Anyone else waste their money on the crapfest called Ultra Violet

bowmanarmy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
God that was one of the worst movies I have ever seen in Theathers. I almost would recommend it, so that you would have something to compare all crappy movies too.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']You would have to have Down Syndrome to think this was going to be a good movie.[/QUOTE]

Now that is funny, but there is nothing else in the movies right now

[quote name='bowmanarmy']Now that is funny, but there is nothing else in the movies right now[/QUOTE]

Which is when its time to dust off the old game collection and play something. Yeah I didn't think the movie would be any good, trailer was incredibly cheesy.

[quote name='Vampire Hunter D']Could of used a good R rating i think.[/QUOTE]
That's what my friend said. He told me if I enjoyed Equilibrium, I would enjoy this. But since I don't pay obnoxious movie ticket prices anymore, I'll be waiting for DVD either way.

Someone give me more details. Is it so bad it becomes worth seeing? Any really bad (good) scenes that stick out in you mind?

yeah really, it's reated PG-13. How much action and volience could it have ? Also that girl in it isn't even hot. Chances are if your on CAG you have a pile of games you don't touch. Take some time to play those then seem crappy movies.

Milla Jovovich is a babe. I will skullfuck your mom right now if you disagree.

Now that that's cleared up, is there any movie that you CAGs even like? Seems like all of the movie threads are "Did you see this shitpile" and "Which movie sucks more balls?"

If I wanted to see a bunch of people bitch about how awful something is, I would work at Hot Topic.

[quote name='SpazX']C'mon man, you know a movie's bad when even the previews are bad.[/quote]

Actually I thought the preview for Pirates of the Caribbean was bad. But as it turned out, the movie was good. So there are exceptions...

[quote name='Blade']
Now that that's cleared up, is there any movie that you CAGs even like? Seems like all of the movie threads are "Did you see this shitpile" and "Which movie sucks more balls?"

If I wanted to see a bunch of people bitch about how awful something is, I would work at Hot Topic.[/quote]

[quote name='The Shiznit']40 year old Virgin - :lol: :lol: funny ass movie[/quote] [quote name='Danro']Final Destination 3 - better than I thought it was going to be.[/quote] [quote name='The Shiznit']Sympathy for Mr Vengeance - good movie
March of the Penguins[/quote] [quote name='The Shiznit']Ultimate Avengers - it was actually pretty good, better than I thought it would be[/quote] [quote name='shieryda']"Underworld: Evolution" - way better than the first film. Ms. Beckinsale looking hot, as usual.[/quote] [quote name='cdeener']16 Blocks

Surprised me that it actually has some very funny moments for an intense drama. Well acted by all involved and shows off Mos Def's acting chops.

Have to say that Bruce Willis did a better job in this than with Hostage. If you like cop dramas and have a couple hours to spare I definately recommend this movie.[/quote] [quote name='Mex25']Shaun of the dead - hilarious and yet also kind of gory

Tears of the sun - pretty good action movie[/quote] [quote name='sonderiaom']Into the Blue

Love Actually

First one was awesome, second one was slightly disjointed but cool none-the-less. As well, blockbuster is starting to piss me off, almost every single movie they're sending me now have so many scratches that my PS2 has trouble reading them and skips huge portions of the scenes.[/quote] [quote name='Tiphireth']I rented American Psycho again. God, what a fine film. I should buy it, but I'm a bit short on the monies. :cry:[/quote] [quote name='Zman310']Juliet of the Spirits

A visual feast, with wonderful cinematography; a great film overall, one of the finest Fellini's I've seen.[/quote]
There. We just make topics about the shitty ones so we can advise people not to see them.

It had some grade B- ass kicking in it and yes, an R rating would have made it better. Plot wise...it sucked ass I mean come on *SPOILER*--The kids name was Six for Christ's sake--*SPOILER*. I told my friend that is was a mix of Aeon Flux and Kill Bill without the plot and blood.

[quote name='Xevious']Actually I thought the preview for Pirates of the Caribbean was bad. But as it turned out, the movie was good. So there are exceptions...[/quote]
Another exception was Serenity. Serenity had some really bad TV ads, but the movie was great.

I actually just got out of the last of the night's showings. While I may have had a 4 beer buzz going in, I thought it was actually pretty good for the first 30 minutes or so.

I'm not sure if thats exactly how long it is-- But the first bit, before Kurt decided to throw in Mila talking a whole lot-- was actually pretty cool.

The scene where she was cracking the glass/ceramic armor was pretty badass.

