Anyone else seen the new backlit GBA SP?

[quote name='daroga']*shrug* My DS adapter and the new GBA adapter are the same model.[/QUOTE]

Aha, so they are using the DS AC adapter, interesting. Two systems with backlit LCD's. There must be something about this adapter that makes it necessary for the new SP to use it.

[quote name='swetooth9']i think this has been asked before, but i dont remember the answer...is Nintendo gonna also make new DS's with the new backlighting since they got a deal or whatever for the backlight technology or is it just gonna be for the SP's?[/QUOTE]

anyone know?

[quote name='Nephilim']Aha, so they are using the DS AC adapter, interesting. Two systems with backlit LCD's. There must be something about this adapter that makes it necessary for the new SP to use it.[/QUOTE]

No, I think it's just the new model, more compact, etc. Otherwise the plugs would've been different.

GBA SP (AGS-002)
Input: AC120V 60Hz 4W
Output: DC5.2V 320mA

DS/GBA SP2 (NTR-002)
Input: AC120V, 60Hz, 4W

EXACTLY the same. The newest one even specifies "For use with AGS-001 [i.e., GPA SP1], AGS-101 [SP2], NTR-001 [DS] only." Stuff in brackets is my own addition. Everything's backwards compatible.

daroga

[quote name='swetooth9']anyone know?[/QUOTE]

My guess is that since the DS screens are already backlit we won't see a revised DS for a while. But who knows? Nintendo sure brought this SP out of no where.

daroga

[quote name='daroga']My guess is that since the DS screens are already backlit we won't see a revised DS for a while. But who knows? Nintendo sure brought this SP out of no where.

daroga[/QUOTE]

hmm...i'm waiting for a "revision" of the brightness of the screen for the DS...from what i've heard the revised screen for the SP is brighter and better than that of even the DS...

i'll be waiting for an improved screen and for Jump Superstars to make it to the US before picking up a DS...i dont have that much cash to spend right now :(

[quote name='swetooth9']hmm...i'm waiting for a "revision" of the brightness of the screen for the DS...from what i've heard the revised screen for the SP is brighter and better than that of even the DS...

i'll be waiting for an improved screen and for Jump Superstars to make it to the US before picking up a DS...i dont have that much cash to spend right now :([/QUOTE]

The new SP screen is better than the DS, but the DS screen is still wonderful for GBA games compared to the original GBA or the original SP. But, yeah, maybe wait and see if they silently get a brighter screen on the DS. :)

daroga

[quote name='daroga']The new SP screen is better than the DS, but the DS screen is still wonderful for GBA games compared to the original GBA or the original SP. But, yeah, maybe wait and see if they silently get a brighter screen on the DS. :)

daroga[/QUOTE]

yea, that and jump superstars would probably put me over the edge to buy a DS...the last GB system i have bought was the normal GBA...i had held off from the SP, DS, and micro for now...but i will probably get a DS within the next year :) i'm hoping for an even brighter screen for the DS

I'm going to hold out for a black ds W/ brighter screen hopefully by next xmas,(hopefully before then, if I'm lucky) nintendo will put this out...

[quote name='daroga']
Input: AC120V, 60Hz, 4W

Everything's backwards compatible.
[/QUOTE]

True, but that doesn't always mean it's forwards-compatible. However, since your descriptions of the In/Output are the exact same, that's what it is: the exact same. There's no "secret stats" when it comes to voltage. If the plug fits, and the voltage is the same, then it'll be ok.

Can someone confirm the EB deal? Semi-OP said he got +$15 for adding one game, then said it might take 3 games.

[quote name='Kerig']True, but that doesn't always mean it's forwards-compatible. However, since your descriptions of the In/Output are the exact same, that's what it is: the exact same. There's no "secret stats" when it comes to voltage. If the plug fits, and the voltage is the same, then it'll be ok.

Can someone confirm the EB deal? Semi-OP said he got +$15 for adding one game, then said it might take 3 games.[/QUOTE]
I read the sheet with deals on it the other day, if you are trading in a horizontal original GBA, you must trade in 3 games to get the extra $15. If you are trading in a GBA SP, then it requires only one game. The current trade in value for a normal GBA is $10, and a GBA SP is $30 as of thursday Sept. 22nd.

