Another post your game setups topic

Ha, my setup is just a standard television with a Wii only the floor...

Seriously, how did all these CHEAP ass gamers get such amazing setups?

[quote name='scsg75']well, I'll post mine here for now.

Just moved into a new house and am finishing up setting everything up again. Fun!

[/quote]

I'm speechless! :applause:
Your setup is teh awesome ^_^

[quote name='Samus']
Seriously, how did all these CHEAP ass gamers get such amazing setups?[/QUOTE]

Cheap does not mean broke.

Speakings of set-ups, I need to take updated pics of mine. I've since added a piece of hardware or two from my last posting in the previous thread. First I need to wait to get my 360 back from repair though. :bomb:

Wow, some really sweet set-ups in here. I'm living the typical college life with my glorious 15" CRT, my PS3, and the 3 ps2 games I brought from home (of about 20) and only one ps3 game I own. Can't even fit the wii and 9 games I have for it in my tiny, tiny, dorm room. For the people who talk about their poor cameras, I don't even have a digital yet, and therefore can't take a pic of my meager set-up, so I have you all beat o_O.

If I can put enough away into savings after working this summer, I want to try and buy a 1080p 42" Toshiba Rezga for Christmas...they're starting to fall around the 1k mark which would be the sweet spot for me if I save enough. *sigh* summer of '07 was worst time to start investing in stocks...I would've made a killing if I had just waited a bit longer...as is, I'm finally back in the black (barely) after being in the red for the last 4 months+. Oh well, at least I didn't buy any Blackstone =]!

[quote name='Samus']

Seriously, how did all these CHEAP ass gamers get such amazing setups?[/quote]

Honestly, I got that many games from this site. Before I found this site in 2003, I had maybe 50 games. Just from the deals on this site, I got most all of those games for dirt cheap over the last 5 years. The only stuff I paid full price for was the consoles and some of the newer release 360/PS3 games.

/plug for CAG

I went through and purged all the crap games about a year ago and all I have left is everything I either have played and like or will play.

[quote name='Ski Hawk']I hate all of you for being rich.

I'm a poor 16 year old :([/quote]

I hate you for being young

I'm poor 23 year old AND I have no excuse.

[quote name='Vinny']What? Jekki, you bitch!:bomb:[/QUOTE]lol, I found it off a guy on srk who found it off a guy on gaf...

it's like he say she say

whats the scale for?

[quote name='magiic']My camera is assembled and sitting on the bed. Im going to tidy up and take a shot
IMG_8235.jpg

IMG_8234.jpg
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='scsg75']well, I'll post mine here for now.

Just moved into a new house and am finishing up setting everything up again. Fun!

-37" Sharp Aquos, Sony 7.1 HDMI Receiver, Polk RM6750 5.1 speaker set (will soon be 7.1) and Oppo upscaling DVD player

-PS3, Wii, Xbox 360 (with HD DVD drive, yay foresight), Xbox, Dreamcast, Gamecube, PS2 all hooked up and ready to play

-PS2/3, Xbox/360 and Gamecube/Wii games on back wall in wall mounted DVD Trays (got them at Circuit City years ago, no longer made which means I'm screwed once these get filled up)

-PSP, DS, GBA and Dreamcast games on shelf to left of TV

"Custom" closet shelves (bought at walmart) with controllers, PSP system, DS system, NES, SNES, N64, PS1 and Sega CDX systems near the bottom. You just have to pull them out and plug them into the system selectors front panel to play them.

NES, SNES, N64 and PS1 games above the systems.

Strategy guides and Collectors editions of games that would not fit in the wall units because of their unusual size.

and a bonus, to the right on the other side of the closet (you can kind see the start of them) are more shelves with the entire Star Wars paperback book collection (minus maybe 10) in chronological order that I've been collecting for about 10 years now. How's that for geeky. As if having 700 games on my wall all alphabetized wasn't enough. (for those concerned, my girlfriend of 6 years and I live together, so it's not like I have to be concerned about chicks I bring home and hide all my nerdy things, like say 700 video games on a wall or the entire Star Wars paperback book collection in chronological order, and it's not like I have to impress her anymore)

TV DVD box sets on bookshelf, DVDs, HDDVDs and Blu Rays on wall shelf[/QUOTE]

Very awesome :applause:
Where do you get these DVD/Media wall shelves? They are really awesome. Also, how much do they cost (generally speaking of course).

I do hope you come back to this thread and can answer :)

[quote name='lilboo']Very awesome :applause:
Where do you get these DVD/Media wall shelves? They are really awesome. Also, how much do they cost (generally speaking of course).

I do hope you come back to this thread and can answer :)[/quote]

I got the ones the games are in at Circuit City for the last 4 years. They recently stopped selling them though. They have a new type that is a little different. Those I have were 5.99 a piece and hold 14 games/dvds each.

