Any OnLive game for 1 Dollar if FB Fans reach 62,791 by Saturday

acsguitar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
OnLive just posted this on their twitter page:
https://twitter.com/#!/OnLive

"Yes, MJ made a bet. We need to grow our FB followers to 62,791. If we do, all US users get any game for $1. "
Facebook Page
http://www.facebook.com/OnLive

Currently they are about 10k short. I'd assume if they don't get the 10k they'll probably do the Dollar deal as well but thats just a thought.

Anyways go like that page for the sake of me getting space marines for 1 dollar. ha

Updated from a employee of OnLive's Twitter

"Help me win a bet with my manager! If OnLive gets to 62,791 FB fans on Sat, US players get their next game for $1!"
https://twitter.com/#!/MJensen

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have Facebook, but I have a gamer friend who does and ask him for a "like" towards this deal. Besides,, didn't Batman: Arkham City just came out two days ago?.

61,762 there now, a couple hours after their challenge. That means 2 days to get 1000 more.

I see a $1 game in our future. I'm thinking space marine. Does anyone know if multiplayer on onlive goes over the regular pc servers? Or is against other onlive users?

^arkham city came out on consoles 2 days ago. pc is another week or two

[quote name='lockarm']I don't have Facebook, but I have a gamer friend who does and ask him for a "like" towards this deal. Besides,, didn't Batman: Arkham City just came out two days ago?.[/QUOTE]
Consoles, yes.

Not on the PC yet.
PC version coming out Nov. 15th.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']I'd be willing to pick up Warhammer, Red Faction: Armageddon, or even revisit Splinter Cell conviction for a dollar! You can't even buy a 20oz Mountain Dew for that anymore![/QUOTE]

If this was cheapassshopper I'd inform you that a 20oz is the worst purchase you could make. It costs more than a 2 liter and often times a 3 liter.

Is Rage (PC) on OnLive?

OnLive is just for streaming-and-playing, right?
There's no extra option to DL the game to your PC hard drive, right?

[quote name='MysterD']Is Rage (PC) on OnLive?

OnLive is just for streaming-and-playing, right?
There's no extra option to DL the game to your PC hard drive, right?[/QUOTE]
just streaming

[quote name='Terlan']just streaming[/QUOTE]

If OnLive supported both streaming and download-game-to-HDD, that would be great. :)
Unfortunately, I guess they don't... :(

[quote name='Woot1337']So, now that we got it. Do these guys take paypal?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Too bad, I would prefer it. This is all of the payment info from their FAQ.

What are the acceptable payment types?
We accept U.S. MasterCard, Visa and Discover. All payments are in U.S. dollars.
What about debit cards?
We accept check cards (debit cards with a MasterCard or Visa or Discover logo). If a PIN is required to use your card, it is not eligible as a payment type.

[quote name='louiedog']Nope. Too bad, I would prefer it. This is all of the payment info from their FAQ.

What are the acceptable payment types?
We accept U.S. MasterCard, Visa and Discover. All payments are in U.S. dollars.
What about debit cards?
We accept check cards (debit cards with a MasterCard or Visa or Discover logo). If a PIN is required to use your card, it is not eligible as a payment type.[/QUOTE]

Shame. Thanks for the prompt response though :D

This is awesome. Here's hoping that Arkham City can be part of the deal. Otherwise it'll probably be Deus Ex:HR for me. Thanks for helping spread the word, OP!

So let me get this straight. We're all getting a coupon to buy a PlayPack game for $1, right? That means games not in the PlayPack, like Human Revolution, wouldn't be eligible for the promo, right?

[quote name='NeoGutsman']This is awesome. Here's hoping that Arkham City can be part of the deal. Otherwise it'll probably be Deus Ex:HR for me. Thanks for helping spread the word, OP![/QUOTE]

Going by the UK's £1 sale pre-orders won't count and it'll expire before Arkham City comes out. War in the North is coming to OnLive and should hit PCs on the first, but they still have it listed as Q4 with no specific date so that may not be an option either. That means we're probably limited to the games that are currently on the marketplace right now as the only other pre-order is Saints Row and that's the 15th.

Saints Row would be my top choice because of its poor PC optimization history amd my mediocre gaming laptop. Batman would be second. If its only games out now I'm definitely going with Deus Ex over 40K, I'm noy sure my connection is suitable for an FPS.

REMINDER TO ALL CAGS: If you're unsure of how the game will run take advantage of the free trial period, especially with latency sensitive genres like shooters and racing games. Your progress will carry over should you choose to buy it.

nice, cant wait to get the coupon tomorrow. Hopefully its good past the 15th, but I'm not counting on it. Already have DE: HR and Red Faction Armageddon so if it isnt good til Batman or Saints Row comes out I'll probably use this on Space Marine or AC Brotherhood cause those are like the only other newer games on there I dont have

Hrm... I really dunno what to get. A lot of us gamers wish every game was $1... but it's funny when it actually happens we can't make up our minds!

Is there a game that can be played without too much trouble, even if there's lag added to it? I say this because I tried playing Batman AA, but it was janky since my connection isn't the best. But I have also played Alpha Protocol and Lara Croft, and they felt much better.

Does Deus EX require extreme precision?

