Anyone else seen the new backlit GBA SP?

[quote name='Nephilim']Someone had posted a few pages back about some 'L' button issue he was having with his SP2 so I thought this may be of interest.[/QUOTE]

Yeppers, that was me...and believe it or not, I did notice something a bit off about the diagonal as well. Before I sold my old SP (for $65 on eBay! had it since launch day!) I compared the new Graphite to my super-old Cobalt.

I couldn't officially make out what the difference was, but I could definitely tell the rotation smoothness wasn't quite as good on the SP2. It almost felt like it couldn't hold a proper place at the upper-right diagonal, and would make my thumb want to push on past it, instead of rolling naturally with it. It's so slight for me, that I almost thought it was just my mind/thumb playing tricks on me.

For the record though, Nephilim, I am NOWHERE near as anal as you :)

Well, while we're sharing, here's an OT anality of mine recently:

I have a clear-yellow PS2 controller (import?) that seems to have a flaw on the analog sticks. My wife always says she prefers our blue one because "it's smoother than the yellow, that one has a grindy feel to it". So after many months of playing Katamari, I finally decided to do something about it. I opened it up and tried to resurface the inner edges. After 1/2 hour of surgery and a lost screw, I realized the best solution was simply applying a small piece of tape wrapped around the inner section of each stick. Now it's as smooth as ice...

Not sure if this was mentioned in this thread or not, but Nintendo has replaced the old SP demo units with the new backlit GBA SP.

Nintendo rep just came to my store a few days ago (K-Mart) and replaced our old SP with one of these news one... the difference is amazing.

bread's done
Back