Apology/Explanation is up. PM me if you haven't received tracking info!!!!!

So just wondering, is Paypal more strict about scamming than Amazon Payments? That was the only thing I personally found weird about the whole situation.

I paid with Amazon Gift Card anyway.

[quote name='merchie89']i paid via checking account. i just got on payments, clicked help. resolving disputes. Copied transaction ID from payment and checked non delivery of items.[/QUOTE]

im not seeing anything. WTF

edit: figured it out, dispute filed

yeah i didnt want this stuff that bad.....i just want my money back. Dont care about whatever mighta went on.

Business is business.

[quote name='Lazer77']But look at it this way, if something really DID happen so he had to delay and hasn't been able to update (I know I know), and then everyone harasses him by posting his personal information, when he comes back, he damn well won't want to ship then. That is the point where you might as well keep the money, regardless of your intentions.

I guess I'm just looking at it in the sense that it took him a LONG time to organize all of this, took him a LONG time to post pictures up in the first place, took him a LONG time to post pictures up a second time. That is a huge time investment coming from a guy who had good feedback, and obviously has a family.

I say we give him to Sunday, 2 weeks from when it ended.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with you. Lets give him a few more days before we do anything (Sunday 2 weeks from when it ended.. is this sunday right?)... plus if amazon payments is anything like paypal, theres gonna be roughly 40 odd days to report(or whatever the term is) before you can't do anything about it. Why not just give him an extra few days?

Plus, it seems like he really might be looking for lego, considering that he did post something about it in other threads regarding lego deals. His past history seems to indicate that he's good on lowballs.

As for the images that he put up... they must be somewhat recent because a search on tin eye didn't show any results at all (perhaps suggesting that he took all the photos himself and not ripped it from somewhere)

[quote name='ilikegames']Yeah I agree with a deadline date. I think sunday is good date. However, if he logs on again here without a reply all bets are off.[/QUOTE]

I agree Sunday is a good day. Plenty of time for him to drop us a line to give an update.

Now, all bets are off if he logs in again and doesn't post anything. Part of me also thinks, he ditched his current username, created a new one, and is laughing at us as he swims in our cash.

But in seriousness, if a family emergency did happen, I hope everything is fine.

I will wait until Sunday as well--I called in regards to my gift card to see if I could dig up anything else: it looks like he's already used it up and purchased LEGO items on the 17th of February.

Hopefully it won't come to this--but what are my next steps if he doesn't come through with the order? Do I file a report, etc.?

[quote name='ethwang']I will wait until Sunday as well--I called in regards to my gift card to see if I could dig up anything else: it looks like he's already used it up and purchased LEGO items on the 17th of February.

Hopefully it won't come to this--but what are my next steps if he doesn't come through with the order? Do I file a report, etc.?[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat as you. In regards to Amazon's terms and policy, they won't do anything with "lost or stolen" cards or cards that have been used without your consent. Sooo... I guess we gotta hope he actually shows up... or take action with some of the other users here.

if we roadtrip to his house, somebody come pick me up in Omaha. I got a bunch of pitchforks and torches

anyone go stakeout his house yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
he hasnt logged into xbox live since the 24th. so either hes been hiding from us or he was playing with legos when they spontaneously combusted and sealed him in a pocket of melted plastic. what sounds more likely to you guys? /sarcasm

[quote name='merchie89'](waits for amazon to see that he wont contact them, like he did us)[/QUOTE]

how soon should we expect our money back? its the ten day wait and then what

[quote name='masterchief2291']he hasnt logged into xbox live since the 24th. so either hes been hiding from us or he was playing with legos when they spontaneously combusted and sealed him in a pocket of melted plastic. what sounds more likely to you guys? /sarcasm[/QUOTE]

Even more evidence to wait until Sunday. I just want to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, because like I said, if something really did happen, and he were to come back to see that everyone blew up this thread posting personally intrusive material, like his name, phone number, address, I would imagine that he would have absolutely NO interest in apologizing for a delay, and might as well just pocket the money. For all I know, I could be WAY wrong, but be patient, things happen.

Remember the LAST thing he said?

Hey!!!! I'm alive!!!

The wife and I just finished boxing everything up and shipments will start tomorrow for everyone who has paid and payment has cleared. I'm SO sorry for the delay. I ended up working almost 100 hours last week and I was just shot.

Thank you all again for your patience and you'll have your shit soon!!!

If he were scamming us, why would he come back to post this? Let alone, 100 hours. If that is true, then only imagine how much stress he is going through doing that TWO weeks in a row. Just give him a little more time guys, just my .02.

