Any sites with good deals on PS3's?

nissanfan64

CAGiversary!
Im looking to get one here shortly. Im looking for nice bundles on a new slim or even an older one with backwards compatibility from Gamestop. Anyone know of any shifty ways to get cash off a system at Gamestop? Any deals or codes i could use.

[quote name='bk187']At the moment the best deal I know of is the family bundle from Amazon. You get $25 credit and can trade in the 2 games it comes with for $30 or so if you want more credit instead of games.

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-A...6THC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1291315333&sr=8-1

As for Gamestop, do you have any friends, or friends of friends, who work there? That's about the only way I can think of for some special deal at GS that isn't advertised.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the market for a ps3 and plan to get both modnation racers and little big planet. I don't care about those 2 games in the deal above. I'm thinking that the amazon deal would still be the better route than the best buy deal which would cost me $321.68 out the door. Figure $25 gift card covers little big planet goty with $5 left over, and the two games can be traded to cover MNR to save me about $25.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+PlayStation+3+%28160GB%29+with+LittleBigPlanet%2C+ModNation+Racers+and+Cars/1470095.p?skuId=1470095&productCategoryId=abcat0703001&id=1218261841191&AID=10597222&PID=552179&SID=TPqDMgoBCjUAADL-tZ4AAAIP&URL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bestbuy.com%2Fsite%2FSony%2B-%2BPlayStation%2B3%2B%2528160GB%2529%2Bwith%2BLittleBigPlanet%252C%2BModNation%2BRacers%2Band%2BCars%2F1470095.p%3FskuId%3D1470095%26productCategoryId%3Dabcat0703001%26id%3D1218261841191&ref=39&CJPID=552179&loc=01

I'm wanting a new PS3 I have have an old 20 gig one. I need to take my old PS3 and trade it in where I can get some credit like Gamestop. Anyone know if Gamestop or another place that will take credit is having any PS3 deals?

Keep an eye on Amazon's Warehouse Deals section, as they routinely get in 'used'(aka customer returns) systems every so often. Folks were getting slim PS3's for $224 a little while ago from there.

It's about the best deal you're going to find unless you flip games from store to store and build up stupid amounts of credit and get enough to get a PS3 that way.;)

Well i just bought an 80GB backward compatible one from a kid on Craigslist. Had black ops too, which i already own for the 360. Watched him boot it and play it, worked fine for the 10 minutes he played it at his place.

Got it home to find it YLOD 5 minutes after i turned it on! Woo! The seller is seeing what he can do about it though, he was shocked it YLODing. He said he's gonna try to get me another working one to swap (even if he cant Im only technically out about 150 bucks for the system, of course if i may be able to get someone to fix it for cheap)

So i may just say screw it and drop $300 for a bundle. The LBP/ModNation/Cars bundle looks nifty.

Hmm. $150 for PS3 80gb, I think it was a YLOD reflow fix and he got caught. The fact that he knows a place to get them fix tells me he was pulling as fast one. I'd get a refund.

Well it was $250, i factored the extras off to get around $150 for just the console.

Yea, but he is being quite nice about it so far. I knew buying an old BC system was a 50/50 shot in the dark for if it would last even a few months. Took the chance, got burned. If he can get it fixed to working for me (or even get me a refurb one like he said) Id be happy.

Until he figures out what he can do i may just buy a Slim bundle. Say screw it and keep my PS2's around.

Forgot to update abit. I picked up one of the last Black Friday bundles Best Buy had. The 160 slim with Little Big Planet/ModNation and Cars. Also picked up a brand new copy of Heavy Rain for 38 bucks at a local mom and pop game store. That was worth the purchase so far!

And for the 80GB one, the guy actually followed through and contacted the place that installed the fan mod (and probably the chip reflow he says it didnt have). Its in Kingston which is only about a hour from me. Ill take it there and see what they say. He said since the fan mod was done recently and it was under their warranty, it would be a free repair. So, this may turn out fine here. Since i have the slim now id honestly be happy if they fix it and get me the Black Ops out of the drive so i can sell everything. I may keep the 80GB but we'll see. BO is definitely getting sold before it drops in value.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']I'm looking for the slim model by itself (no game bundles). Anyone know what's a cheap, good price?[/QUOTE]

I would say 225-250 because Amazon's Warehouse Deals was selling Used - Like New 160gb's for 224 and the current Amazon 160gb family bundle has an effective value of 250 (300 base price, subtract 25 credit and the 25 TIV you can get via Amazon from the games it comes with).

I see nothing wrong with getting the current Amazon 160gb bundle considering you are going to buy games for it so it's not like the 50 in credit is just going to sit there.

1. Buy PS3 with Singstar and Ratchet for $300 shipped at amazon.
2. Buy a component or HDMI cable
3. Receive $25 gift card
4. Sell Singstar and Ratchet for $50 - $55 on ebay in separate auctions
5. Know that you have a 160GB Slim PS3 that you paid $225 NEW for.
6. Open the box, stare at the lack of component and HDMI, and be thankful that you did step #2. :cool:

7. If you have the funds, takeadvantagee of the amazon buy 1 get 1 half off, and have it all shipped together.

[quote name='nissanfan64']Forgot to update abit. I picked up one of the last Black Friday bundles Best Buy had. The 160 slim with Little Big Planet/ModNation and Cars. Also picked up a brand new copy of Heavy Rain for 38 bucks at a local mom and pop game store. That was worth the purchase so far!

And for the 80GB one, the guy actually followed through and contacted the place that installed the fan mod (and probably the chip reflow he says it didnt have). Its in Kingston which is only about a hour from me. Ill take it there and see what they say. He said since the fan mod was done recently and it was under their warranty, it would be a free repair. So, this may turn out fine here. Since i have the slim now id honestly be happy if they fix it and get me the Black Ops out of the drive so i can sell everything. I may keep the 80GB but we'll see. BO is definitely getting sold before it drops in value.[/QUOTE]

You know you can force any disk out of the PS3 by turning off the power from the back, then as you flip the switch back on, be holding down the eject button. It turns the fans on full blast and ejects anything in the drive.

bread's done
Back