anyone getting SF:AC?

I guess if I wanted to play retro fighting games, I'll stick to my MK2/3 on Midway Treasures 2.....

I've lost my appeal for fighting games anyways

[quote name='terribledeli']I pre-ordered mine when it was scheduled for October. Oddly, Gamestop.com sent me my Anniversary shirt around that time.[/quote]

Sweeet. I preordered from Gamestop as well, but my credit card expired and my order was cancelled. I really wanted that shirt too. =/

If it's any consolation... I saw the shirt up close and it was pretty ugly (assuming its the same one they were giving away with the PS2 version).

So is this really coming out this week? I thought it was supposed to, but it wasn't featured in any of the weekly ads. Although one of the stores advertised the PS2 version for this week, oddly enough.

About SF1, anybody remember that some of the cabinets came with two oversized rubbery buttons per player, one for punch and one for kick, that you had to actually pound on? Hit it hard for a hard punch, light for a light punch, etc.? I seem to remember this from when I was young, but I'm not sure if I'm confusing it with some other game.

[quote name='mbstuff']About SF1, anybody remember that some of the cabinets came with two oversized rubbery buttons per player, one for punch and one for kick, that you had to actually pound on? Hit it hard for a hard punch, light for a light punch, etc.? I seem to remember this from when I was young, but I'm not sure if I'm confusing it with some other game.[/quote]Your memory serves you well... I myself have never seen one of these, but I have heard numerous reports about them. So you're not imagining things. As I understand it, early units had the two big masher buttons and later cabinets had a normal 6-button setup.

[quote name='mbstuff']About SF1, anybody remember that some of the cabinets came with two oversized rubbery buttons per player, one for punch and one for kick, that you had to actually pound on? Hit it hard for a hard punch, light for a light punch, etc.? I seem to remember this from when I was young, but I'm not sure if I'm confusing it with some other game.[/quote]

You are correct in your assumption. The early versions had 2 buttons that you had to pound on.

I have been waiting for this game for a long time.

I have the giant EB controller at home waiting for this game.
I am picking it up on Friday (payday) so this weekend it is time for some old school beat downs. Anyone not on my friends list send me an request.
The more SF2 players on my list the better.

Watch out for Blanka :twisted:

I got the PS2 version because I could not wait. Do you think I should trade it in or did anyone here want to trade for it. PM me if interested before Friday because if no one responses I probably going to trade it in.

Got it, biatches. Let's go. GT: ScorchX. They only had two. The manager was getting the other one. They didn't get MLB 2K5 in today, though. They said tomorrow.

Apparently Capcom's definition of "very easy" differs greatly from mine. I'm playing SF2 and i'm getting the holy shit kicked out of me.. which makes no sense, because I was playing SF2 last night (SNES) and owning up the place. It's on very easy and the computer doesn't even give you a chance to get up.. pissing me off.

THIS GAME IS UN fuckING BELIEVABLE! Zagnief doing a piledriver that takes out 75% of my health!? EXCUSE ME, it barely even took 15% in SF2! What teh fuck is going on with this. I'll get him down to where there's literally no life in his bar and he somehow magically comes back and wins. I'm almost ready to break this fucking CD in half. I'm going to head on to XBox Live here in a second.

Hands down the cheapest game i've played this year. I just played Dee Jay and he'd fire off something and i'd throw a fireball to counter it with Ryu.. and then, somehow, magically, Dee Jay fires off another, another and another in rapid succession. Keep in mind that this is on normal. I'm trying it on easiest right now, yet it still seems like it's set on hard. They block almost everything.

//edit, this is gay. Blanka literally gave me no chance to even get up and decided to win the match by jumping and clawing. Constantly. This game's about 5 minutes away from getting me a fucking refund.

Not really a fan of the remixed themes, either. CPS I is about the closest it gets, and even then.. bleh. Why couldn't they just include the original music?!

This game's about 5 minutes away from getting me a shaq-fuing refund.

And in 30 minutes...he will edit his post again. This time, ranting about the EB employee who won't let him return his opened game. :wink:

Seriously though, that sucks. Did you try it online yet?

[quote name='Scahom1']
This game's about 5 minutes away from getting me a shaq-fuing refund.

And in 30 minutes...he will edit his post again. This time, ranting about the EB employee who won't let him return his opened game. :wink:

Seriously though, that sucks. Did you try it online yet?[/quote]

#1, I'm a former EB employee. That said, I don't shop at EB.

#2, no, not yet. I don't want to play with random people that drop, but I guess i'll give it a shot.

I'm trying it online now. Suprisingly, there's already an update. Maybe it fixes the damn cheapness.

//edit I think it did. It seems much, much, much more balanced out now. I also chose to set the game at a slow pace.

For anyone that gets it, turn it to the easiest setting and play arcade mode. Watch how cheap it is.

How does the fucking computer know always what you're going to do.. specifically, every fucking time I jump, T. Hawk does a jump up.. every time I try to do a low attack, he jumps and dives down. EVERY. DAMN. TIME. What the hell is wrong with this game.. it worked fine the first few fights, now it's like it suddenly slipped into hard mode or something. It's entirely possible that maybe I just suck, but I played Street Fighter 2 the other night and had no problem beating the game. It just seems extremely, extremely, extremely cheap to me.

