Anyone want to trade their Pokemon X or Y for my Pokemon Alpha Sapphire?

Step 1: Do a few minutes' online research on counterfeit copies of Electroplankton.

Step 2: Create a business card advertising myself as "One of Google's Greatest Authorities on Electroplankton Counterfeiting".

Step 3: Pass these cards out to pedestrians on a street corner in a crazed and desperate manner.

Step 4: ?????

Step 5: PROFIT!

It's brilliant! You can use to profit to buy a copy of Electroplankton that, thanks to your research, you can verify to not be a counterfeit!

Or I could use the failures of previous counterfeiters to make a more convincing counterfeit, thus giving me funds to buy many legitimate copies! :twisted: It's all coming together...

I don't like where this is going...

Regardless, I claim partial responsibility for this idea and demand royalties.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll get back to you in a day or so on that. I'm going to hope that people will outbid me on some stuff in Chairman's lowball so I can offer you a little more.

I've hit a bit of a setback. It turns out that my car repairs are going to cost significantly more than I had expected, and in the meantime the only car I have to drive around in is a truck. The thing's a gas guzzler, and the GameStop with the Ninja Five-O is 17 miles away, so I'm going to have to wait until I get my car back before I drive there.

[quote name='Boomsta']I've hit a bit of a setback. It turns out that my car repairs are going to cost significantly more than I had expected, and in the meantime the only car I have to drive around in is a truck. The thing's a gas guzzler, and the GameStop with the Ninja Five-O is 17 miles away, so I'm going to have to wait until I get my car back before I drive there.[/QUOTE]

No problem! I'm very patient, and the good thing about Ninja Five-O is that, unlike a lot of high-profile rare games, nobody knows that it exists. It'll be there whenever you can make it to Gamestop, no matter how long that is from now.

Thanks!

Another self-bump, this time with the addition of some of the most impossible requests on my want list yet. See if you can find them!

Gamestop.com is listing all three Fatal Frames at the second-closest store to my house, and I recall seeing Flower, Sun, and Rain at a small store near me (the same one that had Electroplankton, I believe).

I think I'm just going to start popping in every now and then to see if a store near me has one of your wanted games. I (or, rather, you) seem to have great luck with this.

[quote name='Boomsta']Gamestop.com is listing all three Fatal Frames at the second-closest store to my house, and I recall seeing Flower, Sun, and Rain at a small store near me (the same one that had Electroplankton, I believe).

I think I'm just going to start popping in every now and then to see if a store near me has one of your wanted games. I (or, rather, you) seem to have great luck with this.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop charges way too much for the Fatal Frames. $40 each for gutted copies of the reprints, AFAIK. I mean, I'd love to finally be able to play the series, but everyone is still charging pre-reprint prices. I would have jumped on the $80 set at GameQuestDirect over the summer, but I was saving for vacation. The set is $110 there now :(

$15 is my target price for FS&R. It should really cost that much everywhere now considering it probably hasn't sold more than a few thousand copies, but it tenaciously hangs onto its price point. If you can get it reasonably, let me know.

My luck, your luck, all the same in this case :D My wants list is reaching epic proportions so you and others can't help but see at least something I'm looking for somewhere, I guess. I really appreciate all the help! I'm willing to be on the hunt for anything for anyone else should anyone think of something to charge me with looking for (except Xenosaga III for bvharris, he's never getting that before I do)

Alright, I'm planning on stopping by a few stores this weekend so I can check it out. It'll make up for having missed Ninja Five-O, which seems to be gone from the nearby store. :whistle2:(

[quote name='Boomsta']Alright, I'm planning on stopping by a few stores this weekend so I can check it out. It'll make up for having missed Ninja Five-O, which seems to be gone from the nearby store. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Nice! It'll be interesting to see what you can find.

Hey, no problem about Ninja Five-O. It'll surface sooner or later. My local Gamestops kept getting new shipments of GB/GBC games in from other stores after I kept buying out wave after wave after when they went 75% off, so odds are I'll pick one up at the GBA liquidation in a couple of years at the latest.

Bump.

I was thinking of swapping the positions of my wants and haves list, as the former so greatly outweighs the latter. It might bring in more people willing to sell instead of trading. Any thoughts?

Also added a record ten-bomb want!

hey there, I have a tales of symphonia box and art. and am interested in your Star ocean last hope for 360. CML, i can supplement the symphonia box art manual (no game) with a few items or even paypal... but preferable items :) Thanks!

Bump. If I can't sell or trade One Piece: Unlimited Adventure, Inuyasha DS, or Mega Man X Collection this week they're probably going on ebay. I need to fund that slime controller in Enigmapoeia's lowball.

"Abe's Oddysee is LOADING, so get over it!"

I just started playing Oddworld today, and I love it!

After reading the items you are selling and the items you wish to buy/trade, I am compelled to say that you have one of the best tastes in video games I have ever seen.

[quote name='Boomsta']"Abe's Oddysee is LOADING, so get over it!"