[quote name='smellhasreturned']wow gg nintendo keep recycling the gameboy advance. Keep making idiotic people buy it although they already own one[/QUOTE]

pretty much all technology advances over time AND You are getting a back-lit and better battery for the same price.

Guys, as the OP, I feel its my obligation to update you on my stance. I got the new SP, as I mentioned in the original post, but after a day or two, realized I was a huge moron. For just 40 bucks more, I could get a DS, which not only plays all my GBA games, but it is in fact the future handheld of Nintendo. I was fooled by Nintendo's marketing in releasing so many new GBA's (Micro and SP) at once, thinking the new games were sure to follow. But all the great franchises, like Zelda, Mario, Mario and Luigi RPG, and Castlevania, will likely never grace the normal GBA/SP as new, original games again.

So I took the system back, having spoken with the manager on the phone (i'm really glad it WAS the manager), and he left a note for the employees that would be there during the time I could get to the store, and when I got there this gorgeous girl was working the register, she gave me a FULL refund, BACK to my credit card (NOT store credit), and now I have 80 bucks towards a DS (which I will buy either when a graphite US release occurs, or shortly after Castlevania DS is released and I cave in and buy a crappy color).

Anyways folks, the excuse I gave EB, while not the real reason, is still somewhat valid. I told them the slower refresh rate (trust me, there is SOME blur here that wasn't there on the front-lit SP OR the DS (I tested), and the intense contrast, saturation, and brightness (and I fervently believe, as does my brother, that most GBA games in the front-lit era were released with brighter, richer, more saturated palettes to counteract the washing out effect of the frontlighting) can cause headaches, nausea, and generally just make it a bitch to play a game for more than 30 minutes without your eyes watering.

Anyways, good luck to all!

I recommend getting the DS!

sorry you didn't like it man. I'm digging it. Although I suspect I picked one up for different reasons. I have a feeling that perhaps this'll be the last system to play the legacy GB(C) games, so really my investment in it is primarily to have a way to play the classics that I've got. The DS is certainly the future, but the new SP may be the best link we have to the past (no pun intended).

To each his own. :)

daroga

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']Guys, as the OP, I feel its my obligation to update you on my stance. I got the new SP, as I mentioned in the original post, but after a day or two, realized I was a huge moron. For just 40 bucks more, I could get a DS, which not only plays all my GBA games, but it is in fact the future handheld of Nintendo. I was fooled by Nintendo's marketing in releasing so many new GBA's (Micro and SP) at once, thinking the new games were sure to follow. But all the great franchises, like Zelda, Mario, Mario and Luigi RPG, and Castlevania, will likely never grace the normal GBA/SP as new, original games again.

So I took the system back, having spoken with the manager on the phone (i'm really glad it WAS the manager), and he left a note for the employees that would be there during the time I could get to the store, and when I got there this gorgeous girl was working the register, she gave me a FULL refund, BACK to my credit card (NOT store credit), and now I have 80 bucks towards a DS (which I will buy either when a graphite US release occurs, or shortly after Castlevania DS is released and I cave in and buy a crappy color).

Anyways folks, the excuse I gave EB, while not the real reason, is still somewhat valid. I told them the slower refresh rate (trust me, there is SOME blur here that wasn't there on the front-lit SP OR the DS (I tested), and the intense contrast, saturation, and brightness (and I fervently believe, as does my brother, that most GBA games in the front-lit era were released with brighter, richer, more saturated palettes to counteract the washing out effect of the frontlighting) can cause headaches, nausea, and generally just make it a bitch to play a game for more than 30 minutes without your eyes watering.

Anyways, good luck to all!

I recommend getting the DS![/QUOTE]

I like Daroga wanted this due to my GB and GBC games. If you want to play GBA games and don't care about the older games I would go with a DS. I have a DS but I still upgraded my Onyx SP to a new Graphite one. I also have a Platinum SP and I'm not sure if I should upgrade that as well or get a micro. I like the idea of a super tiny handheld but I'm worried it will be rough on my eyes with the smaller screen.

