Anime & Manga Thread Vol. 2: Za Warudo!!!

I decided to watch the REZero Directors Cut since I forgot so much about the story. So on my break at work I watched the first episode. I really do need to re-watch since I realized I forgot more than I thought. So I'll truck away an episode a night then get into the new stuff. I really did enjoy this show.
Yeah I did that when they were airing the director's cut. I have to admit, I did not notice any obvious differences between this and the original version...it's not like the extended edition of the Lord of the Rings!

Maaaaaaaaaan.........ya'll need to catch up on RE: Zero. My suspicions are getting confirmed more and more I feel like. The ending to this last episode....oof.

Maaaaaaaaaan.........ya'll need to catch up on RE: Zero. My suspicions are getting confirmed more and more I feel like. The ending to this last episode....oof.
I'm 2 episodes behind. Going to catch up tonight. I'm really glad a rewatched ReZero. I think I would've been lost.

Also I think I'll re watched SNAFU. It's been so long I really don't remember too much about it. Other than angst teens creating a club.

I'm 2 episodes behind. Going to catch up tonight. I'm really glad a rewatched ReZero. I think I would've been lost.

Also I think I'll re watched SNAFU. It's been so long I really don't remember too much about it. Other than angst teens creating a club.
Yeah, SNAFU also requires a re-watch. It's been so long that I had to remember wtf was going on. I caught on pretty quickly though. I feel like these types of shows really suffer from getting their denouement so long after the initial seasons.

Good lord..........I guess I gotta put this into spoiler tags for RE: Zero.

More strong hints of Roswaal being a shit bag. He's the most likely suspect in why Elsa showed up. No one else would know Subaru's schedule that well. He's clearly part of a Witch Cult, the question is whether it's Satella's or Echidna's. My best guess at this point is that he wants the barrier down because it prevents Emilia from leaving. He wants Emilia to be taken over by Echidna so she can leave and resurrect. Subaru also fulfills this requirement given his co-habitation or whatever the fuck is going on with him and Satella. Roswaal doesn't really know this and wants Subaru dead along with Frederica and Beatrice. All of whom would stop him from converting Emilia into Echidna. Ram doesn't matter much to him either way, she's just his tool. There's still a chance he's on the Satella side though. Seems like the dragon is holding her soul captive/sealed and he wants it dead too? Well, I guess I'll look back later and see how accurate I was :D

Well dayum. This last episode of RE: Zero confirmed/answered many things about my previous theories and a suspicion I had. Spoiler time!

So clearly, Emilia is the Witch of Envy's body. Her witch soul or whatever that shit is got separated from her body and sealed away somewhere/somehow. Her body was sealed away too until she broke free somehow. When Subaru wasn't there to comfort her after the trial, she was taken over by the Witch of Envy. She *WAS* trying to wake up Subaru from the witch's tea party and when she couldn't, boom. You can tell from the flower in her hair and slight peeks at the outfit covered by the shadow that that IS Emilia. Also the voice. That will probably come to light at some point this season I imagine, maybe even next episode. We have also confirmed that Roswaal is either part of the Witch's Cult or he holds the true book of wisdom he mentioned previously. Either way, he knows a lot more than he's letting on.The fact that Emilia's possession by Satella was considered a "mistake" by him, gives me pause though. Any Witch's Cult follower would be thrilled that Satella is back. Petelgeuse basically said this was all a trial to see if she was worthy of being possessed. What's the clown's angle?? We know the dragon is involved in sealing Satella, so killing him would release her. However it seems like she got released anyways this way? Hmmmmmmm! Perhaps they want her back in a particular way? Also, Echidna is going to fuck him over at some point. Can't be a Witch and not be a bitch! Anyways, I love this episode! Was starting to lose a bit of faith with some of the last couple.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well dayum. This last episode of RE: Zero confirmed/answered many things about my previous theories and a suspicion I had. Spoiler time!

