Another GQD reprint? Saiyuki (PS1) 19.99 at Gamestop

IM getting sick and tired of these reprints. THey should just sit down and stop it already. theyre getting way way outta hand w/these reprints.

[quote name='gopro']IM getting sick and tired of these reprints. THey should just sit down and stop it already. theyre getting way way outta hand w/these reprints.[/QUOTE]

I, for one, love it.

Gives me a chance to play games I never got to play.

What's the point of making a game that people don't get to play?

On the other hand, I've never even heard of this game before...

Holy cow! This is one of the last PSOne games I've been looking for--in fact, I've never seen a copy. Thanks for the tip!

This isn't a reprint GQD found a box of these stashed in the back of some warehouse and is kindly sharing them with Gamestop. Oh yeah, don't forget as a pre-owned game you get 25% off. Sweet

GS dropped the price of used copies of this game a couple weeks ago online, but I never saw in-stock until a week ago. It seems kinda planned, but hey, what the hell do I know except that this game rocks? ^_^

[quote name='nikkai']I, for one, love it.

On the other hand, I've never even heard of this game before...[/QUOTE]

same with me, never heard about this game before.

[quote name='gopro']IM getting sick and tired of these reprints. THey should just sit down and stop it already. theyre getting way way outta hand w/these reprints.[/QUOTE]

Sarcasm? Please tell me that's sarcasm..

Actually, I'm not sure if GQD has anything to do with this or not. They aren't whoring out any copies on ebay like they are with the other reprints. Koei is responsible for Gitaroo Man, maybe it was a spontaneous thing.

Dave

looks like a reprint cause a search shows 1-3 copies at alot of gamestops, also check GQD out of curiosity, they're trying to sell it for $40, hope the ogre games get reprinted next

[quote name='doho7744']This isn't a reprint GQD found a box of these stashed in the back of some warehouse and is kindly sharing them with Gamestop. Oh yeah, don't forget as a pre-owned game you get 25% off. Sweet[/QUOTE]

Sorry, is there a code to get 25% off?

edit: whoops nevermind, just now saw the thread *slaps wrist*

[quote name='doho7744']This isn't a reprint GQD found a box of these stashed in the back of some warehouse and is kindly sharing them with Gamestop. Oh yeah, don't forget as a pre-owned game you get 25% off. Sweet[/QUOTE]

Yeah right.

It doesn't stack up with the likes of Tactics Ogre of Final Fantasy Tactics, but if you are into the SRPG genre as a whole, then give it a shot. It's pretty simplistic in terms of stats and upgrading and whatnot

[quote name='nnthomas']It doesn't stack up with the likes of Tactics Ogre of Final Fantasy Tactics, but if you are into the SRPG genre as a whole, then give it a shot. It's pretty simplistic in terms of stats and upgrading and whatnot[/QUOTE]

This is true, but I found the story and characters to be more interesting than the average SRPG.

MjC

[quote name='nikkai']I, for one, love it.

On the other hand, I've never even heard of this game before...[/QUOTE]

That's my concern, that they'll over kill on the reprints, realize they aren't making much money off most of them and this will turn out to be a few month fad. Personally I like the idea since it makes classic games more about the quality and not the price that, that and the fact that VP and Suik 2 haven't been reprinted yet.

I'm getting sick and tired of technology that becomes cheaper. If I pay $300 for a DVD player, it should stay at that price forever, so that I don't feel bad later when I find out other people paid much less for theirs.

Oh, and what's with translating books into different languages? they should stop that too.

It's a good game to get. I've been looking for this game for cheap price and quite glad able to get it new for a mere $20 (b4 discount).

I got this at gamestop last week with the buy 2 get 1 free and the week before I picked suikoden 1 and wild arms 1.All the game are in mint condition.Maybe suikoden or wild arms might be next in reprint ?

Suikoden is being re-released as a PSP title along with Suikoden II, so I highly doubt they would also reprint the original game (unless they hate their fans).

Breath of Fire IV is another one I've been seeing a lot of lately. My EB near school has four perfect copies, each at $29.99.

[quote name='eldad9']I'm getting sick and tired of technology that becomes cheaper. If I pay $300 for a DVD player, it should stay at that price forever, so that I don't feel bad later when I find out other people paid much less for theirs.

Oh, and what's with translating books into different languages? they should stop that too.[/QUOTE]

Laugh, laugh. That's so right. I hate hearing from people who brag about getting something the day it came out for full price, then complain after the inevitable price drops. Ideally, it would be great if any and all games could be reissued so more people could have the chance to play the classics they might have missed.

i'm sorry, but if you dont like reprints based on the fact that you chose to invest a lot of money into "rare" games then you have a problem. a lot of people want to buy the game to actually play it, rather than horde it to make themselves feel better because they have something not everyone can get for cheap. reprints bring old classic games to a new audience and are good for the gaming community. i really wanted to play Gitaroo Man but I really couldnt afford to pay $90 for a copy, but once they released more copies I finally got to play a game that i have been wanting to play because of its appeal and not its monetary value. its sad that people want others to miss out on an enjoyable experience simply because they want to feel better than them for owning a rare item.

