Anybody still playing PS2? What games are you playing?

Not at the moment but the games I play on there when I do are any of the Final Fantasy games, Legend of Legaia for PS1, and Legaia 2: Duel Saga for PS2.

I'm playing DDR SuperNOVA again, so my PS2 has been seeing a fair amount of regular use lately. Also picked up the Raidou Kuzunoha SMT games last month, so that's two more for my PS2 RPG pile.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been on and off with Ratchet and Clank since January. I also still play Nascar 06 form time to time. One of these days I should dive into my 80+backlog of ps2 games.

I've been playing .hack//Quarantine off and on for three weeks. I'm trying to get all the cores that I need for the rest of the game, but its a tedious process.

My son asked me to hook up the FAT PS2 again so I did last night and then he play ATV Offroad Fury 2 and he said it was just like he remembered. Loved it. I will probably join in with him next time for some local multiplayer.

Only problem was I couldn't get the component cable to work. Had to go back to standard AV. :(

I've always play a bit of shmups on PS2. Lately I'm enjoying Gradius III & IV. They are both exceptional games, and after all those years they haven't aged at all.

I usually start up and play San Andreas and Vice City every few months. Usually beat San Andreas, usually run out of Steam once you have to buy the businesses in Vice City.

Besides my GTA fix, I have the original Killzone in the disc tray at the moment with Liberty City Stories in my backlog.

I gotta finish Ace Combat 5, Zero, and just got myself a brand new "VG" copy of Star Ocean TTEOT. Now if I could only play the stuff on my monitor since my TV's always being used by someone else.

Replaying some old gems such as Blood Will Tell and Rogue Galaxy. Still havn't gotten into Kingdom Hearts for some reason. It may be a weird crossover for a game but I know it's successful so I'm gonna eventually try it anyways.

Replaying some old gems such as Blood Will Tell and Rogue Galaxy. Still havn't gotten into Kingdom Hearts for some reason. It may be a weird crossover for a game but I know it's successful so I'm gonna eventually try it anyways.
I am the same with KH. I always wanted to try it out sometime, but I have yet to do so. I even bought the new collection on PS3, but I still haven't touched it.

Let us know how you like Rogue Galaxy. I have that in the backlog as well.

I still need to finish Shadow of the Colossus and Ico. Really need to get back into them soon. 

I play sometimes the DBZ budokai tenkaichi games since the new ones are bad and the last game I beat was Fatal Frame 1, like a few months ago :)

Ah, my PS2 - crazy we'll be talking about this in the PS3 context pretty soon :) 

My PS2 has been boxed up for quite some time.  I do have an urge to whip it out though to play some Shadow Hearts.

Started the first Raidou Kuzunoha SMT game last week and currently in chapter two. One of my main gaming goals for this year is to be done with all the PS2 games I have left to play.

I'm still trying to get some popular PS2 games, wouldn't mind grabbing Okami soon, I hear it was fantastic. Anyways, I wish I kept most of my PS2 games. :(

I just finished Suikoden 2 on PS1 (technically PSN) so it looks like I'm going to have to dust off my PS2 so I can finally play Sui 3.

I need to get my PS2 hooked up again and play some more.  I finally got some composite cable last year and goodness did they make a difference!  I was doing another playthrough of the GTA series and got side tracked.  So many great games on PS2.  Still my favorite console of all time.  

I just picked up both Mega Man Collections...will be going through these soon. Rather than paying $10 for one Mega game digitally, I grabbed both collections new for $15 shipped...why not, right? dust off the Ol PS2...now if I just had a damned wireless controller...

Trapt (Deception series)

a sadistic game where you set traps to murder soldiers and sorcerers. 

Downhill Domination

road rash on bikes.

Finished Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love on Tuesday night, so now I'm pretty much done with my PS2 backlog! Guess I won't be visiting this thread much anymore :razz:

I may still play some DDR Supernova/Supernova 2 from time to time, but that's about it for me for future PS2 gaming. Such a great system, though.

I went into gamestop the other day and found a free pill of PS2 sports games. I looked closer and found NCAA 2005. I grabbed that game, remembering all of the memories I had playing that late into the night. Can't wait to play it again.

I've been playing a lot of Hot Shots Golf. Love that series. 3 and Fore are both pretty solid. Also really stocked up when GS cleared out controllers and multitaps so 8 player sports games with buddies is the shit. Could never in a million years afford that when controllers were $30+ each haha.

The recent Gamestop sale (which finally ended) allowed me to grab SO many PS2 games.  Picked up over 160, which now puts my PS2 library at just over 350.  This is still IMHO the greatest game console ever made.

I have my Original Xbox and PS2 always hooked up. I play them both at least 2-3 times a month.

Lately I've been playing Sly Cooper, Jak & Daxter, Battlefront II, and Scarface.

My PS2 is always hooked up as well, but I haven't played it in a few months (though I did use it to watch a DVD last week). Recently I revisited Haunting Ground, which is easily one of my favorite horror games.

I've been wanting to replay Gundam: Encounters in Space and DBZ: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 lately, so I'll probably dive into at least one of those games later this month.

Currently playing

M6OlWno.jpg

Just played 4 hours straight and I just made it to next realm by standing on the professors portal. I missed out on the PS2 Spyro's as kid so I'm catching up. I'm really enjoying it, it reminds of a Spyro GTA. A huge and colorful world. The only thing I'm disliking so far is the mini-games.

Gonna bump this thread bc recently, I've had a inkling to play some PS2 JRPGs I missed. 

Rogue Galaxy - finished it like a month ago, was disappointed overall with this game. The basics were good but the combat was frustrating. The lack of a "invincibility' period after being hit once really ruin the entire combat system for me since you can go from full health to death within seconds. Also hated the required in-battle weapon switching since that killed the flow of combat (not to mention slow load times) and the horrible AI. All of that was made worse by the long, bland dungeons. I often saw this on lists of best RPGs on the PS2 and I just don't agree. 

Nocturne - I got this game back when it was released but only played it for an hour before I gave up. I just didn't have the patient to figure out all the intricacies since I was used to games that stream-lined you into all the mechanics. I decided to try it again and got 3 hours in. It's a frustrating game- battles can turn bad quickly but gonna keep at it. I heard this was one of the harder JRPGs but I want to eventually get into the other SMT games so figure it's a good starting spot. 

I have my PS2 hooked up all the time but I haven't played it in a while. Every year I always make sure to play through the Ratchet, Jak, and Sly games at least once.  Longer games like Kingdom Hearts or GTA: SA I play about every other year. I used to practice running Jak 2/3 a few years ago but I stopped once I started getting busy with work and school. My one friend knows a few people in the speed running community so I might actually get back into it this summer. 

No doubt that the Ps2 is the greatest gaming console of all time. It's been over 20 years and I'm still managing to find incredible games on it. 

Hidden Gems:

-ICO (adventure game, made by the same studio that developed Shadow of the Colossus)

- Mr Mosquito 

-Okage: 

-Metal Arms a Glitch in the System: one of the best third person shooters I've ever played

-Scooby Doo Night of 100 Frights and SpongeBob Battle For Bikini Bottom: Two of the best platform games from my childhood, both made by Heavy Iron Studios a company that actually puts alot of love into licensed games 

-Billy and Mandy (Power Stone clone that's really fun)

Just scooped up all the Tony Hawk and Mx Vs Atv/Offroad Fury games. Those games are so good and have so much replay value. I also scored Tomb Raider Anniversary and Legend. 

bread's done
Back