I really have gotten very used to the DS and even though it is bigger and heavier I like that the controls are spread out more and the D-pad works a lot better for Super Street Fighter II Turbo Revival than the one on the SP.

I noticed (at least for me) that the new SP is easier on the eyes without the max brightness turned up. I too am a bit upset about the motion blur as I tested it with Super Mario Bros. and it was noticeable. The only problem is after seeing the new SP screen it seems pointless to go back to the old frontlight display.

Each system has its point and place it just really depends on what you want it for more than anything.

Picked up a Graphite SP today. It really is amazing how much more you can see! (thanks Nephilim for convincing me to do it).

I noticed my L button is a bit wanky, though. I already returned one, and the 2nd one is like this, too. My old SP L&R are identical...you can push them down a bit before the button-click kicks in. On my Graphite, the R button is like that, but the L seems to be almost pushed-down with very little "give" before the button-click. Anyone else with a Graphite notice this? I doubt it's a defect, since 2 of them were exactly like that for me.

OP, regarding your apology: not everyone is interested in a DS. $80 Vs. $130 is still $50. I don't plan on ever getting a DS, and certainly wouldn't want one instead of an SP. I went straight from GBC to SP, and never thought about buying a GBA until the SP came out. It will forever be my only choice for port-a-gaming (potty-pun intended).

[quote name='Kerig']Picked up a Cobalt SP today. It really is amazing how much more you can see! (thanks Nephilim for convincing me to do it). [/QUOTE]

I take it that the "older" colors are out there with the new "Now with a BRIGHTER backlit screen!" packaging then?

[quote name='bmarquardt']I take it that the "older" colors are out there with the new "Now with a BRIGHTER backlit screen!" packaging then?[/QUOTE]

I REALLY need to stop posting at 3am. I'm trading in my Cobalt, I picked up a Graphite w/the new backlight...carry on.

I partially blame Nintendo for that one, "Cobalt" is defined as a silver-white magnetic color...nothing to do with "purply-blue" :oldman:

Even further OT: "Cobalt Blue" is defined as a GREENISH blue...not purply-blue. They should have never used the word Cobalt to describe my blueish-purple SP.

Obviousman Answer: No there's no new backlight (yet) for any old colors.

[quote name='Kerig']I REALLY need to stop posting at 3am. I'm trading in my Cobalt, I picked up a Graphite w/the new backlight...carry on.

I partially blame Nintendo for that one, "Cobalt" is defined as a silver-white magnetic color...nothing to do with "purply-blue" :oldman:

Even further OT: "Cobalt Blue" is defined as a GREENISH blue...not purply-blue. They should have never used the word Cobalt to describe my blueish-purple SP.

Obviousman Answer: No there's no new backlight (yet) for any old colors.[/QUOTE]What? Cobalt's just a blue, no green or anything. Its slightly lower on color saturation than regular blue.

Cobalt: A hard, lustrous, steel-gray, ductile metallic chemical element found in various ores. Metallic element: atomic number 27, atomic weight 58.933

Also a blue pigment.

[quote name='Kerig']Picked up a Graphite SP today. It really is amazing how much more you can see! (thanks Nephilim for convincing me to do it).

I noticed my L button is a bit wanky, though. I already returned one, and the 2nd one is like this, too. My old SP L&R are identical...you can push them down a bit before the button-click kicks in. On my Graphite, the R button is like that, but the L seems to be almost pushed-down with very little "give" before the button-click. Anyone else with a Graphite notice this? I doubt it's a defect, since 2 of them were exactly like that for me.

OP, regarding your apology: not everyone is interested in a DS. $80 Vs. $130 is still $50. I don't plan on ever getting a DS, and certainly wouldn't want one instead of an SP. I went straight from GBC to SP, and never thought about buying a GBA until the SP came out. It will forever be my only choice for port-a-gaming (potty-pun intended).[/QUOTE]

My Graphite one exhibits the same on the L button. It has a little less give than the R button before the 'click'. I had to look twice, man you are as anal as I am. I really did not notice until you mentioned it.

