Anime Thread Sky Sapphire. Materialise. Start!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Kirin Lemon']The best Lupin film ever, Castle of Cagliostro, is on sale right now at Amazon.com for slightly under $13.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00000JL3V/ref=bfl_ref=amb_right-1_139415301_3/102-4985486-0083305?v=glance&n=130[/QUOTE]
I really need to get around to watching Castle of Cagliostro, I have it downloaded, and if I like it enough, I'll buy it (as a high schooler, I dont have the money to go out and buy on a whim),

Anyways Kirin Lemon, you mentioned Gankutsuou a while back, so I went and looked it up, and the summary caught my attention, so I downloaded it, and damn, am I glad I did,
while some people would be put off by the animation style, I actually really enjoy it, its something different.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']The best Lupin film ever, Castle of Cagliostro, is on sale right now at Amazon.com for slightly under $13.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00000JL3V/ref=bfl_ref=amb_right-1_139415301_3/102-4985486-0083305?v=glance&n=130[/QUOTE]

Man, I hope they have this sale for awhile. I have to hold off on anymore anime purchases for a bit. I still have to wait for Witch Hunter Robin and Masion Ikkoku from the Rightstuf holiday sale. Plus, I took advantage of their year end clearance and ordered ex-Driver vol. 1-2, Tenjho Tengo vol. 1, R.O.D. the Movie, and Voogie's Angels.

Oh, Lord. I just saw the Geneon sale on RightStuf too. Lupin stuff on sale.... Damn......I need more money.:bomb:

DuelLadyS, I saw that all four volumes of Strawberry Eggs are part of the sale. I think you said you were looking for deals on that in the past.

Naruto 166-167 is out for you Narutards (myself included). In other news, though it's based on a shoujo manga, Paradise Kiss continues to interest me w/ its compelling storyline. Oh those crazy japanese! There's anime for everything even fashion. :lol:

Reading this topic's title reminds me: Mai Otome is back this week! After the last episode, I can't wait to see this one, although it seems to be about Akane this time around (is something going to happen to her?).

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Man, I hope they have this sale for awhile. I have to hold off on anymore anime purchases for a bit. I still have to wait for Witch Hunter Robin and Masion Ikkoku from the Rightstuf holiday sale. Plus, I took advantage of their year end clearance and ordered ex-Driver vol. 1-2, Tenjho Tengo vol. 1, R.O.D. the Movie, and Voogie's Angels.

Oh, Lord. I just saw the Geneon sale on RightStuf too. Lupin stuff on sale.... Damn......I need more money.:bomb:

DuelLadyS, I saw that all four volumes of Strawberry Eggs are part of the sale. I think you said you were looking for deals on that in the past.[/QUOTE]
The sad thing about the Rightstuf sale is that, even after the 33% off (off the RETAIL prices, not theirs, keep in mind), the stuff can be found cheaper elsewhere, especially during a DDD sale.

Focus on Castle of Cagliostro. While the other Lupin films may be entertaining, Cagliostro is a Miyazaki masterpiece.

[quote name='Over easy']Reading this topic's title reminds me: Mai Otome is back this week! After the last episode, I can't wait to see this one, although it seems to be about Akane this time around (is something going to happen to her?).[/QUOTE]

*Semi-spoilers for next episode of Mai-Otome*

From what I've heard, Akane is picked by a kingdom pretty far away to become that king's Otome. Unfortunately, she's unsure if she really wants this as it would mean leaving her love (Kazu I think?) behind. So it's about her decision. I just hope this doesn't end up like HiME where Akane is the first to...you know. That would really suck. Always picking on poor Akane.

*End semi-spoilers*

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I just finished reading the first two volumes of Death Note, and I need more. Anyone care to show me the way?[/QUOTE]

I am up to around 45 in Death Note, good stuff though I liked the L v Kira story line more than the current one but I feel it will redevelop eventually

just finished deathnote up to 90, it can get pretty intense sometimes with the battle of wits. I dont really like Raito that much he's seems like an ass and I feel bad for Misa, she has such a short life for Kira who really couldnt give a damn.

