Any OnLive game for 1 Dollar if FB Fans reach 62,791 by Saturday

acsguitar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
OnLive just posted this on their twitter page:
https://twitter.com/#!/OnLive

"Yes, MJ made a bet. We need to grow our FB followers to 62,791. If we do, all US users get any game for $1. "
Facebook Page
http://www.facebook.com/OnLive

Currently they are about 10k short. I'd assume if they don't get the 10k they'll probably do the Dollar deal as well but thats just a thought.

Anyways go like that page for the sake of me getting space marines for 1 dollar. ha

Updated from a employee of OnLive's Twitter

"Help me win a bet with my manager! If OnLive gets to 62,791 FB fans on Sat, US players get their next game for $1!"
https://twitter.com/#!/MJensen

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to get onlive to refund me my money besides the 1 dollar which was what the title price should have been.

I'm am very pleased with onlive thus far and the CS.
Both time's I have used them they have helped me out very well.

So I signed up but it is now asking for my password are they asking for my login password or am I suppose to get an email with a password?

[quote name='Buuhan1']So is the Witcher the way to go? I already own Deus Ex.[/QUOTE]

I think that Tte Witcher is only in the playpack subscription for $10 a month. I don't think you can buy it separately as a full pass.

[quote name='Jawmuncher']I was able to get onlive to refund me my money besides the 1 dollar which was what the title price should have been.

I'm am very pleased with onlive thus far and the CS.
Both time's I have used them they have helped me out very well.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad to hear that they helped you out.

[quote name='praxus07']Another thing to buy to play on the tv? Pass. Another $10 fee per month? Pass.[/QUOTE]

What the hell are you even talking about? You don't have to pay the 10 dollars a month unless you want the playpack, but yeah, you can play it on a tv. Or a pc. Or not at all.

[quote name='praxus07']Another thing to buy to play on the tv? Pass. Another $10 fee per month? Pass.[/QUOTE]

Yeah totally wrong here. Honestly if you are a casual gamer the pass is a good idea. A bunch of those games are over $10 retail. But it is not required. I do wish they did have some games just without the pass though.

I went ahead and bought Just Cause 2. Not the most expensive game, but their selection is pretty limited. I've played a lot of JC2 on PC, but might be a fun game to just lay down and play with on my TV I guess

Awesome promo though, if they keep them coming I will actually use this micro console I got at PAX lol

[quote name='ptuck874']space marine for a buck what a deal, such a fun game :)[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking about getting that as well. I really enjoyed the 15 minute demo.

[quote name='palaeomerus']I think that Tte Witcher is only in the playpack subscription for $10 a month. I don't think you can buy it separately as a full pass.[/QUOTE]

Whaaaaaaat? That is so fricken stupid. Why not have every game able to be bought? Guess it's their method to get more subscribers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_OnLive_games So any game that has "No" in the "Can Purchase as Stand-Alone" are games that cannot be bought?

I've been dying to play Deus Ex for a while. Great deal. Unfortunately though my internet is extremely slow at this point, but hopefully by the time I get around to playing it my connection will be better lol

Wound up getting Red Faction: Armageddon for the buck. It was the only game I a) don't own and b) wouldn't rather get on a console.

Any really good PC titles for Onlive? I bought the console so I could play PC exclusive titles and now seems like a good time to get one ...

For those struggling to find a game to get (you've already gotten deus ex) Amnesia The Dark Decent has gotten very good reviews.

I ended up getting Divinity II Dragon Knight for $1. I already have Deus Ex on the Xbox 360 (I bought Deus Ex GOTY for $.99 a couple of years ago from GFWM, so I didn't need that). I also bought Duke Nukem for $5. Already had Amnesia from when they were giving it away.

So I now have three OnLive games for a total of $6!

[quote name='deletion']having audio issues with onlive. crackling n echo. used it before n its never happened. anyone know what gives?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, thousands of cheapasses who never bought a game before (or only cheap games) suddenly bought really intensive stuff like Deus Ex HR and are overloading Onlive's infrastructure.

:joystick:

LOL.

I don't know, but this is their first "any game for a $1 sale", right? So it could be. The pricier games put a heavier load on their systems.

