Any OnLive game for 1 Dollar if FB Fans reach 62,791 by Saturday

acsguitar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
OnLive just posted this on their twitter page:
https://twitter.com/#!/OnLive

"Yes, MJ made a bet. We need to grow our FB followers to 62,791. If we do, all US users get any game for $1. "
Facebook Page
http://www.facebook.com/OnLive

Currently they are about 10k short. I'd assume if they don't get the 10k they'll probably do the Dollar deal as well but thats just a thought.

Anyways go like that page for the sake of me getting space marines for 1 dollar. ha

Updated from a employee of OnLive's Twitter

"Help me win a bet with my manager! If OnLive gets to 62,791 FB fans on Sat, US players get their next game for $1!"
https://twitter.com/#!/MJensen

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='praxus07']Maybe if my TV had an HDMI port, which it unfortunately doesn't. I don't even think there's any kind of output to tv port on the pc. Nor is the PC located anywhere near the TV. So the only option would be the Onlive unit, and from what I see that's HDMI only as well. And onlive is wired ethernet. Don't want to run that through the house either.[/QUOTE]

It comes with an HDMI cable but you can purchase a component adapter for $30 from onlive.

[quote name='sp00ge']I can't decide on my $1 game. It's a toss-up between Borderlands GOTY or Tropico 4.[/QUOTE]

warhammer space marine is fun too :)

[quote name='sp00ge']I can't decide on my $1 game. It's a toss-up between Borderlands GOTY or Tropico 4.[/QUOTE]

I would go with Tropico 4. Borderlands GOTY can usually be found for around $10-$20. Where as Tropico 4 came out a few months ago and is still $50 everywhere. I also think Tropico is just a better "PC game". Just my opinions though.

[quote name='iRandom']This deal is still live? Anyone able to purchase DE HR AE for $1 without having to contact CS for price adjustment?[/QUOTE]

Yes and yes. I purchased Deus Ex AE for 90 cents and it came with the original Deus Ex.

[quote name='Honeybaked Ham']Not sure if anyone has noticed but Bastion is now available Onlive and it qualifies for the $1 deal. Pretty cool they released it before their deal ended.[/QUOTE]

Hey, thanks for pointing this out. Used this deal to buy Bastion, couldn't settle on any other game being worth use of the service.

[quote name='momouchi']DX:HR is a good choice for this if you haven't played it. I hooked my laptop up to the TV and it looks and plays great.[/QUOTE]

I already own it... and I'm finding it quite boring. Had it since the week it came out and I'm still just in China.

Word on the street (twitter) is that OnLive will be offering 5 games free to play starting later today through the end of Monday. I can't find an official word but the list seems to be Amnesia: The Dark Descent, F.E.A.R. 3, Metro 2033, Orcs Must Die, and a mystery game. I can't find an official word, but @OrcsMustDie tweeted that their game would be free from the service so I assume it's legit.

EDIT: Details have emerged at OnLiveFans.com.

From today at 4pm PT/7pm ET/Midnight BT through Monday, October 31st at Midnight, PDT these four games will be available to play on the service for Free. This deal is valid in both the U.S. and the UK.

In addition to this extraordinary offer, if you “Like” OnLive on Facebook via their Facebook page, you can play a 5th mystery game, which will be announced on Halloween, for free as well.

[quote name='louiedog']Word on the street (twitter) is that OnLive will be offering 5 games free to play starting later today through the end of Monday. I can't find an official word but the list seems to be Amnesia: The Dark Descent, F.E.A.R. 3, Metro 2033, Orcs Must Die, and a mystery game. I can't find an official word, but @OrcsMustDie tweeted that their game would be free from the service so I assume it's legit.

From today at 4pm PT/7pm ET/Midnight BT through Monday, October 31st at Midnight, PDT these four games will be available to play on the service for Free. This deal is valid in both the U.S. and the UK.

In addition to this extraordinary offer, if you “Like” OnLive on Facebook via their Facebook page, you can play a 5th mystery game, which will be announced on Halloween, for free as well.[/QUOTE]

Awesome.

Does anyone know how long the one dollar deal lasts? Taking a risk waiting for LOTR War in the north, it comes out this Tuesday. If it expires really soon I would just get Warhammer Space Marine.

[quote name='Dark Rider']I would go with Tropico 4. Borderlands GOTY can usually be found for around $10-$20. Where as Tropico 4 came out a few months ago and is still $50 everywhere. I also think Tropico is just a better "PC game". Just my opinions though.[/QUOTE]

I ended up getting both. My fiance ended up making her own account, so I got one and she got the other.

