anyone getting SF:AC?

This game makes me want Xbox Live badly. Scorch, arent people supposed to, correct me if I'm wrong, try to take down your life bar so they can win during a fighting game?

damn, what an awesome time to come back to CAG. i've finally got my xbl all set up and sf:ac is now in... so who wants some? this is my first time using xbl, so i'm about to deflower myself. anyone down for a game... my xbl and aim name is kristianator.

[quote name='Ledhed']Jesus Scorch, you could bitch about anything, couldn't you?[/quote]

I don't believe that comment was warranted, especially by a mod. My complaint was tongue-in-cheek, hence why I complimented him after he replied. I'm not pissed off. I played more tonight. I get pissed if I get cornered, that's all. Don't worry about it. I don't drop from games.

come on ive been whipin ass all note just got the game and the onlines excellent no lag whatsoever. who want some bitches !!!!!!!!!!!
ill be on lata on to whip azz so challege me!!!

okay, my first night on xbl and my record now sucks. i tried using my ps2/xbox controller adaptor so i could use my joystick, but the shit was running like molasses... to anyone using a stick on xbl (and isn't getting crazy lag time from it), what adaptor are you using?

[quote name='xenoman80']come on ive been whipin ass all note just got the game and the onlines excellent no lag whatsoever. who want some bitches !!!!!!!!!!!
ill be on lata on to whip azz so challege me!!![/quote]

You're so mine tomorrow.

[quote name='kristianator']okay, my first night on xbl and my record now sucks. i tried using my ps2/xbox controller adaptor so i could use my joystick, but the shit was running like molasses... to anyone using a stick on xbl (and isn't getting crazy lag time from it), what adaptor are you using?[/quote]I'm using an X-Arcade dual joystick thing with their XBOX adaptor. The thing does seems to bug out once every 20 matches or so, but for the most part it is working great. If it freaks out, sometimes just unplugging it from the XBOX controller port and plugging it back in seems to help. I haven't really had lag issues (well, none that a non-tournament player like myself would notice, anyway).

[quote name='BustaUppa'][quote name='kristianator']okay, my first night on xbl and my record now sucks. i tried using my ps2/xbox controller adaptor so i could use my joystick, but the shit was running like molasses... to anyone using a stick on xbl (and isn't getting crazy lag time from it), what adaptor are you using?[/quote]I'm using an X-Arcade dual joystick thing with their XBOX adaptor. The thing does seems to bug out once every 20 matches or so, but for the most part it is working great. If it freaks out, sometimes just unplugging it from the XBOX controller port and plugging it back in seems to help. I haven't really had lag issues (well, none that a non-tournament player like myself would notice, anyway).[/quote]

hmm... i'd rather try to find a working adaptor for my custom stick, but if worst comes to worst, i'll just dust off my x-arcade and get that x-box adaptor then. anything is better than the x-box controller i guess. thanks for the tip.

i'm a non-tourney player too, but i do practice a lot on the ps2 and play in the arcades, and man... i just gotta say that playing "competitively" on xbl really throws you off from non-online play. the timing on it is so crazy. sometimes parrying is insanely easy, other times it's downright impossible. there definitely is input lag, and most of the combos i would normally pull off i'd have to input commands way way earlier than normal.

all in all, i think it's pretty cool. multi-region is definitely awesome. nothing better than getting your ass kicked by japanese urien players. someone mentioned earlier about being able to watch matches and chat... i think that would've been a nice addition... could they normally add stuff like that? i'm new to xbl so i have no idea...

this is gonna be yanking my attention away from world of warcraft for a while, so if anyone ever feels like playing against a mediocre makoto player, add my xbl: kristianator.

and one last thing... before anyone says anything about it, throwing isn't cheap! jeez, if you don't wanna get thrown, then don't get so close... haha.

I don't get any input lag outside of the SF:AC controllers, they suck horribly with SF:AC for whatever reason.

Yes you could watch other people fight, and people would take turns in a round robbin. It was in DOA:Ultimate. It has the best features of any online fighting game ever atm.

Hmm... I dont know how much I'll be playing SF:AC over the next month since I just got RE4, maybe more after I beat it.

I've played Ultimate Matt X so far, he's pretty good. I still need some practice though, haven't played Street Fighter for a few years.

