Anyone still playing the good ol' Xbox? What games are you playing?

I play on my xbox constantly, but usually not xbox games since its slightly 'massaged.'
However, when Im ready to start playing Xbox games again, I got enough. Unfortunately alot of Xbox games have been replaced for me with 360 games.. Like Forza2, soon Ninja Gaiden2, Halo3, Gears, Dirt, UMK3.. that sort of thing.

[quote name='JohnnyDrama']I still have my original Xbox, but it's not hooked to my TV right now. I'm still thinking of what to do with it (sell, mod, etc.)[/quote]In theory... (because I would NEVER mod an xbox..) the Xbox modded is uber sweet. Emulators with thousands of roms really eliminating the need to keep blowing into nes, snes, n64 carts and getting rid of the craptastic load times of the PS. Only real enhancement that it lacks is a Dreamcast emulator. Rather then have all your old systems hooked up, you can toss a mod chip in your xbox, 200gb hard drive... and your solid.

Been playing a lot of Burn Out 3. Just finished Fable for the first time a few days ago and trying to figure out which game I want to finish next. Been taking turned with Jade Empire, KOTOR, and Conker. Just picked up Sudeki, Batman Vengeance ( I like the story, hate the camera and controls but this I will probably beat next), and Vexx.

LOL I gotta stop buying cheap used games. Seriously. I have SO many Xbox games unfinished right now. Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, Scarface, Futurama, True Crime NYC.

Plus about another half dozen or more which I haven't even touched yet. It's pitiful actually. I guess I just can't say no to a deal. I think I stopped playing Hulk outta frustration though, since I think I was fairly close to the end on it(chasing after Abomination through the valleys now), but I kept getting killed fairly easily.

And, to top it all off, I just bought another 6 games from a Movie Gallery that was going outta biz here(Psi-Ops, Second Sight, Star Trek: Shattered Universe, Shadow Ops: Red Mercury, Ultimate Spiderman, D&D Heroes), so now I'm even MORE screwed as far as having a backlog is concerned.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Been playing a lot of Burn Out 3. Just finished Fable for the first time a few days ago and trying to figure out which game I want to finish next. Been taking turned with Jade Empire, KOTOR, and Conker. Just picked up Sudeki, Batman Vengeance ( I like the story, hate the camera and controls but this I will probably beat next), and Vexx.[/quote]

How is Conker for XBOX? Have you tried going online with it? I'm just wondering if the online multiplayer was as good as the N64 one.

[quote name='Blackout542']How is Conker for XBOX? Have you tried going online with it? I'm just wondering if the online multiplayer was as good as the N64 one.[/QUOTE]
I would like to know as well. I would like to play conker, but I'm not sure which version I want, n64 or xbox. I heard there was some censored stuff in the xbox version.

To be honest, I really haven't used my xbox in a long time. I've mostly been playing ps2 rpgs, up till the Orange box came out and took most of my time over to the PC.

I have two xboxs in my entertainment center, one modded and one not. I got a cheap one from garage sale for $20 and modded it. Didn't want to experiment on my good one. Xbox media center is an awesome extender if you can't afford a media center PC. Now if I could get a DVD drive for a broken xbox I have. I'm wanting to put on of these on our main TVs.

Conker's multiplayer as you know it for the N64 is completely gone. It has been replaced with a pseudo-Battlefield format, with classes and vehicles and all. No more money-bag-collectin', head-slicin', heart-beat-watchin' fun unfortunately. I traded my 64 cartridge of Conker a couple of months ago thinking the XBOX version would tide me over, but it just isn't as fun =/

I've been playing Futurama like mad, trying to beat it, but I got stuck on the Temple level for quite a bit the other night.

I kept trying to play through the one room(lava room with the sinking pillars, if you've ever played it) the WRONG way the other night. I kept going to the right of the first platform and was going the LONG way around the room.

So yeah, I definitely did that level the WRONG way. But, I finally got by it, so now it should be clear sailing. Levels like that just frustrate me to no end and it's what made me give up playing Hulk Ultimate Destruction.

I picked up X Men Legends for $5 used. Best $5 I ever spent. FUN game, lots of "extra" stuff built into the game. I got to the mansion and was exploring around, blown away by all the little details. And it's 720p widescreen HD, and looks friggin awesome. I'm soooo glad I bought a used Xbox a few years ago.

I dislike Conker for Xbox. The censoring annoys me and they put new enemies in spots that used to have no enemies so it takes longer to get through some stages. Load times blow also, real bad. Multiplayer over live was ok but i wish I wouldn't have picked this up. Plus I'm kicking myself because I spent 18 bucks for it.

Oh I'm playing Vexx now. I picked it up as the 3rd game in my buy 3 get 25% off each coupon. Didn't think I'd enjoy it but I do.

