Anime & Manga Thread Vol. 2: Za Warudo!!!

I'm still catching up with Gundam IBO. I'm still 9 or 10 episodes behind. I really like it but the way you guys are talking about the ending scares me.

@starkillr - Glad you like Konosuba. I don't laugh-out-load a lot in anime, but this one has me cracking up a lot. Does Aqua not wear panties or something?

I've been playing a lot of Zelda so tonight I'll dedicate to anime. Catch up with DBZ Super, Interviews with Monster Girls, & Rakugo. And if I can squeeze it in Tiger Mask.
Sadly, there is no new DBZ Super this week :( That show has definitely been one of the highlights every week for me. Yeah Aqua isn't wearing any panties. It's kind of like the red haired slave girl in Magi (I forget her name), she also wears no pantsu!

My theory for what comes next in IBO:

McGillis finds a Mobile Armor or two and has it destroy the G-men (their name is too long and stupid) and then tries to do some kind of crazy man coup. Tekkadan has to stop them and most of them dai - then we get some scrub story about what happens afterwards and how the lives of whoever is left is better now. Of the few Gundam I've watched, one had a very bad ending to the first season where people died and shit went wrong. Wouldn't be surprised if this one is bittersweet.

Yay I got my Emilia statue and she is awesome. Only thing that is irritating me are the thin plastic protectors around her. I removed almost all of them except the one under her dress. While I got to look like a complete pervert trying to remove it, there's a ton left that's just impossible to remove without really thin tweezers. Anyone have a good trick for removing this shit? I mean I can probably leave it, but it's lame.

IBO Stuff 

A part of me feels that the Gjallarhorn forces surrounding Tekkadan HQ are secretly McGillis's people who faked their betrayal to join Rustal's Fleet. When Rustal's forces make landfall on Mars, they will strike and surround his forces. 

Also, looks like Eugene found something in the preview. Maybe a mobile armor or another Gundam. LOL.

McGillis looks pretty spiffy with his Seto Kaiba cosplay

So March Lion is done and I can't say I liked it. It had potential, but ultimately it was a really boring slice-of-life with no real direction. Disappointed.

Oh I also re-watched White Album 2 because I wanted a "music" show with romance and I remembered this one wasn't as horrible as White Album 1 where the MC was a complete scum-of-the-earth douche. WA2 is actually quite good, but it kills me we don't get the whole story in that show! Apparently there's another half to it. Would love to see that get continued. No one released a DVD/blu-ray either, which is annoying. School Days (shit show) gets a release and distribution, but not this? Meh.

March Lion, Konosuba & Gundam ended. I'm a sad puppy.

Lucky we're getting another season o March Lion.
You liked March Lion? I guess if the second season actually drives the plot forward to some sort of conclusion or even something interesting that'd be nice. That one just didn't do anything for me. Also, which Gundam ended? IBO hasn't ended yet...

You guys are right. I thought this week was the last for Gundam.

I liked March Lion but it wasn't my favorite show this season. It had pacing issues and if felt all over the place at times. So far the MC hasn't developed much or come ot of his shell. He's still very much a depressed sniveling beta. With that said it has some good moments. But if the first half didn't do anything for you chances are the second will be the same.

You mentioned White Album 2. That's one that's been recommended to me before. I could use a good rom/com now that I'm pretty much caught up. What would you rate it?

You guys are right. I thought this week was the last for Gundam.

I liked March Lion but it wasn't my favorite show this season. It had pacing issues and if felt all over the place at times. So far the MC hasn't developed much or come ot of his shell. He's still very much a depressed sniveling beta. With that said it has some good moments. But if the first half didn't do anything for you chances are the second will be the same.

You mentioned White Album 2. That's one that's been recommended to me before. I could use a good rom/com now that I'm pretty much caught up. What would you rate it?
I would rate it as NOT a rom/com! lol If you want a rom/com, try My Teen Romantic Comedy Snafu. White Album 2 is a bit more serious...