[quote name='kristianator']damn, the other night and this morning, all i've been playing against is SAIII kens...[/quote]

that sucks. Even though I favor a character, you got to mix it up.

I have no problems losing with Alex or Remy :lol:

and I should have my Xbox and SF:AC sometime this week. Working out deals on both

I use the XBox controller with the SF controller problems. I'm getting use to it, outside of T.Hawk's "The Hawk" which uses three punchs, its annoying to pull off.

And man does anyone talk during 2d fighting games? I had 50+ matchs yesterday and not one person talks. Even a "Nice" would be refreshing.

I really do wish I could start playing this online. I'm a huge Street Fighter and 2D fighting game fan, but my connection has just been awful lately. 3rd Strike is a game where you just can't have any lag period, especially since I play as Q. Parrying and juggling are a must with him.

Comcast needs to get this stuff sorted out. I'm sick of calling and getting forwarded to their late-night tech support lines in India or where ever it is.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']I use the XBox controller with the SF controller problems. I'm getting use to it, outside of T.Hawk's "The Hawk" which uses three punchs, its annoying to pull off.

And man does anyone talk during 2d fighting games? I had 50+ matchs yesterday and not one person talks. Even a "Nice" would be refreshing.[/quote]

i didn't talk to anyone because i don't really like talking when i play in the arcade. a few people tried to talk to me, and i think they actually left because i didn't talk back.

you're right though. it'd be nice if people talked a little more. maybe i'll say something next time.

My overstock.com order is still "IN PROCESS" although they've already charged my VISA, $28.00 (shipped). Hopefully, it will be here sometime this week.

I also rented it from GameFLY and that shipped on Friday. :)

[quote name='WildWop']What controllers / joysticks are you all using to play this?[/quote]

none of my adaptors for my ps2 joysticks (or the ps2 controllers for that matter) work properly... i get so much input lag from the controllers that it's not even fun. i'm stuck using a regular xbox controller until i find a good adaptor or at least an xbox controller that isn't shitty for fighting games.

[quote name='kristianator'][quote name='WildWop']What controllers / joysticks are you all using to play this?[/quote]

none of my adaptors for my ps2 joysticks (or the ps2 controllers for that matter) work properly... i get so much input lag from the controllers that it's not even fun. i'm stuck using a regular xbox controller until i find a good adaptor or at least an xbox controller that isn't shitty for fighting games.[/quote]

I ordered a Dreambox converter from Lik-Sang yesterday. I'll let you know how it works out.

Whoops, I meant to accept your invite Caesar but I was in the middle of a match. Then I got a invite for Halo 2. So I quit SF and started Halo, only to find the game had been closed. So I went back into SF, then I got an invite for Halo again. I was like screw this man so I just kept playing Street Fighter. Hey I'm new to XBL so this friend list stuff still confuses the hell out of me.

Hey, no problem Busta. I didn't even know I sent you an invite!
I am still getting used to SF's use of the friends list. Today was my first day playing SF Collection online, so I wasn't quite sure what I was doing either.
I'll catch you online some other time.

On a completely seperate note, is there any way to tell which SF game a friend is playing. I could see friends playing SF Anniversary Collection, but could not tell if they were online in SFII or SFIII?
What have you guys been doing? Just sending a invite and seeing what happens?

Okay, I just got the game a few minutes ago. Add me to your Xbox Live friends list if you wish to (XBL gamertag: Socheata). I may have to clear out some names before some of you can add me... :?

[quote name='cgh312']On a completely seperate note, is there any way to tell which SF game a friend is playing. I could see friends playing SF Anniversary Collection, but could not tell if they were online in SFII or SFIII?
What have you guys been doing? Just sending a invite and seeing what happens?[/quote]

If you get an invite while playing the other version, it will tell you it needs to exit out of the game in order to accept the invite. Once you do, it will automatically bring you to the "accept invite" screen for the version your friend was playing.

[quote name='rawisjericho']Should I get this game even though I cannot get xbox live?[/quote]
If you have friends that will play with you, yes. If not, no.