As for the other poster saying the saturation bothered him, I like seeing the bright colors, but I do think that the older games were designed with the fontlight in mind so they might be more saturated. But really, I could not be happier with this new screen. My other post mentions the blur and slowdown, but the trade off here is that you actually get to see all the graphic details. Every game I pop in looks like a new game after the dim, washed out fronlit model.

I actually sold off my Ltd Edition SP's because I just can't go back after using this new screen. I had an NES Classic, (2) Orange and Green TRU models, and a Lime Target one with DKC, all new and sealed. They fetched about $500 total on eBay, with the Orange & Green and Lime ones bringing $140 each. I really liked those colors and such, but the old screen sucks so bad in comparison that I would never use them. I also could not imagine them going up in value after people get a load of this new screen. Nintendo will undoubtedly come out with some more Ltd Editions with the new screen as Toys R Us already has a Ltd Edition Spongebob model with the new screen. That one is less likely to increase in value because of the Spongebob thing. This Xmas will most likely see one or more Ltd Edition models with the new screen. Personally I would love an orange one.

I say good job Nintendo on finally putting a proper screen in the best handheld I have owned. Yes I love Nintendo and ever since the Nomad, I have wanted a SNES on the go, and this is finally the perfect solution. I still wont part with my Turbo Express though, due to Devil's Crush.

I think the DS is NOT the successor to the Game Boy. Nintendo has stated that. The next Game Boy system will most likely have a single backlit Widescreen LCD and will also play GBA games and NOT DS games (single screen and no touch screen). Althought the DS can play GBA games, I think there are just too many GBA owners out there to leave in the dust. After all they are certainly pro on the backward compatible issue as we are seeing with the Revolution.

Just my opinion here, but the DS is the first Nintendo system I have not bought. I just hate the size and the stylus thing is ridiculous for a handheld. Unique games like Nintendogs is fine, but if I wanted a PDA I would just get one. Mario 64 is one of my all time favorite games, but on the DS it plays like ass.

[quote name='wildnuts02']I think I might be the ONLY GUY who actually got a "pearl blue" SP2. Damn....I still kind of like it though. :D[/QUOTE]

Nope. I was one of the first here on CAG to get a SPII, and I got Pearl Blue. Im getting tired of black, everything is black.

I traded in my old platinum one, and some PS2 games and picked up a graphite SP2. The first game I popped in was Castlevania: Circle of the Moon which I had never finished, and my jaw dropped. I couldn't believe how much better it was, and now I could actually see everything on the screen clearly. Circle of the Moon was one of the first GBA games I bought at the launch of the original GBA and had only put in about 1 hour of playing time, after seeing it so bright on the screen, I couldn't put it down and played for 2 and 1/2 hours straight! The SP has fit in my pockets just fine so I just don't see any reason for me to pick up the micro.

[quote name='wildnuts02']I think I might be the ONLY GUY who actually got a "pearl blue" SP2. Damn....I still kind of like it though. :D[/QUOTE]

Hey, I kinda liked the Pearl Blue, but ended up with the Graphite since I normally play in low light and prefer to only see the screen. The lighter colored systems tend to have some reflection on the screen edges.

I may pick up a Pearl Blue one later if there are no new colors for a while.

Cool. I know it shouldn't matter but I'm glad that I'm [EDIT] NOT the only one with the pearl sp2. On a side note, I picked up these as my first games:

Advance Wars 2 (used, complete, $20)
GTA ($9.99 at BB)
Castlevania Aria of Sorrow (used, incomplete, $30)

was able to open one of these up at work for a working display. I will have to say I was pretty impressed by the brightness of the screen. put in a copy of Iridion 2 and the change was definitely noticeable in the opening scene with the grass/flowers in the field. looked even more impressive with the brightness button turned on. I did notice "slight" blurring when testing out Iridion 2 on some of the more hectic levels, which was a little dissapointing. also I'm not sure if I was just seeing it wrong, but some of the colors seemed over saturated. overall though it will make a lot of people happy who have trouble with the dark screens either on their Advances or SP's.

