Anime & Manga Thread Vol. 2: Za Warudo!!!

Now you're making me re-watch that arc to validate whether there really are that many butt shots or not. So far I've only seen the one above.

For Gosick, my memory is that the show is really odd. Lots of random mysteries and some kind of twist at the end. I don't recall if it tied up everything or had a giant hanging thread at the end. I'm not surprised it wasn't picked up before.

Looks like the Fuuka anime may go in a different direction than the manga. I don't recall any of the stuff that happened in the back half of this episode happening in the manga at all. Maybe the mangaka hit the reset button with the anime. That would be hilarious.

Ok, I went and watched the GGO arc again. At first I was like, oh, there's only the one butt shot. Then later there was an obvious crotch shot, then another butt shot, then a pan over her body that was horribly obvious. Typical JP anime BS, so i ignored it....until the last few episodes of the arc where they had no less than 6 butt shots, a couple body pans (both also horrifically obvious) and 1 boob shot. I wish they'd learn to stop diluting the shows they create with this garbage. There's enough T&A in the show w/o resorting to this "lowest common denominator" crap. I wonder if they think this is why SAO is popular? I guess it's good my eyes instinctively ignore this crap when I'm watching my shows now, enjoy them more.

Looks like the Fuuka anime may go in a different direction than the manga. I don't recall any of the stuff that happened in the back half of this episode happening in the manga at all. Maybe the mangaka hit the reset button with the anime. That would be hilarious.
I'm all caught up with the anime but haven't read the manga. Do you think it's going to be different? I guess you can't really say why without spoiling the manga, right?

I'm all caught up with the anime but haven't read the manga. Do you think it's going to be different? I guess you can't really say why without spoiling the manga, right?
Well, it's hard to say honestly. There's a pretty big plot twist that if they ignored would clearly mean they wanted to take the anime in a different direction and end it in however many episodes they intend to use. There was a part missing from this current episode and a lot of the back half didn't happen in the manga. Not complaining btw....there's stuff that happens in the manga that kind of doesn't make sense, part of which they removed here. Why I think the mangaka hit the reboot button and was like yeah...I fucked up.

So Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches manga had ended this week. 

Got the ending I want for manga like these. Not like the shit we got for Nisekoi.

Despite all the stuff that happened beforehand, I am so satisfied with the ending.

1240393095655.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else feel like March Lion just keeps on marching on even though it has some really sucky episodes? A couple episodes are interesting, then it becomes boring, then interesting, then weird. I don't think I'd recommend any watch this show lol. I hope it has a better build up or something. It just kind of plods along.

Also, I think we'll find out in the next couple episodes whether Fuuka is a complete departure from the manga or not. They either just added a little spice to the drama or they are changing the direction entirely. Kind of excited to see what they do since the manga plot had a "lol really, that's kind of dumb" twist.

More blood for the Blood God in Iron Blooded Orphans Episode 45.

Also, I think we'll find out in the next couple episodes whether Fuuka is a complete departure from the manga or not. They either just added a little spice to the drama or they are changing the direction entirely. Kind of excited to see what they do since the manga plot had a "lol really, that's kind of dumb" twist.
I would laugh if there is a retcon.

Anyone else feel like March Lion just keeps on marching on even though it has some really sucky episodes? A couple episodes are interesting, then it becomes boring, then interesting, then weird. I don't think I'd recommend any watch this show lol. I hope it has a better build up or something. It just kind of plods along.

3 Gatsu No Lion is very oddly paced. It jumps around from super serious to light comedy a lot. And it's dealing with some heavy stuff like depresion and family issues. I'm still enjoying it, but I agree there are some very slow moments.

I'll hang onto Fuuka to see if they do this big twist people are talking about. I have an idea of what might happen but I've avoided spoilers as much as I can. But I'm guessing the twist should've already happened.

There's so much for me to catch up on. I want to stay up and watch a few shows but I'm so tired after coming back from vacation.

I have to say I'm impressed with Masamune-kun's Revenge. What seems like a really shallow premise to the show has a surprising amount of seriousness thrown into it. It's well executed. Excited to see each episode every week.

I have to say I'm impressed with Masamune-kun's Revenge. What seems like a really shallow premise to the show has a surprising amount of seriousness thrown into it. It's well executed. Excited to see each episode every week.
I'm a few episodes behind but I'm enjoying this show.

