Any OnLive game for 1 Dollar if FB Fans reach 62,791 by Saturday

acsguitar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
OnLive just posted this on their twitter page:
https://twitter.com/#!/OnLive

"Yes, MJ made a bet. We need to grow our FB followers to 62,791. If we do, all US users get any game for $1. "
Facebook Page
http://www.facebook.com/OnLive

Currently they are about 10k short. I'd assume if they don't get the 10k they'll probably do the Dollar deal as well but thats just a thought.

Anyways go like that page for the sake of me getting space marines for 1 dollar. ha

Updated from a employee of OnLive's Twitter

"Help me win a bet with my manager! If OnLive gets to 62,791 FB fans on Sat, US players get their next game for $1!"
https://twitter.com/#!/MJensen

Last edited by a moderator:
Just posted from Onlive:

This just in…My manager hates to lose, too, so he decided to up the ante. If we can keep the Likes going, he’ll keep the $1 deal going—and all new OnLive users will get their first OnLive game for $1! Spread the word… For the win! For those who have already purchased a game, you code will be emailed out soon! -OnLive MJ

Wait, so new users are seeing games for $1?

They just sent out this message on FB and Twitter:

This just in…My manager hates to lose, too, so he decided to up the ante. If we can keep the Likes going, he’ll keep the $1 deal going—and all new OnLive users will get their first OnLive game for $1! Spread the word… For the win! For those who have already purchased a game, you code will be emailed out soon! -OnLive MJ

[quote name='vlv723']Looks like it's a promo for all newcomers to OnLive according to the "Showcase" tab on the menu.

Guess us existing users like me have to wait for the promo code to show up in our inboxes.[/QUOTE]

I'm an existing user--although I've only ever redeemed codes for free stuff, never actually bought anything, so maybe I still count as a first-timer?

[quote name='mokmoof']I'm an existing user--although I've only ever redeemed codes for free stuff, never actually bought anything, so maybe I still count as a first-timer?[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same situation. Only redeemed codes, no purchases. I don't even have a CC on file. I see the $1 prices.

[quote name='mokmoof']I'm an existing user--although I've only ever redeemed codes for free stuff, never actually bought anything, so maybe I still count as a first-timer?[/QUOTE]

Bingo. Since you didn't buy any full playpass, you're eligible.

Basically they are going to give everyone a $1 game. New users and existing but existing users will be emailed a code to redeem.

If you really want to, you could make another account but spread the word. I have been using OnLive because my TV is broken and this works great. I just plug a Xbox 360 controller into my computer.

They do need to get more partnerships and the more users they have the better. I doubt we will see EA or Activision with them but they seem to be friendly with Ubisoft and THQ. They also have games on sale everyday or week. Right now they have Duke Nukem Forever for $5 (not the best game) but I got Assassin's Creed II, Darksiders and Mafia II for $5 each. Not bad at all. Sure the games are a little old but well below any used price.

I want to get the Playback Pass too once I finish some games because it seems like a good deal. Something Microsoft should really look into with Xbox Live. Basically it is older games but you pay $10 a month to play them.

Why don't the LEGO games support split-screen? They do on Steam, so it's not the PC build. Is it an OnLive restriction? Are there any local co-op games on the service?

[quote name='louiedog']Why don't the LEGO games support split-screen? They do on Steam, so it's not the PC build. Is it an OnLive restriction? Are there any local co-op games on the service?[/QUOTE]

No idea. I am pretty sure all games are PC builds but it is possible Steam has a different version. May want to ask them yourself, they seem pretty active with replying to people. I have seen people play a LEGO game multiplayer and it did split screen when people were away from one another.

[quote name='Setzer_XVI']Got Deus Ex: HR Augmented Edition for a dollar, woot OnLive.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for reminding me that I can get the "augmented" extras for no extra pennies!

[quote name='bingbangboom']No idea. I am pretty sure all games are PC builds but it is possible Steam has a different version. May want to ask them yourself, they seem pretty active with replying to people. I have seen people play a LEGO game multiplayer and it did split screen when people were away from one another.[/QUOTE]

Despite the marketplace listing of "single player" it does in fact let me play with two people in the trial.

Just got DE:HR for $1 (thanks BTW), but the framerate is not really that playable, and to top it off, 687mb used in the first 10 minutes. If you have DL caps, you should reconsider if you want to use this service.

[quote name='bnizzle']Just got DE:HR for $1 (thanks BTW), but the framerate is not really that playable, and to top it off, 687mb used in the first 10 minutes. If you have DL caps, you should reconsider if you want to use this service.[/QUOTE]

Ouch. That's like downloading a full game from Steam every 90 minutes. How fast is your connection? I'm sure someone with a 25 Mbps connection that gives a better quality image is streaming more data than someone with 6 Mbps DSL.