Not anymore, you're not. I got a blue one today and it's totally badical. I've had no problem with ghosting, the L button, or vivid colors giving me a headache. At first, I thought the colors were a bit much, but now that I'm used to it, it looks better than the DS screen. Now I just have to sell the shit out of my old one!

Hmm, anyone happen to know what Rhino or GameCrazy are offering as far as credit goes on the SP? I wonder where I'd get the best deal trading in some common PS2 games... I reeeeeeeally wanna pick up one of these, but I don't wanna shell out much money!

Ash

[quote name='wildnuts02']Cool. I know it shouldn't matter but I'm glad that I'm the only one with the pearl sp2. On a side note, I picked up these as my first games:
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gizmogc']Nope. I was one of the first here on CAG to get a SPII, and I got Pearl Blue. Im getting tired of black, everything is black.[/QUOTE]

You lose....first for not paying attention...and second for not being the first. Actually it was thanks to gizmogc's pics on the 4th page that made me decide to go get one myself (got a graphite one though).

[quote name='jkam']You lose....first for not paying attention...and second for not being the first. Actually it was thanks to gizmogc's pics on the 4th page that made me decide to go get one myself (got a graphite one though).[/QUOTE]

It was a typo actually which I edited. I'm glad I'm NOT the only person who got one.

[quote name='wildnuts02']It was a typo actually which I edited. I'm glad I'm NOT the only person who got one.[/QUOTE]

Ok you win now. Actually we all win since we have the new backlight SPs. There sweet.

[quote name='jkam']Ok you win now. Actually we all win since we have the new backlight SPs. There sweet.[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah. I"m so happy with mine. I think I'm getting my g/f a DS so she'll quit playing the SP2 ;)

I was a little upset that this came out just under a month after I bought an onyx SP and I happened to be away camping for two weeks, thus going past my 30 day return policy. However, the store I bought it at (Sears) was really cool about it and let me exchange it anyway (although only after I found a loophole in their written return policy, haha).

I should first say that there was NEVER a time with my old SP that I wished the screen was brighter...so if you already own an SP and are satisfied, this isn't a necessity by any means. Then again, I've noticed that for people who claim to be "cheapasses," users of this board do seem to splurge quite a bit =P.

With that being said, I turned it on and immediately said "holy crap!" Then I realized that it was on the lower brightness setting! The screen looks absolutely amazing, and I didn't notice any of the blurring until I read it on here, and even with that being said, I can't imagine it being an issue with even the most anal of gamers (then again, this board...). I can't see myself using the brightest setting too often (I tried it out and had to hold the system further from my face haha), and if I were stuck with my older SP, I wouldn't even sweat it to be honest.

So, to conclude: the new screen is dope, but it's not necessary. I agree with the original poster about getting a DS, but I really don't want one of those things; I want to play Heroes of Might & Magic, damnit. I've played the GB Micro as well, and the screen was too small to be comfortable for me, but I can see its appeal, even though I never found myself wanting my SP to be smaller.

So basically, you're going to be happy with whatever you get, as long as you don't have the mindset centered around what you DON'T have (something else I've noticed on this board).

Enjoy!

The whole reason these were released (unofficially of course) was because they ran out of the older screens for the GBA/SP so they had to use others. I'm afraid to think of the number of sales for the GBA/SP since that's alot to go through.

got my backlit sp today, enjoying breath of fire. Don't try playing it in the dark though, it burns the retinas.

[quote name='Quigoni']The whole reason these were released (unofficially of course) was because they ran out of the older screens for the GBA/SP so they had to use others. I'm afraid to think of the number of sales for the GBA/SP since that's alot to go through.[/QUOTE]

i don't think that's true, can you back that up?