Reposting the list. I'm also thinking about removing the game sections since no one seems to be specifying what they're playing. Original post with updated list:

I'm going to compile a list of Street Fighter Xbox Live tags. I won't be on for a few weeks, but thought this list might be nice when I do start playing. Post which game you'll be playing and whether the current tags on here are correct or not (I assumed a few). I put the unknowns in the both category for now. I'll edit this as people post.

Street Fighter III: Third Strike:

Ramen NoodleS 1 (twanky)
Taejoo (Battousai1002)

Hyper Street fighter II:

BigMes (flybrione)
definit (bahn)

Both:

Arikado (Arikado)
aznplaya4lif3 (H-Town Info)
Busta Uppa (BustaUppa)
Caesar312 (cgh312)
Casey Ryback (CaseyRyback)
Darkside Hazuki (Darkside Hazuki)
demontooth01 (Demontooth)
DipsetNJN (Scahom1)
DmanCali (dman1869)
fieldkillah (fieldkillah)
GenDV00138 (GenDV138)
HoEDaDdY (magilacudy)
Jagr69 (Monsta Mack)
kristianator (kristianator)
LedheD 01 (Ledhed)
Maizrim (Maizrim)
metaxin (tmei03)
rocknrollpart5 (rocknrollpart5)
ScorchX (Scorch)
Socheata (Socheata)
Tojokun1 (Tojo)
Ultimate Matt X (Ultimate Matt X)
xenoman80 (xenoman80)

wildwop, i think the general consensus from some of the fighting game forums (namely shoryuken) is that the magic box adaptors don't work either. i may (hopefully) be wrong though. let us know...

[quote name='kristianator']wildwop, i think the general consensus from some of the fighting game forums (namely shoryuken) is that the magic box adaptors don't work either. i may (hopefully) be wrong though. let us know...[/quote]

Will do. It shipped yesterday, so I'll post on it sometime within the next two weeks. What kind of a range is "7-20 days" anyway? Are importers like the cable company?

threw down with another ken player tonight... and took that shit to school with elena! beats in my head...

also played a pretty good hugo player... it's amazing how fast that guy can be.

I just got the game today. I haven't owned a Street Fighter really since SSFII Turbo on the SNES, so I'll probably get my ass kicked online and get called "cheap" and a "n00b". But hey, maybe I'll get lucky and do OK.

Regardless, I've been looking forward to some good online 2D fighting.

*goes to open game*

I just got the game myself but before I jump online, I'd like to know more about what arcade joysticks work best with the Xbox.

I've looked into the X-Arcade and some of the Hori joysticks - although most seem to be made just for the PS2.

Any suggestions?

It would be nice to have the two player X-Arcade joystick, but I doubt the wife would want me to spend the same amount as the Xbox itself, on something that would take up more room in the house. :lol:

Gamestop sells the Pelican Universal Real Arcade Stick for $39.99, but they are back-ordered at the moment.

(tag - Maizrim)

How long do you guys think it'll be before this game drops to $19.99? I don't have Xbox Live, so I don't really want to drop $29.99 on it right now.

[quote name='Maizrim']I just got the game myself but before I jump online, I'd like to know more about what arcade joysticks work best with the Xbox.

I've looked into the X-Arcade and some of the Hori joysticks - although most seem to be made just for the PS2.

Any suggestions?

It would be nice to have the two player X-Arcade joystick, but I doubt the wife would want me to spend the same amount as the Xbox itself, on something that would take up more room in the house. :lol:

Gamestop sells the Pelican Universal Real Arcade Stick for $39.99, but they are back-ordered at the moment.

(tag - Maizrim)[/quote]Two-player X-Arcade is a good value in my opinion. A lot of people here think it sucks though and will tell you to build your own stick. Everyone says Hori and Mas are the best. I guess you have to figure how much you want to invest. If you want two joysticks, figure it this way... $150 for the two-player X-Arcade and $20 for an XBOX adapter. Order that straight from XGAMING and you get free shipping. That amounts to a grand total $85 per stick. So I'd say research Hori and Mas and find out how much the grand total of stick+adaptor ends up running you. Also you should consider what you plan on using the sticks with. If you plan on using them with the PC as well, for MAME or anything like that, that's another plus for the X-Arcade since its PC compatible right out of the box (I use mine for MAME more than anything else). Hori and Mas might work for PC but I'm not sure.