[quote name='Lazer77']Even more evidence to wait until Sunday. I just want to give the guy the benefit of the doubt, because like I said, if something really did happen, and he were to come back to see that everyone blew up this thread posting personally intrusive material, like his name, phone number, address, I would imagine that he would have absolutely NO interest in apologizing for a delay, and might as well just pocket the money. For all I know, I could be WAY wrong, but be patient, things happen.

Remember the LAST thing he said?

If he were scamming us, why would he come back to post this? Let alone, 100 hours. If that is true, then only imagine how much stress he is going through doing that TWO weeks in a row. Just give him a little more time guys, just my .02.[/QUOTE]

^This. All of this.

you guys sure are optimistic. i mean seriously, weve all had to deal with super long work weeks and it sucks harder than a dyson vacuum but he received over $1700 from us. when money like that is changing hands, you cant disappear.

look theres always lunch breaks, or 15's, or even "here loving wife, heres my email and password, please log in and leave a message for my customers saying im completely exhausted but im going to get everything out the door by this date."

this is inexcusable. believe me, if something happened to him, or god forbid, his family, ill be the first to apologize but he hasnt shown a shred of interest in resolving all this.

[quote name='masterchief2291']you guys sure are optimistic. i mean seriously, weve all had to deal with super long work weeks and it sucks harder than a dyson vacuum but he received over $1700 from us. when money like that is changing hands, you cant disappear.

look theres always lunch breaks, or 15's, or even "here loving wife, heres my email and password, please log in and leave a message for my customers saying im completely exhausted but im going to get everything out the door by this date."

this is inexcusable. believe me, if something happened to him, or god forbid, his family, ill be the first to apologize but he hasnt shown a shred of interest in resolving all this.[/QUOTE]

Oh I totally agree with you, its not right at all. I would have for sure handled it differently, but that doesn't mean people should borderline harass him over it until we're almost positive that is the case. Like I said, if he were truly scamming us, why would he come back and post the thing I posted earlier. If he were scamming us, I think he would have the take the money and run mentality, and delete any ties back to the money. It really doesn't look that way.

But again, I never had anywhere near a 100 work week, but when I was a kid, my dad had 3 jobs, and worked roughly 90 hours/week for a year or two of my life. I saw how it literally drains the life out of a person, and honestly if that is the case (ESPECIALLY if he didn't plan for such a work week), then I can see how he would disappear, and maybe pop back in to send the message that he did. A 50 hour work week is already draining on a person, I know that first hand, I can't even imagine surviving 75+.

I don't know the guy, I can't say he is scamming us or not, but we should be more patient, at least give him until Sunday.

But yeah lol I try to look at both sides of the story, grad school is really starting to get to me I guess!

I am sorry guys, I am usually a positive person and hope for the best, but this is a HUGE red flag

ATTENTION!!!!

PayPal just decided to screw me yet again(here's the story) I had an eBay account that I ended up getting royally screwed on. I sent a guy a couple of lots of comic books and he got them, decided they weren't what he wanted. He refused to send them back but filed for a return from PayPal, which I fought and subsequently lost. They are now saying I owe them $400 and won't reactivate my account until I pay them that money. So I'm done with them. Done. , so I'm giving them a giant middle finger and not using their service. I've decided to set up an Amazon Payments account which, as I'm finding out, is the preferred CAG payment method. It's easy and free!!!

If this is an issue with anyone here, please contact me directly and I will work something out with you. But PayPal is no longer an option and I apologize for this inconvenience and it couldn't have happened at a worse time, as my lowball is ending tomorrow night.

If you don't have an Amazon Payments account, it is incredibly easy to set one up. It took me all of two minutes. But again, if this is an issue, we'll work something out. Please just contact me if you have any concerns. If it takes a couple of days to pay because you're setting an Amazon Payments account up, let me know, but it won't be any problem at all.

Thanks!

Cory.

I truly hope that everyone gets their stuff and that this guy comes through but I think the best you will get is that he shows back up with a story on how something happened to him and he was robbed or some crap. Honestly, he hasn't had time to ship one thing or post again but he had time to buy lego's? I am just speaking from experience here and if I were you I would be contacting the local authorities. The unfortunate part is, I had my credit card number stolen by a guy in PA. and they have a law in place that states no victim, no crime. What this means is you will have to actually go to PA for the court date(s) Granted, my theft happened three years ago so things may be different. I do believe though that since he not only took your payments but he took postal payments too it may be a more severe crime. Make sure you all CYA (cover your ass) call the local PD and make a report. If enough of you do they may send a detective to the address to have a chat with him as this was the case in what happened to me. Again, I am just speaking from my own experiences. I hope this helps

smashngrab77, how do you know he bought Legos? He said that is where the money is going, but unless I missed something, there is no reason for anyone to believe he bough Legos.

