Any ideas on where to but cheap game guides?

Farson

CAGiversary!
Hey all,

Decided to stop lurking and finally post a question.

I recently got Blue Dragon for the 360, I actually kind of like it, not sure why. I'm only 2 hours or so into it and I can see that it's not an exceptional game but the visuals are very nice and playing it with the Japanese dialog track seems to work.

Anyway, my point. Anyone know where to buy game guides on the cheap. I like to play rpg's with a guide (I read the guide after I finish a section to make sure I didn't miss anything.) I looked on ebay but of course all the guides are selling with the game as a package. Where do game guides go to die? Gamestops NEVER seem to discount them, even guides for ancient games.

Worst case I think I'll buy the PDF version from Prima, only $14.99.

Any ideas? Thanks for any input.

[quote name='dingo_stole_mybaby']gamefaqs.com has downloadable fan written guides as well as useful forums.[/quote]that was the site I was going to say.XD

There's a trading guide thread in the trade forums. Gamefaqs is not for everybody as some people like to own the actual guide, instead of having to search through tons of text on guides on gamefaqs. Alternatively, on half.com you will find some guides reasonably priced.

If you don't need to own it, but just use it for periods of time, you could try your library and see what guides they have there. Any pages you want to keep for reference, you could photocopy.

Thanks for the ideas.

Yeah, GameFaqs is always an option but like alot of you I game in a room (living room) away from my computer, so nothing beats a real book in my hands. I don't look at guides for any other games than RPG's. Who buys those guides for say, Rock Band or Madden, anyway?

I can't seem to find the Blue Dragon guide anywhere on the Gamestop website, did you mean you saw it in the B & M store Josef? I'll take a look.

I never thought of the library idea, very CAG-ish idea, brianmoy.

Anyway, no big deal if I don't get it. I got Blue Dragon for only $9.99 (I worked at a Gamestop a couple years ago, still use their the Microsoft "Retail Training" website for cheap Microsoft games) after all. May not get around to playing through the whole thing before Lost Oddyssey comes.

Thanks.

bread's done
Back