english audio.

yeah i know animes used to do it more often but seems like lately most don't which is rather dumb. and i have no idea how anyone could confuse subtitle options. heck I have some blu rays that have like 10 audio languages and 20 subtitle language options(non-anime here)....I kind of thought we'd be getting more not less.

in any event thanks for answering the question.

Well, if you were in Japan and you could spend $300 for a 26-episode series or $70+$20 shipping to import the title, which would you choose?

Remember, normal Japanese DVDs and Blu-rays are priced the same as Aniplex titles. It's also one of the reasons why we sometimes get inferior masters and why Toei refuses to give FUNimation stereo version of the Japanese audio from Dragonball Z.

Minor word of warning though, if you get the original FMP Season 1 Blu-ray release, it was one of those 3-disc packs in 2 cases (one 2-disc case and one 1-disc case) in a slipbox that FUNi did back in the early days.
I hate slipcovers. More shit to keep track of and take care of. I find it grueling enough to buy physical discs. If only everything was digital and cheaper. Sadly, and confusingly, the physical releases of most items seem to be cheaper, by a long shot. Just look at iTunes. Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid is $22.99 and it also says it's in standard definition. Fumoffu is $24.99 in high definition. Shit is backwards.

Well, if you were in Japan and you could spend $300 for a 26-episode series or $70+$20 shipping to import the title, which would you choose?

Remember, normal Japanese DVDs and Blu-rays are priced the same as Aniplex titles. It's also one of the reasons why we sometimes get inferior masters and why Toei refuses to give FUNimation stereo version of the Japanese audio from Dragonball Z.
while i get what you are saying however it is still rather stupid and seems more than anything to punish actual customers because you can find a superior pirated version. I mean why pay 300 dollars for an inferior version when a superior versions exists for free?

I still don't understand why Japan DVD prices are so absurd. they really need to get with the times. then again the Japanese gaming and anime market has always been odd. if prices are an issue then they need to adjust them not ban them and force piracy as the only practical solution all the while screaming at how piracy = evil.

bread's done
Back