[quote name='Zippon']Yeah, thousands of cheapasses who never bought a game before (or only cheap games) suddenly bought really intensive stuff like Deus Ex HR and are overloading Onlive's infrastructure.
.[/QUOTE]

well i tried it on another computer and is working fine. weird that it would be a computer issue, especially if all it's doing is streaming. who knows.

[quote name='deletion']well i tried it on another computer and is working fine. weird that it would be a computer issue, especially if all it's doing is streaming. who knows.[/QUOTE]

It should be mainly a connection issue, considering all you have to run is the Onlive software, which isn't anything ridiculous. Could have just been timing considering the amount of new players, as mentioned earlier. I've tried it with a wireless connection from across a couple of rooms and it can run awesome or slow as molasses.

[quote name='mogamer']I ended up getting Divinity II Dragon Knight for $1. I already have Deus Ex on the Xbox 360 (I bought Deus Ex GOTY for $.99 a couple of years ago from GFWM, so I didn't need that). I also bought Duke Nukem for $5. Already had Amnesia from when they were giving it away.

So I now have three OnLive games for a total of $6![/QUOTE]

I was leaning towards this, but when I ran the trial, the text was so tiny I had to squint to read it. I didn't see any in-game way of changing the resolution either. Did you have this problem? Is there some secret way of changing the screen resolution I don't know about? Or does the OnLive client control this based on your connection speed? I'm just wondering--I played the Space Marine trial and it was fine.

I have been hesitating to buy a game on Onlive because it seems like you are almost paying for a rental. They say they will keep a game on their system as long as people keep are playing it but it would be hard for me to spend 30-60 on a game that may not be available 5 years down the road. Call me crazy, I may want to go back and play it again.

My other reason I hadn't bought anything from them is because I knew the games would look terrible, I knew after playing games on a good pc with settings maxed going to a game with resolution at 1280x720 and being streamed would be difficult. I finally did download their app last night just to see what the games looked like on their system and after watching a few people playing my hesitations were confirmed. I guess if you are used to playing on consoles it would look fine but after playing on a decent pc it really looks terrible.

I am still impressed with their system and find it pretty unique and original; just not for me since I am such a graphics whore. Also I don't want to worry about if this game will be available a few years down the road after spending the same price as a retail copy. That said, I probably will take advantage of the $1 sale but I will get something like MLB2K11 or something I am not concerned with graphics wise.

[quote name='Honeybaked Ham']
My other reason I hadn't bought anything from them is because I knew the games would look terrible, I knew after playing games on a good pc with settings maxed going to a game with resolution at 1280x720 and being streamed would be difficult. I finally did download their app last night just to see what the games looked like on their system and after watching a few people playing my hesitations were confirmed. I guess if you are used to playing on consoles it would look fine but after playing on a decent pc it really looks terrible.
[/QUOTE]

You're not alone on that, it's gonna look like garbage no matter what you're used to. I think OnLive games are really meant to be played on a TV, they'd probably look ok on that, but they look like crap on my 24 inch PC monitor. If they upped the resolution for most of the games I might buy into their service, but I don't think it's worth it until they do so. Console versions of the games look far better than any OnLive game I've tried so far, and I play them on the same PC monitor.

So does anyone know whether it's possible to adjust the resolution in Dragon Knight? If I can't fix that I guess I'm better off getting Space Marine or Deus Ex.

[quote name='warreni']So does anyone know whether it's possible to adjust the resolution in Dragon Knight? If I can't fix that I guess I'm better off getting Space Marine or Deus Ex.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you can adjust the resolution in any of the OnLive games.

Finally decided to get Tropico 4 with my $1 code and it ended up being $0.56, now I just need to actually play it. Also if you need a game to get Space Marine is really fun.

[quote name='sunghost']You're not alone on that, it's gonna look like garbage no matter what you're used to. I think OnLive games are really meant to be played on a TV, they'd probably look ok on that, but they look like crap on my 24 inch PC monitor. If they upped the resolution for most of the games I might buy into their service, but I don't think it's worth it until they do so. Console versions of the games look far better than any OnLive game I've tried so far, and I play them on the same PC monitor.[/QUOTE]

Onlive definitely looks like crap when playing up close on a PC monitor. When playing on a HDTV from the couch though, Onlive does not look any different than playing on a console.

