Anime & Manga Thread Vol. 2: Za Warudo!!!

I'm catching up on bleach and it is disappointing. The characters are breaking the 3rd/4th walls, random Spanish and German sounding names for moves/weapons (way too many and it is inconsistent). Characters are acting nothing like they did in the original story arc. The very things that would have been punishable by death in the first arcs are now acceptable. Quncies, arancars, and soul reapers are on the same team. Some how the show has gotten more childlike, yet more bloody than it was in the beginning. When they show flashbacks of the first time Ichigo and the crew went to the soul society, I remember how good the show started off (even the art was better).

Yeah, I wanted more too.

Almost done with Princess Jellyfish and I have the feeling it'll end with me wanting more as well.
Certainly did for us. Wife dug into the manga a bit afterwards, but despite giving more content, I think it still left her wanting more.

I just spent about five minutes looking for a GIF of a particularly great nosebleed from that show, but no dice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty much caught up or finished my anime so I'm going to venture out check some new things out.

I've been hearing good things about Arslan. Also just learned Baka & Test exists. It sounds fun so I'll give the first episode a shot.

Also, Nozomi has a bunch of their titles on YouTube. Utena (dub/sub), Nadesico (dub is complete, sub ongoing), Yakitake Japan, Cat's Eye, the various Dirty Pair stuff, etc. Quite a nice collection.

I'm pretty much caught up or finished my anime so I'm going to venture out check some new things out.

I've been hearing good things about Arslan. Also just learned Baka & Test exists. It sounds fun so I'll give the first episode a shot.
you should watch yamada kun and the seven witches. you will love it. it has the romantice theme you like. LOL

ok, I've been listening to the bleach soundtrack and I love the musical cues...so many memories. I forgive you for the filler bleach. I'm sorry for getting mad at you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCSVDzs3N8U

This woman is a great singer. I wish I could find more of her work. It looks like she mostly sings backup.

ok, I've been listening to the bleach soundtrack and I love the musical cues...so many memories. I forgive you for the filler bleach. I'm sorry for getting mad at you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCSVDzs3N8U

This woman is a great singer. I wish I could find more of her work. It looks like she mostly sings backup.
Bleach OST 1 was awesome! I only watched the show for 40 or so episodes so I never got to hear much of the other soundtracks.

I enjoyed Yamada 7 Witches. Thanks for the recommendation. Kinda reminds me of Inou Battle. Just stupid silly high school anime fun. And a lot of kissing.

I'm really enjoying My Love Story (Ore Monogatari) I love seeing a relation actually progress rather remaining in some stale state of misunderstandings. Episodes 6 and they're already holding hands. 

Watched the first episode of Spice and Wolf. It was okay but didn't grab me. Should I stick with it?

Tried watching Baka & Test. Not my thing. Way to silly and just not funny.

My daughter started watching Chi's Sweet Home. She loves it. Really cute anime for kids. Each episode is like 4 minutes long so if you watch it for 30 minutes you hear the theme song 4 or 5 times. That shit gets stuck in your head.

I enjoyed Yamada 7 Witches. Thanks for the recommendation. Kinda reminds me of Inou Battle. Just stupid silly high school anime fun. And a lot of kissing.

I'm really enjoying My Love Story (Ore Monogatari) I love seeing a relation actually progress rather remaining in some stale state of misunderstandings. Episodes 6 and they're already holding hands.

Watched the first episode of Spice and Wolf. It was okay but didn't grab me. Should I stick with it?

Tried watching Baka & Test. Not my thing. Way to silly and just not funny.

My daughter started watching Chi's Sweet Home. She loves it. Really cute anime for kids. Each episode is like 4 minutes long so if you watch it for 30 minutes you hear the theme song 4 or 5 times. That shit gets stuck in your head.
if you also like inou battle, i would recommend watching ETOTAMA and rekan

yamada 7 witches, has a bit ecchi elements, and there is reason for the kissing tho.