I agree-- It's not worth the 7-12 dollars, but I got in for free, so It was some decent entertainment. Just don't expect to be wowed, thats all.

The fact that there was no critic pre-screening certified this one as DOA.

Thankfully, I spent my money on Dave Chappelle's Block Party, which I am now looking forward to an extended DVD cut of.

It's amazing how many shitty movies are marketed in a way to make people go watch them, only to realize they were suckered in afterward.

When will people learn? :roll:

Jenn and I decided to go out on a date Friday night (it's been forever since we had) and thought Applebee's and a flick would be nice and simple. We were actually going to see this but we were both so tired from work... we decided to go home and I made her watch Dodgeball since she hadn't seen it.

Thank you Chuck Norris.

Funny user review on Yahoo...

http://movies.yahoo.com/mvc/dfrv?mid=1808744517&s=&rvid=255-663965&i=13&spl=&ys=UV3vgchBEpZk1mfQH6NJSA--

Flat out sucked
[SIZE=-2]by eatpickleloaf2001 (movies profile) Mar 3, 2006[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]10 of 17 people found this review helpful [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Anybody who rates this thing any higher than "turd" is either some teenager with a permanent stiffie, or an idiot.

Bad story, bad acting, bad flow, almost complete absence of MJ quasi-nudity that could easily have salvaged this flick (and trust me, our expectations were WAY low).

Any director that takes this basic equation (cool science fiction backdrop plus ultra hot Milla running around kicking ass in tight -- or better, no -- clothing) and f's it up this bad is lucky to get a D- if you ask me.[/SIZE]

[quote name='fart_bubble']You also have to remember that Kurt Wimmer was kicked off the project midway through.[/QUOTE]
Ya, I had read that same rumor in a review, maybe some day through the power of DVD we will see a Director's Cut assuming the rumor turns out to be true. Seriously WTF do studios think Box Office is down? You ask Wes Craven to make a werewolf movie, then screw with him six ways till sunday. You ask Kurt Wimmer to make a bigger budgeted move in the style of Equilibrium, then alledegly boot him off the project.

Sadly I saw this over the weekend. And let me tell you guys, I totally agree, it flat out sucked. Disjointed, crappy plot, the action wasn't even that good, though the sci-fi world was intriguiing with the various things like putting swords and guns in your arms to hide them. i was so looking into seeing this film to since the guy that did Equilibrium was supposed to have done this. Sadly it just sucked....bad. I mean, i was laughing at certain parts of the movie.

I saw it on sunday and didn't think it was that bad. It wasn't a blockbuster hit, but at least it has some action and neat ideas. I might pick it up on DVD if there is a director's cut or if it is like really cheap.

Well it was an action movie with all of like 10 minutes of action. I was let down. There was a bad ass motercycle chace that was about 2 minutes though.

Meh/10

Well it was an action movie with all of like 10 minutes of action. I was let down. There was a bad ass motercycle chace that was about 2 minutes though.

Meh/10

I bet Bloodrayne is worse. That movie is up for worst movie of the year in my eyes. I watched it for free and I wanted some money for watching it in return.

Meatloaf is in an action scene, that is all anyone needs to know.

I was originally looking forward to this, the whole "Equilibrium" connection, but every preview made me more and more nervous. I waited to hear word of mouth. I will definitely not be seeing it, I'll Netflix it in a few months.

I was one of the only people I knew who though equilibrium was garbage and the only reason anyone liked it is because it was the movie everyone wanted to make themselves. It was ripoff F451, 1984, Matrix.. that broke the rules of it's own movie. I told everyone, "Mark my words, the next one will suck, or he'll make one just like it with a bigger budget".

I win on both accounts. Now lets just forget this director ever existed.

[quote name='zewone']I left after the first 15 minutes. It was terrible.[/QUOTE]

Trust me, you left at the right time. It only gets worse from that point on, MUCH worse. The opening credits were actually the best part of the movie even though the score and premise were kind of a ripoff of Spider-man 2.

[quote name='Rags']Meatloaf is in an action scene, that is all anyone needs to know.[/QUOTE]
haven't seen ultra violet, or bloodrayne, and i don't plan on either. however, i enjoyed the use of meatloaf in fight club, and i would count those scenes as action (the basement brawls, the starbucks/public art sabotage). the trick is knowing how to properly utilize your actors to make the most of a given scene.

[quote name='James Berardinelli, REELVIEWS']"Uwe Boll would be proud of this movie. It's pretentious and oh-so-serious. The tone of the movie is one of high art, but it stinks like a landfill."[/QUOTE]

:rofl:ouch!

bread's done
Back