I'm signing on to Live now. It's took like 30 seconds to connect.

Hey, cool. There's absolutely no way to look at your friends list when signed on to XBox Live. Oh, sure, you can make a match and make it friends only, but can you actually invite them to the match? Nope.

//edit Nevermind. You have to hit the start menu to find the friends list.

I could have told you the game was uber cheap before you even bought it :wink:

it is one of those games where I cannot stand playing the Single player because of how bad it is. MP is highly enjoybale though

Hey Scorch, why don't you play SFIII single player instead? The computer AI is MUCH more fair and balanced in that game yet still challenging (except for Gill, he's always cheap).

[quote name='Scorch']Trying out SF3.. MUCH better.[/quote]
Just wait until you fight Gill. His moves beat out all of yours, and one of his supers takes away like 1/4 of your life if you block it (about 50% if you don't)!

[quote name='yops2k'][quote name='Scorch']Trying out SF3.. MUCH better.[/quote]
Just wait until you fight Gill. His moves beat out all of yours, and one of his supers takes away like 1/4 of your life if you block it (about 50% if you don't)![/quote]

Don't forget his cheapest move: "Resurrection!"

RAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Gill sucks. He only used Resurrection in the second round. It took about five tries, but I kicked his ass. He's awesome. Too bad it didn't unlock him.. I liked SF3 much more than 2. That's actually the first time i've ever played SF3.

I can beat SF2 on the PS2 version but not SF3... See I used to play SF2 hardcore back in the day... Also, I like Bison and I know how the CPU uses him. In SF3, I always die at Gill's stage. I'm not gonna bother checking a FAQ for strategies... fuck Gill... SF3 is a mighty cool game though. Surprisingly, I never played it before I got the AC for PS2.

I was going to get the xbox version..
until I found the PS2 one for $15 and also a PS2 chun-li controller for $15. I figured I can put up with playing it on my roomate's ps2 if i get to pay half price.. It's awesome, btw.

[quote name='Scorch']..but the PS2 one came out months ago and isn't even online![/quote]

My school blocks xbox live anyway.. Besides, I got roomates to beat down with chun li's thunder thighs..

[quote name='yops2k'][quote name='Scorch']Trying out SF3.. MUCH better.[/quote]
Just wait until you fight Gill. His moves beat out all of yours, and one of his supers takes away like 1/4 of your life if you block it (about 50% if you don't)![/quote]

I kno that damn move my friend calls it the " taste the Rainbow" move .

hows the online play guys? any lag? gulity gear was terrible! the lag was horrendous!! an i always had an excellent in my concection. are updates avalible for the game or will there be updates?
i own it for dc,ps2 and soon xbox. dam ima sf addict help me!!!

Hey my friend says they fucked up the controller convertor users. He has a SF:AC Akuma controller with magic-box adaptor and he said It's hard to even jump or pull off dragon punchs, is this true? I got the SF:AC Akuma controller and owned ass with it, the only let down was the inability to trash talk.

Scorch, Im a little late here, but where did you find SVC Chaos for 19.99? Gamecrazy? Another thing, does anyone know if this sucker is coming out for PS2? I have most of my fighters there, and would like to throw it in for PS2.

[quote name='xenoman80']hows the online play guys? any lag? gulity gear was terrible! the lag was horrendous!! an i always had an excellent in my concection. are updates avalible for the game or will there be updates?
i own it for dc,ps2 and soon xbox. dam ima sf addict help me!!![/quote]

well i played about 4 games and there was little to no lag in the games. theres an update u have to do before u play sf:ac online but no download content for this game. theres not people playing sf2 but good amount were playin 3rd strike

I'm going to compile a list of Street Fighter Xbox Live tags. I won't be on for a few weeks, but thought this list might be nice when I do start playing. Post which game you'll be playing and whether the current tags on here are correct or not (I assumed a few). I put the unknowns in the both category for now. I'll edit this as people post.

Street Fighter III: Third Strike:

Taejoo (Battousai1002)

Hyper Street fighter II:

BigMes (flybrione)

Both:

Arikado (Arikado)
aznplaya4lif3 (H-Town Info)
Busta Uppa (BustaUppa)
Caesar312 (cgh312)
Casey Ryback (CaseyRyback)
Darkside Hazuki (Darkside Hazuki)
demontooth01 (Demontooth)
DipsetNJN (Scahom1)
DmanCali (dman1869)
fieldkillah (fieldkillah)
GenDV00138 (GenDV138)
HoEDaDdY (magilacudy)
Jagr69 (Monsta Mack)
kristianator (kristianator)
Ledhed (Ledhed)
metaxin (tmei03)
rocknrollpart5 (rocknrollpart5)
ScorchX (Scorch)
Socheata (Socheata)
Tojokun1 (Tojo)
Ultimate Matt X (Ultimate Matt X)
xenoman80 (xenoman80)

I'll be playing a bit as long as my controller works, but I'll also be playing Halo 2 alot as usual.