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely complex and Monthly Girls Nozaki kun
Well, I think we've talked about this before, but Skip Beat > all those, but I think he had difficulty getting into it. Nozaki-kun is more com than rom. The rom is very secondary lol. I love Lovely Complex though. Definitely rom/com with good mixes of both.

Your right, I got several epsodes into Skip Beat and didn't really care for it. I didn't like the main character (forgot her name) It had this negative tone of revenge and being spiteful. It just didn't gel with me. 

But I loved Monthly Girls Nozaki Kun. I wish we had more.

Lovely Complex is one I haven't seen. I might need to check it out.

Your right, I got several epsodes into Skip Beat and didn't really care for it. I didn't like the main character (forgot her name) It had this negative tone of revenge and being spiteful. It just didn't gel with me.

But I loved Monthly Girls Nozaki Kun. I wish we had more.

Lovely Complex is one I haven't seen. I might need to check it out.
Lol, yea, Skip Beat does start off w/ the revenge thing, but gets relegated to being more of an undertone. Really the revenge part facilitates most of the comedy in the show since she gets ridiculous about it.

Anyone watching Seiren?

I'm not sure why I stuck with this for 11 episodes. It's so boring. I liked the first few episodes and figured it could return to that. But the show just got worse and worse.  The MC is a boring drone. But there's only one episode left so I might as well just watch it.

Anyone watching Seiren?

I'm not sure why I stuck with this for 11 episodes. It's so boring. I liked the first few episodes and figured it could return to that. But the show just got worse and worse. The MC is a boring drone. But there's only one episode left so I might as well just watch it.
Yeah didn't we all universally pan it a page ago? :) It's pretty below average, but so is this season, so that's probably why you kept watching it.

Yeah didn't we all universally pan it a page ago? :) It's pretty below average, but so is this season, so that's probably why you kept watching it.
Yeah, just not much to watch. Or maybe I like to torture myself by watching crappy anime.

Thinking about giving Lovely Complex and Amagami a try. Something I can binge on to hold me over till next season.

Amagami is the better version of Seiren. I'm kind of eagerly awaiting Detroit Metal City to ship and arrive. That show looks hilarious.

I watched a few episodes of Lovely Complex last night. I like it. It moves really fast compared to the rom/coms I'm used to. Not sure how closely it follows the manga but it seems like they crammed 3 episodes into 1.

I will check out a few episodes of Amagami tonight. Seiren was bad, but I liked the concept of it playing out as a VN with different paths for the MC.

Huh...that was the last episode of Masamune-kun's Revenge? If there isn't a second season....that's a complete clusterfuck of a show lol.

Huh...that was the last episode of Masamune-kun's Revenge? If there isn't a second season....that's a complete clusterfuck of a show lol.
Oh great, I can't wait to watch. Had a feeling this show was going to tank in the end.

EDIT: You weren't kidding. What a waste of a show since it had potential.

Wow, Fuuka the anime fixed the issues of the manga quite nicely. Doubt we'll ever get more unless the author decides he wants to further correct his shitty manga lol. A little bummed that Yuu never got to sing at all. Also the end of the show basically ran through what would've been a second season, so fairly confident we won't see more. Best turn around of a manga done through anime I've ever seen! Above average, especially for this meh season.

Kyoko's Arc in Seiren is by far the best arc so far. 

I hope the eventual 2nd Season with the next 3 heroines keeps it up and have satisfying epilogues. Still salty that Tsuneki's Arc had the worst epilogue ever

Kyoko's Arc in Seiren is by far the best arc so far.

I hope the eventual 2nd Season with the next 3 heroines keeps it up and have satisfying epilogues. Still salty that Tsuneki's Arc had the worst epilogue ever
I second that in all respects lol. Though I don't care about a 2nd season.

All the girls in the OP are supposed to have their own arc. And the creator said there is going to be a season two. :lol:
Guess I'm watching Season 2 then. I think a close pick for best show this season is Interviews with Monster Girls. Consistently good and fun. Tanya the Evil hasn't disappointed yet and still remains top pick, but we'll see, more episodes to come.