So clearly, Emilia is the Witch of Envy's body. Her witch soul or whatever that shit is got separated from her body and sealed away somewhere/somehow. Her body was sealed away too until she broke free somehow. When Subaru wasn't there to comfort her after the trial, she was taken over by the Witch of Envy. She *WAS* trying to wake up Subaru from the witch's tea party and when she couldn't, boom. You can tell from the flower in her hair and slight peeks at the outfit covered by the shadow that that IS Emilia. Also the voice. That will probably come to light at some point this season I imagine, maybe even next episode. We have also confirmed that Roswaal is either part of the Witch's Cult or he holds the true book of wisdom he mentioned previously. Either way, he knows a lot more than he's letting on.The fact that Emilia's possession by Satella was considered a "mistake" by him, gives me pause though. Any Witch's Cult follower would be thrilled that Satella is back. Petelgeuse basically said this was all a trial to see if she was worthy of being possessed. What's the clown's angle?? We know the dragon is involved in sealing Satella, so killing him would release her. However it seems like she got released anyways this way? Hmmmmmmm! Perhaps they want her back in a particular way? Also, Echidna is going to fuck him over at some point. Can't be a Witch and not be a bitch! Anyways, I love this episode! Was starting to lose a bit of faith with some of the last couple.
Not going to look at that spoiler yet. I have 2 episodes and I'll probably watch tonight. So I'll get back to you.

This has been an interesting ride.

We have also confirmed that Roswaal is either part of the Witch's Cult or he holds the true book of wisdom he mentioned previously.
I don't think Roswall's book is a gospel either. It's obviously tied to whatever book Beatrice has, and he said that's not a gospel. I guess it could be Satella's gospel, which updates since Subaru's retries are granted by Satella, which would explain why Petelgeuse's didn't have the right info after the first loop.

I don't think Roswall's book is a gospel either. It's obviously tied to whatever book Beatrice has, and he said that's not a gospel. I guess it could be Satella's gospel, which updates since Subaru's retries are granted by Satella, which would explain why Petelgeuse's didn't have the right info after the first loop.
Would also explain some of his comments previously in the show.
He warns Ram to make sure her sister doesn't go berserk after a few iterations at the mansion I believe. I feel like that was probably inspired by whatever was in his book. I am thinking his "injuries" may be faked at this point to push Subaru and Emilia into the trial. Garfiel was pretty spot on in the...last episode? where he mentions that Roswaal doesn't care about Ram or anyone else. 100% agreed! Pretty sure he only cares about his own agenda.

Oh man I can't wait for the next episode of RE: Zero. Answers baby, answers. I'm expecting some. Loved this episode though!

Also....

This episode solidified one of my theories I think. Roswaal is an Archbishop of Greed and serves Echidna. The dragon must keep ALL the witches souls bound, not just the Witch of Envy. So he wants two things: 1) To free her soul and 2) Have Echidna take over Emilia and Echidna will use the same magic that the Witch of Envy used on Subaru on herself to make herself immortal. Then she wouldn't care what the Witch of Envy did because she can't die. She can also go back and choose to change things to favor her agenda. All the Ryuzu experiment discussions hint that that's where all these machinations are headed. She wants Emilia to drink that tea and make her compatible. Ooooh boy. What a long-con. Seems like Echidna is the true villain of the story...Oh also, those Monty Python rabbits of death and doom? I'm fairly confident they are attracted to Ryuzu and her clones. I expect that to be part 2 of dealing with this whole Sanctuary thing. 

Also....

This episode solidified one of my theories I think. Roswaal is an Archbishop of Greed and serves Echidna. The dragon must keep ALL the witches souls bound, not just the Witch of Envy. So he wants two things: 1) To free her soul and 2) Have Echidna take over Emilia and Echidna will use the same magic that the Witch of Envy used on Subaru on herself to make herself immortal. Then she wouldn't care what the Witch of Envy did because she can't die. She can also go back and choose to change things to favor her agenda. All the Ryuzu experiment discussions hint that that's where all these machinations are headed. She wants Emilia to drink that tea and make her compatible. Ooooh boy. What a long-con. Seems like Echidna is the true villain of the story...Oh also, those Monty Python rabbits of death and doom? I'm fairly confident they are attracted to Ryuzu and her clones. I expect that to be part 2 of dealing with this whole Sanctuary thing.
This one left me more confused, since I guess it left out stuff from the novels.

I'm not convinced Echidna is the evil one, especially since the other witches are also on friendly terms with her. As for the Ryuzu experiments, it just seems like a lot of witches made stuff for the hell of it. Like Gluttony with the White Whale and Vorpal Bunnies. I thought they might be connected, like the clones are the bunnies, and they eat to make more Ryuzu clones, but that totally doesn't make sense if you believe why Gluttony made the bunnies. I also didn't go back to look, but Satella looked like she has a black flower in bloom where Emilia's white flower bud is.