I picked up some new anime today at Fry's. I picked up two more sagas of DB, the second parts of King Piccolo and Piccolo Jr. sagas and the Kaleido Star Amazing Collection. I think I'll be ordering the rest of the DB sagas tomorrow from DDD for about $25 each w/free shipping. I can't wait to have all of the DB sagas (besides Saga of Goku). :D

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']just finished deathnote up to 90, it can get pretty intense sometimes with the battle of wits. I dont really like Raito that much he's seems like an ass and I feel bad for Misa, she has such a short life for Kira who really couldnt give a damn.[/QUOTE]

Has Misa died yet? I stopped reading awhile ago, and I know she was down to a quarter of her lifespan cause of assface....I mean Light. The site I was reading it at stopped hosting it so I haven't read it in awhile.

[quote name='karsh']Has Misa died yet? I stopped reading awhile ago, and I know she was down to a quarter of her lifespan cause of assface....I mean Light. The site I was reading it at stopped hosting it so I haven't read it in awhile.[/QUOTE]

naw shes still cute and kickin, liquid posted a link to all 90 so far on page 4 if u are still interested in reading it.

About to start volume 4 of Tsukikage Ran. I really enjoy the show. The interaction between Meow and Ran is great. I think Ran is a great lead character. You don't see a female playing the "strong but silent" role quite like she does. She's becoming of my favorite characters.

Still have to finish Honey and Clover and Sailor Moon Live, but I have Cinderella Boy in my "to view queue". I found out about that by accident while doing some searched on Ranma yesterday. Sounds like an interesting show.

Crap, I completely forgot about Death Note. I'll be sure to check out Liquidnight's link later. On another note, I thought most of the new Mai Otome episode was ...meh. It was underwhelming. The only part I was really interested in was the teaser ending. Looks like the shit has officially hit the fan if the look on Shizuru's face is any indication.

On a side note, anyone know if anyone is subbing the Pani Poni Dash manga or if it's heading to the US in some form? I need this manga.

[quote name='jaykrue']Crap, I completely forgot about Death Note. I'll be sure to check out Liquidnight's link later. On another note, I thought most of the new Mai Otome episode was ...meh. It was underwhelming. The only part I was really interested in was the teaser ending. Looks like the shit has officially hit the fan if the look on Shizuru's face is any indication.

On a side note, anyone know if anyone is subbing the Pani Poni Dash manga or if it's heading to the US in some form? I need this manga.[/QUOTE]
Chapters 1 and 2 are out, I believe.

[quote name='jmcc']Chapters 1 and 2 are out, I believe.[/QUOTE]

Do you know who's subbing them? So I can look for it as I've tried doing a Google search but none were translated.:cry:

[quote name='jaykrue']Do you know who's subbing them? So I can look for it as I've tried doing a Google search but none were translated.:cry:[/QUOTE]
www.thewafflehouse.net I think.

edit: also, tokyotosho has torrents for them, if you hate IRC.

Okay...Here's a question I'm wondering about as far as Naruto goes. Does the cursed seal itself that Orochimaru gives you determine what your second level form is going to be or is it based on the actual person? Because if it's just based on the seal, if they locked Anko away in the barrel that Sasuke was in, and she conceivably survived, would she have the same form as Sasuke due to having the same Cursed Seal placed upon her?

[quote name='karsh']Okay...Here's a question I'm wondering about as far as Naruto goes. Does the cursed seal itself that Orochimaru gives you determine what your second level form is going to be or is it based on the actual person? Because if it's just based on the seal, if they locked Anko away in the barrel that Sasuke was in, and she conceivably survived, would she have the same form as Sasuke due to having the same Cursed Seal placed upon her?[/QUOTE]

thats a really good question, they go pretty in depth here http://leafninja.com/cursed-seals.php but it doesnt seem to mention your question.