I finished Yamada's First Time a few days ago.  I liked it a lot, despite feeling a little weird watching an anime about high schoolers trying to get their first time going.  It was cute, adorable, and hilarious, and just raunchy enough, without going overboard, and I liked the dub

I finished Yamada's First Time a few days ago. I liked it a lot, despite feeling a little weird watching an anime about high schoolers trying to get their first time going. It was cute, adorable, and hilarious, and just raunchy enough, without going overboard, and I liked the dub
I've been watching this too. I'm about half way through. I like it. Yamada's aspiration to become the biggest slut in high school history is weird. But it's anime and that's what makes if funny. And yep, the dub isn't bad.

Any dub containing Cherami Leigh is never bad, and when she's allowed to go off script, it makes it funnier.

I finished Yamada's First Time a few days ago. I liked it a lot, despite feeling a little weird watching an anime about high schoolers trying to get their first time going. It was cute, adorable, and hilarious, and just raunchy enough, without going overboard, and I liked the dub
I came home from work one evening to find my wife watching this. We're both huge fans. I thought the localization and dubbing were both top-notch. Some of the most enjoyable I've seen in a while.

Also, dude's little Eros spirit is the funniest thing ever.

I came home from work one evening to find my wife watching this. We're both huge fans. I thought the localization and dubbing were both top-notch. Some of the most enjoyable I've seen in a while.

Also, dude's little Eros spirit is the funniest thing ever.
Have you seen Unbreakable Machine Doll, I watched the first episode, and it seems like I'm going to like it a lot. My only issue is the way the female lead pronounces the male leads name. Other than that it seems like a good dub. I really need to make my way back to Moviestop to get that copy they were selling for $25

Have you seen Unbreakable Machine Doll, I watched the first episode, and it seems like I'm going to like it a lot. My only issue is the way the female lead pronounces the male leads name. Other than that it seems like a good dub. I really need to make my way back to Moviestop to get that copy they were selling for $25
i didn't watch the dubbed version, but i enjoyed it.

The biggest problem with Yamada is the extremely short length. There is plenty of material for a few more seasons, but I guess it wasn't popular enough.

went to Fanime for the first time today. it was fun,exhausting but fun..i bought this

lZ76bzh.jpg

Awww yeah. Both Kuroko and JoJo are getting fired up. A part of me wants to wait for the entire season to finish then binge the last several episodes. But then again I just can't wait.

Been watching Yona of the Dawn on FUNi's YouTube channel and it's been pretty damn good so far. Dub is a different story though...

Been watching Yona of the Dawn on FUNi's YouTube channel and it's been pretty damn good so far. Dub is a different story though...
I didn't watch the dub either, in fact I never even heard it. Was it that bad? The show was so good I just couldn't wait for the dub. This story needs closure so I pray we get more seasons. And damn, I love both the intros.

Heroic Legend of Arslan is a very VERY similar show. Or maybe I should say Yona is similar to Arslan. After Yona maybe give it a shot. It's been pretty darn good.

Also watched the two Berserk movies. I liked them. The switching between 3D to 2D is jarring. Anyways it's been a while since I saw the original anime so this was a nice refresher.

I didn't watch the dub either, in fact I never even heard it. Was it that bad? The show was so good I just couldn't wait for the dub. This story needs closure so I pray we get more seasons. And damn, I love both the intros.
The performances aren't bad, as they're typical FUNi quality, but the casting is questionable, with Hak being played by Chris Saba (using a variation of his Zoro voice) and Monica Rial as Yona.

Watching Kill La Kill and Sword Art Online Season 2 as they are airing on Toonami.   I can't tell which show is worse.

Neon nippled men vs. a crossdresser (who at one point flirts with other male players).  

A show with no deaths vs. A show with no swords (some episodes even have "gun" in the title).  

Scissoring vs. Finger Banging.

A guy who is constantly touching himself during battle and gives up  because he's "learned enough" vs. a pervy nurse with an underaged boy (and who knows what else with that hospital). Does Aniplex enjoy shows that involve perverts? 

It's like Pick Your Poison.    And I had such high hopes for them after Gurren Lagann.  

I quit Kill a Kill mid way through. I know people like this over-the-top stuff but it's wasn't for me. Besides the ridiculous pervy fights there wasn't much substance. Just each episode trying to 1-up the last in buffoonery.