I'm having a hard time keeping up with some shows since I'm watching several high school slice of life anime. Including this I also got Seiren, Fuuka, Scum's Wish and Chihayafuru. They're all blending together a little.

I don't know Scum's Wish, but I think Seiren is a hard pass. The MC is annoying as hell and it's very average in overall plot. I really enjoyed Chihayafuru though! Glad it got picked up for distribution.

Scum's Wish is another high school drama but it's not for kiddies. Lots of sex and everyone is mental.

Seiren might get dropped. I liked the first arc, but this current one is very boring. Wish I could pick up chicks in HS  just sittin' around playing my Gameboy.

Konosuba is still number one guys.

I don't know Scum's Wish, but I think Seiren is a hard pass. The MC is annoying as hell and it's very average in overall plot. I really enjoyed Chihayafuru though! Glad it got picked up for distribution.
All about Amagami. Haruka still the best

Scum's Wish is another high school drama but it's not for kiddies. Lots of sex and everyone is mental.

Seiren might get dropped. I liked the first arc, but this current one is very boring. Wish I could pick up chicks in HS just sittin' around playing my Gameboy.
Totally mental. Dat sensei though.

Seiren leaves a lot to be desired. Amagami was much better. 1st Arc didn't have good ending but the 2nd Arc made up for it with the ending. You could pick up chicks with games. Just have to be like Toru. I liked Tsuneki more than Toru but the ending for her. Ugh.

Konosuba is still number one guys.

All about Amagami. Haruka still the best

Totally mental. Dat sensei though.

Seiren leaves a lot to be desired. Amagami was much better. 1st Arc didn't have good ending but the 2nd Arc made up for it with the ending. You could pick up chicks with games. Just have to be like Toru. I liked Tsuneki more than Toru but the ending for her. Ugh.
Yeah Amagami is better by far. I may add Konosuba if I have time to watch more anime.

So for Gundam: IBO, I feel like this may be one of those Gundams that has a bad ending? I've never seen one that's had a 100% bad ending, but could be a first? Death flags fucking everywhere lol.

So for Gundam: IBO, I feel like this may be one of those Gundams that has a bad ending? I've never seen one that's had a 100% bad ending, but could be a first? Death flags fucking everywhere lol.
It's either going to be a "bad" or a bittersweet ending. We know Kudelia survives cause she was narrating, talking about the "fated day". There is still a chance of a happy ending, but its hard to think of it actually happening.

Mika might die. If he dies, he'll be the first MC to die in a battle.

So what's everyone's favorite shows this season?

For me  I'm enjoying Interviews with Monster Girls, Konosuba & Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid.

I need to catch up with Gundam IBO. I really like the show. Maybe I'll binge that tonight.

For me I'm enjoying Interviews with Monster Girls, Konosuba & Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid.

I need to catch up with Gundam IBO. I really like the show. Maybe I'll binge that tonight.
saga of tanya the evil.

For me I'm enjoying Interviews with Monster Girls, Konosuba & Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid.

This is a really tough question for me. I think I'm like Zulu and have to give the nod to Tanya. I am really enjoying Masamune-kun and Fuuka though.

I saw the first two episodes. Alternative WW2 universe where a Japanese businessmen becomes a magical little girl. Haven't gotten back to it yet.
to be fair I dont think it is great, but it is better than expected and enjoyable...

really I don't think there is any show i consider great this season.

next season is going to be amazing for me though.

to be fair I dont think it is great, but it is better than expected and enjoyable...

really I don't think there is any show i consider great this season.

next season is going to be amazing for me though.
Agreed, this season pretty meh. There's shows I enjoy but nothing I'm too excited over.

Next season's gonna be good. Besides the obvious shows like Attack on Titan & MHA anything else I should look out for?

Agreed, this season pretty meh. There's shows I enjoy but nothing I'm too excited over.

Next season's gonna be good. Besides the obvious shows like Attack on Titan & MHA anything else I should look out for?
i need to do my anime thing with my friends first to actively go through, but clockwork planet should be good if you enjoyed no game no life as it is from the same creator

Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul should be fun if you enjoyed the first series (I need to finish it but I was enjoying what I watched)

Uchouten Kazoku 2 should be solid since the first series was

girls in a dungeon has a spin off series

Kekkai Sensen has a second season

given aniplex is funding it Re:Creators should be a solid original series

Fukumenkei Noise could be fun and has a well rated manga

Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata has a sequel if you liked that

and the following are all light novel adaptions that I will have to look into in more detail as they tend to be my favorite adaptions anymore.

