Any GLBT Wii'ers Out There?

[quote name='spmahn']Someone explain to me, what's the deal with guys claiming to be "bi"? I don't understand that concept. Do you like wiener? If the answer is yes, then you're gay, end of story.[/QUOTE]

My hairdresser is a tit man. Not man tits, but giant, nice, voluptuous female breasts.

He's also gay.

So yesterday I'm all like "HEY! PICK A SIDE, PAL!"

I'm disappointed in myself that I had an argument with someone who uses the word "wiener."

I'd be more disappointed that you call the person who cuts your hair a "hairdresser." WTF is next, you gonna go to a "stylist" who charges 50 bucks for a haircut? Anything more than 15 bucks is too much IMO. Disclaimer: this advice is coming from someone who showers on Wednesdays and Sundays. ;) Feeling nice and clean today thanks for asking.

I call mine a barber b/c I'm a Cambell's chunky soup eating motherfucker! Represent.

Honestly though, who are you John Edwards?

Lets get back on topic to discussing homosexuals.

If your "questioning" does that make you gay/bi? What if you're a chick who has made out with another girl but thats it? How about if she went muff diving but only once? Maybe a more poignant question, why do we need/want to slap labels on such things?

I go to a 'salon,' not a barber shop.

And say it right, too: SAH-lon, not SUH-lon.

The last time I went to a barber shop, ol' Ira gave me a military cut. That's not what I wear, though the hot lather and straight razor treatment on my neck was a nice slice of Americana.

Given your poor arguing skills and grammar, I don't have to stretch my imagination so as to think of you as anything but average.

There are lots of things about me that are poor, but arguing skills and grammar sure as hell are not one of them. But if you would like to go ahead and find an example I'd like to see it. I was kidding around but yeah, way to be a dick.

So is Supercuts a Salon or a Barber shop?

[quote name='pittpizza']There are lots of things about me that are poor, but arguing skills and grammar sure as hell are not one of them. But if you would like to go ahead and find an example I'd like to see it. I was kidding around but yeah, way to be a dick.[/quote]

So much for grammar.

As for your argument, you can search your own posts from when you first joined here, trying to argue your own personal anecdotal experiences against mountains of research that show any significant 'deterrence effect.'

If you're using personal experience as an arguing point, well, what more needs to be said?

[quote[So is Supercuts a Salon or a Barber shop?[/QUOTE]

Beats me. If you go to a barber or a hairdresser/stylist, have the courtesy of going to a place that isn't a franchise or a chain.

[quote name='mykevermin']
Beats me. If you go to a barber or a hairdresser/stylist, have the courtesy of going to a place that isn't a franchise or a chain.[/QUOTE]

Why should I give a shit? My hair cut is simple, I'm not picky, so I just go whereever is cost effective and convenient.

Tends to be chain places near my house or work place.

The same reason supporting any locally-owned business is better than supporting some national/multinational corporation.

Sure, we may never have to fear the "Fantastic Sam's/Industrial Complex," but given the option, it's my personal preference and ethical decision to allow independent business owners first crack at my spending dollar. It's theirs to lose before it is there for Wal-Mart and the like to gain.

As you interject yourself into the conversation, you may not feel obligated to give a shit now (and you appear to be taking a very staunch "I don't give a shit!" attitude :lol:) - but when the only place to get your haircut is a BoRics, or the only place to eat a Taco Bell (thanks, Demolition Man!), then perhaps you would understand.

anyway, this is way off topic and the last I'll say on the matter. You two are, of course, welcome to the last words I know you won't give up. ;)

[quote name='The Crotch']And he failed at it, too. I'm a tree planter - we do too plant forests in rows.[/QUOTE]
You completely missed my point.

I laugh at you.

[quote name='mykevermin']So much for grammar.

As for your argument, you can search your own posts from when you first joined here, trying to argue your own personal anecdotal experiences against mountains of research that show any significant 'deterrence effect.'

If you're using personal experience as an arguing point, well, what more needs to be said?

Beats me. If you go to a barber or a hairdresser/stylist, have the courtesy of going to a place that isn't a franchise or a chain.[/quote]

There is actually nothing wrong with the grammar in that sentence. Personally, so long as it's intelligible, I really don't give a shit if someone forgets a comma or to put a space in "a lot". Most people, myself included, appear to post on internet message boards the same way as they would speak verbally, which is cool with me since we're not writing thesis papers.

I guess you're not as easy going as I am or just like to troll about colloquially written posts, or both.