[quote name='Quigoni']The whole reason these were released (unofficially of course) was because they ran out of the older screens for the GBA/SP so they had to use others. I'm afraid to think of the number of sales for the GBA/SP since that's alot to go through.[/QUOTE]

I thought I heard it was because it was cheaper to go with backlit screens since the micro and the DS use backlits... economies of scale, Nintendo pinching pennies, etc., etc., etc.

Just happened that this one was in our favor unlike other cost-cutting measures implemented by the Big N (scrapping the component video output on the GCN, anyone?)...

i heard that nintendo struck a deal on this backlighting technology stuff or whatever and they just implemented into the SP as well as the micro...

I'm QUITE interested in these new SPs. If they bring out a Retro NES SP with the new backlight, I'll buy it in a heartbeat.

Is the GBA Micro not out in the States yet? I picked up the Famicom version over here about 3 weeks ago.

Its really amazingly small and the screen is great, but I bought it mostly as a collectible. The box itself is really cool too. Its designed so when you open it up it looks like Bowser's Castle from SMB and once you take out the system, theres a picture of Mario and the Princess and it says "Thank you for choosing the Famicom version!". Very cool.

As for other details, the Japanese systems don't come with any extra faceplates, but a small pouch is included in the box. Also, the charger is proprietary to the Micro (meaning its different than the DS/SP chargers). The screen is incredibly bright and clear, I'm assuming its the same type used in the new SP.

I tried playing Castlevania: COTM first, and I was blown away by the clarity. I actually got on such a Castlevania kick that I played through all 3 GBA Castlevanias in one weekend!
Now to IMPORT the US version of Dawn of Sorrow...*rolls eyes*

Here is an interesting thing. Among my favorite GBA games are the import only Kuru Kuru Kururin and its sequel Kururin Paradise. These games are amazing and are like irritating stick where you guide a spinning stick through a maze.

Here is where it gets odd. On my new Graphite SP with the new screen, the stick would move erratcially when diagonals are used. I put it side by side with my frontlit SP and the old model does not do this.

I then bought another Graphite one, same thing, weird. Then I bought 3 Pearl Blue models and NONE of them did this! I know it sounds crazy as it is just a color, but the Pearl SP's did not behave the way the Graphite ones did with this particluar game.

I thought I was crazy so I did about an hour of testing with multiple copies of the game and SP systems, and sure enough, the Graphite one made the stick jump around.

why?

-maybe the Graphite were made on the assembly line first, then the Pearl Blue and something was different with the D-pad diagonals or the material used for the actual pad was harder of softer as it is a different color pad from the Pearl Blue models.

-maybe the screens changed slightly in their refresh rate and is causing the morphing on the game

-this particular game is very touchy when it comes to moving your stick quickly and maybe the screen slows things down, but I could swear that the stick was jumping around, I was way better at the game with the Pearl Blue and frontlit models and was hitting the walls all over with the Graphite model and I have played this game for hours on end.

Also, it is widely known that LCD screens vary from one to another as far as intial white levels, brightness and dead pixels. I want to note that the screens on these new models of SP's are no different. Most of them were a bit yellowish on the white screens compared with the one I kept, and a few did have some dead pixels. Most people would not have 2 to compare side by side like this and would not notice.

So, if you are a Kururin fan, get the Pearl Blue or you are going to suck.

I also called Nintendo to see if there were any other reports because a wonky D-pad would surely cause issues with other games that require sweeping D-pad motions using the diagonals like fighting games. No such reports, but he did say that import games were not tested and are not guaranteed to work, but the new screens will no doubt find their way to Japan at some point.

Just an observation if anyone cares.

[quote name='Nephilim']Here is an interesting thing. Among my favorite GBA games are the import only Kuru Kuru Kururin and its sequel Kururin Paradise. These games are amazing and are like irritating stick where you guide a spinning stick through a maze.

Here is where it gets odd. On my new Graphite SP with the new screen, the stick would move erratcially when diagonals are used. I put it side by side with my frontlit SP and the old model does not do this.

I then bought another Graphite one, same thing, weird. Then I bought 3 Pearl Blue models and NONE of them did this! I know it sounds crazy as it is just a color, but the Pearl SP's did not behave the way the Graphite ones did with this particluar game.