Just got my code, and because I'm a PlayPack subscriber, the 30% discount was also applied...picked up Warhammer Space Marine for $0.70!! I fucking love OnLive!

Don't know what to pick up with my code. Either the Missing Link DLC, Orcs must Die or Dirt 3. (I own many other games on the system already, such as Deus Ex and Batman)

Update on how much bandwidth this uses. I have 6 Mbps DSL and according to NetMeter I've used just under 300 MB in the last 10 minutes.

I had created a new account yesterday when i saw the deal on facebook. I was able to use a new credit card with this account and buy a second $1 game

[quote name='louiedog']Update on how much bandwidth this uses. I have 6 Mbps DSL and according to NetMeter I've used just under 300 MB in the last 10 minutes.[/QUOTE]

6 mbps is just above the recommended threshold. how big is your tv (or are you on a pc)

Hmm I didn't get a code yet... I wonder why...

EDIT: I lied, got the code. Got Warhammer 40k: Space Marines for a buck. Awesome deal.

[quote name='acsguitar']6 mbps is just above the recommended threshold. how big is your tv (or are you on a pc)[/QUOTE]

PC. Sitting 18" away in full screen at 1080p resolution it looks fine but occasionally goes a bit blurry.

[quote name='louiedog']PC. Sitting 18" away in full screen at 1080p resolution it looks fine but occasionally goes a bit blurry.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I Misread the post where you were quoting the guy saying its not playable as you typing that.

Mine can get blury as well which is making me want to go towards space marines rather then dirt 3 as I love the graphics in the dirt games

Got Deus Ex: HR Augmented Edition for 90 cents! Very sweet deal, and it includes the original Deus Ex: GOTY Edition too.

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']Got Deus Ex: HR Augmented Edition for 90 cents! Very sweet deal, and it includes the original Deus Ex: GOTY Edition too.[/QUOTE]

How do you access Deus Ex: GOTY? I purchased the Augmented edition as well, and can't seem to find a link anywhere.

[quote name='Relysis']How do you access Deus Ex: GOTY? I purchased the Augmented edition as well, and can't seem to find a link anywhere.[/QUOTE]
Go here - https://www.onlive.com/games/extras/deus-ex-human-revolution or you can log into your account and go to My Stuff, but I think that link should take you right to the downloadable extras if you've bought it.

Edit - Whoops, misread your post - it should show up in the My Games section either above or below DE:HR.

I haven't seen the answer to this question but would I be able to get 2 $1 games, one for my first purchase and the other from the general $1 game everyone gets or is it just the $1 game for being my first purchase? Thanks

[quote name='fortunado']Wait so if you've bought a game before you don't get a game for $1?[/QUOTE]

If you've bought something before you get a promo code emailed to you for 98% off. If you have never made a purchase all of the prices for your first game purchase will be $1 automatically for you

Gotcha; just waiting for my code then. Anyone know if it works on pre-orders?

EDIT: Nm, no code needed. All games show up for $1 for me right now.

[quote name='fortunado']Gotcha; just waiting for my code then. Anyone know if it works on pre-orders?

EDIT: Nm, no code needed. All games show up for $1 for me right now.[/QUOTE]

Then I'm assuming you havent made a purchase previously. And no it does not work on PreOrders. If you have other accounts for whatever reason it seems like you could get multiple games for $1 apiece

[quote name='xenozfan2']How long will this last? I won't be at my house until tomorrow and the wifi where I am is too slow to launch the onlive app.[/QUOTE]

The coupon I got says it expires on the 30th.

I'm glad I read this thread. I was going to get the Standard Edition of Deus Ex, because I didn't know the Augmented Edition was also offered.

To receive the coupon do you have to only have been a member or actually made purchases? I have tried several demos on Onlive but never made a purchase.

I currently have a free OnLive account with a few freebies here and there (Amnesia, Humble Indie Bundle Stuff, etc).

This is a pretty sweet deal but before I gave them any payment information and be a "payed" member I was curious about their payment information removal policy.

Pretty much once you have a credit card registered onto your account the only way to remove it is to either update it to a different credit card or close your account completely and loose all your game passes and data.

From their own FAQ
How do I remove my credit card information from my OnLive Account?

You have the option to Close your Account at any time. Closing your Account will remove your credit card information and will permanently remove all player data, including your Player Tag, any saved game data, active PlayPasses and any promo codes or credits.

Also
http://onlivefans.com/showthread.php?7572-How-delete-my-credit-Card-infromation

Just a heads up.

bread's done
Back