anyone got GTA: San Andreas yet? GTA:SA discussion thread!

[quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='Scrubking']I'm number 1187 in the preorder line for tonight. I'm just hoping a lot of people don't know or can't make it for the 7pm time.[/quote]

Damn!!!!
This is exactly why I love online ordering...no lines and no fuss (usually ;))
I took advantage of the 1 day free overnight shipping from EB...probably get it tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest.[/quote]

I did the same exact thing, ordered from EB with free overnight. And on their website they say tracking info is not functional, but that all orders have shipped today! Hell yeah.

[quote name='Tromack']I guess I am the only person not excited about this.[/quote]

you can count me in the not excited class as well.

Nov. 17th is the day I plan on getting excited about the release of a game

IGN must throw out the lowest score in their review (8.5 in graphics) in order to boost the overall score since it would be 9.6 if they averaged out their scoring breakdown.

I'll get mine whenever my BB has it. I like the deal of getting a GH for $5. I gotta call them and see when they get it in. I didn't pre-order, no need to.

I really could care less about SA because I got III and thats all I need. I dont dig the whole thug culture deal I dont care to be some ganster slanging rock and stealing speakers from cars. Also why would they choose this one to put a country station in. I am just waiting on MGS and GT4,

yea I got mine right next to, the barrel of enternal life, and the dump truck of money. bascilly i will be a circuit city tomorrow as soon as the open the doors.

No, I don't are about it either. I loved GTA3, but I felt VC was just more of the same. It's crazy, because I am like an 80's nut, but I had zero desire to continue playing after about four or five hours. I won't be picking it up.

RD

[quote name='Tromack']I guess I am the only person not excited about this.[/quote]

This game is amazing!

Also I find it disgusting how some sites give the game a good score and all of a sudden people are wanting the game - can't you people make up your own minds?

And for the last time the thug theme is only about 25% of the game unless you want more of it.

Anyway, I got to my EB at 615 and there were a bunch of kids in there. By 700 the line was out the door. The sad part is that they were selling this game to anyone - no ID required.

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']I'll get mine whenever my BB has it. I like the deal of getting a GH for $5. I gotta call them and see when they get it in. I didn't pre-order, no need to.[/quote]

Does the ad say ANY greatest hits game? I was thinking, and if it does, you could probably get the GTA Double pack for $5. :whistle2:k

We be is be gotten dis game now yo. We iz beez thug killaz......whoa I was getting a little bit too much into the game there for a moment. I hope that I don't want to wreck my car and kill people in real life after playing this game for a few hours. Sometimes when I play video games, they make me do crazy stuff in real life until I come back to reality (which can take a few hours sometimes). Just remember this game along with III and Vice City is influencing our future generations. I wonder what the world will be like when everyone plays this game. ???

[quote name='Goodtone']We be is be gotten dis game now yo. We iz beez thug killaz......whoa I was getting a little bit too much into the game there for a moment. I hope that I don't want to wreck my car and kill people in real life after playing this game for a few hours. Sometimes when I play video games, they make me do crazy stuff in real life until I come back to reality (which can take a few hours sometimes). ???[/quote]

Crazy things like what? Incoherent posts on message boards??

[quote name='Trakan'][quote name='alfonsosoriano']I'll get mine whenever my BB has it. I like the deal of getting a GH for $5. I gotta call them and see when they get it in. I didn't pre-order, no need to.[/quote]

Does the ad say ANY greatest hits game? I was thinking, and if it does, you could probably get the GTA Double pack for $5. :whistle2:k[/quote]

I wonder if it would work with any $20 game because I want to get my kids that Nick Toons eye toy game

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='Tromack']I guess I am the only person not excited about this.[/quote]

Nov. 17th is the day I plan on getting excited about the release of a game[/quote]

I really could care less about this game. More of the same for me. GTA is starting to feel like Madden in my book. The next game is similar enough to the last one that I can wait on it and in no time there will be a price drop.

[quote name='Hush']My gamestop preorder says "shipped" (overnight), so I'm just going to relax the rest of the evening/night and loaf around the house tomorrow morning until the Fedex guy shows up :D[/quote]

Gamestop is good about shipping pre-orders Overnight, so I think you are in good shape (at least they have with all my past pre-orders).

[quote name='jlarlee'][quote name='Goodtone']We be is be gotten dis game now yo. We iz beez thug killaz......whoa I was getting a little bit too much into the game there for a moment. I hope that I don't want to wreck my car and kill people in real life after playing this game for a few hours. Sometimes when I play video games, they make me do crazy stuff in real life until I come back to reality (which can take a few hours sometimes). ???[/quote]

Crazy things like what? Incoherent posts on message boards??[/quote]

Yo whut it beez my thuggy G? You iz beez gotz a prolem wit da krunk thug killaz yo? I iz beez a gangsta thug fo life. I beez iz pimpin dis game like a playa thug my knee ga.

Translation: I love to steal cars, sell crack, kill people, and pimp out hoes. Car jacking is my favorite hobby and I love to show off my expensive jewelry and act like the king of the block by intimidating everyone with my arsenal of guns. Sometimes I like to kill people just for fun, just because I CAN.

What a game this is. It sure iz fun.