I thought I was crazy so I did about an hour of testing with multiple copies of the game and SP systems, and sure enough, the Graphite one made the stick jump around.

why?

-maybe the Graphite were made on the assembly line first, then the Pearl Blue and something was different with the D-pad diagonals or the material used for the actual pad was harder of softer as it is a different color pad from the Pearl Blue models.

-maybe the screens changed slightly in their refresh rate and is causing the morphing on the game

-this particular game is very touchy when it comes to moving your stick quickly and maybe the screen slows things down, but I could swear that the stick was jumping around, I was way better at the game with the Pearl Blue and frontlit models and was hitting the walls all over with the Graphite model and I have played this game for hours on end.

Also, it is widely known that LCD screens vary from one to another as far as intial white levels, brightness and dead pixels. I want to note that the screens on these new models of SP's are no different. Most of them were a bit yellowish on the white screens compared with the one I kept, and a few did have some dead pixels. Most people would not have 2 to compare side by side like this and would not notice.

So, if you are a Kururin fan, get the Pearl Blue or you are going to suck.

I also called Nintendo to see if there were any other reports because a wonky D-pad would surely cause issues with other games that require sweeping D-pad motions using the diagonals like fighting games. No such reports, but he did say that import games were not tested and are not guaranteed to work, but the new screens will no doubt find their way to Japan at some point.

Just an observation if anyone cares.[/QUOTE]
Are you one of those guys that make stores regret having a return policy? Speck of dust? Return. Fingerprint. Return. Looked at you funny? Return.

;)

No, but thanks for asking. It made one of my favorite games almost unplayable. I loved the new screen, but thought the D-pad behavior was weird. I spend thousands at Best Buy and Target, and haven't returned anything for years, I don't think they mind my business.

[quote name='Nephilim']No, but thanks for asking. It made one of my favorite games almost unplayable. I loved the new screen, but thought the D-pad behavior was weird. I spend thousands at Best Buy and Target, and haven't returned anything for years, I don't think they mind my business.[/QUOTE]
So here's another question you can thank me for asking - why'd you buy so many?

WhipSmart------I sold off my 4 fronlit models and planned to keep 3 of the new ones as I like to have a few around the house and one for traveling. I actually ended up keeping 2 of the Pearl Blue and 1 Graphite, just got back from returning 1 Graphite.

I suppose I sounded anal in my post, but I have about 120 GBA games and prefer that they all work properly. I hope this is all OK with you. I am not even sure why I posted this or why I am answering your questions, it won't happen again sir.

[quote name='Nephilim']WhipSmart------I sold off my 4 fronlit models and planned to keep 3 of the new ones as I like to have a few around the house and one for traveling. I actually ended up keeping 2 of the Pearl Blue and 1 Graphite, just got back from returning 1 Graphite.

I suppose I sounded anal in my post, but I have about 120 GBA games and prefer that they all work properly. I hope this is all OK with you. I am not even sure why I posted this or why I am answering your questions, it won't happen again sir.[/QUOTE]
Why not? They were honest questions. I was curious. Not everybody buys multiples of a console at a time. Well, at least I don't. I was just wondering if you were buying a bunch and picking the best and returning the rest, or whatever. Good day, sir.

Whipsmart----I mistook your tone, my bad. I did buy them with the intent of keeping atleast 3, but ended up returning a Graphite.

Someone had posted a few pages about some 'L' button issue he was having with his SP2 so I thought this may be of interest.

Good will to you.

Whipsmart----I mistook your tone, my bad. I did buy them with the intent of keeping atleast 3, but ended up returning a Graphite.

Someone had posted a few pages back about some 'L' button issue he was having with his SP2 so I thought this may be of interest.

Love to all.

Well, it appears there may be something to the D-pad thing on the SP2.

Others are reporting that the SP2 has a center click that allows more than one of the diagonals to be hit at the same time. This may have been a change that affected some of the SP2's and not others.

This would also explain the problem I was having.
Here is the thread at Gamefaqs
thread

Here is a CAG thread
CAG thread

bread's done
Back