Any OnLive game for 1 Dollar if FB Fans reach 62,791 by Saturday

acsguitar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
OnLive just posted this on their twitter page:
https://twitter.com/#!/OnLive

"Yes, MJ made a bet. We need to grow our FB followers to 62,791. If we do, all US users get any game for $1. "
Facebook Page
http://www.facebook.com/OnLive

Currently they are about 10k short. I'd assume if they don't get the 10k they'll probably do the Dollar deal as well but thats just a thought.

Anyways go like that page for the sake of me getting space marines for 1 dollar. ha

Updated from a employee of OnLive's Twitter

"Help me win a bet with my manager! If OnLive gets to 62,791 FB fans on Sat, US players get their next game for $1!"
https://twitter.com/#!/MJensen

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='the_lonely_bird3']To receive the coupon do you have to only have been a member or actually made purchases? I have tried several demos on Onlive but never made a purchase.[/QUOTE]

I think you need to have made a purchase, but if you didn't your first purchase should be $1 anyway, so you don't need the promo code.

[quote name='zeke222']I bought the deus ex hr augmented addition. Anyone know how to access the deus ex goty that comes with it?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm wondering about that too.. I don't see how you access it, or if it even really came with it..

I picked up Deus Ex Augmented Edition for 90 cents!

Also, for the people asking, I see the original Deus Ex in my "My Games" list on the dashboard. Check there.

[quote name='sunghost']I think you need to have made a purchase, but if you didn't your first purchase should be $1 anyway, so you don't need the promo code.[/QUOTE]

Thanks I noticed that. If you search for Deus Ex in the marketplace bar you will find the Augmented Edition. I am in between that, Space Marine, Orcs Must Die, and Borderlands GOTY.

You got the coupon if you made a purchase before. If not then your first purchase is $1. I think it is temp till next week. I am holding on to my coupon incase something comes out next week. I am leaning toward Warhammer though.

[quote name='M_F_A_H']I picked up Deus Ex Augmented Edition for 90 cents!

Also, for the people asking, I see the original Deus Ex in my "My Games" list on the dashboard. Check there.[/QUOTE]

I don't see the original Deus Ex in My Games list and I purchased the Augmented Edition.

For those who bought the Augmented Edition of Deus Ex and are looking for the GOTY of the first one it is only a demo they give you. At least according to my receipt:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Augmented Edition - Full PlayPass $1.00
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Standard Edition - Full PlayPass $0.00
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Downloadable Bonus Content - Full PlayPass $0.00
Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition - Demo $0.00

Also do I have to play the DLC separate or is it integrated in the game already? Is it major to the story I just want to make sure I get the right experience my first time through.

I'm leaning towards The Witcher: Enhanced Edition largely cause it seems to be the only game of interest on there that I don't have access to play on a console. Does anyone know if the version on OnLive has the uncensored patch built in?

[quote name='the_lonely_bird3']For those who bought the Augmented Edition of Deus Ex and are looking for the GOTY of the first one it is only a demo they give you. At least according to my receipt:

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Augmented Edition - Full PlayPass $1.00
Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition - Demo $0.00

Also do I have to play the DLC separate or is it integrated in the game already? Is it major to the story I just want to make sure I get the right experience my first time through.[/QUOTE]

Just a heads up. I do not believe the Augmented edition will get you the Missing Linki DLC. I reordered the augmented edition and was not given the Missing Link when it came out, consequently I purchased the Missing Link DLC for 30 cents with this deal

the_lonely_bird3, here's my receipt:
----------
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Augmented Edition - Full PlayPass $59.99
Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition - Full PlayPass $0.00

Sub-Total: $59.99
Discount: $59.09
Tax: $0.00
Total: $0.90
----------
Difference is, is that I've had an account for a while, had made previous purchases, and used the promo code they sent me. Looks like you were a new user, especially with the $1 DXHR.

DXGotY shows up in my 'My Games' section.

Yeah.. Deus Ex Game of the Year not appearing in "My Games" may be some weird bug. I contacted them via live chat and they said they'll have their billing department look into it and email me. I didn't see anything when purchasing the game that said it'd be a demo.

Hmmm, perhaps it is because it is my first purchase? I may shoot them an email, is the first one worth it? i am new to the series overall and I got this game because I figures I would never try on PS3.

[quote name='the_lonely_bird3']Hmmm, perhaps it is because it is my first purchase? I may shoot them an email, is the first one worth it? i am new to the series overall and I got this game because I figures I would never try on PS3.[/QUOTE]

Do you have a Deus Ex GotY demo or anything Deus Ex GotY related on your games list? Because I have absolutely nothing, but that was also my first "purchase" on OnLive.

i thought onlive was monthly-subscription-based? if i buy a game for $1, it's mine to keep and play whenever i want to, without additional fees?

[quote name='sunghost']Do you have a Deus Ex GotY demo or anything Deus Ex GotY related on your games list? Because I have absolutely nothing, but that was also my first "purchase" on OnLive.[/QUOTE]

No just the DX:HR. I can't find it listed on onlive that it should come with it but it seems others have got it. It may be the first purchase $1 thing.

[quote name='the_lonely_bird3']No just the DX:HR. I can't find it listed on onlive that it should come with it but it seems others have got it. It may be the first purchase $1 thing.[/QUOTE]

Right after I posted that I checked my email and they fixed it for me. Deus Ex GotY shows up in my games list. I'd recommend doing the same thing I did and use their live chat to explain your situation.

[quote name='Darknuke']anyone know if Arkham City is gonna be on OnLive before the 30th? Would LOVE to get that for $1[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm hoping for as well.