I live in Southern California, more specifically, I live in Glendale. I just got back from Planet X (A store from GameStop.com). I'd say there was at least 300 people their when it the lines started to move. They were serving cake, chips, drinks, you name it. I waited 2 hours in the line that was for people that reserved the game. I arrived around 6:00 PM, and the shipments arrived around 7:20 PM, and by the time I got my copy, it was around 8:00 PM. I hadn't reserved the game, so when it got to my turn, we got confused. So the workers just cut me in the line for the line of people that didn't reserve the game. It was a huge mess, but I got out of the store with the game. Impressions later...

[quote name='jalu6']i think whats interesting is the fact that vice city went down in price sooooo much quicker than GTA3 did. Probably because the fact that it sold a few million copies very fast and a lot of copies started getting sold back relatively quickly.[/quote]

GTA 3 took a whopping 1 whole year to drop in price, where as VC took nearly 2...

I am amazed at reading all the stories of hundreds of people waiting. I went to EB to pick up my PSTwo at 4:30 pm today on the way to work and they offered me one of three extra copies they got in...there were maybe 4 people in the store and they immediately got in line after hearing I just got it with no pre-order.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal'][quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='Tromack']I guess I am the only person not excited about this.[/quote]

Nov. 17th is the day I plan on getting excited about the release of a game[/quote]

I really could care less about this game. More of the same for me. GTA is starting to feel like Madden in my book. The next game is similar enough to the last one that I can wait on it and in no time there will be a price drop.[/quote]

try playing either GTA3 or VC for more than a few hrs, and if you still feel the same... then you're just not very observant.

I picked it up @ Outpost for $35 + Free S/H. However, I've never ordered from them before. What has everyone else's experiences been like with them?

I'm getting more and more anxious, and I'd hate to wait 2 weeks for this thing to arrive (even if it is much cheaper).

myke.

I have now had the game for four and a half hours. BEST GAME EVER!!!

BTW, it was only about a 10-15 minute line when I got it at 4:00 (that's when my EB started selling them).

Fun game, but 3 problems with it:

1) Graphics remind me of a PSOne game, but I can live with it.
2) I experienced slowdown already, and it was from too many peds being onscreen. I can only imagine how bad it will be when i go on a killing rampage.
3) The language is very foul compared to any other game out there. Does a gamer really need to constantly hear the N word and the F bombs all the time?

Other than these gripes, everything else meshes extremely well.

well i dont know if i should order it or just rent it but you guys cans till order it from gamestop.com with free overnight delivery. and no tax

use code GIOVR

[quote name='[email protected]']No, I don't are about it either. I loved GTA3, but I felt VC was just more of the same. It's crazy, because I am like an 80's nut, but I had zero desire to continue playing after about four or five hours. I won't be picking it up.

RD[/quote]

That is exactly how I feel. I loved III, but I didn't feel VC really added anything to the mix besides new maps. I know it had other features, but I didn't really care for them that much. That's how I feel about this. I'll get it eventually, but as it is I have enough games to play.

best game ever!, I've already beefed up in the weight room and started puting some weight on at the pizza parlor..I did encounter on of the empty space gliches that was similar to the "blue hells" that were in GTA 3... I was hopping around on a bike and I somehow fell under the bridge and suspended in the air... I could ride to either side of the bridge but couldn't get back above the pavement or fall down to the level below... I was helplessly stuck... good thing I'm a frequent saver...

[quote name='Indonesia']how is the loading time?[/quote]

Kinda bad when you start off.. especially if you die, it still loads the cutscenes, which made me kinda mad.. but if you free roam.. there's literally no loading.

When was the free overnight shipping deal with ebgames.com? I ordered it on 9/14 and am only getting the 'hotel card' thing. I paid over 6 bucks for 2-day shipping. Now I have to wait until wednesday to play. :( I had a 20 dollar gift code and still paid 40 bucks for the game. High shipping and tax rates make ebgames suck.

I preordered at GameRush, so i wont get it till thursday most likely unless they actually sell it now. Usually they are 2 days behind schedule.

They have huge posters saying rent it on the 26th so i'll rent it free with my games pass . Either way i hope 2 play it tonight. :)

[quote name='Indonesia']how is the loading time?[/quote]

Entering buildings is about the same as in the previous GTA games or less - usually less. Cut scene loads can be a lot longer.

[quote name='Scrubking']This game is amazing!

Also I find it disgusting how some sites give the game a good score and all of a sudden people are wanting the game - can't you people make up your own minds?

And for the last time the thug theme is only about 25% of the game unless you want more of it.

Anyway, I got to my EB at 615 and there were a bunch of kids in there. By 700 the line was out the door. The sad part is that they were selling this game to anyone - no ID required.[/quote]

That is sad since they are in the business of games. Why not enforce the ratings? I swear this attitude from EB is going to cause a law to be made similar to California where all M rated game have to be put out of the reach and view of kids. If stores do not police themselves that lawmakers will do it for them! I personally do not want laws making it harder for me to buy video games....

So is this game more of the same or not? I have been a good gamer and have avoided the temptation to download this game sunday night. somebody let me know before I get the urge again, since gamerush takes so long with getting their games in.

bread's done
Back