I have an even better question, does anybody have a count of how many more filler eps before Gaiden. I remember at one point it was 20 something, but in my boredom I lost count of how much crap was left. Anybody have any clue till the Yellow Flash?

Yeah. I think we can say the shit has officially hit the fan in Otome now. I liked the episode, but I've always liked Akane, so that might explain it. I really hope this doesn't pull a HiME and we never really see Akane again, since I can assume at the end of this episode, she's not gonna be an Otome anymore. Though I could be entirely wrong.

EDIT: On a completely unrelated note, as much as I hate Gundam and as much as you all tell me Seed and Seed Destiny suck, wow do they have good OPs and EDs.

Words cannot express how crack-inspired that episode of Fumoffu I just watched was, where Kaname went on a date at the amusement park and Sousuke followed and saved her in the Bonta costume. So crack-inspired...

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Just got Tenjho Tenge vol. 1 w/box, ex-Driver vol.1 and 2, R.O.D (yes! :D ), and Voogie's Angels from Rightstuf.[/QUOTE]
Tenjho Tenge was pretty good from what I've seen of the first volume.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Tenjho Tenge was pretty good from what I've seen of the first volume.[/QUOTE]

I have the first three volumes of the manga and I enjoyed it so far. I heard it was heavily censored though.

I've been wanting to see the anime for awhile now.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I have the first three volumes of the manga and I enjoyed it so far. I heard it was heavily censored though.

I've been wanting to see the anime for awhile now.[/QUOTE]
Never read the manga so I don't know of any changes, but I'm guessing the shower scenes in the first episode is what you'd be refering to.

My roommate just picked it up at Fry's when I was getting some stuff, and we watched a few episodes of that along with others.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Never read the manga so I don't know of any changes, but I'm guessing the shower scenes in the first episode is what you'd be refering to.

My roommate just picked it up at Fry's when I was getting some stuff, and we watched a few episodes of that along with others.[/QUOTE]

I don't mind cosmetic changes. I actually haven't read enough manga to where it would matter to me. I only have Initial D vol. 1 -3, Tenjho Tenge vol. 1-3 and Ranma 1/2 vol. 1-9, 11-12, 14, 16, 20, 22-23, 30-31. The reason I have the Ranma out of order is because I took advantage of a sale at Wldenbooks and just bought what they had.

The changes in Tenjo Tenge are so retarded at times. It takes away a lot from the feel of the manga. The biggest situation where there were changes was when the black guy's girlfriend is raped. In the english version, it was censored to the point where you almost can't tell she's being raped. Not that it needs to be hentai level, but the censoring was a bit overboard. They also do stupid ones, like slapping some kind of sticker over dumb white guy giving the finger. As for the actual show and manga itself, it's pretty decent, until it goes OVERBOARD itself with the world's longest flashback. I'm pretty sure at least 13 episodes of the show are devoted to the flashback. It's important, but they could have trimmed it. I literally think I read 50 chapters worth of flashback before I got sick of it.

[quote name='karsh']As for the actual show and manga itself, it's pretty decent, until it goes OVERBOARD itself with the world's longest flashback. I'm pretty sure at least 13 episodes of the show are devoted to the flashback. It's important, but they could have trimmed it. I literally think I read 50 chapters worth of flashback before I got sick of it.[/QUOTE]

That's the problems my friends had with the series. I caught about the first half, along with some of the excellent resolutions and battles and whatnot and was thrilled. It was interesting and outlandish enough to at least keep my attention (I usually switch off most of these types of shows immediately) and I wanted to see where they would go with it. Then they did nothing but flashbacks. Nothing but flashbacks. And the OVAs that eventually came out afterwards were supposedly lackluster. What a shame.

I really want to get into the series since it was a little bit more interesting than the typical dreck but the handling of the manga has me thinking otherwise. I guess I'll just stick to catching up on my backlog...

