Another post your game setups topic

[quote name='gunm']Dang, sweet setup Layd...what are the specs for the projector?[/QUOTE]

Its an Optoma HD20 1080p.

[quote name='music2134']@layed: man, I like how the room changed in just five mos!

I need to get me some new floors! tiles or carpet.? hmmm[/QUOTE]

Thanks, We had the house built and they didnt offer Laminate Flooring so we waited for Uncle Sams $8000 check that paid for the entire first floor to be done and get 5.5" baseboards to be installed as well.

[quote name='Tyga24']Looks awesome Layd, especially the HT room/projector! Now the question is where are all of those Magic jerseys going to go ;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks, but they'll find a place at some point. ;)

[quote name='gbpackers94']Hey Layd Dly: In the picture of your old den, what is that computer screen looking thing on the right of the tv?[/QUOTE]

It an Orlando Magic 15" Hannspree LCD TV/Monitor

Layd, just out of curiosity, what sorta job do you do (and are they hiring?) :p

Epic setup BTW. The minimalist/pure gaming approach in both rooms is really sweet.

[quote name='ZenFu']Layd, just out of curiosity, what sorta job do you do (and are they hiring?) :p

Epic setup BTW. The minimalist/pure gaming approach in both rooms is really sweet.[/QUOTE]

I work in IT for the Orlando Magic. Thanks for the compliments. :bouncy:

there's my real setup:
P3160393.jpg

Couldn't figure out where else to ask this...

Ran into quite a bit of money and have a question about those of us CAGS who have "living restraints"

I can't do a 5.1 set up as I share living space. So my thoughts turned over to 5.1 surround headphones.

Now I don't mind spending 160 bucks for a very good pair...but my question is what do I require to get 5.1 out of them? Do I need some kind of decoder or what not? I am a bit confused onto how much of an investment getting 5.1 sound reasonably is.

Thanks cag.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Couldn't figure out where else to ask this...

Ran into quite a bit of money and have a question about those of us CAGS who have "living restraints"

I can't do a 5.1 set up as I share living space. So my thoughts turned over to 5.1 surround headphones.

Now I don't mind spending 160 bucks for a very good pair...but my question is what do I require to get 5.1 out of them? Do I need some kind of decoder or what not? I am a bit confused onto how much of an investment getting 5.1 sound reasonably is.

Thanks cag.[/QUOTE]

Trust me, you don't want 5.1 headphones. Just get a good pair of 2.0 headphones and you'll be much better off. Hell, I'm surprised how directional stuff still sounds with my 2.0 phones. Look into Sennheiser, Audio Technica, or Grado.

[quote name='Chacrana']Trust me, you don't want 5.1 headphones. Just get a good pair of 2.0 headphones and you'll be much better off. Hell, I'm surprised how directional stuff still sounds with my 2.0 phones. Look into Sennheiser, Audio Technica, or Grado.[/QUOTE]

Well no offense at all here, but "trust me" without any kind of supporting evidence is tough to take.
Alot of reviews I read on newegg say 5.1's (great pairs) make the difference with multiple speakers and bass inside the headphones.

I think with 5.1 headphones there is an input where the optical cable is connected that transmits the signal wirelessly to the headphones.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Couldn't figure out where else to ask this...

Thanks cag.[/QUOTE]

no new consoles but things are re arranged alot , im also in the process of buying a new cabinet for all my games as my movie collection has stolen all the space they used to occupy on my shelves

Thought I would finally post my setups on the internet. Here they are!

This is my PC setup. Computer is old but runs most source games fine.

picture.php

This is where I play my consoles games and watch movies. TV isn't special, but it works perfectly. (this thread needs more SDTVs anyway ;)) I also love my JBL speakers.

picture.php

Last edited by a moderator:
I never before have posted anything like this on a forum but today I decided to.
Being a disabled CAG© I tend to be quiet and keep to myself, but I figured I'd show off my set up I love.
I purchase almost everything I own off craigslist because I am always really poor. heh. But I do ok, and at least I have a chance to live a decent life so I won't complain.

