Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm beyond psyched that Crunchyroll is licensing home releases. I just have a few concerns:

1. Price of the Blu's. 

2. Consistency of releases 

3. Dubbing Gintama. Sentai was onto something when they dubbed the movie a few years back. I also think it's one hell of a bold move to license a 300+ episode shonen in your first wave of licenses ... I'd imagine the license is split between Gintama S1 and Gintama' aka S2, etc. But, yeah. 

Godspeed, CR. 

(and watch out, Funimation)

I'm beyond psyched that Crunchyroll is licensing home releases. I just have a few concerns:

1. Price of the Blu's.

2. Consistency of releases

3. Dubbing Gintama. Sentai was onto something when they dubbed the movie a few years back. I also think it's one hell of a bold move to license a 300+ episode shonen in your first wave of licenses ... I'd imagine the license is split between Gintama S1 and Gintama' aka S2, etc. But, yeah.

Godspeed, CR.

(and watch out, Funimation)
I was excited to hear the news as well as they got a lot of shows that I enjoyed watching during their simulcast.

The prices are what I'm wondering about as well. I have a feeling that they will be sold as RS as well as CR since CR has a decent relationship with them. But man, I'm scared to know what it is going to cost us.

Also, the movie irrc was 5 Centimeters Per Second. Bandai actually manufactured and distributed the DVD for them while Bang Zoom did the dub.

Yeah I don't even know how they going to handle Gintama. But I looke forward to it. Maybe they will do something like Funi does with Fairy Tail and do collections.

I was excited to hear the news as well as they got a lot of shows that I enjoyed watching during their simulcast.

The prices are what I'm wondering about as well. I have a feeling that they will be sold as RS as well as CR since CR has a decent relationship with them. But man, I'm scared to know what it is going to cost us.

Also, the movie irrc was 5 Centimeters Per Second. Bandai actually manufactured and distributed the DVD for them while Bang Zoom did the dub.

Yeah I don't even know how they going to handle Gintama. But I looke forward to it. Maybe they will do something like Funi does with Fairy Tail and do collections.
A lot of panels were joint panels even at E3 for smaller companies. Guessing the booth/convention room's cost a lot and they were splitting the cost. Sounds fair to me. :)

As for the dubbing, I'm pretty sure Aniplex, Viz and Sentai all use Bang Zoom for recording. I still think Funimation is the only studio that has their own recording studio.

Well, the collections would be the best route to go for a forever-long shonen. Fairy Tail is actually a good example as it was a troubled license for Funimation to begin with. I'm sure CR marketing is smart but 20 episodes a pop - especially with a dub - probably won't happen in the first wave of Gintama.

I haven't seen recent Sentai dubs, but don't they still use a Texas dub pool? I know they did when they first started up.

And Viz does still use Ocean Group occasionally. I forget which one off the top of my head, but one of their recent series is being done by Ocean and not an LA studio.

Need more Gundams, ALL THE GUNDAMS!
Well, all that's left are Victory, SEED, SEED Destiny, 08th MS Team, 00, and AGE as far as traditional Gundam shows are concerned.

Of course, one could also count SD Gundam, Brave Battle Warriors, SD Gundam Force, SEED Club, IGLOO, and Gundam-san, but I highly doubt any of them will be licensed.

Himouto Umaru Chan, GATE, Ushio to Tora, Monster Musume, DanMachi, Amagi Brilliant Park, and Food Wars are getting dubs @the Sentai Filmworks Industry Panel.

Himouto Umaru Chan, GATE, Ushio to Tora, Monster Musume, DanMachi, Amagi Brilliant Park, and Food Wars are getting dubs @the Sentai Filmworks Industry Panel.
I'd like to see monster musume on toonami. It would be funny to see the publics reaction

Quick question for anyone that might know, the HighSchool DxD Season 3 LE from Funi, is it too late for the bonus items they're offering?

As nagpo mentioned.

Sentai Filmworks announced at its Anime Expo panel on Saturday that it will offer English dubs for the following anime:

Ushio & Tora
GATE
Food Wars! Shokugeki no Soma
Himōto! Umaru-chan
Amagi Brilliant Park
Monster Musume
Is It Wrong To Try to Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon?

The company has not yet announced release dates for the titles.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/dai...-english-dub-plans-for-7-anime-titles/.103898

Can't wait for GATE, Dungeon, and Umaru-chan. I'll be getting those first.

Quick question for anyone that might know, the HighSchool DxD Season 3 LE from Funi, is it too late for the bonus items they're offering?
It was limited to the first 500 preorders. I mean for a tissue pack I don't know if it is worth it. You might be able to get in on it though as 500 is a pretty big number.

Well it's happening.

From the Sunrise AX2016 Panel:

They finally announced the Code Geass Bluray is coming soon at Sunrise.
https: //twitter.com /zackreese/status/749393419101872128

credit to Asuras for the heads up.

Well it's happening.

https: //twitter.com /zackreese/status/749393419101872128

credit to Asuras for the heads up.
Wait, is this in reference to a Japanese release or a western release?

I'm happy about being able to buy more Gintama, but sad that I can't get War in the Pocket on BD.
I wonder if they will rerelease the original 49 episodes that sentai already released. Because if so...I gotta sell some sets.

A lot of these recent announcements have no dates on them which is so annoying

A lot of these recent announcements have no dates on them which is so annoying
That's because this was the Sunrise panel. Sunrise does not distribute anime in the US. As the rights holder in the US, FUNimation is the one who has to announce the release date.

It's like asking Titanic Studios instead of HBO when the next season of Game of Thrones will air.

EDIT: Well, that was fast.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=4x8mH9ojJiM

Further Nozomi info. Galaxy Angel will be on Blu-ray as well, all the Gundam stuff EXCEPT 0080 (for some reason) will have a Blu-ray release, and they will be releasing Afterglow of Zeon, apparently as a separate release.
Currently no bluray release of 0080 exists in Japan. Sunrise generally wants to prevent reverse importation.

Well, all that's left are Victory, SEED, SEED Destiny, 08th MS Team, 00, and AGE as far as traditional Gundam shows are concerned.

Of course, one could also count SD Gundam, Brave Battle Warriors, SD Gundam Force, SEED Club, IGLOO, and Gundam-san, but I highly doubt any of them will be licensed.
Personally, I really do hope IGLOO gets a release. I would love to add it to my collection.

You were wrong about Gundam not being relicensed. So there is always a chance of those being picked up, even if their focus is on the main series

Gintama on Blu-ray AND dubbed?! I missed this news on my twitter feed with so much going on AX related. Love this news even though I own the original Sentai releases on DVD.

You were wrong about Gundam not being relicensed. So there is always a chance of those being picked up, even if their focus is on the main series
I didn't say it would never be relicensed, I said it would likely be difficult and expensive, though apparently not as problematic as other Bandai series.

I would absolutely love to be wrong, though. Having Season 1 of SD Gundam Force in less than 9 DVDs would be full of great stuff.

0083 is coming out here about a year after it came on BD in Japan, so whenever it gets put on BD there, expect RS to bring it here about a year or so after that.

Best Buy reminded me that I had an order for Moribito on BD by cancelling it today.  It's too bad they had to notify me, otherwise I'd have completely forgotten about it and then not be disappointed that it wasn't shipped.

bread's done
Back