[quote name='jmcc']TenTen is all about ass and titties. If you remove those, you're not left with much.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much, lol.

[quote name='karsh']Pretty much, lol.[/QUOTE]
Don't get me wrong. I like Oh! Great's art. But he's a hentai artist that made it to the bigs, so to speak. Personally, I'd recommend Silky Whip over TenTen. Why cheat yourself out of the full Oh! Great experience?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Tenjho Tenge was pretty good from what I've seen of the first volume.[/QUOTE]I'm pretty sure it's the worst anime I've ever seen. Though I tend to stay away from the truly awful stuff.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I'm pretty sure it's the worst anime I've ever seen. Though I tend to stay away from the truly awful stuff.[/QUOTE]
Damn, you must do a lot of research to not see any turds worse than this. Things like Reign, Blue Gender, most of the Gundam animes, and others that I've mentioned to be crap, boring, and stuff I avoid whereever possible. TT isn't anywhere near that at the moment.

I take back what I said about that episode of FMP:Fumoffu. The whole series must have been done with a shit-ton of crack. Yet I'm really loving this series. I like the original FMP better, but this one is still great. I really think it's due to Sagara and Kaname being so likeable.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Damn, you must do a lot of research to not see any turds worse than this. Things like Reign, Blue Gender, most of the Gundam animes, and others that I've mentioned to be crap, boring, and stuff I avoid whereever possible. TT isn't anywhere near that at the moment.[/QUOTE]
If that's the worst you can come up with, you've not seen a *truly* bad show yet. Two words for you:

Weiss Kreuz.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']Bleach 63 is out for those conformists who only like 2 anime :p[/QUOTE]
I'm just glad there's 4 groups subbing Bleach and none working on, say, Keroro Gunso. Yep, that's a good state of affairs.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Damn, you must do a lot of research to not see any turds worse than this. Things like Reign, Blue Gender, most of the Gundam animes, and others that I've mentioned to be crap, boring, and stuff I avoid whereever possible. TT isn't anywhere near that at the moment.[/QUOTE][quote name='GuilewasNK']You must not have seen Tekken.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=645[/QUOTE]You're both right, I haven't seen any of that stuff. For the most part I've only seen what I own (or downloaded), and even then I haven't seen half of it.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']You're both right, I haven't seen any of that stuff. For the most part I've only seen what I own (or downloaded), and even then I haven't seen half of it.[/QUOTE]
Me neither, I've got some stuff I need to watch, and I may take advantage of it with the usual slow starts to the semester I've got here. Plus, I've got a 5 day weekend coming up, so I may knock off some of the shorter stuff I've got like Planetes and some other stuff.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']If that's the worst you can come up with, you've not seen a *truly* bad show yet. Two words for you:

Weiss Kreuz.[/QUOTE]
I tend to not even try to get near stuff that probably makes what I mentioned look like the best stuff ever, but if you've seen that and it's much worse than what I've seen, I'm sorry.

[quote name='jmcc']Well, Bleach 63-64 made watching pretty much the whole SS arc a waste of time.[/QUOTE]

yeah and they even messed up favorite part of the episode where a bunch of them get drunk while Rukia is missing.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']yeah and they even messed up favorite part of the episode where a bunch of them get drunk while Rukia is missing.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, 63 should've been what 64 was and 64 should've been the beginning of the new arc. I'd rather have one good regular sized eps. than a supersized mediocre one. The fights should've been highlighted in a Jump Fiesta OVA.

I think I'm starting to re-evaluate my top five animes. I'm pretty sure now it's something like this, though I'm not sure about any order:

Fullmetal Alchemist
Bleach
Mai-Otome/Mai-HiME
Cowboy Bebop/Samurai Champloo
Full Metal Panic! (all of them)

With Monster closing in quickly. I'm just really starting to like FMP more and more, mainly because it focuses so much on Chidori and Sagara's relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back