Sakurada Reset

Quan Zhi Gao Shou

Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho

Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka?

Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records

Eromanga-sensei

I haven't looked in them into to much detail, but those are at least the ones on my radar at this moment.

i need to do my anime thing with my friends first to actively go through, but clockwork planet should be good if you enjoyed no game no life as it is from the same creator

Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul should be fun if you enjoyed the first series (I need to finish it but I was enjoying what I watched)

Uchouten Kazoku 2 should be solid since the first series was

girls in a dungeon has a spin off series

Kekkai Sensen has a second season

given aniplex is funding it Re:Creators should be a solid original series

Fukumenkei Noise could be fun and has a well rated manga

Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata has a sequel if you liked that

and the following are all light novel adaptions that I will have to look into in more detail as they tend to be my favorite adaptions anymore.

Sakurada Reset

Quan Zhi Gao Shou

Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho

Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka?

Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records

Eromanga-sensei

I haven't looked in them into to much detail, but those are at least the ones on my radar at this moment.
Thanks for the tips. I'll look into some of those

BTW I'm on neogaf now under Wood Man. I see you on the forum sometimes. So if you see the name it's same me.

There's kind of a scary amount of potential in the next season. We have the heavy hitter AoT along with 7 Deadly Sins S2 (finally?), MHA S2 (or is it another coeur?), Dungeon Girl spin off, Bahamut 2 (I had to make sure this wasn't that shitty Bahamut show that came out), Berserk continuation, Boruto starts up (yay for eternal filler in a new Naruto show!), and a lot of potentially good shows. Of course this is kind of like video game buying back in the day where you can only look at the name and box art.

There's kind of a scary amount of potential in the next season. We have the heavy hitter AoT along with 7 Deadly Sins S2 (finally?), MHA S2 (or is it another coeur?), Dungeon Girl spin off, Bahamut 2 (I had to make sure this wasn't that shitty Bahamut show that came out), Berserk continuation, Boruto starts up (yay for eternal filler in a new Naruto show!), and a lot of potentially good shows. Of course this is kind of like video game buying back in the day where you can only look at the name and box art.
I feel like I keep dragging you down when it comes to seven deadly sins season 2 but.....

seven deadly sins season 2 is not next season.

there is in fact a series called seven deadly sins next season but it's a throw away ecchi show

https://myanimelist.net/anime/33834/Sin__Nanatsu_no_Taizai?q=seven%20deadly%20sins

the second season is likely this fall, but it isn't confirmed for that so it could be summer or winter as well it's just supposed to be 2017.

I feel like I keep dragging you down when it comes to seven deadly sins season 2 but.....

seven deadly sins season 2 is not next season.

there is in fact a series called seven deadly sins next season but it's a throw away ecchi show

https://myanimelist.net/anime/33834/Sin__Nanatsu_no_Taizai?q=seven%20deadly%20sins

the second season is likely this fall, but it isn't confirmed for that so it could be summer or winter as well it's just supposed to be 2017.
OMG....talk about brand dilution. These guys are shameless.

My favorite is Tanya the Evil. Close is Kobayashi's Dragon Maid. For the sequel front, IBO and Konosuba is out there (Konosuba is the Top Anime for me).

I'm really excited for next season. A lot of shows I'm looking forward to. The top 2 I'm looking out for is Renai Bouken and Tsgumomo. Great manga all around but I'm equally hyped for the anime

This last episode of Masamune confused me a little and threw off what I thought was going to happen. Total ? for me plot-wise now, which I like. Going to see the SAO movie tonight. Let's hope it's less fan service and more action/drama then the TV series. I'm hoping we get universal groans over anything obtuse.

I bought 3 tickets online for the SAO Movie tonight as well, for me, my daughter, and my mother - but my daughter is sick, so she won't be able to go. So that may look a little weird for just two senior citizens going to see an anime movie, but at $16 per ticket, oh well... 