I should have my game tomorrow. I'll be playing classic with T.Hawk and third Strike with Dudley and Alex.

[quote name='Battousai1002']I'm going to compile a list of Street Fighter Xbox Live tags. I won't be on for a few weeks, but thought this list might be nice when I do start playing. Post which game you'll be playing and whether the current tags on here are correct or not (I assumed a few). I put the unknowns in the both category for now. I'll edit this as people post.

Street Fighter III: Third Strike:

Taejoo

Hyper Street fighter II:

Both:

Arikado
aznplaya4lif3
CaseyRyback
DipsetNJN
DmanCali
fieldkillah
Jagr69
Ledhed
rocknrollpart5
ScorchX[/quote]

I will put the list in the original post when I get home tomorrow and mark forum names next to GT's.

Hopefully Casey Ryback is available when I sign onto live next week and set up a new account

and Nuby is shooting themselves in the foot by not having the SF controllers available at launch. They cant ever seem to release a game controller when the fuckin game comes out (looks at RE4 chainsaw controller)

My record stands at 6 wins and 16 losses. I'm a glutton for punishment.
Actually, I haven't used my Reflex stick in about two years, and totally forgot
how to play. Must...practice...

All of the games I played were 100% lag free.

Top notch. Go get it.

Tag is Darkside Hazuki. Feel free to pound on me for a while.

Glad to hear there's no lag. I'll have to pick this one up.

Oh, and forgive me for having no clue, but is lag in Capcom Vs. SNK 2 EO bad? If not, I might grab that as well (assuming I can find it at somewhere like a used game store).

I picked it up today as well. I used to play 3rd Strike all the freakin' time before Halo 2 came out, so now I'm a little rusty. I played a bit of both 3rd Strike and Hyper Street Fighter II with Ledhed earlier and we were lagging hardcore. My connection has been crappy all night though, so that's probably why.

When I'm not playing Halo 2, I'll mostly be playing 3rd Strike, but I won't ignore Hyper Street Fighter II. My gamertag is Arikado. Add me if you want to play.

I'm most likely going to pick this game up when Best Buy gets it in, probably check tomorrow since I'll be passing one on the way to EB.

[quote name='Arikado']I played a bit of both 3rd Strike and Hyper Street Fighter II with Ledhed earlier and we were lagging hardcore. My connection has been crappy all night though, so that's probably why.[/quote]

Yeah, we got hit pretty hard with lag. Every other match I played today went smoothly though, so I imagine it was just Ari's connection.

It's a shame they didn't bother to implement the "party" system from DOA:U where everyone could watch the current fight and chat together. But, I'll take what I can get.

[quote name='SolidSnakeX99']Scorch, Im a little late here, but where did you find SVC Chaos for 19.99? Gamecrazy? Another thing, does anyone know if this sucker is coming out for PS2? I have most of my fighters there, and would like to throw it in for PS2.[/quote]

It's $19.99 used at my GC, they have two copies.. I might do some trades tomorrow and get it, since they don't tax trade-ins.. but I don't think either copy comes with the instruction book.. unless they pulled it out and hid it behind the counter, which they've been doing lately..

I haven't played online yet. I refuse to play anyone that's not from CAG.. I don't want to play droppers.

[quote name='Scorch']I refuse to play anyone that's not from CAG.. I don't want to play droppers.[/quote]

I played SF:AC for a cumulative hour and 1/2 today, and didn't get one dropper. In fact, everyone I played with was very polite and I had a blast each game.

Get ready to get smashed CAGers, the X is coming. :)

Actually, I'll probably get the hell beat out of me. I'll be on this tonight hopefully. No more heavy Halo playing until I get some maps, its Street Fighter for me.

Gamertag: Ultimate Matt X

[quote name='Pylis']Glad to hear there's no lag. I'll have to pick this one up.

Oh, and forgive me for having no clue, but is lag in Capcom Vs. SNK 2 EO bad? If not, I might grab that as well (assuming I can find it at somewhere like a used game store).[/quote]

When CvS EO hit a few years back, you'd encounter a little lag here and there. Mostly dependant on your connection. I never had much trouble with it, and the game is a blast. It's entertaining to whup on folks who think EO is a good idea. Especially if they pick Blanka.

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki'][quote name='Pylis']Glad to hear there's no lag. I'll have to pick this one up.

Oh, and forgive me for having no clue, but is lag in Capcom Vs. SNK 2 EO bad? If not, I might grab that as well (assuming I can find it at somewhere like a used game store).[/quote]

When CvS EO hit a few years back, you'd encounter a little lag here and there. Mostly dependant on your connection. I never had much trouble with it, and the game is a blast. It's entertaining to whup on folks who think EO is a good idea. Especially if they pick Blanka.[/quote]

How do you beat an EO blanka with an AC anybody in CvsS2? Blanka was one of the most overpowered characters in that game, and if they just ball and shock the entire time, you're finished.

You can't beat that with AC.

bread's done
Back