[quote name='XenoNinjaX']i thought onlive was monthly-subscription-based? if i buy a game for $1, it's mine to keep and play whenever i want to, without additional fees?[/QUOTE]

Yes... If you buy a Full Playpass (which is what this $1 offer is all about), then that game is your to "keep" as long as you want.

Of course, this means as long as its in the Onlive system, if they remove the game, you lose it as well, since you never actually downloaded the game in the first place. Technically, you pay for the ability to play the game any time you want on their service.

[quote name='Darknuke']anyone know if Arkham City is gonna be on OnLive before the 30th? Would LOVE to get that for $1[/QUOTE]

PC version releases Nov 15.

Just played the demo for Space Marines. If nothing else catches my attention before the end date, I'm going to pick this up. There were some people watching me play so it made more competitive, lol.

To all those who ordered deus ex hr augmented edition, it appears you will have to contact onlive support to get deus ex goty added to your list of games

[quote name='Dysheekie']Yep[/QUOTE]

Too late, bought Assassins' Creed: Brotherhood :D Played the first game years ago and found the concept to be great but the execution terrible. Hoping two sequels has been kind to the series.

[quote name='zeke222']To all those who ordered deus ex hr augmented edition, it appears you will have to contact onlive support to get deus ex goty added to your list of games[/QUOTE]

I just bought it an hour and a half ago and it's in my game list.

they probably corrected the problem now. When i talked to customer service, they said several other people emailed them about the same problem.

[quote name='Animefalcon']I havent used onlive before do they give you a CD KEY for games that use DRM ontop of them like GFWL or securom[/QUOTE]

No, you play the game via their server.

Just a heads up for those who didn't get the DX GOTY with their purchase I contacted Onlive support and they said they will not be able to get it corrected till early next week for me. So if you have not had it corrected yet it may be a bit.

i'm wondering this too!

I just liked it... how do I get a code?

EDIT: Nevermind. Now my issue is that the Augmented Edition is showing up $1 on the menu, but when you select it it is $44.99. Any ideas?

The Augmented Edition went down to $1 after adding it to my cart. I thought the same thing because it changes from $1 to $44.99 when you click on it.

Yeah, it shows up 44.99 when you select it from the list, but goes to $1 when you add it. I figured dropping a dollar on that wasn't a bad investment.

[quote name='SynGamer']Too late, bought Assassins' Creed: Brotherhood :D Played the first game years ago and found the concept to be great but the execution terrible. Hoping two sequels has been kind to the series.[/QUOTE]

I haven't played Brotherhood, but AC2 is a massive step up in pretty much every way from the original game. I would assume Brotherhood would be just as good.

I have no idea why I just bought Deus Ex. I could play it on my PC maxed out. But for $1, why not. Not sure when I will ever play an onlive game since I have consoles and a PC right here. Maybe at my gfs house.
Damn you onlive, you get $1, and I get Deus Ex sitting on my account.

edit: Also, saw some people on another forum bummed they get an error trying to add a CC to their account because they have it attached to another one. Guess they wanted to buy multiple $1 games on multiple accounts. Can you just delete it from your old account and then buy another $1 game? Or will it still give the same error since the CC was used once on another account? Didn't see any way to delete it on the billing page.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']I have no idea why I just bought Deus Ex. I could play it on my PC maxed out. But for $1, why not. Not sure when I will ever play an onlive game since I have consoles and a PC right here. Maybe at my gfs house.
Damn you onlive, you get $1, and I get Deus Ex sitting on my account.

edit: Also, saw some people on another forum bummed they get an error trying to add a CC to their account because they have it attached to another one. Guess they wanted to buy multiple $1 games on multiple accounts. Can you just delete it from your old account and then buy another $1 game? Or will it still give the same error since the CC was used once on another account? Didn't see any way to delete it on the billing page.[/QUOTE]

The only way to delete a credit card is to delete your entire account and lose all your games and such. Or by invalidating the billing information.

it's tempting to go straight for the more expensive games, but I've already played alot of Deus Ex and AC Brotherhood... I might have to go for something I can't play on my consoles, maybe The Witcher?

I've always been wary of onlive, since their service launched without much fanfare, and the offers they've had always felt like desperate measures to build up a subscriber base.
But for this price, and my lack of a gaming pc these days, I think I'm going to give this a shot

I picked up Deus Ex: HR Augmented Edition for 70¢ because I'm a playpack subscriber. I got the playpack sub for free a month ago, so it was totally worth it.

It works decently on the microconsole given out at PAX, but that's probably just because I'm using a wireless bridge.

Ended up getting screwed over on the promotion.
I got the email saying that any game I add to my account will be 1 dollar.
Ended up adding space marine and got charged 49.99

Now I have to deal with chat to see what they can do.
Really hate how they don't have a phone help line and the chat service says people are online even though no one is.

[quote name='Jawmuncher']Ended up getting screwed over on the promotion.
I got the email saying that any game I add to my account will be 1 dollar.
Ended up adding space marine and got charged 49.99

Now I have to deal with chat to see what they can do.
Really hate how they don't have a phone help line and the chat service says people are online even though no one is.[/QUOTE]

Did it show as $1 in your cart and you got charged $50 or did the coupon end up not working?

That's where it messed up.
I didn't know I needed a coupon, because the email they sent me was add the game and get it for a dollar.

My account somehow fell through the cracks and got screwed. I'm guessing the automated email saw I never bought a game so that's why I got that email. But the actual promotion saw that I owned 2 games so It wanted me to use a code.

bread's done
Back