This one left me more confused, since I guess it left out stuff from the novels.

I'm not convinced Echidna is the evil one, especially since the other witches are also on friendly terms with her. As for the Ryuzu experiments, it just seems like a lot of witches made stuff for the hell of it. Like Gluttony with the White Whale and Vorpal Bunnies. I thought they might be connected, like the clones are the bunnies, and they eat to make more Ryuzu clones, but that totally doesn't make sense if you believe why Gluttony made the bunnies. I also didn't go back to look, but Satella looked like she has a black flower in bloom where Emilia's white flower bud is.
I don't think Subaru would've promised to save Satella after stabbing himself at the beginning when he was surrounded by shadow. That was Emilia. He was also scared of her afterwards when he restarted. As for the other witches, it could just be that Echidna is the most powerful of them and has control over the construct. Those witches are weird as hell. It's hard to say if logic applies to all of them. Greed seems the most straightforward. I think we'll get a nice lore dump next episode that will answer a good chunk of questions/theories.

Oh dear god that episode gave me chills. RE: Zero = win. A lot of theories crystallized as truth. I'm really curious as to how this show goes forward. I'm not even sure how he solves this. Good times!

<== theories are fairly on point. This show is great. Rodimus, have you caught up yet on RE: Zero?
Yes, but I haven't seen the latest episode that dropped today.

It's been great but I fell like this Sanctuary arc is dragging a bit. Subaru has been get his shit kicked in the dirt every other episode. I tough to watch. What's your take on Roswaal and his plans?

Check my spoiler stuff in earlier posts. I'm pretty much spot on there. I'll consolidate it here though. I'll try to avoid spoilers from the latest episode.

Roswaal clearly made some sort of deal with Echidna. He has her book and uses it to guide him along to his end goal. The suggestion is that he loves Echidna or at least wants to help her out. Killing the dragon would unseal her soul from its prison. That's my current theory around his motivations. I said earlier that he didn't give a shit about Rem and that he had the predictive book, turned out to be all true! The episode after this one.....oh boy. Can't wait...this show is so good.

Check my spoiler stuff in earlier posts. I'm pretty much spot on there. I'll consolidate it here though. I'll try to avoid spoilers from the latest episode.

Roswaal clearly made some sort of deal with Echidna. He has her book and uses it to guide him along to his end goal. The suggestion is that he loves Echidna or at least wants to help her out. Killing the dragon would unseal her soul from its prison. That's my current theory around his motivations. I said earlier that he didn't give a shit about Rem and that he had the predictive book, turned out to be all true! The episode after this one.....oh boy. Can't wait...this show is so good.
I figured as much too.

Also it seems Roswaal knows Subaru can return from death, or at least suspects it. It'd make sense if he's in league with Echillada.

Well, this episode pretty much proved my theories 100% correct. Holy crap, sometimes logic works for Japanese storylines. Also, what a shit end to that episode for a lead in to the 2nd cour. The first half was really unexpected though. Do we know if that's still coming in January or if it got delayed? 

I got through a bunch of Summer shows that ended recently

Sword Art Online: The Alice One - It was pretty much what I expected it to be. It was fine and enjoyable but the Raft stuff was boring, During those parts I found myself playing on my phone. I'll continue to watch cyber space Jesus Kirito if it returns.

SNAFU Climax - I had to re-watch the entire show months ago to prepare me for this. I forgot a lot about it. A bit too much drama on bullshit like a school prom. But that's kinda why I watch these shows, it takes me away from the stress of real life to watch teenagers deal with non-issues. In the end best girl wins IMO.

The Misfit Demon-lord Show - Yeah, not much to say about this. At no point in this show was the MC ever met with any kind of a challenge. Dude just breezed through everything (at one point literally defeating a major rival with a freakin' stick) while collecting trophies for his harem. Even threw one more in there at the very last second.

Fruits Baskets S2 - I watched the original anime but never read the manga. From what I understand this was a more faithful adaptation. If or when we get a season 3 I'll watch. Tohru can be charming but a little annoying. The gender reveal at the end was so damn obvious from the start. But rooster boy's secret I didn't see coming. That was a nice surprise.

