April @Gamer Coupons: $25 NFS: MW, $20 Hitman and Sleeping Dogs

loxthefox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
Same deal as last time, coupons available in store with GC Unlocked subscription or available from the digital magazine.

Valid from 4/7 - 5/4

Need For Speed: Most Wanted (PS3 & 360) for $24.99 (fixed price)
$20 off Hitman: Absolution (PS3 & 360) - $20 AC
$20 off Sleeping Dogs (PS3 & 360) - $20 AC
$20 off MLB 12: The Show (PS3) - $10 AC
$20 off World Of Warcraft: Mists Of Pandaria Collector's Edition (PC) - $60 AC
$20 off Xbox Live Gold 12-Month Starter Kit (360) - $55 AC
$10 off Any pre-owned game $29.99 and up
$25 off Select Gunnar Gaming Eyeware (Doesn't specify which pairs)

An FAQ about @Gamer provided by whitereflection:

How do I access my digital magazine/coupons?
You will receive an e-mail with a link to the latest issue of the magazine. In the same e-mail is a second link to access the coupons, which you can either print out to use in-store or use online at bestbuy.com.

How do I receive the digital edition of the magazine?
If you are a new or renewing member, you will automatically receive the digital edition of the magazine. If you are a current print subscriber, you will continue to receive the print edition of the magazine until your subscription expires.

How do I convert my print subscription to digital?
Go to http://www.atgamermagazine.com/customerservice. Login with your subscriber info, which can be found on the mailing label of your magazine. Be aware that it takes up to four weeks to process your request.

I have not received the March issue yet.
The last issue was a double-issue for January/February. March issues have just started mailing and you should receive yours by the second week of the month. @Gamer is published ten times a year with double issues for January/February and July/August.

Link to @Gamer online provided by SonOfMan

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...rs/ba-p/662273

Last edited by a moderator:
My @gamer expired, but I am okay with that. Nothing great here right now. Maybe we will see sleeping dogs for $10 or less, same with hitman.

[quote name='strait edge follower']this acually doesnt happen often. the last time i recall this happening was with mass effect 3 and lollypop chainsaw and that was a few months ago. the prototype 2 one was a error that lasted a day so i dont count that one[/QUOTE]

Well obviously there was some element of exaggeration to my post, but you have to admit the sense of entitlement with these coupons has been out of hand for a while now.

[quote name='NJMane']PLEASE let Sleeping Dogs go on sale.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't it just on sale for GonD. Pretty good price if I remember right.

I got it for $5 on the HU market, but wasn't it $15ish on the US?

Me, too. I used mine the same month I signed up on 1 game, and nothing since. I'm not planning to renew come June. I'm hoping I can go out blazing with Sleeping Dogs and Hitman Absolution if they go on sale.

[quote name='solidus_00']Still nothing for me. I haven't used the coupons at all except once when I signed up. The 20 off Hitman and Sleeping Dogs nice, but already own those and I paid less than after the coupon anyhow. Maybe some will get lucky with a last minute price drop on them before they expire.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='chriscolbert']Well obviously there was some element of exaggeration to my post, but you have to admit the sense of entitlement with these coupons has been out of hand for a while now.[/QUOTE]

well that i do agree with. i just wish we had at least 1 good coupon a month like we used to get

[quote name='chriscolbert']Well obviously there was some element of exaggeration to my post, but you have to admit the sense of entitlement with these coupons has been out of hand for a while now.[/QUOTE]

That goes without saying, since you can easily make back what you paid without even trying. However, I don't really blame other people either. I look at it like PlayStation Plus. Most people aren't really sad about what we got or what other people got, they're sad they didn't get what they wanted / expected.

MLB the show 12 is currently on sale at best buy for $9.99 without coupon if anyone wants it sooner or isn't a subscriber. I picked up a copy today.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Crossing fingers for a Hitman sale this month.[/QUOTE]

same here. ohpleaseohpleaseohplease :pray:

The coupons aren't what they used to be. I got in on the one day Prototype deal and got the kid the DB game(horrible btw so just traded it for a profit) so this last month was ok for me.
If unlocked was just the Mag I might have not renewed either but the 10 percent discount and trade credit make it worth it for me and I honestly don't trade all that much. Not to mention the deals on the Rewards site. I know I used the Dragon Dogma one and I think Ghost Recon and maybe something else.

[quote name='chriscolbert']You could go back and look at every thread about the @Gamer coupons and it's always the EXACT same song and dance. People start off crying and bitching about how there are no free games or some bullshit and then a few weeks later when there's a sale or price drop that puts a game or two at $5 or $10 everyone loves it.

I love CAG.[/QUOTE]

this.

Members will cry and complain about Best Buy "sucking" yet when we have clearance threads and the DBZ deal everybody feels the need to post about how they walked into the store and scored their deals. Some people are hard to please no matter what. Some of you are crazy. DBZ was a great deal. I'm happy with the current issue. I would glady renew even if the sub was $30.

