Anyone still playing the good ol' Xbox? What games are you playing?

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I have, though with how much I was going away(both on a 'WAYYY early Xmas shopping trip' with a friend in June) and to the auto auctions I usually hit on a weekly basis, I haven't been playing Psychonauts lately.

Mind you, I was just seeing how high I could get Raz to bounce on his levitation ball before gliding down to higher ledges I hadn't reached before.

I found alot of Psitanium that way and unfortunately ran into a couple psychic bears at the same time, they had me running for my psychic life.

Right now though, I've been playing Scarface or one of the other GTA clones I have for Xbox and getting quite addicted, since I can usually pull off head shots on most gang members in an area without breaking a sweat anymore.

I DO want to complete Psychonauts though, since I truly loved that game when I was playing it every night and want to see how it ends.[/quote]

Well at least your still playin' your box

I just bought myself a dreamcast and n64 so I don't plan on getting back to xbox games for a lil while..

btw do you guys prefer fable over kotor?

i havent played eithar, sad thing is i have not even touched halo or halo 2, bought my xbox just to have outrun 2, ironic thing is i have the halo edition xbox

[quote name='Foo228']Well at least your still playin' your box

I just bought myself a dreamcast and n64 so I don't plan on getting back to xbox games for a lil while..

btw do you guys prefer fable over kotor?[/quote]

I tried Knights Of The Old Republic for about 2 hours or so and I just couldn't get into the turn based system for some reason. It was definitely a nice looking game, but the whole 'put in your attack, hit a button and wait' thing never appealed to me. Hell, I had Baten Kaitos for GC and for how nice it looked, I also couldn't get into that either.

As for Fable, I got all the way to one of the last battles, then I got frustrated over not getting by that, so I moved onto Psychonauts. LOL

I still have to take back my copies of Pirates(sid meiers) and True Crime to a Blockbuster because I finally decided I don't want them. I'm glad I got like 30 days to do it though.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I tried Knights Of The Old Republic for about 2 hours or so and I just couldn't get into the turn based system for some reason. It was definitely a nice looking game, but the whole 'put in your attack, hit a button and wait' thing never appealed to me. Hell, I had Baten Kaitos for GC and for how nice it looked, I also couldn't get into that either.

As for Fable, I got all the way to one of the last battles, then I got frustrated over not getting by that, so I moved onto Psychonauts. LOL

I still have to take back my copies of Pirates(sid meiers) and True Crime to a Blockbuster because I finally decided I don't want them. I'm glad I got like 30 days to do it though.[/QUOTE]
You can turn off all the "pause on end of round" toggles and it might speed the game up a lot for you. You should give it another shot.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']You can turn off all the "pause on end of round" toggles and it might speed the game up a lot for you. You should give it another shot.[/quote]

I got the same amount I paid for it from Kmart in FYE credit, plus the bonus of nearly a buck in cred, so I dumped it yesterday. That's my policy anymore, anything that I don't play in forever but paid cheap enough that $2-3 in credit or cash is enough to recoup my cash spent is going away quickly.

Hell, I just got rid of Liberty City Stories for PS2, which gets $10 even at FYE with the 45% bonus deal that ends today.

currently Ty: Tasmanian Tiger 3

i haven't played this. even though i kept seeing this at clearance, but never got to buy it. until tonight, though.

Xbox: I've been playing Breakdown lately. Great game so far. Also just got Thief: DS in from GameFly so I need to start on that and finish beating Beyond Good & Evil as well.

GameCube: Just traded for a GC + games last week and have been testing out all my "new" games. Metroid Prime is pretty sweet, but I started playing Paper Mario and am addicted to that now. Never got to beat the N64 version, but I'll be sure to complete this one.

Anyone feel like buying or trading for Deus Ex or Splinter Cell, I have both for the original xbox and want to get rid of my old xbox games.

Currently playing:
GTA3
Max Payne
Rainbow Six 3
Unreal Championship 2

On hold:
KOTOR (waiting to finish Zelda TP)
PGR2 (got sick of it, stupid kudos challenges)
Splinter Cell (got sick of it)

I have probably 100 xbox games. My backlog is sick. And Psychonauts just showed up from half.com today.

I played Mega Man Anniversary Collection a couple days ago. Mega Man 2 is bliss. Finally got a game over trying to finish off the initial 8 stages thanks to Quickman's stupid fire beam level.