I found the first arc of SAO 2 to be entertaining. The pervy scenes are mild and I just wrote them off as something for middle school kids to fantasize about. But if it's swords you want the second half gets back to that. However it's not very good.

Watching Kill La Kill and Sword Art Online Season 2 as they are airing on Toonami. I can't tell which show is worse.

Neon nippled men vs. a crossdresser (who at one point flirts with other male players).

A show with no deaths vs. A show with no swords (some episodes even have "gun" in the title).

Scissoring vs. Finger Banging.

A guy who is constantly touching himself during battle and gives up because he's "learned enough" vs. a pervy nurse with an underaged boy (and who knows what else with that hospital). Does Aniplex enjoy shows that involve perverts?

It's like Pick Your Poison. And I had such high hopes for them after Gurren Lagann.
At least Kill La Kill doesn't have a boring Gary Stu main character.

FINALLY Started up watching Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I've been putting it off for so long. Think I'll put Rurouni Kenshin on hold for the moment since FMA was really good.

kill la kill is okay only got 3 or 4 eps into it. but Akame ga Kill is awesome! . 

@cage107 if you dont mind subs then go with Akame ga Kill .. theres eng dub of Highschool of the dead is another good anime. 

nothing beats Highschool DxD HAREM KING ISSEI 

FINALLY Started up watching Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I've been putting it off for so long. Think I'll put Rurouni Kenshin on hold for the moment since FMA was really good.
I may be in the minority here, but I prefer the non brotherhood FMA. I think it is a little more adult.

It would probably be better to watch the non brotherhood version first, then go to brotherhood to continue the manga storyline.

Eh, they both have their advantages and disadvantages. The fights are slightly more realistic and way more personal in the first FMA series, but far more epic in Brotherhood.

I think that the first FMA series is the better storyline. It was more emotional and did more and better with the characters than Brotherhood.

The only fight scene I enjoyed more in Brotherhood over FMA was Roy v Lust.

I heard Brotherhood was a more direct adaptation of the manga so I went with that one.
It is, but the other series will make you cry (more than once). I know you were looking for romantic Anime before, so I thought you may like the more mature/emotional version with better character development. Bortherhood is almost a faster paced, 'looser' animation version.

This is a bad comparison, but the difference seems like DBZ and DBZ kai. (except FMA has no filler IMO)

Also, the original anime writers were not allowed to use a lot of the later manga plot lines because Arakawa hadn't dfinished the series and didn't want the two to be similar.

It should also be noted that she used a lot of design and story concepts from the 2nd half/movie in the manga itself.

Also, since the manga material the first anime did use was adapted so well, Brotherhood plows through it as fast as it can so it can get to the new stuff. As a result, the first 15 episodes of Brotherhood are a rushed mess.

I'm a couple episodes into Brotherhood now and I can tell things are moving quickly so I see what you mean about it being rushed.

This season is far enough along for me to list some of my favorites.

Brilliant: My Love Story, Sound Euphonium, JoJo

Good: Arslan Senkai, Food Wars, DanMachi, Yamada Kun & 7 Witches, Kuroko, Assassination Classroom

Alright: Plastic Memories, SNAFU 2, Ace of Diamond

Dropped: Punchline, Blood Blockade Battlefront, Yuri Kuma Arashi

Rewatching InuYasha. I have always felt this, but I feel like, before she got dumped off to Miroku, Sango had way more chemistry with Inuyasha than either Kikyo or Kagome, especially in her early episodes. I get the feeling InuSan would have been the fan-preferred couple had it been an option.

Rewatching InuYasha. I have always felt this, but I feel like, before she got dumped off to Miroku, Sango had way more chemistry with Inuyasha than either Kikyo or Kagome, especially in her early episodes. I get the feeling InuSan would have been the fan-preferred couple had it been an option.
I got the idea that Rumiko Takahashi was just a terrible writer when it came to romance.

It's been awhile, but I thought it felt one-wayed. Inuyasha cared about Kikyo much more than Sango, and Sango seemed to want to get closer to Inuyasha. But yea, Rumiko isn't great at really anything other than somehow being successful rewriting the same story 10 times.

bread's done
Back