If you were talking about the shelves my actual dvds are on in that last picture, I got that online it's made by Pre Pac and was about $146 shipped

Which LE's am I missing besides NFS: Carbon and Madden 07 HoF? And Mass Effect (sigh). I guess I could count Turning Point and Jericho in there..

I'm not counting gold editions of games like CoD, Marvel, etc.

[quote name='scsg75']I got them at Circuit City for the last 4 years. They recently stopped selling them though. They have a new type that is a little different. Those I have were 5.99 a piece and hold 14 games/dvds each.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I see. So in that very last picture it looks like there's 9 of those shelves put together? Is that what I'm seeing?

[quote name='lilboo']Ah, I see. So in that very last picture it looks like there's 9 of those shelves put together? Is that what I'm seeing?[/quote]

I didn't know which shelves you were talking about, I updated my first response with a link to where I got that shelf. It's one unit that hangs on the wall. It was about $145 shipped.

I need to post my horrible trainwreck here after I clean my room. It looks like an implosion of media, pretty much games, accessories, consoles, DVDs, books, guides, and magazines everywhere. I just broke the 100 game mark on PS2 games and the 20 game mark on 360 games (only owned the system 3 months now), plus added a ton of XB and GC games to my collection thanks to the BlockBuster BOGO + Darkness flips. Since I pretty much have to keep everything I own in my room and I tend to be a rather proactive collector, I'm running out of space, really fast.

Living Room Setup
Westinghouse 42" TX-42F430S 1080P
Harmon/Kardon AVR 247
Elemental Designs A6-6T6 Towers
Elemental Designs A6-6T6 MTM Center
Elemental Designs A6-5T5 MTM Rear Surrounds
Elemental Designs A2-300
(250w 12") Subwoofer
Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HD DVR (HDMI/Toslink)
Xbox 360 Elite Falcon (HDMI) w/ HD DVD Add-On
PlayStation 3 60GB (HDMI)
Wii (Component/RCA PLII)

Blu-Ray's

HD DVD's

Xbox 360

PlayStation 3

Entire Goody Cabinet

Nintendo Wii & PlayStation 2

Gamecube & Xbox & SD-Oldray DVD

Portables / PSP & NDS & GBA

Bedroom Setup & OG Gaming
Westingshouse 32" LTV-32W6 720p
Yamaha HTR-5930
Yamaha Satellites (Front, Center, Rear)
Yamaha Powered Subwoofer (100w)
PlayStation 2 (Component/RCA PLII)
Nintendo Gamecube (RCA/Stereo) w/ GBA Player
Sega Dreamcast Jap. Modded (RCA/Stereo)

You guys have a very, very impressive, well organized set up. When I get around to cleaning this mess up and add more lighting, I will take a few pics.

There should be a contest here on CAG, of which one of us has the nicest, coolest, *neatest* video game room set up.

You guys have some very, very, very impressive set ups. I'll post pics of mine (basically 1 desk with everything) but I don't mind.

can we get a mod to sticky this..... there was something similar on the OT forums a few months ago but it got lost :whistle2:(

It's interesting that there's no middle ground as far as these collections go... it seems you're either crazy, or you've got something along the lines of the pic that Jekki ripped.

[quote name='Chacrana']It's interesting that there's no middle ground as far as these collections go... it seems you're either crazy, or you've got something along the lines of the pic that Jekki ripped.[/QUOTE]

Or it might be the people with sdtv's and just one or two systems dont want to post up against these stellar setups.

[quote name='addicted2games']Or it might be the people with sdtv's and just one or two systems dont want to post up against these stellar setups.[/QUOTE]
Bingo!

All my systems and games except my 360 are currently in boxes and stuff in my room at my parents house. Once I get my apartment I will probbly set them up them.

My Previous PC Setup
Setup01.jpg

My New PC Setup
Setup02.jpg

My PS3 Setup
Sony KDL-46XBR2 - 46 Inch
Setup03.jpg

Setup04.jpg

My Wii/Standalone Blu-ray Setup
SONY KDF-60XS955 - 60 Inch
Panasonic DMP-BD10AK
Setup05.jpg

Setup06.jpg

[quote name='silent h3ro']
my_setup2_edit.jpg

I like to keep everything nice and tidy. And yes, the PS3 is my only console.[/quote]

Simplest set up i have ever seen on all the game set up topic i have seen

I'll be posting my setup in a few months, when the basement finishing project for my house is done.

Tentative information:
TV/game room will be 28' x 20'.
TV stand for all devices will be 9' wide.

Probably won't have any pics until the summer, so we'll leave this here as a teaser.