Well, unfortunately for me, my hours got cut at work, so I've got more time to play, but won't be getting any new games.

Right before it, I picked up 3 of the Harry Potter Games (Azgaban, Goblet, Quidditch World Cup). So, I caved buying licensed games, which I try to avoid. But, I just finished the 7 Harry Potter books in about 4 months of casual reading, and I really enjoyed them.

But, the games are rather fun. Quidditch doesn't look to have much lasting values, but I've put in the 6-7 hour range in Azgaban, and I'm greatly enjoying it. Sure, it's a Ocarina of Time rip-off, but I am enjoying it, almost solely based on the license.

After I finish these, I'll be digging on the shelf to keep me entertained. The good part is, since I don't sell back my games, I have a wide selection to choose from.

Just finished Destroy All Humans 2 with 100% completion yesterday; 32 hrs and 25 mins. Got it at the B2G1F TRU deal two months ago.

Love games from Pandemic, great playability.

tip: acquire Gastro and level up his abilities asap.

toughest mission: defending Coit Tower.
use mind flash, extract two brains, repeat

enjoyment and value: 9 out of 10.

At the moment I'm pretty deep into CastleVania: Curse of Darkness.
I just picked up Def Jam 2 via B2G1, so I'll be playing some of that soon.
I recently started X-Men Legends and I've been meaning to get back to it!
I'm also very deep into Shemue 2, although I'm playing that one on the 360.

I want to finally start KOTOR 2 soon. Lately I keep hearing about emulation glitches with the first KOTOR. Does the second game have these problems too? Because if it's a smoother experience playing on the original Xbox, then I might as well just do that.

I have my games seperated between 2 apartments. My gf has my original xbox at hers, and I have the 360.

Couple of games I've played recently:

Original Xbox:
- XMen Legends 1
- MVP Baseball 2005

BC 360:
- ESPN NFL 2k5 (though it's gonna sting to rebuild my "crib," the game plays well, and is a lot of fun).
- Spider-Man 2 (my first playthrough, really repetitive though)

Well with the Hastings sale I might have to get a few more games. But I'e been playing Pirates, the Guy Game, and with the 5 soft moddded xboxs in the fraternity we've been doing 16 man Halo 2 matches.

I still play my XBOX ....... I finally beat Prince of Persia Warrior Within a week ago after year of putting it off ( I bought it when it was released ).

I'm slowing working on PoP Two Thrones right now in between playing the 1st Jak and Daxter game on my PS2 and playing NBA 2K8 on my 360...... I have a huge backlog of games on the XBOX, PS2, and Gamecube and Ive finally decided to play them and beat them after accumulating them over the past 5 years ( about 160 games )

Jade Empire as the monk dude. I never ever use a magic character in RPGs so I decided I should finally make one.

Ninja Gaiden - an on going struggle between me and my will power to not smash any controllers.

KOTOR - Again, as a magic/Force character because I NEVER use 'em.

Nixon's Revenge;3901027]Jade Empire as the monk dude. I never ever use a magic character in RPGs so I decided I should finally make one. Ninja Gaiden - an on going struggle between me and my will power to [I]not[/I] smash any controllers. KOTOR - Again said:
I found Jedi Sentinals to be the best overall. I've never played as a Jedi Counselor, but the Jedi Guardian class took forever to get new skills.

[quote name='Danil ACE']I found Jedi Sentinals to be the best overall. I've never played as a Jedi Counselor, but the Jedi Guardian class took forever to get new skills.[/quote]
Yeah, that's true. Solider + Jedi Guardian = death, way over-powered. It's essentially all I used when I played the game.

My first character was a sentinal and it took me an absurdly long time, comparitively to my guardians, to get anywhere in the game.

I only have a xbox 1 and trying to raise some mulla to get a 360 but anyways I play on halo 2, unreal championship 2, burnout 3, halo, forza motosport, and counter strike.

Been playing Star Wars Episode III and Republic Commando lately , pretty odd imo that almost nobody mentions how fun the versus is for Episode III

Right now, I'm not playing a damn thing on my XBox, which I may still sell to someone I know for $60-80. But, I have a sealed copy of Psychonauts which I just found the other day @ Kmart and I may be grabbing copies of The Warriors and Hulk: Ultimate Destruction for $10 a pop from there too pretty soon.

Oh and I have The Guy Game, which I just found for $10 at a local shop. I wonder if it's the version with 'Kristee'(the 17 yr old girl who gave permission for them to use her in the game, but sued when she found out she WAS in the game). She was the reason behind the game being pulled and converted into a Girls Gone Wild type DVD.