[quote name='BustaUppa']
Two-player X-Arcade is a good value in my opinion. A lot of people here think it sucks though and will tell you to build your own stick. Everyone says Hori and Mas are the best. I guess you have to figure how much you want to invest. If you want two joysticks, figure it this way... $150 for the two-player X-Arcade and $20 for an XBOX adapter. Order that straight from XGAMING and you get free shipping. That amounts to a grand total $85 per stick. So I'd say research Hori and Mas and find out how much the grand total of stick+adaptor ends up running you. Also you should consider what you plan on using the sticks with. If you plan on using them with the PC as well, for MAME or anything like that, that's another plus for the X-Arcade since its PC compatible right out of the box (I use mine for MAME more than anything else). Hori and Mas might work for PC but I'm not sure.[/quote]

Thanks! I had not heard of "Mas" and will check into those. I would love to build a MAME system or learn how to use one like yourself. There are plenty of old games that I would love to play again. (mainly Commodore 64 and I used an old Atari joystick back in the day for those)

To be able to play Racing Destruction Set again would be heaven - that or some old Amiga 500 games I used to play as well.

As for Xbox - mainly fighting games like SFII and SCII or a lil Galaga on the side.

My wife and her friends would use it for Ms Pac-Man, so that might be a good selling point. (the married people know what I'm taking about) :)

Thanks again!

[quote name='Maizrim'][quote name='BustaUppa']
Two-player X-Arcade is a good value in my opinion. A lot of people here think it sucks though and will tell you to build your own stick. Everyone says Hori and Mas are the best. I guess you have to figure how much you want to invest. If you want two joysticks, figure it this way... $150 for the two-player X-Arcade and $20 for an XBOX adapter. Order that straight from XGAMING and you get free shipping. That amounts to a grand total $85 per stick. So I'd say research Hori and Mas and find out how much the grand total of stick+adaptor ends up running you. Also you should consider what you plan on using the sticks with. If you plan on using them with the PC as well, for MAME or anything like that, that's another plus for the X-Arcade since its PC compatible right out of the box (I use mine for MAME more than anything else). Hori and Mas might work for PC but I'm not sure.[/quote]

Thanks! I had not heard of "Mas" and will check into those. I would love to build a MAME system or learn how to use one like yourself. There are plenty of old games that I would love to play again. (mainly Commodore 64 and I used an old Atari joystick back in the day for those)

To be able to play Racing Destruction Set again would be heaven - that or some old Amiga 500 games I used to play as well.

As for Xbox - mainly fighting games like SFII and SCII or a lil Galaga on the side.

My wife and her friends would use it for Ms Pac-Man, so that might be a good selling point. (the married people know what I'm taking about) :)

Thanks again![/quote]

i own 2 custom sticks and one of those 2-player x-arcade sticks, and the custom sticks definitely feel a lot better for fighting games.

BUT, busta has a point, and you're looking at a roughly decent price for 2 (although they are combined) sticks. also, there seems to be somewhat of a problem with a lot of controller converters for custom sticks on xbox(since most of them are made from psx/ps2 controller guts). it lags so much that i pretty much have to use the non-fighting game friendly xbox controller for sf:ac instead of my sticks. i think mas makes sticks with xbox controller guts, or you can use x-arcade with xbox adapter.

I play pretty often on Hyper Street Fighter.

All challenges welcome -- add "definit" to your list. :)

[quote name='WildWop'][quote name='kristianator']wildwop, i think the general consensus from some of the fighting game forums (namely shoryuken) is that the magic box adaptors don't work either. i may (hopefully) be wrong though. let us know...[/quote]

Will do. It shipped yesterday, so I'll post on it sometime within the next two weeks. What kind of a range is "7-20 days" anyway? Are importers like the cable company?[/quote]

The converter worked with a normal PS2 controller but for some reason did not work for the SF Anniversary controller. Very disappointing.

[quote name='Maizrim']I just found this link - gives a bit more info and reviews some of the joysticks that have been mentioned in this thread:

Are You a True Console Warrior?[/quote]
sweet reviews !!! i really want a good one are those the best of the best !!?? any other company that makes good ones? i just want one that works and has xbox live compatibly so i can talk trash to the losers !!!!!
and be muliti system gc/ps2/xbox or at least xbox an ps2.

bread's done
Back