I truly believe something happened, but that doesn't mean I am right. Like I said, I don't know the guy, never spoke to the guy prior to this lowball, I know nothing besides what happened here and what you guys found out. So I am going off of those reports. So just please hear me out on this.

The most important thing (to me) is that he has a family. This means that if he DID actually have two crazy work weeks, he should spend the little free time that he has with his children. Since he has young children, I would be pissed if I came back and found out that my personal information is out on the internet, for the fear of my family the most. Whatever his job is, he has money, those Collectors Editions are not cheap. Even look at the background of his pictures, nice house, lots of things that add up to a lot of money. Since he has money, I am lead to believe that he must work hard at his job. 100 hour work weeks are no joke, like I said, when I moved to this country, my dad had three jobs and worked about 90 hours a week, and I saw how exhausted he was. The little bit of free time he had, he would spend with me, and even then he wasn't all there because he was so tired. If these two crazy weeks came unexpected, then imagine how much worse it must be. People are drained from doing consecutive 40 hour work weeks, who have no other responsibilities besides their jobs. Remember that the invoices took long to be completed as well, if I remember correctly that was a good 3 or so days. If he were scamming us, he would have done the math right away. Also, if he were scamming us, why would he come back days later and say that he is fine, had a crazy work week, and hopes to get things resolved ASAP? Wouldn't it be best to just take the stuff, run, and cover all tracks behind you?

Like I said, I'm annoyed over this too, and I would have definitely handled it differently. But I can totally sympathize with the guy if what he said was true (and from what I can tell, it all makes sense). Do you see where I am coming from? There is that chance that I am way wrong and I feel harder for the deception than anyone else, but the CAG community has a good rep, give him the benefit of the doubt for now. Lets not turn into the group who harassed a guy because he had personal things to take care of and had to delay a lowball.

[quote name='Lazer77']Well you got me, I still say wait to Sunday. Plus that could be his wife.[/QUOTE]

I really wish I was this optimistic/naive.

I disputed, and if nothing comes of it I will track him down...thats all I gotta say. 24 hours in a day, most people have internet accessible phones nowadays. he is a scammer or a douche.

This really blew up hasn't it? Take a look at what I've won:

Ghostbusters The Video Game Slimer Edition(Amazon.com exclusive of only 6500 produced with documented COA): -$38
Brothers In Arms Hell's Highway Limited Edition(Gamestop sticker on figure case): -$22
Fable II Collector's Edition(small crack in top corner of case): -$16
Forza Motorsport 3 Limited Edition(pricing sticker on outer sleeve): -$30
Lost Planet Extreme Condition Collector's Edition(spine of plastic sleeve is split at the bottom): -$20
Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe Kollector's Edition: -$16
Prey Limited Edition: -$27
Star Wars The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition(steelbook): -$25
Stranglehold Collector's Edition: -$9
Street Fighter IV Collector's Edition: -$19
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas Limited Edition(no slipcover): -$4
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent Limited Edition: -$17
Tron Evolution Collector's Edition: -$17
Two Worlds Two Disk Limited Edition(has some sticker residue on spine): -$23
The Orange Box: -$18
Sega Superstars Tennis/Xbox Live Arcade: -$4
Mafia: -$1
Star Wars The Clone Wars/Tetris Worlds: -$1
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: -$1
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: -$1
Tony Hawk's Underground: -$1
Turok:Evolution: -$1
Total: $311

If any of you were reading the comic book thread that he started he was trying to put together something great for us CAG, a lowball consisting of pure comics & other misc items.

The thread was actually going great with a lot of feedback from the CAG community along with Cory himself. If he was scamming us why would he invest any thoughts into getting this going? I was personally looking for an old X-Men comic that I had a as child YEARS ago and it so happened that he had a copy of it and decided to throw it in with the rest of the stuff I purchase for free. The man didn't have to do that but he did, here's the PM I got:

[quote name='thecoryjihad']

I FINALLY found a box that fits it all! I've got everything boxed and ready to go. I'll ship the box out tomorrow. Everything is packed up, including the comic, so you'll be happy as a clam when you get it. I'm SO sorry about the delay and I thank you for your patience.

Cheers!