As for that ONE argument you seem to be hanging your hat on to demonstrate your percieved shortcommings with my argument style, I have no problem with views spawn from empircism. Empiricists were some of my favorite philosophers and always made the most sense to me.

More evidence in my favor: (tough not to sound like I'm bragging, but this is all true as CAGs who know me in real life can attest) out of a lawschool with around 220 graduates, 2 were given the honor of being admitted to "The Order of Barristers" for (and I quote since the plaque is hanging next to my desk) "...having exhibited excellence and attained high honor through the art of courtroom advocacy, has been selected a national member of the order of the barristers." True, months to prepare and countless practice sessions are a much different forum than these boards are.

It was given to me because I won (out of 150 participants) my law school's Apellate Moot Court contest. Half advanced through several rounds until there were four left. The final four argued before real superior and Pa. Supreme Court justices. Winning this earned me the right to go on to represent my school in the Nat'l Appellate Moot Ct. Competition in Baltimore. You sure seem to have an eye for who is skilled at argument and who is not. Since you seem to be batting a thousand today, how about you throw us some lotto number suggestions?

Anyway, to get back on topic to the off topic banter, I too try to support small businesses when I can (go see a movie/documentary called "The High Cost of Low Prices") however there really aren't any around me that I know of that I would trust with sharp objects near my head.

[quote name='mykevermin']The same reason supporting any locally-owned business is better than supporting some national/multinational corporation.

Sure, we may never have to fear the "Fantastic Sam's/Industrial Complex," but given the option, it's my personal preference and ethical decision to allow independent business owners first crack at my spending dollar. It's theirs to lose before it is there for Wal-Mart and the like to gain.
[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. I can respect that.

I'm busy as shit, so it's always convenience first for me when it comes to something like haircuts. Low price also has high priority as well, I'm not paying more to support a mom and pop store in most cases.

I no longer know what the fuck is going on here, but I will say that I also get my haircut from someone locally that requires an appointment to be made.

I have received endless drudgery about this from both people online and off. This usually comes from someone who just has an all over burr as it might be colloquially called, which is just code for, "We put a guard on the electric razor and went to town."

Which was always hypocritical (not so much ironic) to me, since I have an electric razor, and could do the same thing to myself (and more easily to others) in about 5 minutes for free.

So who is to say who is superior? The person making fun of me for paying a little premium for a haircut every 3-4 months, or the fact that they go to have a service done that they could do themselves after a quick trip to Target?

Oh, there's an answer. You can bet your sweet ass there is.

Now I don't have to go shoving my personal accolades all over this thread anymore, do I? 'Cuz I'm down if so.

[quote name='pittpizza']There is actually nothing wrong with the grammar in that sentence. Personally, so long as it's intelligible, I really don't give a shit if someone forgets a comma or to put a space in "a lot". Most people, myself included, appear to post on internet message boards the same way as they would speak verbally, which is cool with me since we're not writing thesis papers.

I guess you're not as easy going as I am or just like to troll about colloquially written posts, or both.

As for that ONE argument you seem to be hanging your hat on to demonstrate your percieved shortcommings with my argument style, I have no problem with views spawn from empircism. Empiricists were some of my favorite philosophers and always made the most sense to me.

More evidence in my favor: (tough not to sound like I'm bragging, but this is all true as CAGs who know me in real life can attest) out of a lawschool with around 220 graduates, 2 were given the honor of being admitted to "The Order of Barristers" for (and I quote since the plaque is hanging next to my desk) "...having exhibited excellence and attained high honor through the art of courtroom advocacy, has been selected a national member of the order of the barristers." True, months to prepare and countless practice sessions are a much different forum than these boards are.

It was given to me because I won (out of 150 participants) my law school's Apellate Moot Court contest. Half advanced through several rounds until there were four left. The final four argued before real superior and Pa. Supreme Court justices. Winning this earned me the right to go on to represent my school in the Nat'l Appellate Moot Ct. Competition in Baltimore. You sure seem to have an eye for who is skilled at argument and who is not. Since you seem to be batting a thousand today, how about you throw us some lotto number suggestions?[/QUOTE]

OH NO HE DIN'T!

you totally found the super secret credentials that mykevermin and everyone else gives a shit about!

dude, you may be a total master of the court, but you just touted your cred on a video games message board.

check out mine

out of 5000 ninjas at the National Insitute of Slice and Disappear, only 4 made it out alive. Only 2 of those ninjas were able to successfully dispatch more than 200 opponents in a single blow. Only 1 was distinguished as "with great respect for the blade and reverence for the shuriken."

That ninja... was me.