Finished up a few anime this season:

Didn't care for Seiren at all. I mildly enjoyed the first arc but the other two were so boring. The ending of Kyoko's arc was sweet but that was the only good thing I took away from it.

Fuuka's anime ending was okay. But it was so forced like everything wrapped up so nicely with a little bow on top. The song that the MC wrote was so uninspired. It was just some typical J-Pop I've heard a million times already.

Interviews with Monster Girls was probably my favorite show this season. I really enjoy these lighthearted slice of life shows.

I'm excited for Spring Anime 2017. A lot more shows for me to watch than Winter 2017.

Most Hyped For:

Renai Boukun (loved the manga)

Tsugumomo (loved the manga)

Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭

Plan on Watching:

Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Kinki Kyouten

sin Nanatsu no Taizai

Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria

Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism

eromanga sensei

CLOCKWORK PLANET

Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka?

I'm excited for Spring Anime 2017. A lot more shows for me to watch than Winter 2017.

Most Hyped For:

Renai Boukun (loved the manga)

Tsugumomo (loved the manga)

Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭

Plan on Watching:

Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Kinki Kyouten

sin Nanatsu no Taizai

Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria

Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism

eromanga sensei

CLOCKWORK PLANET

Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka?
You sir are a prolific manga reader. I don't know most of the ones you listed here. I'm obviously hyped for all the season 2's and other follow on anime we should be seeing in April.

Also for Rodimus, pretty much agree w/ your assessment.

So I started wtaching Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and it's pretty cheesy so far (like, 4 episodes in), but I just LOL'd hard when this guy basically introduced himself as REO speedwagon. WTF! LOL! Hilarious. Is this show all about 80's music and references?

Yep, as is Dio and many other names I can't remember whether or not they have appeared by episode 4.  Hirohiko Araki makes a lot of references to classic rock bands and songs.

So I started wtaching Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and it's pretty cheesy so far (like, 4 episodes in), but I just LOL'd hard when this guy basically introduced himself as REO speedwagon. WTF! LOL! Hilarious. Is this show all about 80's music and references?
Get ready because it is littered with references to music. Not only character names but special moves and later on stands. Mainly 80's early 90's rock & pop. Some more discreet than others.

Phantom Blood is cheesy, but fun. Keep in mind this was written back in the 80's. Battle Tendency is where the real fun starts. Just insane fight after insane fight.

I envy you. Wish I could go back and watch JoJo for the first time all over again.

Get ready because it is littered with references to music. Not only character names but special moves and later on stands. Mainly 80's early 90's rock & pop. Some more discreet than others.

Phantom Blood is cheesy, but fun. Keep in mind this was written back in the 80's. Battle Tendency is where the real fun starts. Just insane fight after insane fight.

I envy you. Wish I could go back and watch JoJo for the first time all over again.
Yeah, so far the cheese factor is hampering my enjoyment. I just lol'd because of the obvious reference. I'm probably most familiar with 80's/90's music, so I'll probably pick up on most of the references.

Things are going to get nasty in the next Gundam IBO.

When Mukazuki finds out Orga is dead, he's gonna go ape shit. Are we finally going to see some emotion? And the image of Mikazuki having a baby with Atra is weird. She's 16 but looks younger.  Plus I imagine him just lying there like a log while Atra goes cowgirl on him. Just, kinda disturbing... Sorry for being graphic.

So Kudelia & Atra are the same age of 16. I'm guessing Mikazuki is too. It makes his mini harem less weird I guess.

When Mukazuki finds out Orga is dead, he's gonna go ape shit. Are we finally going to see some emotion? And the image of Mikazuki having a baby with Atra is weird. She's 16 but looks younger. Plus I imagine him just lying there like a log while Atra goes cowgirl on him. Just, kinda disturbing... Sorry for being graphic.

So Kudelia & Atra are the same age of 16. I'm guessing Mikazuki is too. It makes his mini harem less weird I guess.
Really they are? One is like, 3 feet tall, the other is like, normal height and looks like she's 25. Bizarre. You're still one episode behind I think :)

Really they are? One is like, 3 feet tall, the other is like, normal height and looks like she's 25. Bizarre. You're still one episode behind I think :)
I'm watching it off CR and they're a week behind.