Cory.[/QUOTE]

Everyone, cut the guy some slack, My last 2 lowballs I've ran was hell because I had so many things up for grabs. Think about it, I had work, my child, my girlfriend (lord knows if I even ignore her the slightest bit she'll raise hell, pfft She's still pissed off at me for buying the God of War Ultimate edition that night cuz not only did I spend so much money on it, I stood her up on the dinner date we were suppose to have. Slept on the damn couch.)

Not to mention doing all the math, sending out invoices for each person, going out and purchasing all the supplys (boxes, tape, shipping paper, bubble wrap ect). Than having to gather up everyone's address, print out the shipping labels, package all the items up. Double check the packages & labels are correct (to ensure everyone get's the correct items) and than come back to CAG and post all the DC#. It's a LOT of work, trying to fit that in a 60hr work week would be murder, so I can only imagine what he must of gone through with all the customer's he had in this auction.

We're all in the same boat, some people are just more rational than others. Give the man time and see what happens. If all else fails than by all means take what ever steps are needed to ensure your funds are secure.

Heh he's gonna come back on here and see everyone gathering their pitch forks. There's nothing worst than a mob, so please, let's all remain civil and act like the gentlemen that we are. Patience my friends, patience. And if all else fails, well we'll cross that road when it comes.

Anyone who waits until Sunday I dispute is making a huge mistake. Dispute it now and pay him again if he ever shows up with a good explanation. Waiting a few days could be all he needs to wait for the money to hit his account. DISPUTE IT PEOPLE!!! If amazon sees 20 disputes all saying the same thing they might shut his acct down faster.

[quote name='Setherial']This really blew up hasn't it? Take a look at what I've won:

Ghostbusters The Video Game Slimer Edition(Amazon.com exclusive of only 6500 produced with documented COA): -$38
Brothers In Arms Hell's Highway Limited Edition(Gamestop sticker on figure case): -$22
Fable II Collector's Edition(small crack in top corner of case): -$16
Forza Motorsport 3 Limited Edition(pricing sticker on outer sleeve): -$30
Lost Planet Extreme Condition Collector's Edition(spine of plastic sleeve is split at the bottom): -$20
Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe Kollector's Edition: -$16
Prey Limited Edition: -$27
Star Wars The Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition(steelbook): -$25
Stranglehold Collector's Edition: -$9
Street Fighter IV Collector's Edition: -$19
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas Limited Edition(no slipcover): -$4
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent Limited Edition: -$17
Tron Evolution Collector's Edition: -$17
Two Worlds Two Disk Limited Edition(has some sticker residue on spine): -$23
The Orange Box: -$18
Sega Superstars Tennis/Xbox Live Arcade: -$4
Mafia: -$1
Star Wars The Clone Wars/Tetris Worlds: -$1
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: -$1
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: -$1
Tony Hawk's Underground: -$1
Turok:Evolution: -$1
Total: $311

If any of you were reading the comic book thread that he started he was trying to put together something great for us CAG, a lowball consisting of pure comics & other misc items.

The thread was actually going great with a lot of feedback from the CAG community along with Cory himself. If he was scamming us why would he invest any thoughts into getting this going? I was personally looking for an old X-Men comic that I had a as child YEARS ago and it so happened that he had a copy of it and decided to throw it in with the rest of the stuff I purchase for free. The man didn't have to do that but he did, here's the PM I got:

Everyone, cut the guy some slack, My last 2 lowballs I've ran was hell because I had so many things up for grabs. Think about it, I had work, my child, my girlfriend (lord knows if I even ignore her the slightest bit she'll raise hell, pfft She's still pissed off at me for buying the God of War Ultimate edition that night cuz not only did I spend so much money on it, I stood her up on the dinner date we were suppose to have. Slept on the damn couch.)

Not to mention doing all the math, sending out invoices for each person, going out and purchasing all the supplys (boxes, tape, shipping paper, bubble wrap ect). Than having to gather up everyone's address, print out the shipping labels, package all the items up. Double check the packages & labels are correct (to ensure everyone get's the correct items) and than come back to CAG and post all the DC#. It's a LOT of work, trying to fit that in a 60hr work week would be murder, so I can only imagine what he must of gone through with all the customer's he had in this auction.

We're all in the same boat, some people are just more rational than others. Give the man time and see what happens. If all else fails than by all means take what ever steps are needed to ensure your funds are secure.