[quote name='fatbeer']I got this at gamestop last week with the buy 2 get 1 free and the week before I picked suikoden 1 and wild arms 1.All the game are in mint condition.Maybe suikoden or wild arms might be next in reprint ?[/QUOTE]

Wild Arms was remade for the PS2. Has this been released yet? I haven't seen it in stores. I believe it was called Wild Arms Alter Code F or something.

wow........ just WOW.

[quote name='zionoverfire']That's my concern, that they'll over kill on the reprints, realize they aren't making much money off most of them and this will turn out to be a few month fad. Personally I like the idea since it makes classic games more about the quality and not the price that, that and the fact that VP and Suik 2 haven't been reprinted yet.[/QUOTE]

technically it will be reprinted for suik 1 and 2 for psp later on. i wonder how much of a drop it'll be when those come out.

the reprints for rare ps2 games i'm very much not surprised (you can probably see it in my beginning posts on cag about stuff like that) but old ps1 game reprints that's from left field right there. even though i dont mind reprints so everyone including myself can play it, as a collector and owning some of the rare pieces it always comes to me to sell a part of my collection each time they reprint something.

thanks for the info OP

This is great news...I was planning to bundle my copy of it with Rez and sell on ebay, but now I'm not sure it'll even sell.

Damn sneaky reprints...I wish gamestops would share it with some of the EB stores (at least then I can pick them up using my stash of EB credit)

on another note, I thought Saiyuki was fun. Simple but the story isn't as complicated as FFT or Ogres - I get tired of knights, kingdoms, etc.

I like reprints, even though I collect rare RPGs (I play and then sell for a little over cost). I'm glad to see the trend continue, only thing that bothers me is if a reprint costs over $20. I want BOFIV, but I won't pay the steep cost being asked for it everywhere ($30). Hopefully a pawn shop will get it in soon.

You collector people whining about games being re-printed can bite me. Some of us would like to play some of these games for un-ridiculous prices. Sorry that it shatters your poor little egos. Try investing in a mutual fund or something next time.

[quote name='Otherguy676']I like reprints, even though I collect rare RPGs (I play and then sell for a little over cost). I'm glad to see the trend continue, only thing that bothers me is if a reprint costs over $20. I want BOFIV, but I won't pay the steep cost being asked for it everywhere ($30). Hopefully a pawn shop will get it in soon.[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

This is an old KOEI early PS1 reprint. I love KOEI, I'm all over it.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I cant wait for someone to reprint a SNES game. In fact, I dare them to do it.[/QUOTE]

oh they will and put it on other systems.

Someone (PittsburghAfterDark, I believe) was in someone's signature for a long time, having made a comment about 401(k)s; it essentially asked "what do you think their instruments of growth are? Sealed copies of Panzer Dragoon Saga?" It makes me laugh, and I couldn't help but think of that when considering what a jackass gopro is.

That being said, is Saiyuki a title that's in demand? I understand that most of the titles that are being reprinted had previously sold for a fuckin' mint on eBay. While I've heard of Saiyuki, it's never come up in any conversations about rare or valuable titles I've had.

[quote name='mykevermin']

That being said, is Saiyuki a title that's in demand? I understand that most of the titles that are being reprinted had previously sold for a fuckin' mint on eBay. While I've heard of Saiyuki, it's never come up in any conversations about rare or valuable titles I've had.[/QUOTE]

It's $20 on ebay and always was. It's the same as Gamestop. This game has no value and never will.

MightySlacker, maybe KOEI can't come up with anything better, so they decided to reprint their old titles and LEAVE :roll:

Collecting rare games isn't just about the monetary value. It's a great feeling when you find a rare game at EB, local shop, etc. and I think it's part of the game shopping experience (like how some people will always buy games new, just so that they can personally open it).

[quote name='111111']technically it will be reprinted for suik 1 and 2 for psp later on. i wonder how much of a drop it'll be when those come out.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it will drop cause its for a different system

This is the EXACT same thing they said about the Persona 2 and Rhapsody reprints. You don't just find boxes of these games laying around. That's a bunch of bull.

[quote name='masha']It's $20 on ebay and always was. It's the same as Gamestop. This game has no value and never will.

MightySlacker, maybe KOEI can't come up with anything better, so they decided to reprint their old titles and LEAVE :roll:[/QUOTE]

I agree. Koei games suck.

Dynasty Warriors 6 anybody? *yawn*

I got this for 8 bucks at a flea market a while back. It's not bad at all, but if you know the actual story it might piss you off a little. I suggest you read the book after you try the game.

[quote name='Zon27']I agree. Koei games suck.

Dynasty Warriors 6 anybody? *yawn*[/QUOTE]

Maybe that's a yawner, but wait until DYNASTY WARRIORS 6 EXTREME LEGENDS!! We will see who is yawning then!

Dave

bread's done
Back