[quote name='Strell']
So who is to say who is superior? The person making fun of me for paying a little premium for a haircut every 3-4 months, or the fact that they go to have a service done that they could do themselves after a quick trip to Target?
[/QUOTE]

Oh, I agree with that totally.

I couldn't give a shit less where someone else goes shopping or where they get their haircut.

They can spend their money where ever they like, and I'll do the same.

I got to the Hair Cuttery as it's right by the grocery store and Target I shop so it's convenient. I get the clipper guard buzz (#3) on the sides and a scissor cut on top I can't do it myself. :D They're pretty cheap as well, which is good as I get mine cut ever 4-6 weeks rather than 3-4 months as I like to keep it pretty short these days (had long ass hair through most of high school and college).

[quote name='Strell']^Bitch's dog will rip out your goddamn throat too, and then he will throw it at you before you die.[/quote]

Ever play Dead to Rights? In that game when you ran out of ammo, you could sick your dog on an enemy, he would rip their throat out, and then fetch you thier gun (usually full of ammo). That was pretty cool.

If it makes you feel any better sleepking, my mood on myspace is Ninja. BTW, if you can show me where anybody in this thread is talking about videogames I'd like to see it.

[quote name='Sleepkyng']sure no probs

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3786611&postcount=1[/quote]

Maybe you missed the last 8 or so pages of this thread. Let me bring you up to date.

1. The spahm guy is a homophobe.

2. Pyro torture's analogies.

3. The world is not black and white.

4. Rent sucks.

5. Haircuts.

At no time was there any conversation about videogames, so your point mostly misses the mark, especially since I already stipulated that this is quite a different forum.

[quote name='Sleepkyng']what does all that stuff have to do with you lawyer cred?[/quote]

Absolutely nothing, you were a bit confused about the content and nature of this thread since you claimed that none of that mattered on vid. game boards; when in actuality almost nothing in this entire thread had to do with video games, and everything to do with almost everything else.

Your ninja skills are therefore completely irrelevant, to a much greater extent than argument skills which were actually brought up and talked about a lot more than videogames were.

Sooooo, I took the liberty of enlightening you to what this thread was actually about, since you seem to be under the impression that showing off your high score in ninja gaiden carried more weight in a discussion about one's argument skills than substantive information on one's argumentation and debate background.

Get it?

[quote name='pittpizza']

Your ninja skills are therefore completely irrelevant, to a much greater extent than argument skills which were actually brought up and talked about a lot more than videogames were.

Sooooo, I took the liberty of enlightening you to what this thread was actually about, since you seem to be under the impression that showing off your high score in ninja gaiden carried more weight in a discussion about one's argument skills than substantive information on one's argumentation and debate background.

Get it?[/QUOTE]

ok, first off, ninja skills are never irrelevant. i don't think you even realize the depth and complexity of ninja skills and what they might entail. Unless you too have some ninja credentials I can check and verify?

and as to this "ninja gaiden" nonsense - that's a VIDEOGAME, i'm talking about REAL LIFE.

and thirdly, who the hell is this one and their skills? What are you, french?

[quote name='pittpizza']There is actually nothing wrong with the grammar in that sentence. Personally, so long as it's intelligible, I really don't give a shit if someone forgets a comma or to put a space in "a lot". [/quote]

I'm not sure which is worse: the error you made, or that you still don't see it, even after Myke bolded it for you. Hint: subject/verb/object agreement

As for that ONE argument you seem to be hanging your hat on to demonstrate your percieved shortcommings with my argument style, I have no problem with views spawn[ed] from empircism. Empiricists were some of my favorite philosophers and always made the most sense to me.

Making these mistakes: awesome
Making these mistakes after defending one's grammar: priceless

[quote name='pittpizza']Maybe you missed the last 8 or so pages of this thread. Let me bring you up to date.

4. Rent sucks.

[/quote]

But, but...it has Idina Menzel and Tracie Thoms in it. They are awesome, therefore Rent cannot suck. At least not totally.

[quote name='blandstalker']
Making these mistakes: awesome
Making these mistakes after defending one's grammar: priceless[/QUOTE]

If you're going to edit someone's post, at least be thorough. You missed that I misspelled "perceived" (which is probably mispelled only slightly less than "shortcomings") dipshit. Also, nothing is wrong with using the present tense of "spawn" the way I did, though that usage may be unfamiliar to you. Additionally, spelling mistakes do not equal grammatical mistakes, though it does appear I did have some tense issues.

Editing another person's perfectly coherent post for grammar: stupid.
Scewing up editing another person's perfectly coherent post: idiotic. :dunce:

And BTW, IMO (

What the fuck is going on in here?