I just started playing Odworld today, and I love it![/QUOTE]

It's fantastic, isn't it? My absolute favorite PS1 game by a mile (well, maybe the sequel.) Let me know what you think when you get farther into the game.

[quote name='Vashthefool00']After reading the items you are selling and the items you wish to buy/trade, I am compelled to say that you have one of the best tastes in video games I have ever seen.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! :D Many, many people would disagree, but it's great that people don't really pick on each other's tastes here. I'm a niche gamer and not afraid for other people to know :lol:

The only thing more impressive than wanting all that I want would be having all that I want. I'd better find a magical K-Mart clearance soon or no one's ever going to want to trade with me again!

Faithful CAG amigos, some games are probably going up on feebay in two days or so, so I'm going to give you guys a shot at getting the games for cheaper than what I would charge there. Here's the deal I'll make:

$23 shipped for Inuyasha: Secret of the Divine Jewel
$17 shipped for Mega Man X Collection
$37 shipped for One Piece: Unlimited Adventure
$20 shipped on the pair of PS3 games
$13 shipped on Advance Wars: Dual Strike

PM me if any of these sound reasonable. I'll probably also edit my TL's title and add the prices tomorrow.

Somebody buy something from me so I can get that copy of Lunar SSSC CE from dv8mad :lol:

Seriously, stuff's going on ebay day after tomorrow if I can't sell it here.

So, according to the latest Famitsu sales data, Crystal Bearers bombed horribly in Japan. I guess it's time to change out my Layle avatar for something else. I'm guessing it's going to be something No More Heroes related, both because Desperate Struggle is only two months away and because of yesterday's announcement of NMH PS360, which is an enhanced port of the original.

Now, that port announcement was huge to a rabid NMH fanboy like me, but the downside is that people are speculating that it's going to be Japan only, as the enhancements all seem to have the purpose of making the game more palatable to the Japanese (i.e. Japanese VA and a new mode that gives all the female characters (even more) skimpy clothing.) This would force me to purchase a PS3 due to Microsoft's retarded region-locking =/

[quote name='fwbweux']
Now, that port announcement was huge to a rabid NMH fanboy like me, but the downside is that people are speculating that it's going to be Japan only, as the enhancements all seem to have the purpose of making the game more palatable to the Japanese (i.e. Japanese VA and a new mode that gives all the female characters (even more) skimpy clothing.) This would force me to purchase a PS3 due to Microsoft's retarded region-locking =/[/QUOTE]

Come now, certainly we as a global community can come together on this at least. :D

I'm hoping it does come to the US, I'd love to play it again on the 360.

Oh, and I think I'm taking my new set-up pics tonight. Still waiting on yours. :D

[quote name='bvharris']Come now, certainly we as a global community can come together on this at least. :D

I'm hoping it does come to the US, I'd love to play it again on the 360.

Oh, and I think I'm taking my new set-up pics tonight. Still waiting on yours. :D[/QUOTE]

Hey, don't get me wrong. I think we can all agree that the new Very Sweet Mode has something for everyone, no matter where you are on the planet! It's just that before I saw the scans I was worried that it was all going to be cat ears and maid costumes, but after seeing them, let's just say that my hype is intact ;)

My set-up is pitiful, though! Almost everything is in storage at the moment and probably will be until I graduate college in the spring and move into more spacious quarters. Pretty much the only shelves I have on full, proud display at the moment are my DS and PS1 games, but if you really want to see, I can show you :lol:

[quote name='fwbweux']Hey, don't get me wrong. I think we can all agree that the new Very Sweet Mode has something for everyone, no matter where you are on the planet! It's just that before I saw the scans I was worried that it was all going to be cat ears and maid costumes, but after seeing them, let's just say that my hype is intact ;)
[/QUOTE]

Don't be a hater. :D

[quote name='bvharris']Don't be a hater. :D[/QUOTE]

Whoops, I struck a nerve :lol: Surely there are some of the hundred billion other Japanese clothing fetishes that we can agree on, right? ;)

Surprise 9:30 PM bump! Maybe catch a different CAG crowd than usual this way.

The games with prices are going on ebay tomorrow if not sold.

Well, I've offered to help so many people find games in the wild that I get the list in my head and forget who wanted what. I found both Persona 3(which I'm guessing wasn't you since it's in your haves) and Xenosaga III at Vintage Stock today. But Vintage Stock is well aware of their desirability, so I won't even mention their prices. I'll keep looking though! I visit pawn shops full of games quite often.

Hey, thanks for keeping an eye out. Xenosaga III is proving far more elusive than I had ever imagined, so any and all help is more than welcome :D It doesn't seem like the kind of game that would surface in a pawn shop, but then again, I have collector friends who have struck it big with rare and valuable games before (one in particular found so many copies of FFVII that his combined flipped total was probably a thousand dollars or more.) I've always had zero luck finding rare stuff at any kind of store :lol:

Don't worry about Pokemon Dash--there's just a little puncture in the insert. It doesn't bother me, but just out of collector nitpickiness if I can get a pristine insert I'll take it, just because it's one of the rarer DS games and all.

bread's done
Back