My gaming PC
1000263.jpg

My gaming set up for consoles
1000261e.jpg
]

@thingsfallnapart

Nice spacious set-up you have on that corner PC; it looks like you have room to grow your collection if you wish (how many CAGs can say that, heh).

Is that a drawer under your flat screen tv?

@thingsfallnapart

That TV Stand is Pretty Cool. It wont win any design awards but its neat, clean, and simple. I like the 3 shelves up top where you have your Newer Consoles. Good Stuff.

[quote name='johnmirra']nothing wrong with that setup man, its nice when things are kept simple[/QUOTE]

Yes, It was a stand from Ikea I bought from someone for 80 Dollars. It's heavy, sturdy, and very very nice. (edit, also a pain in the ass to bring up a round half-circular staircase in a condo! Came in two halves.)

It has a drawer for all the controllers and space for consoles in a pull out, but above there is a small popout area for like Dvd players and such (I keep portable consoles here.)

Last edited by a moderator:
That *is* a nice looking entertainment center. I'll have to keep IKEA in mind when I (eventually) get into my own home.

Fromann giving me a wave of memories from those star wars cups/pen holders, whatever they are. I seem to remember having a darth vader one.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']I never before have posted anything like this on a forum but today I decided to.
Being a disabled CAG© I tend to be quiet and keep to myself, but I figured I'd show off my set up I love.
I purchase almost everything I own off craigslist because I am always really poor. heh. But I do ok, and at least I have a chance to live a decent life so I won't complain.

My gaming PC
1000263.jpg

My gaming set up for consoles
1000261e.jpg
][/QUOTE]

Really looks nice man! I love how its all neat and each console has like its own box awesome job!:D

My room is small so the setup looks like everything is squeezed together, because it is.

And there's an empty spot next to my receive on the bottom shelf that's saved for when I replace my PS3 that YLOD on me a few months back.

Anyways, here's what I got. The stands in my room are taking up the majority of the spaces.

cimg0207z.jpg

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']The one I have is currently out of style, but they updated it basically to this :
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70144731

Now it lets you wall mount up to a 40 inch screen on the back of the stand which is neat.
I'd say it's worth 160 bucks. No doubt.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty neat actually. Definitely a set up I would do if I had the room to put that stand in my room.

[quote name='Potatoeman']Fromann giving me a wave of memories from those star wars cups/pen holders, whatever they are. I seem to remember having a darth vader one.[/QUOTE]
They are Star Wars Mugs, they sell them every holiday season with cheap candy at your local K-mart, Target, Walmart etc. Every year I keep getting one. So hopefully this year I can get a Storm Trooper. :bouncy:

[quote name='SlaughterX']Wow... skipped a year, but back for 2012!

IMGP0577.jpg
[/QUOTE]

What's your receiver/speaker set up? I love how those speakers match with the TV stand.

But that faceplate on the Xbox and the non-black controllers kinda ruin the sexiness of the set up. That's not to say I'm not jealous, of course.;)

Panasonic P50G10
Yamaha RX-A3000
MartinLogan Preface (fronts), Encore (center), and 4 Creative Gigawork THX certified sattilite speakers (rears).
BIC/Acoustech PL-200 (subwoofer)
Dish Network VIP 722K
LE Gunmetal Grey MGS4 PS3 (40GB)
Xbox 360 Elite (w/ 250GB HDD & Soul Calibur IV Darth Vadar faceplate))
Toshiba HDA20 HD-DVD Player
Denon Universal Player (DVD-Audio, SACD, and Upconverting DVD player)

I'll post setup in a month or two when my man-cave is finished being built - right now its just a boring unfinished basement with mounds of strategy guides =]

I picked up some new A/V gear for my bedroom, but the presentation is a mess so I'm too embarrassed to post actual photos of it. :p

Here's the equipment list though:

Sony Playstation 24" 3D Display
PS3
Sony BDV280 3D HT System

bread's done
Back