Hm. I'm still kicking around what to pick up for $1. I played the Space Marine trial and it's decent, although I'm not a big fan of clickfest games. There is no trial for Deus Ex, but I had problems with the client only running Divinity II on a small chunk of screen real estate (I run at 1280x1024 full-screen [not a really fancy rig, but it works for most things] on a 19" monitor and an nvidia GT 240 [I think, can't remember off the top of my head]). My internet connection is (again from rough memory) 3Mbps downstream. Has anyone had problems with Deus Ex running poorly, in low resolution, et cetera through OnLive? I'm considering picking it up, but because there's no trial I have no idea how well it will run on my computer.

[quote name='spiderman4657']Anyone know how this works? Do you need a coupon or can you get the game for $1 if you are a member?[/QUOTE]

I received a code by email that had to be entered.

[quote name='spiderman4657']Anyone know how this works? Do you need a coupon or can you get the game for $1 if you are a member?[/QUOTE]

Lots of info in the thread. Basically if you've never made a purchase (entering codes doesn't count) then items in the marketplace should show up for a dollar. If you've made purchases before they should have emailed you a code.

[quote name='clonesniper666']I received a code by email that had to be entered.[/QUOTE]

I don't think everyone got codes. After I put my payment information in to convert from a "free" account, everything except pre-order stuff showed up as being $1.00 for a Full PlayPass. I'm assuming once I actually select something for a dollar, everything else will return to its regular price.

[quote name='stavros45']It should be mainly a connection issue, considering all you have to run is the Onlive software, which isn't anything ridiculous. Could have just been timing considering the amount of new players, as mentioned earlier. I've tried it with a wireless connection from across a couple of rooms and it can run awesome or slow as molasses.[/QUOTE]

still having the audio issue. funny thing is that the computer that is wired is having the audio issues. my other computer that is wireless works perfectly fine. might have to just switch computers around. but still bothers me as to what's causing this.

Metro 2033 . Its gettin close to Halloween so a suvival horror FPS sounds good. :) Plus the gfx on the game are amazing. A prime example of how Onlive works w/o the need of a beastly machine. I recommend this game.

I bit on Deus Ex, and this is after trialing a few games without actually purchasing any. I honestly can't see paying more than around $10 - $15 max for any game on that service, given the limitations and uncertainty inherent in what amounts to a 'rental' environment. Deus Ex plays fine with no noticeable lag, but it doesn't look great that's for sure.

[quote name='dark-star']I bit on Deus Ex, and this is after trialing a few games without actually purchasing any. I honestly can't see paying more than around $10 - $15 max for any game on that service, given the limitations and uncertainty inherent in what amounts to a 'rental' environment. Deus Ex plays fine with no noticeable lag, but it doesn't look great that's for sure.[/QUOTE]

Luckily they seem to have sales all the time. Also Deus Ex doesn't look good on Ps3 either FWIW.

I agree with other posters that playing Onlive from the couch looks much much much better then playing it on PC a few inches away

I really have no complaints about OnLive. With how many good games I've gotten for less than $5 or new release games that I've gotten for around half price with a console or free game I've definitely got my money's worth. I am usually a console player so I cant complain about it stacking up to PC graphics, I also have a pretty good internet connection so that helps as well.

Not sure if anyone has noticed but Bastion is now available Onlive and it qualifies for the $1 deal. Pretty cool they released it before their deal ended.

[quote name='docvinh']What the hell are you even talking about? You don't have to pay the 10 dollars a month unless you want the playpack, but yeah, you can play it on a tv. Or a pc. Or not at all.[/QUOTE]

What I meant was you have to pay $99 for the device to play it on the TV. I don't do PC gaming, so this is another needless expense, $1 deal or not.

[quote name='Buuhan1']Or you could output it to your tv via HDMI and use a USB controller.[/QUOTE]

Maybe if my TV had an HDMI port, which it unfortunately doesn't. I don't even think there's any kind of output to tv port on the pc. Nor is the PC located anywhere near the TV. So the only option would be the Onlive unit, and from what I see that's HDMI only as well. And onlive is wired ethernet. Don't want to run that through the house either.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back