Just got an Xbox after being a PS2 guy since it was released. Wanted to finally play the exclusive games. Just finished Halo (first) and am currently working on Republic Commando. After that I'm going to tackle Halo 2 and the rest of the Star Wars games (KOTOR I & II, Jedi Academy I & II). Anyone have other recommendations for absolute have to play games that are Xbox originals?

um the burnout series is pretty good. and so is the unreal championship 1 and 2, you can get those for pretty cheap.

Um yeah if you can find jedi academy which is the second jedi knight game the first is jedi outcast. jedi academy is the shiz, it rocks hardcore. I love that game. Better for pc though IMO since theres always moviebattles

[quote name='Bobweiser']Just got an Xbox after being a PS2 guy since it was released. Wanted to finally play the exclusive games. Just finished Halo (first) and am currently working on Republic Commando. After that I'm going to tackle Halo 2 and the rest of the Star Wars games (KOTOR I & II, Jedi Academy I & II). Anyone have other recommendations for absolute have to play games that are Xbox originals?[/QUOTE]

Off the top of my head, Jade Empire, Otogi and Breakdown

[quote name='Bobweiser']Just got an Xbox after being a PS2 guy since it was released. Wanted to finally play the exclusive games. Just finished Halo (first) and am currently working on Republic Commando. After that I'm going to tackle Halo 2 and the rest of the Star Wars games (KOTOR I & II, Jedi Academy I & II). Anyone have other recommendations for absolute have to play games that are Xbox originals?[/quote]

Is republic commando any good? I didn't like Bounty Hunter so I was a bit unsure about this one. Does it play like Bounty Hunter?

[quote name='coolsteel']Off the top of my head, Jade Empire, Otogi and Breakdown[/QUOTE]
Breakdown is unique in its style and presentation, but it's tough as nails.

I think I made it pretty close to the end:

Site Zero: Outer Wall - At the top of this one platform there's two of those giant brute guys, and several laser shooting a-holes.

I just couldn't do it though. The difficulty of this game in places just broke something inside of me and I gave up on it.

My wife has been playing Destroy All Humans lately. She's wanted to try that one since it came out and I got it a couple months ago for like $10, so now she's playing it.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Breakdown is unique in its style and presentation, but it's tough as nails.

I think I made it pretty close to the end:

Site Zero: Outer Wall - At the top of this one platform there's two of those giant brute guys, and several laser shooting a-holes.

I just couldn't do it though. The difficulty of this game in places just broke something inside of me and I gave up on it.[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to sit here and pretend it wasn't, but storywise it was arguably the best on the system and a complete must play. It was one of the few games I used to joke with friends about saying you start out getting your butt handed to you by grunts, by the end of the game you're still getting your butt handed to you by grunts.

[quote name='schuerm26']Is republic commando any good? I didn't like Bounty Hunter so I was a bit unsure about this one. Does it play like Bounty Hunter?[/quote]

Yes, it's great, nothing like that garbage Bounty Hunter. Though it's only $10 on PC now, and it looks a lot better in higher resolution.

[quote name='Puffa469']My wife has been playing Destroy All Humans lately. She's wanted to try that one since it came out and I got it a couple months ago for like $10, so now she's playing it.[/quote]

I loved the presentation of that game...then after about an hour I got sick of all the hand-holding and gave up. Plus the saucer flying was terrible. I'm not saying I know exactly how a saucer should handle, just that it wasn't right.

Just started playing Red Star wow what a fun game. its always fun going back to last gen and find games that you've totally missed.

Almost done with Indigo Prophecy and must say I really like it. I do get annoyed though when I can't watch what's going on because I have to do that color matching thing. They should have left the color matching stuff out and figured out some other method.

I'm playing Hitman: Silent Assassin and Vice City right now. Silent Assassin is so much harder than Blood Money because the AI is just unforgiving and freaks out over anything.

[quote name='homeland']Just started playing Red Star wow what a fun game. its always fun going back to last gen and find games that you've totally missed.[/quote]

For Xbox?

So I had an original Xbox until about a year after Halo 2 came out, then my power cord fried it, just before I got the recall notice in the mail. MS wouldn't replace it, so I said to hell with it and didn't replace it until just recently (wanted to finally get XBMC). I've since accumulated the following:

Halo
Crimson Skies
Ninja Gaiden Black
Phantom Dust
Metal Gear Solid 2
Knights of the Old Republic
Psychonauts
Dead or Alive 3
Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
Fable: TLC
Conker: Live and Reloaded
Hunter: The reckoning

I know I'm missing a few must haves like Kotor 2 and Halo 2, and I'm still trying to find Pirates!. What else am I missing to keep on the old shelf of essentials for old times sake though? I like to keep a collection of the games that represent the best each system has to offer.

you should really check out Red Star. I'm not sure if it came out in the U.S though. So if you have access to sites that have console games definitely check it out.

bread's done
Back