I just finished Dreamfall, which kicked major ass. Ihighly recommend it. See my review.

Right now I'm playing Indigo Prophecy. It's OK so far, but more of a movie than a game. The story is very good, tho.

On the Xbox, I've been playing Spartan Total Warrior (an ok game, sometimes I like mindless action), Otogi, and Phantasy Star Online... I think all but PSO are backwards compatible -- but there's no way to transfer your saves to the 360 (at least I think anyway...).

I just realized that those are all Sega games, so maybe I should thrown in Halo or Barbie Horse Adventures to balance it out :)

I just bought an xbox... the games are so cheap now! I've been playing Panzer Dragoon Orta, and I should be getting Jade Empire in the mail soon, which I'm excited for.

[quote name='Segasonic01']Right now I'm playing Indigo Prophecy. It's OK so far, but more of a movie than a game. The story is very good, tho.[/quote]
The story was very good... but if you truly want to enjoy the game I have a recommendation:
When you finish the part of the game that occurs at an abandoned amusement park, STOP PLAYING THE GAME. Otherwise, say hello to the worst plot turn I've ever seen in a game(yes, it makes less sense than MGS2's last couple hours).

I loved the game, but after this, it left a really sour taste.

A lot of games I'll start playing, get pretty far into into it, but never finish it. Then I'll buy another game and start playing that one. Just recently opened up Project: Snowblind (why did I wait so long? It's such a good game)

Also "re-bought" The Bard's Tale and beat it again, and recently purchased Incredible Hulk - UD

Need to go back and finish: Black, Goldeneye, Area 51, Prince of Persia - SoT, Still Life, Syberia, and several others

Need to open: Indigo Prophecy, Prince of Persia WW and TT (after I finish the first one), Hitman - Contracts, Total Overdose, Pariah, Obscure and a few more

-B

[quote name='Giygas']
The story was very good... but if you truly want to enjoy the game I have a recommendation:
When you finish the part of the game that occurs at an abandoned amusement park, STOP PLAYING THE GAME. Otherwise, say hello to the worst plot turn I've ever seen in a game(yes, it makes less sense than MGS2's last couple hours).

I loved the game, but after this, it left a really sour taste.
[/quote]
Damn. That WAS horrible. Complete Matrix ripoff. I can't get the ending where humans win >.

I played through and beat Stubbs the Zombie in a day, pretty good times despite being very repetitive. I'm about half done with the Warriors which is awesome but I suck at using the combo fighting system so I pretty much just explore the awesome environments and fight cheaply. I'm planning on starting in on Fallout:Brotherhood of Steel next so I know something of the Fallout universe when Fallout 3 hits next year.

I'm just starting Ninja Gaiden Black. Since I bought this game a while ago I haven't even touched it because I had a whole backlog of games for the ps2 that I was still working on. Now that I'm done with most of my 360 games I'm starting to jump back into the xbox 1 pile.

i am almost close to beating scarface, i have to make another 60 million buy a front and beat the last mission to get a 100 percent

I guess I should suppliment that by saying I also have been playing Spider-Man 2, Forza 1, and Max Payne BC on the 360.

I just recently picked up Lego Star Wars II and I was really suprised. Ive never played the first one, but I care more about the original series than episode 1-3. If you played with legos and loved star wars its perfect.

[quote name='karmapolice']I just recently picked up Lego Star Wars II and I was really suprised. Ive never played the first one, but I care more about the original series than episode 1-3. If you played with legos and loved star wars its perfect.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, but if you have a 360 you should probably wait till they release both as one game that's been announced.

Playing at the moment:

World Racing 1
NFL Fever 2002
NFL Blitz Pro
NHL HITZ PRO 2004
PG2

I just bought like 8 xbox games last night. I have a total of 65 xbox games and i have like 50 or more to get.

I put my original XBox in my gf's apartment, so we can play stuff over here as well, since I have a 360 and a Wii at my place. The gmaes we have here are just the non-BC ones and some that we got pretty far in:

- Deus Ex
- Midnight Club 3 Dub Remix
- MVP Baseball 2005
- MVP NCAA Baseball 2006
- NCAA Football 2005
- Timesplitters
- X-Men Legends
- X-Men Legends 2

Some good games though.

I got the RRoD on my 360, so I've gone back to replay Psychonauts on Xbox. Pure bliss.