Rent a Girlfriend - This was probably my favorite new anime this season (despite being garbage) At this point we all know where this show is going, but I'm interested to see how we get there. Looking forward to more rom/com garbage. 

God of Highschool - First let me say I love tournament style anime. I didn't gave a damn about the story and most of the characters, but you throw me some fun fights with good animation and you get a pass. Fun but shallow show.

And is the new Re:Zero the season finale? If so that'll be the next one to go.
Not the finale for the season, just the half-season. We'll get another 13 episodes later. Currently I'm seeing Jan 2021, which isn't a horrible wait. SAO had large swaths of disappointing in this latest arc. We had Kirito whip out the Genki-dama Sword, Asuna suddenly becoming useless, and stuff dragging on that made no sense so they could inject the movie into it. After the nonsense, it had an episode or two of something good, but honestly the majority of this arc was trash. I pretty much agree with you on everything else. GoH had great fights but was soooooo shallow and dumb.

Why did it take me so long to find Kengan Ashura? I watched 10 episodes last night and I'm probably going watch 10 more tonight. 

Again, I love tourney style anime stuff. This has been like crack for me.

I started the Fall season watching 1st episodes of several shows. Here's my dumb, uneducated breakdown.

Noblesse - I didn't really get this one. Unless I missed something I'm guessing they'll explain more of what the hell is going on later. The first episode I had a big question mark over my head.  It was okay. Kinda weird they hired a dude for security while he can't really do his job because he needs to lay low. Whatever. Have a feeling this isn't going to make a lick of sense.

Dragon Quest: Dai Dai's Bizarre Adventure - This was fun. I'm a mild fan of the series so seeing all the monsters was cool. I think my daughter will enjoy this so this will be a daddy daughter show. Shame we couldn't get the DQ fanfare theme song. 

Jujutsu Kaisen - This seems to be the new high production project of the season. Wonderful animation. It started off really good so I'm game. WTF is up with the Panda in the intro? Cant wait to see what that's about.

I'm Standing on a Million Lives - Garbage isekai of the season. Love it.

Tonikawa - Garbage rom/com of the season. Love it

For Noblesse, there's an OVA you have to watch before episode 1. Otherwise yeah, it's very confusing. I dunno why that wasn't just made a part of the season by CR.

Not too long ago I was searching for random vampire pics on google images and stumbled on a cool looking vampire character. Turns out it was from a show called Seraph of the End: Vampire Reign, and wouldn't you know it, as soon as my interest was piqued I got spoiled by a random user from google search results.

That didn't stop me from trying out the first episode though. All I'll say is give the first episode a shot if you haven't seen it already.

Edit: First off, no worries about spoilers. I take those seriously, so there's none here.

I finished the series fast, about one week for 24 episodes. And I've never felt so good about finishing a show, (especially anime) ever. I couldn't sleep the night I finished binging the last 11 episodes because I was beaming lol. I thought it was a damn good, albeit short-lived series. I didn't know going into it that the anime was cancelled, (or they just stopped making episodes for it for some other reason, maybe) but I was satisfied with knowing the Manga continues the story we didn't get to see finished. Originally I was disappointed that there's no more to watch, but too many shows can overstay their welcome, so I'm happy with it for now. The last part isn't jarring to end the series, and as long as you go into watching it knowing it's an Anime from 2015 that may or may not've been finished (I'm not 100% sure of this myself), you should have a pretty good time with it.

Enjoying Afro Samurai so far. First episode was pretty cool, I like the soundtrack.

Edit: Also got hooked on Spy X Family, got off to a cool start but so far my interest is starting to wane because of how slow it's getting. I appreciate story-building and all, but I think it should have more action. Only on episode 4 of Attack on Titan S1, and that's where I've been at for almost a month now lol. Other than that, I might give Mob Psycho a chance since I saw a pretty cool looking fight scene on YT. It looks pretty good.

I think I'm starting to make a decent backlog of anime now. Not good!

Anyone have a recommendation for anime that has a good ending that wraps everything up nicely? I used to like dark endings, and didn't mind when shows were left unfinished but now I like to binge shows like I just described.