[quote name='Pootie Thang']My Previous PC Setup
Setup01.jpg

My New PC Setup
Setup02.jpg

My PS3 Setup
Sony KDL-46XBR2 - 46 Inch
Setup03.jpg

Setup04.jpg

My Wii/Standalone Blu-ray Setup
SONY KDF-60XS955 - 60 Inch
Panasonic DMP-BD10AK
Setup05.jpg

Setup06.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Jensen Speakers? Other then those very nice setup :D

[quote name='pimpinc333']Jensen Speakers? Other then those very nice setup :D[/QUOTE]

I noticed the same thing.:lol:

BTW, why do so many of you have pictures what your TV looks like when it's on? Either you want to show everyone that your TV works... or you don't realize that a using a picture to show your TV's image quality doesn't really mean anything.:p

[quote name='Vinny']I noticed the same thing.:lol:

BTW, why do so many of you have pictures what your TV looks like when it's on? Either you want to show everyone that your TV works... or you don't realize that a using a picture to show your TV's image quality doesn't really mean anything.:p[/QUOTE]

Haha those POS JENSEN speakers are not even in use. I'm waiting to give them away. I'm actually just using the BOSE speakers mounted to the wall (5.1). What fucking sucks though is that after I took those pics, I finally decided up update the firmware on my Blu-ray player. And it killed it. I only had it for 8 months and now I have to take it in. Luckily I bought the extended warranty. Maybe I can get the $600 credit I paid for it and just pick up another PS3 and then some.

[quote name='silent h3ro']
my_setup2_edit.jpg

I like to keep everything nice and tidy. And yes, the PS3 is my only console.[/quote]

My set up is even more simple...:/
I like to use my money on clothes and stuff.

[quote name='ananag112']CAG setups should be more like this:

1196392397577vj0.jpg
[/QUOTE]LOL~!! where did you find that?? or is that really your setup??

umm... I'm CLEANING rite now! I decided to take sum pics.

main game setup, I got a Dreamcast on top of a Nintendo no Wii!

Dreamcast on top!! how many gamers do u know does that, huh?!?!?!

shift to the left a bit...

computer setup with game collection a bit to the top right, I'm loaded!!

IMG_3984.jpg

IMG_3987.jpg

IMG_3988.jpg

IMG_3989.jpg

IMG_3986.jpg

Modular stands are from IKEA. New suede sectional sofa is from Big Lots furniture. I store HD's/BD's and all my games in the bottom drawers. LCD lights are hard to see but mounted behind the frosted glass doors and in the bottom section where the cases for whatever movie is playing is being displayed.

The equipment:

55" BRAVIA A series SXRD Rear Projection HDTV
Onkyo 605 receiver
2x JBL Venue Series Stadium 8-Inch 3-Way Speaker for fronts
2x JBL Venue Series Balcony 4-Inch 2-Way Wall Speakers for rears
JBL Venue Series Voice Center Channel 5-Inch 2-Way Dual Speaker
JBL Venue Series SUB10 10-Inch Subwoofer
Dish Network 770 PVR
Toshiba HD XA2 HD DVD player
Sony BD-PS3 BluRay player
XBOX 360 Elite
Wii
Dreamcast

I am VERY damn happy with the picture, sound quality and asthetics! The old ass carpeting and wood paneling has to be forgiven. I am in a rental!lol

Mmmmm... setting the mood while playing games, aren't we DX? Perfect selling point to get the wife to play games... and then some more!

IMG_3984.jpg

IMG_3987.jpg

IMG_3988.jpg

IMG_3989.jpg

IMG_3986.jpg

Modular stands are from IKEA. New suede sectional sofa is from Big Lots furniture. I store HD's/BD's and all my games in the bottom drawers. LCD lights are hard to see but mounted behind the frosted glass doors and in the bottom section where the cases for whatever movie is playing is being displayed.

The equipment:

55" BRAVIA A series SXRD Rear Projection HDTV
Onkyo 605 receiver
2x JBL Venue Series Stadium 8-Inch 3-Way Speaker for fronts
2x JBL Venue Series Balcony 4-Inch 2-Way Wall Speakers for rears
JBL Venue Series Voice Center Channel 5-Inch 2-Way Dual Speaker
JBL Venue Series SUB10 10-Inch Subwoofer
Dish Network 770 PVR
Toshiba HD XA2 HD DVD player
Sony BD-PS3 BluRay player
XBOX 360 Elite
Wii
Dreamcast

I am VERY damn happy with the picture, sound quality and asthetics! The old ass carpeting and wood paneling has to be forgiven. I am in a rental!lol

Mmmmm... setting the mood while playing games, aren't we DX? Perfect selling point to get the wife to play games... and then some more!

MY TURN!
I got a lot of pics i just took using my PS EYE (i'm so cool, i know). I'll start with my game collection.
Before anyone asks, not for sale if it's not on my list. What can I say, i'm a collector :). Enjoy.

GAMES:

gamingsetup001zj9.th.jpg

Sytems/Posters/MY SETUP!:

bread's done
Back