I also nabbed Thief Deadly Shadows from Goozex...didn't play it when it first came out, so i figured I'd give it a whirl.

[quote name='bmachine']I got the RRoD on my 360, so I've gone back to replay Psychonauts on Xbox. Pure bliss.

I also nabbed Thief Deadly Shadows from Goozex...didn't play it when it first came out, so i figured I'd give it a whirl.[/quote]

Thief is AWESOME. The visuals are great. If you've played either of the first two on PC, you'll have a general idea of the gameplay. Analog input makes the series like 50% more fun. I've only played the first few levels, but I love it so far.

Question: Did the Microsoft brand Xbox controllers have analog X/Y/A/B buttons?

Product literature says six analog buttons in addition to the two analog triggers...the only ones I have used have been third party with digital X/Y/A/B. The Logitech wireless for example, while it's nice, is tough to use with driving/sandbox games that map acceleration and brake to XYAB.

anyone still need to play the co-op on chaos theory? never got around to finishing it and i want to tried my backwards compatibility on my 360.

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']Question: Did the Microsoft brand Xbox controllers have analog X/Y/A/B buttons? [/quote]
Yes, the four main buttons are analog much like the PS2 dual shock controller is.

[quote name='lordwow']I am playing MVP Baseball 2005.[/QUOTE]

Probably the BEST baseball game in a while. I had my XBOX hooked up for this, then I got a PS3 and MLB The Show 07. That is pretty darn good also.

I since then, have cracked the seal on my XBOX and did some surgery :)

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']Thief is AWESOME. The visuals are great. If you've played either of the first two on PC, you'll have a general idea of the gameplay. Analog input makes the series like 50% more fun. I've only played the first few levels, but I love it so far.

Question: Did the Microsoft brand Xbox controllers have analog X/Y/A/B buttons?

Product literature says six analog buttons in addition to the two analog triggers...the only ones I have used have been third party with digital X/Y/A/B. The Logitech wireless for example, while it's nice, is tough to use with driving/sandbox games that map acceleration and brake to XYAB.[/QUOTE]
All six face buttons (ABXY, Black, White) are analog, but very few games ever took advantage of them.

Well, the whole A/B/X/Y buttons being digital thing makes sense finally with San Andreas and Scarface, which I think used the A button for acceleration.

Oh and I just realized earlier today how long Final Fight would've only taken me in the arcades, had I had unlimited credits to use each time I tried playing through it in the arcades.

I think it took roughly 2 hours with continuous credits this morning.

Still an amazing game after all this time and pretty well emulated(I thought)on the Capcom Classics Collection.

OK thanks. I guess I need to be hunting for a clean used Microsoft Xbox controller, plus an extension cable. I love my Logitech wireless, but I can't deal with an on/off accelerator button.

Anybody else play Red Dead Revolver on Xbox and notice a bizarre "ghosting" or blurring effect throughout the game? It's like a duplicate transparent image appears just off the edge of every object not directly centered on the screen. I've tried four different brands of component cables, and all reproduce this ghosted image to some degree. I suppose it's some effect used in the game, but it seems really stupid. People and buildings appear blurry and I'm constantly squinting to focus.

starting playing Kotor are my 360 and it has it's issues with audio skipping, or missing, and framerate dropping in battles. i played it near completion twice once on my friends xbox then again on my own, but since i don't have it hooked up to my tv i decided why not just play it all over again.

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']Anybody else play Red Dead Revolver on Xbox and notice a bizarre "ghosting" or blurring effect throughout the game? It's like a duplicate transparent image appears just off the edge of every object not directly centered on the screen. I've tried four different brands of component cables, and all reproduce this ghosted image to some degree. I suppose it's some effect used in the game, but it seems really stupid. People and buildings appear blurry and I'm constantly squinting to focus.[/quote]

I was playing it last night and didn't notice anything. Although I was using composite cables.

I started playing Panzer Dragoon Orta last night. I like it. Can't beat the first boss though, trying to figure out controls. The graphics are still really good. I haven't played my Xbox in a while so hopefully I stick with it and beat this gmae.

I started playing Scarface again the other night, after a month or so hiatus from almost ANY games and I got to the island level(s), but decided to hit the mainland again to see if I can take over South Beach and eliminate the other gangs left in downtown before moving onto the islands for good.

bread's done
Back