Anime I've finished:
Mob Psycho 100 (Liked it)
Attack on Titan (Liked it, ended up F-ing hating it)
Seraph of the End (Liked it, the anomaly on this list)
Code Geass (Loved it, purposely stopped at episode 50 though)
Death Note (Meh, seen it too much)
Dragon Ball Z & Dragon Ball Super (Like both)
Spy X Family Season 1 (Hit and miss)

Anime Backlog:
Mushi-shi (A bit slow so far, seen 3 episodes)
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans (Seen maybe 15-ish episodes)

I've also been recommended these two in the past:
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Tokyo Ghoul

Thanks for your suggestions, I think I'll go chronologically with them after I finish Mushi-shi.
This turned out to be a load of BS if I'm honest lol.

But I did finish Iron Blooded Orphans, whovever recommended that to me on CAG, thanks! I did enjoy it. But not as much as Yu Yu Hakusho, that shit was friggin' awesome. I also finished the first series of Tokyo Ghoul, and I gotta say that it was pretty great too. I could not for the life of me enjoy the first episode of the second Tokyo Ghoul series, really off-putting to me so I didn't bother with it.

Other than those updates, the last AoT Final whatever Part 1 that aired on CrunchyRoll made me love the show again. Not getting into any spoilers, but I don't like Eren Yeager at all haha. Oh, two last things since this is also a Manga thread: I'm following Seraph of the End's manga pretty closely, and aside from some dark themes that it goes through, it's overall been keeping me entertained every volume. And I still have to finish another Manga I bought, which is the one-shot Death Note sequel. Heard good stuff about it, but it's kinda meh halfway through so far for me personally.

Dammit, how can I forget another anime I started? Hells Paradise. That. Shit. Rocks!

This thread still alive?!?

Ah what the hell.... here's a few im watching:

My Tiny Senpai

Mushoku Isekai

Girl I Like Forgot her Glasses

Zom 100

Only one I'm thinking about dropping is Mushoku Isekai. The MC is getting more disturbing each episode. Last one might have been the last straw.

Started up a few more:

• Persona 4 Golden The Animation (Yup)
  • Persona The Animation (Yup)
  • Vinland Saga (Pretty awesome, I'm within the first half of Season 1)
  • Stand Alone Complex: Ghost in the Shell (Sooo F'ing cool so far)
  • SK8 The Infinity (So far, the dub is pretty good/funny)
  • X&Y

And I'm enjoying all of them so far. I have finished both P4 shows, but I haven't seen them in so long that it's like completely new to me. Christ I'm feeling old for forgetting them now lol. Also the oddball out of these is the X&Y show. I mean, it looked cool because I was interested in watching a "Thriller" anime for once, but one of the voice actors in episode one sounds really odd. And I had no clue that one was a Chinese anime, (didn't even know that was a thing) so it's a shame I found one I couldn't sit through. Was pumped to try it out yet let down as you can clearly tell lol.

Anyone else want to share what they've been watching? I'm interested in everyone's opinions on any kind of anime or manga. It also helps me scout out whats what.

I have since finished Vinland Saga, which was very good. Jujutsu Kaisen too, another great one. Hoping for at least another season for both of these. I finished AoT a while ago and couldn't follow the story (Penguin0's video on it helped me understand it). Dropped Spy x Family because there was not enough action (I haven't seen the newest season of it) and started up Metallic Rouge's 1st episode. I'll have to watch more of this one to see if I like it at all.

Remini is an app that uses artificial intelligence to enhance and restore the quality of old, blurry, or low-resolution photos. It's primarily designed to improve the clarity, sharpness, and overall visual quality of images. The Remini APK likely refers to the installation file for the Android version of the Remini app. APK stands for Android Package Kit, which is the file format used to distribute and install applications on Android devices. So, Remini APK would be the file you download and install to use the Remini app on an Android smartphone or tablet.
But who asked?

I'm sad these topics have ground to a halt in recent months. I'm not an anime person, but I have watched a bunch in my time. My favorite Anime movie is probably Castle in the Sky, which is ironically the one I see Ghibli fans usually rank fairly low. Great art, animation, music, and pacing, and I actually understood the message at the end!

artworks-000246996531-afdk9u-t500x500.jpg

I do plan to watch the rest of the Studio Ghibli films at some point. It's great that they're one of the more mainstream anime productions, so each movie is usually dubbed and released on DVD, Bluray, etc

bread's done
Back