Have to say, that SAO movie was surprisingly good. They did an amazing job with it. Only a couple fan service-like parts, but very mild. There was one scene that seemed totally censored though, I wonder if it'll only be on the blu-ray release. Either way, I'm quite happy all I saw was a shampoo bottle. That being said, the audience seemed as overly nerdy as expected. There were a couple of girls nearby that looked like they were having fits throughout the entire movie. Afterwards I swear one girl was hyper-ventilating from excitement. Why I can't go to anime conventions. It's like anime is the reason these people exist, which may explain the smell at those events -_- Anyway, if you liked SAO, I highly recommend the movie! Very cool!

I agree - the SAO movie was better than I was expecting - good enough that I'll buy it whenever Aniplex releases it on Blu-ray, to sit next to the two LE series sets on my media shelf. My mom wasn't diggin' the Boss fights too much, but she made it through it all ok, lol. I know my daughter would have really liked it, too bad she couldn't make it. 

I had read a review where they said the movie could easily be watched and enjoyed by someone who has never seen the two series, but actually they referred back to the series almost continually through the entire movie, so I don't know if I would totally agree with that.

I had read a review where they said the movie could easily be watched and enjoyed by someone who has never seen the two series, but actually they referred back to the series almost continually through the entire movie, so I don't know if I would totally agree with that.
I think that review is wrong. If anything I think it's the reverse. A lot of the impact of that movie is predicated on understanding what happened. They even wasted time giving some flashback narration to remind people (as if they forgot) what happened before. So even if you saw that flashback, it's not going to impart the same amount of impact when certain things start happening. I think this movie shows what the quality can be like when the original author pens the story.

One thing I noticed though, was the visual quality in some scenes were absolutely garbage. I don't know if it is because the theater put us in a non-HD screen or what, but I saw some noticeable quality drops in certain scenes. Kind of keen on getting an HD version so I can see if the quality improves. The TV series had a pretty high quality to it, so hopefully that'll persist in the blu-ray.

Also - the writer of that manga has totally lost his way and has no idea what he's doing. I caught up with it because I was curious and boy...such fail. He's probably just doing it now to make money, maybe the anime will be the real story he wanted to do.

Readers of the Fuuka Manga:

Did the truck actually kill fucka? Gimmies spoilers, at this point I don't care. Was that the big twist everyone was clamoring about? I would've preferred to kill her off since the show is boring already.

Readers of the Fuuka Manga:

Did the truck actually kill fucka? Gimmies spoilers, at this point I don't care. Was that the big twist everyone was clamoring about? I would've preferred to kill her off since the show is boring already.
Fuuka died in the manga, right before the concert. Well, the manga is still boring as shit. There is another Fuuka and there is a chick who looks exactly like Fuuka but with a different name (I think)

I've been watching Konosuba since a few folks have mentioned it was good. That show is pretty damn entertaining. I just got into season 2 and I'm watching the cat play with Wiz's boobs through the entire conversation they are having. You hear the cat making sounds the entire time even if he's not in focus. It's so fucking funny lol! It's not the greatest show or anything, but it's really entertaining. Definitely worth a watch.

The latest episode of Gundam IBO was uh...fascinating?

Basically Mikazuki and Atra had sex in the Gundam since Mikazuki is pretty crippled otherwise. Poor Barbatos? Did they spray him down afterwards with a cleaner? Ew. If you see anything floating around in his next battle, it might not be sweat! Also, I guess if they have the time, they might have a 3-some next? Kind of hilarious really.

The latest episode of Gundam IBO was uh...fascinating?

Basically Mikazuki and Atra had sex in the Gundam since Mikazuki is pretty crippled otherwise. Poor Barbatos? Did they spray him down afterwards with a cleaner? Ew. If you see anything floating around in his next battle, it might not be sweat! Also, I guess if they have the time, they might have a 3-some next? Kind of hilarious really.
That's what they implying. Just like SEED. *cough

It's coming to a close and I still don't see how it can end well

I'm still catching up with Gundam IBO. I'm still 9 or 10 episodes behind. I really like it but the way you guys are talking about the ending scares me.

@starkillr - Glad you like Konosuba. I don't laugh-out-load a lot in anime, but this one has me cracking up a lot. Does Aqua not wear panties or something?

I've been playing a lot of Zelda so tonight I'll dedicate to anime. Catch up with DBZ Super, Interviews with Monster Girls, & Rakugo. And if I can squeeze it in Tiger Mask.

bread's done
Back