[quote name='louiedog']Word on the street (twitter) is that OnLive will be offering 5 games free to play starting later today through the end of Monday. I can't find an official word but the list seems to be Amnesia: The Dark Descent, F.E.A.R. 3, Metro 2033, Orcs Must Die, and a mystery game. I can't find an official word, but @OrcsMustDie tweeted that their game would be free from the service so I assume it's legit.

In addition to this extraordinary offer, if you “Like” OnLive on Facebook via their Facebook page, you can play a 5th mystery game, which will be announced on Halloween, for free as well.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, I always wanted to play Metro. The games are all live right now too, seems you just purchase a 3 day pass for 0.00. Free is always a good deal.

[quote name='SamuraiINC']Does anyone know how long the one dollar deal lasts? Taking a risk waiting for LOTR War in the north, it comes out this Tuesday. If it expires really soon I would just get Warhammer Space Marine.[/QUOTE]

I looked all over the website and couldn't find an exact date. Be careful.

[quote name='M_F_A_H']I looked all over the website and couldn't find an exact date. Be careful.[/QUOTE]

It lasts till October 30th 11:59pm PDT. It says so right in the email. Tuesday is November 1st so no, you won't be able to get LOTR for $1.

[quote name='Buuhan1']It lasts till October 30th 11:59pm PDT. It says so right in the email. Tuesday is November 1st so no, you won't be able to get LOTR for $1.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. Guess I'll be getting Space Marine.

[quote name='jmillion']looks like they passed it already[/QUOTE]

WHAT?! You better be kidding, I was just about to say "screw it" and bite on Space Marine. It isn't even the 30th yet.

So I bit on Space Marine before trying Onlive. Not sure if it is worth it or not with the quality being the way it is. It is quite blury and maybe it is just me, but there is also a bit of lag. Worst case, I'm down a $1.

[quote name='foreinter']Is Dirt 3 a good game? I already owned Deus Ex. I can't decide between Space Marine and Dirt 3.[/QUOTE]

Dirt 3 is very pretty and fast. Definitely give it a try first because I can see that game experience suffering a lot on that service without a really great connection.

[quote name='foreinter']Is Dirt 3 a good game? I already owned Deus Ex. I can't decide between Space Marine and Dirt 3.[/QUOTE]

You can always try it out for 30 minutes or even watch someone play it in the Arena. I ended up taking Deus Ex but I'm too busy playing the free rental weekend instead heh. This service definitely surprised me, I didn't think it would be as cool as it is :hot:

Ended up picking up Space Marine and found that the lack of lag was pretty surprising. Should be a fun game to mess around with for $1.

Picked up the Deus Ex: Human Revolution Augmented Edition. Don't forget to go into the OnLive website and log in to get the free extras. Click on My Stuff and download the following:

• Making-of video
  • Art Book
  • E3 Trailer
  • Motion Comic Book
  • Game Soundtrack
  • Animated Storyboard

This, for me, is by far the best deal though there were other tantalizing ones, too.

Does anyone know how the halloween free rentals work? Do the rentals all expire on monday or do they expire 3 days after you activate it (meaning if you activate it on monday you keep it till wednesday).

[quote name='RockMySocks10']Does anyone know how the halloween free rentals work? Do the rentals all expire on monday or do they expire 3 days after you activate it (meaning if you activate it on monday you keep it till wednesday).[/QUOTE]

I went on there last night and went to one of the games and it said 3-day Pass (100% off), I just went there again, 24 hours later, and it still says 3-day Pass (100% off). I guess we'll see come Monday.

[quote name='Escargoexpress']Hm..is the one dollar deal over? I can't seem to find any information[/QUOTE]

Still on for me, decided on Deus Ex.

[quote name='RockMySocks10']Does anyone know how the halloween free rentals work? Do the rentals all expire on monday or do they expire 3 days after you activate it (meaning if you activate it on monday you keep it till wednesday).[/QUOTE]

It works for 3 days after you click purchase.

[quote name='justinbarnhill']i tried if for the free weekend...i have issues w/my ISP making the service pretty much useless.

i have a coupon code for 98% of any purchase on there (not the $1 first game...i picked up a title w/that and found the game unplayable) i wish i could use the code...a triple A title for $1 would be nice...orcs must die was totaling out for 30 cents, but i tried the demo first and the lag was just too harsh.

lmk if anyone is interested in buying/trading for it...i guess i'll just have to stick w/steam[/QUOTE]

Were you using a wireless connection or wired?

wired....im in a rural area so that could have something todo w/it.

my machine is beefy enough to play just about any new game so the service itself isn't really all that much a draw to me. cheap games are, but only if they are playable.

i like the concept....but it just isn't "there" for me yet....if i had better internet connectivity..maybe....

bread's done
Back