Anime sale at Amazon.com

Gonna pass on these deals. Only thing i'm really interested in from the lists is R.O.D. and at 15 + shipping I'll pass for right now.

Thanks for the deal though OP, nice for folks who want a few.

I'll guess Grave is 1 disc and that is a fantastic price on Appleseed. Kind of wish I could return my Best Buy one I bought for $23

[quote name='rodeojones903']Tenjho Tenge isnt too shabby at $12.XX.[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking. I'm just out of cash right now. :cry:

[quote name='b3b0p']probably getting vol. 5 & 6 Champloo. Is 7 the last volume?[/QUOTE]

6 should be the last. All 6 for $15 each is a great price. I may pick those up. Thanks OP.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']6 should be the last. All 6 for $15 each is a great price. I may pick those up. Thanks OP.[/QUOTE]

7 would actually be the last one Crash. They made the last two discs only have 3 each. So it's 7 DVDs in total.

Paranoia Agent, Gankutsuou, Samurai Champloo....

*sigh* I could really use an extra few hundred bucks right about now.

[quote name='scdoanintendo']Hmm..I need a $10 filler for free shipping.[/QUOTE]

I haven't shopped on Amazon for a while now but would it be "spend $25+" and you get free shipping (standard mail)?

[quote name='Psykodelik']I haven't shopped on Amazon for a while now but would it be "spend $25+" and you get free shipping (standard mail)?[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's spend $25 or more and get free shipping. I was tempted to get Read or Die, Perfect Blue, and Grave of the Fireflies but I hate buying a standard edition and then a DC or CE comes out which I'm sure this great films will get.

i couldnt help myself and ended up buying vol. 2-6 of samurai champloo. Now i just have to try to find vol. 7 for cheap. Im so lucky i got money for christmas ^_^
Thanks Kirin

I noticed that price for Roughnecks too. I remember I used to tape it when it went on. I want to get it as well. But I'm pressed on to get that or Guitar Hero first.

Like Tyga said...anyone know when this will last?

How in the world am I both an anime fan and a Heinlein fan yet have never heard of this Roughnecks series?! Call me a poser now while I do some research.

Edit: Interesting that it's included in an anime sale. Looks great, but I'm gonna try to watch it before deciding whether to buy.

Hmm. Is Astro Boy any good? Looks decent to me for 25, and I've seen a few episodes of the old series.

edit: ROD (not the tv series) looks great as well. I might get both of these.

[quote name='woobacca']Appleseed LE and Kakurenbo. Argh just $0.06 more to get free shipping...[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it. I want the Astro Boy ('03) set, but it's 3 cents short of free shipping. The only other thing I'm interested in is R.O.D., whivh is 15, and I'm not sure if I wanna unload 40 bucks on these.

Although I guess I could just spring for one or the other. Form reviews, Astro Boy seems to be rather lackluster compared to the other series, which I enjoyed. This makes me lean towards R.O.D., but it'll be a blind buy since I've only ever seen one ep of the TV show, which seems quite different from the OAV.

But ROD is subbed. and I prefer sub over dub.

Argh. Silly Amazon and their shipping.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']ROD (not the tv series) looks great as well. I might get both of these.[/QUOTE]
R.O.D is well worth the purchase, both the OVA and TV series. I cannot reccommend it enough.

I thought that amazon.com gave a four month trial period for Amazon Price. You could get free two day shipping.

Anyways, I bought Project A-Ko for my friend.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']R.O.D is well worth the purchase, both the OVA and TV series. I cannot reccommend it enough.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear. To be honest, I'm not a big anime fan, and am sort of easing into it. I like it, but there's so much stuff it's hard to tell what's legitimately decent work and what's just a waste of money.

I don't have the money to get the TV series, but the subbed OVA looks pretty good. Thanks for your comments, they help!

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']R.O.D is well worth the purchase, both the OVA and TV series. I cannot reccommend it enough.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. The OVA came out of nowhere, and absolutely blew me away. But why did they change Yomiko's voice for the series?

[quote name='darkcrawlspace']Agreed. The OVA came out of nowhere, and absolutely blew me away. But why did they change Yomiko's voice for the series?[/QUOTE]
The Japanese voices for the entire cast are the same, both OVA and TV. If you're referring to the dub, the character's voices are different because Manga Entertainment released the OVA, and Geneon released the TV series. The OVA was dubbed well, but I much prefer the TV cast.

Thanks OP, I have the first DVD of Tenjho Tenge with the collector's box and I fell behind getting the rest, getting volumes 2-4 at $12.47 each was a big help!

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Hmm. Is Astro Boy any good? Looks decent to me for 25, and I've seen a few episodes of the old series.

edit: ROD (not the tv series) looks great as well. I might get both of these.[/QUOTE]

It is good but it is only in English.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']It is good but it is only in English.[/QUOTE]

Oh, really?

I think I can live with that. It'd be different if I was paying full price.

I picked up Samurai Champloo #6 (makes me wish I had waited to buy the other discs too) and Tenjho Tenge #2-4. I'll probably pick up Tenjho Tenge #1 + Artbox at the next DDD 20% sale.

Thanks OP!

Is Castle of Cagliostro (Lupin the 3rd; Miyazaki) a good selection? I've heard a lot about Princess Mononoke and Miyazaki in general and enjoyed Totoro.

I've dropped Astro Boy and am looking for something to nab free shipping with R.O.D. and this seems to be a good choice.

Also, is R.O.D. dub, sub, or both? It seems Cagliostro is dub and sub, and while the R.O.D. info says it's sub, some comments lead me to believe it;s dub as well.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Is Castle of Cagliostro (Lupin the 3rd; Miyazaki) a good selection? I've heard a lot about Princess Mononoke and Miyazaki in general and enjoyed Totoro.

I've dropped Astro Boy and am looking for something to nab free shipping with R.O.D. and this seems to be a good choice.[/QUOTE]
Yes, yes, a million times over, yes. Best Lupin movie ever! If you're a Ghibli fan, I also suggest picking up Grave of the Fireflies, one of my favorite films ever. Have some tissues handy for that one, though.

R.O.D has both Japanese audio with English subtitles and an English dub.

most of the older stuff you can get a lot cheaper on ebay, Its a good deal for the Samurai Champloo & Tenjho Tenge's though.

[quote name='Celes']there's the brick version and there's a thin version which is coming out soon.[/QUOTE]

Thin version? So they're releasing the complete set in thin cases of DVDs?

Man, I hope this sale runs a few more days... I gotta watch what I buy with my birthday coming up on Tuesday, and the stuff here I want is on my list...

Picked up Samurai Champloo v5 + 6 and Tokyo Godfathers. Lord knows finding Geneon discs for low prices is hard as hell, especially for shows still being currently released. Tokyo Godfathers also refuses to see a universal price drop so this is the cheapest I've ever seen it. Thank you very much OP.

I told my Mother about how much my brother dug Appleseed when he visted and she got it for him thanks to a link I sent her.

[quote name='DuelLadyS']Man, I hope this sale runs a few more days... I gotta watch what I buy with my birthday coming up on Tuesday, and the stuff here I want is on my list...[/QUOTE]

Heeeeeey... waaaaitaminute.... my birthday is on tuesday too! Um... neat!

bread's done
Back