Also, Pyro: I am very serious about my trees. Don't fucking tell me I missed the point when you're talking about trees.

The point was about how the Giants just got lucky, right?

[quote name='pittpizza']
Again, I guess you're not as easy going as I am or just like to troll about colloquially written posts, or both.[/quote]

Oh yeah. "dipshit" + "stupid" + "idiotic" = easygoing 8-[

Thank you for laying to rest any questions about your argument style. It certainly speaks for itself.

EDIT: I'm sorry for my combativeness, I'm feeling particularly frisky today.

Nothing like an insincere apology to brighten the day! It's like a little happy face sticker on a still steaming turd. :booty:

And, well, whatever musical that you don't particularly care about that stars someone you like...it sucks. And your little dog, too!
takethat-s.gif

The context for my easy going-ness was about grammatical errors. That is what we were regrettably talking about. Read much?

And you got me good with the bust on an as yet un-named musical, that really stung.

I'm sure this BS is boring for other people to read. If you want to keep grammar checking my posts, you seriously need to find better ways to spend your time. I just wonder if anybody can get this thread back on topic?

Here I go with a desperate attempt to get back OT.

Would any of the GLBTQ community like to venture a guess as to whether the GLBTQ community has a

1. Disproportionately higher amount of "gamers"

2. Disproportionately lower amount of "gamers"

3. No correlation whatsoever.

If we were talking about theatre or fashion sense the answer would be easier (begs for generalizations I know), but I've often wondered about this. My guess would be 3.

I can say that there's A LOT of us. There's way more then people think. We all aren't into broadway & fashion. You silly nillies!

Minus the sex with men, I'm pretty average guy:
I like video games.
I like to drink, eat tacos, and fart at inappropriate times
I have sex whenever I can get it

See?
/LB Win

OMG!! Sweet success, the thread is now.....

....drumroll please.....

.... back on topic!:applause: :applause: :applause:

What a novel idea.

OMG!! Sweet success, the thread is now.....

....drumroll please.....

What a novel idea.

[quote name='mykevermin']It's likely to fall along age and gender lines that make sexual identity irrelevant.[/quote]

With age there is definitely a correlation. The same goes for gender (I've heard around 20% of "gamers" are female) but I don't really see sexual identity factoring in much if at all.

So thats another vote for "3" as well.

[quote name='pittpizza']OMG!! Sweet success, the thread is now.....

....drumroll please.....

What a novel idea.[/QUOTE]

oh... i get it, you're that kid.

N E WAIZ,

ZOMG GHEY PPLS PLAY VIDEOGAMES!?

[quote name='pittpizza']The context for my easy going-ness was about grammatical errors. That is what we were regrettably talking about. Read much?[/quote]

Oh, so now you get to pick the context when it suits you and imply I can't read, in addition to name calling.

Please add in an ad-hominem attack or two. It's about the only thing you're missing in your stable of tricks. It will really drive home the quality of your argument.

And you got me good with the bust on an as yet un-named musical, that really stung.

It was supposed to be lame. Do I really have to explain that I was parodying you? Really?

You interrupted your name calling and desperate attempt to deflect your problems on to me by including an utterly sad follow-up to my unrelated post about Rent to tell me it sucked.

Gosh, that hurt. And Idina Menzel hates you now. And your little dog, too.

I'm sure this BS is boring for other people to read. If you want to keep grammar checking my posts,

I did it once, for laughs. After all, you're so easygoing about your grammar (look folks, I can read), I knew you wouldn't take it seriously or personally.

you seriously need to find better ways to spend your time.

Oh look: another cliche. Keep going and Comic Book Guy will be able to give you the whole set!

And, of course, what does that say about you responding to me?

Screw grammar: you have no appreciation of irony.

I just wonder if anybody can get this thread back on topic?

You made yourself the topic. You brought up your grammar and your mad lawyer skillz at argument. You were called on it. Now deal.

Ad hom attacks? Nah, I'll let you go ahead and keep hitting yourself.

I don't think you corrected any grammar in that last post so at least some of what I said got through to you.

We do agree on one thing, that beast of a sentence about musicals was lame.

Wow, after that masterpiece I'll just step aside and let you keep digging. I guess the only reason I even responded to your last post is because some seem (CombatCraig) seem to be entertained.

[quote name='The Crotch']fucking Christ, Google Ads, are you trying to give my computer the gay?

imgad
[/quote]

Awww...Crotch's gaydar senses tingling.

I think the guy on the right is a "T".

bread's done
Back