[quote name='Sir Daniel Fortesque']Is there a game that can be played without too much trouble, even if there's lag added to it? I say this because I tried playing Batman AA, but it was janky since my connection isn't the best. But I have also played Alpha Protocol and Lara Croft, and they felt much better.

Does Deus EX require extreme precision?[/QUOTE]

I have the same problem. Batman, Space Marine, and Borderlands all gave me trouble. I haven't tried using a wired connection, but the location of my router means I'm not going to be playing that way anyway so no point. Braid, World of Goo, Trine, and other similar games work great. I tried out Tropico 3 and it worked well too. I own Tropico 4 on Steam, but I'm thinking it'd be worth $1 to be able to play it on my laptop as well. Too bad I can't transfer saves back and forth.

Deus Ex would depend on how you play it. I've already gone through 1.5x on the 360 and I played very stealthily. I imagine it'd work fine when played that way because precision and quick action don't really come into it. If you expect to get into firefights it would probably be less fun using OnLive.

I don't think that the settings are really dependent on your own hardware, but rather on your internet connection. I think that the model is more like streaming video where the actual hardware is on the onlive side.

[quote name='Silence4520']is there a game thats the best and can run on my video card which is a 512Mb card nvidia geforce g210?[/QUOTE]

Video Card barely has anything to do with Onlive.

[quote name='bnizzle']I don't think that the settings are really dependent on your own hardware, but rather on your internet connection. I think that the model is more like streaming video where the actual hardware is on the onlive side.[/QUOTE]

This. It depends entirely on your internet connection, even old junker PCs can play a new 2011 game via OnLive without a problem as long as your internet connection is good. Well, you of course need enough RAM and specs to handle the OnLive application itself and play streaming video decently. If you can't watch YouTube without a fuss then chances are OnLive isn't going to be ideal.

I tried out Batman when I had my good 24mbps Download internet and it was definitely playable, but still not 100% as responsive as a hard copy. I now have only 12mbps Download so I'm a little afraid to see what it's like now...

[quote name='Silence4520']is there a game thats the best and can run on my video card which is a 512Mb card nvidia geforce g210?[/QUOTE]

As long as your video card is above 32 MB and supports Direct3D, you're good to go for any game.

I only have a 3mbps connection, and it's pretty much unplayable. Fear 3 was like staring into the aftermath of a kegger combined with food poisoning.

I haave a 25mbps connection via WiFi in my house, but when I play OnLive its usually on the console so I'm sure its a little higher there. I did play through the entire Deus Ex: HR game on my console and had no issues with it whatsoever. My biggest complaint so far because I havent had connection difficulties is the fact that you cant see how much juice is left in your controller battery til its basically dead

hoping deux ex is, if I can't hold onto it till saints / batman comes out then it's my 3rd choice.

And there are system requirements, buddy of mine has like a 10 year old pc and his wont run it, but he has a 20mb connection (console gamer)

via wifi w/ my laptop or via the console, it runs fine on my connection which is 15mb, speed tests usually show me at ~10mb tho

My Onlive Experience:

My MSI Netbook (with Win 7 home 2 GB Ram etc) stuttered like crazy and lagged. It has problems streaming HD Video though.

I got the console for free by preordering the war of the north game for like 35 bucks. It works WAY better. I get about 14 downspeed and am playing on a 32 Inch TV.

The BIGGER THE TV THE FASTER THE CONNECTION NEEDED

5 Megs down is the recommended speed. 12 should be fine as thats technically what I'm supposed to have.

You CAN plug in your mouse and keyboard and play many games (you actually have to for some games)

As for Lag play the game for 30 minutes first! Then you can see if the specific game lags for you.

Overall its a cool system

[quote name='Ravaged']Website isn't even letting me play any of the free trials. Anyone else have a similar problem?[/QUOTE]

You dont play on the website. you have to download the app onto your computer or play from the console. its not browser based

[quote name='MrshllJcb']You dont play on the website. you have to download the app onto your computer or play from the console. its not browser based[/QUOTE]

Ain't that just the darndest thing? I figured that clicking play on the website would bring the app up or something, but actually finding the app on my computer and playing from there works too.

Thanks. I'm an idiot.

[quote name='Ravaged']Ain't that just the darndest thing? I figured that clicking play on the website would bring the app up or something, but actually finding the app on my computer and playing from there works too.

Thanks. I'm an idiot.[/QUOTE]

No problem, there is a similar service called Gaikai I think that is browser based but from my experience trying that I liked OnLive a lot more, unfortunately Gaikai is the reason we dont see any games from EA on OnLive. It seems EA must have some sort of stake in GaiKai cause its basically all EA games on there. Hoping the coupon arrives soon so I can see the details and limitations on it

So I didn't receive a coupon, but I logged into OnLive, and all Full Playpasses are showing up as $1.

Currently, it seems like pre-orders do NOT qualify. So the question is when the deal expires, I suppose.

[quote name='mokmoof']So I didn't receive a coupon, but I logged into OnLive, and all Full Playpasses are showing up as $1.

Currently, it seems like pre-orders do NOT qualify. So the question is when the deal expires, I suppose.[/QUOTE]

Looks like it's a promo for all newcomers to OnLive according to the "Showcase" tab on the menu.

Guess us existing users like me have to wait for the promo code to show up in our inboxes.

bread's done
Back