I checked online and saw Atra was age 16. I'm pretty sure Mikazuki is 16, and Kudelia did mention she wanted to travel with people her age, so I'm guessing she's 17 years old tops.

Speaking of Gundam on CR they have been getting a lot of Gundam shows like Build Fighters, Wing & most recently G Gundam. I watched some G Gundam off Toonami long ago. Never watched it episode to episode. Looks like it might be time to binge that.

When Mukazuki finds out Orga is dead, he's gonna go ape shit. Are we finally going to see some emotion? And the image of Mikazuki having a baby with Atra is weird. She's 16 but looks younger. Plus I imagine him just lying there like a log while Atra goes cowgirl on him. Just, kinda disturbing... Sorry for being graphic.

Didn't really happen like. I honestly thought that would be it too. But Mika pretty much
gave a speech to rally the remaining members of Tekkadan and him saying that Orga's orders still stand.

I'm watching it off CR and they're a week behind.

I checked online and saw Atra was age 16. I'm pretty sure Mikazuki is 16, and Kudelia did mention she wanted to travel with people her age, so I'm guessing she's 17 years old tops.

Speaking of Gundam on CR they have been getting a lot of Gundam shows like Build Fighters, Wing & most recently G Gundam. I watched some G Gundam off Toonami long ago. Never watched it episode to episode. Looks like it might be time to binge that.
You won't be disappointed if you watch G Gundam. It is basically Dragon Ball Gundam. Build Fighters is a wonderful show to watch.

Atra is 16. Mika is presumably 16. And Kudelia is either 16 or 17. It's hard to tell with her due to her choice of clothes. That and she's very mature for her age. Owning a business and a diplomat and stuff. Atra and Mika are small likely due to malnutrition in their youth.

Didn't really happen like. I honestly thought that would be it too. But Mika pretty much
gave a speech to rally the remaining members of Tekkadan and him saying that Orga's orders still stand.

You won't be disappointed if you watch G Gundam. It is basically Dragon Ball Gundam. Build Fighters is a wonderful show to watch.

Atra is 16. Mika is presumably 16. And Kudelia is either 16 or 17. It's hard to tell with her due to her choice of clothes. That and she's very mature for her age. Owning a business and a diplomat and stuff. Atra and Mika are small likely due to malnutrition in their youth.
I loved both Build Fighters & Try. A fun Gundam show that focused on the action while the story took a side seat. Domon's cameo in Try as Sekai's master made me want to watch G Gundam from start to finish.

Welp, IBO ended. My prediction was mostly right about how it would end, minus the theatrics I was hoping for. Overall I'm still not sure how I would rate this....7/8 maybe out of 10, with a lean towards 7. I like how Atra suddenly had a growth spurt there at the end, it really does make me think she is a lot younger than 16. Most people don't grow much more beyond 16 (except sideways). Solid show I would recommend.

Anyone start watching AoT S2? I like how the first episode re-affirmed how absolutely gruesome and heartless the show is lol. I'm sure this will be another drama packed season. Let's just hope it doesn't take them as long to churn out the next series of episodes after this ends.

Welp, IBO ended. My prediction was mostly right about how it would end, minus the theatrics I was hoping for. Overall I'm still not sure how I would rate this....7/8 maybe out of 10, with a lean towards 7. I like how Atra suddenly had a growth spurt there at the end, it really does make me think she is a lot younger than 16. Most people don't grow much more beyond 16 (except sideways). Solid show I would recommend.
The ending was okay. I expected it sorta end like that. Kinda peeved that Rustal got off scot free. Ride redeemed himself after being so useless the entire time. All in all, Season 2 could've gone better.

I'm assuming 5 - 7 years had passed in this time skip since Akatsuki looks to be around that age. Atra looks nice in her twenties. Kudelia pretty much looks the same.

Biggest bittersweet ending ever.

I look forward to the next full season of Gundam.

bread's done
Back