Heh he's gonna come back on here and see everyone gathering their pitch forks. There's nothing worst than a mob, so please, let's all remain civil and act like the gentlemen that we are. Patience my friends, patience. And if all else fails, well we'll cross that road when it comes.[/QUOTE]

I think that it is good that people are talking about this and it seems that most are acting civil. I honestly do not have anything to gain or lose in the situation, I just know that this is a great community of mostly like minded individuals and it has helped me support my gaming hobby as well as allowed me to get some unique items that I would have never been able to get my wife to allow unless I was able to get a deal on it. I just hate to see someone take advantage of trust. I really hope this guy is legit...but even if I work 100 hours and have young kids (which I do) I would take the time to post an update. I mean come on, everyone has to use the bathroom. I check the site on my phone. Sometimes it is the only time in the day I can get 5 minutes to look at the site. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though and I was just giving my unbiased opinion from what I read in the posts dating back to 2/14/12

[quote name='hufferstl']Anyone who waits until Sunday I dispute is making a huge mistake. Dispute it now and pay him again if he ever shows up with a good explanation. Waiting a few days could be all he needs to wait for the money to hit his account. DISPUTE IT PEOPLE!!! If amazon sees 20 disputes all saying the same thing they might shut his acct down faster.[/QUOTE]

A) most people paid with Amazon gift cards, some with money order, you can't dispute those
B) calm down, sorry you didn't get your games, but its not the end of the world. You never know what could have happened. If the guy who is $300+ deep invested into this is saying wait, then I think you'll be alright. Plus its not like we are saying wait forever, just give it some additional time, CAG is a good community, just attacking like that when he hinted at being busy makes us look like impatient dicks who care more about a game over someone else's well being.

Just wait, if nothing happens I'm sure the people who are protecting Cory will start being concerned too. Just give it time.

Well I guess I will be the guy to say it.... what were you expecting? When he said PayPal was out I got concerned but I messaged him and he said we would work something out. His ideas were gift cards or money orders, neither of which give any protection so I said that wouldn't work and I haven't heard back about a solution.

It seems like most people who are upset are the ones with no protection.

I don't see the benefit of waiting. We could always repay him at any time. No matter what the case, I believe it is reasonable that people would start their disputes now. They can always be reversed.

[quote name='hufferstl']I don't see the benefit of waiting. We could always repay him at any time. No matter what the case, I believe it is reasonable that people would start their disputes now. They can always be reversed.[/QUOTE]

im right there with ya. IF this guy ever comes back and thats a big IF, then you can decide if you want to repay him. i already disputed and i urge all of you who paid via amazon payments to do the same.

I disputed. I'm not sure why people are defending this guy. He used money from this lowball before making sure the buyer got his items and the transaction was complete. That alone is enough proof that this guy has no intention of sending anything and there is no excuse for doing that. Even if he does come back(very doubtful) I have no interest in receiving my item because I don't deal with sellers who do that. Hopefully Amazon will give me my money back.

he already redeemed by amazon giftcard that i sent him right after the lowball ended. theres no hope for this one guys. he aint coming back

[quote name='merchie89']someone here has got to live in PA, go to his house, unless its burned down there is no excuse.[/QUOTE]

i live in NY state but i really dont want to drive to where ever he might live. hopefully amazon realizes this asshole is not coming back and refund my money back.

[quote name='ilikegames']Did anyone contact a mod to throw in their 2 cents about this? I'm sure this is something they might want to know about.[/QUOTE]
At first I read that as "did anyone contact the mob" LOL

[quote name='Edwin29']At first I read that as "did anyone contact the mob" LOL[/QUOTE]

you live in providence, isnt that where to mob lives? talk to someone in sanitation

Well if you guys are finding out gift cards are redeemed, which is the way that I paid, should I just assume my $60 are gone with no way to appeal?

[quote name='Lazer77']Well if you guys are finding out gift cards are redeemed, which is the way that I paid, should I just assume my $60 are gone with no way to appeal?[/QUOTE]

In a word: Yes.

[quote name='Edwin29']At first I read that as "did anyone contact the mob" LOL[/QUOTE]

They would be more effective :). I'll leave a message for them when I get home from work.

Well damn, sucks because my trust in the community is kind of...lowered now. Granted that I'm out only $60, which isn't bad.

[quote name='Lazer77']Well damn, sucks because my trust in the community is kind of...lowered now. Granted that I'm out only $60, which isn't bad.[/QUOTE]

Hey--I'm out almost $300! Since i have proof of transaction through PMs, Amazon order numbers (of both my gift card and subsequent transactions used with the gift card), can I file a report to local authorities? I still plan on waiting until the end of this weekend, but I'd like to know my options beforehand.

bread's done
Back