That starter pack would be interesting if I could find it on sale for $60 and price match it.

$40 for the 12 months of live, 400 msp, head set, and keypad wouldn't be bad.

What we're hoping for:
[quote name='BobbyTastic']Best Buy has a month to adopt the new MSRP for Hitman, so it has a chance of hitting $10 territory.[/QUOTE]

What we'll probably see:
[quote name='Best Buy']We have a month to avoid the new MSRP for Hitman so it has a chance of repeating Prototype territory.[/quote]

My @Gamer sub also expiring soon, but I will definitely renew if just for getting the 10% discount or boost on trade-ins. Hopefully, my transition into all digital won't be problematic.

Still no $10 TTT2... I shouldn't have resubscribed.

Terrible coupons yet again, but I'm hardly surprised at this point.

I haven't used a coupon since Kingdoms of Amalur ($10 AC), and that was way back in July 2012.

Not surprising at all don't know why anyone is shocked by the mediocre coupons, Best Buy seems to have moved to random Dotd's for better game prices. @gamer has been nonexistent since last nov. Isn't Sleeping Dogs another repeat coupon?

Yeah, I am not renewing until there is some good coupons like they had last march. Those were awesome!

[quote name='georgebot84']How long did the welcome package take to arrive?

was it through email?[/QUOTE]

not long signed up the 22nd of February and got the coupons like the 3rd and they expire the 31st probably gonna use the 50% off strat tomorrow, idk if i'lll end up using the b2g1 free preowned, and the 10% off digital gaming had a cap of $15 price so useless.

[quote name='Kovorkian']not long signed up the 22nd of February and got the coupons like the 3rd and they expire the 31st probably gonna use the 50% off strat tomorrow, idk if i'lll end up using the b2g1 free preowned, and the 10% off digital gaming had a cap of $15 price so useless.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I hope I get mine at the beginning of next month. I signed up on the 10th of March.

[quote name='chriscolbert']You could go back and look at every thread about the @Gamer coupons and it's always the EXACT same song and dance. People start off crying and bitching about how there are no free games or some bullshit and then a few weeks later when there's a sale or price drop that puts a game or two at $5 or $10 everyone loves it.

I love CAG.[/QUOTE]

Truth.

People also seem to forget about the "Victory can be pre-ordered" deals that are tied to this as well. They look at the coupons and bitch about subbing. If you guys were smarter, you would have reupped closer to Black Friday for killer deals and b2g1 in the welcome package. ;) the rest of this is all gravy after that.

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']Hopefully.. considering Square Enix said they both failed to meet sales expectations.

Drop. those. prices! :applause:[/QUOTE]

They likely won't or will wait until they day after they expire...

Ouch! I just bought hitman last week at bestbuy. they had the professional edition for only$34.99 so ibought it. Still havent open it but yeah. The only thing for me now is a sale on sleeping dogs

I thought Absolution was a great game, sure it was different from the past titles but once you work around the change, it was an addicting game where I was back trying to get perfect kills and high scores. I even love the hunt for finding all weapons and suits at each stage.

[quote name='Organ Donor']I'd bite on Sleeping Dogs and/or Hitman if either can be had for $15 or less after coupon.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. Crossing my fingers!

[quote name='admiralvic']not going to renew, thanks op![/quote]

+2

I don't understand why people think anyone cares if they reup their GCU or not. This isn't the BB forums or their FB page.

Then the same people are going to complain that they don't have the coupons next month when there is a good deal to be had.

[quote name='Brian1rr']You know that's not a game right?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I realize that is a guide, I thought someone was referring to a collector / limited edition that was had been put on clearance. Items disappear from the site, after so long, such as the FF XIII-2 hardcover guide.

edit:
[quote name='OscillatingFerret']Really? Page 5 and nobody has commented on the possibility that the Hitman coupon might work on the $35 ps3 professional edition?[/QUOTE]

notice the specification of ps3? I thought that he was talking about http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/hitman-absolution-professional-edition/100596

I have not seen a single Professional Edition of Absolution :ps3: in any of my local stores. I had them check the SKU for it since it's delisted, and no stores in the district has it in stock. Warehouse is the same.

I see a bunch for 360 lying around though. Sucks :/

Maybe I'll snag one if the coupon works on it.

[quote name='OscillatingFerret']Really? Page 5 and nobody has commented on the possibility that the Hitman coupon might work on the $35 ps3 professional edition?[/QUOTE]

In the current mag, the BF3 coupon clearly states it doesn't apply to the Premium Edition. Both editions have different SKU's.

The Hitman Professional Edition and standard edition have different SKU's.

So I doubt the coupon would work in this case.

[quote name='marineal']lol @ those who renewed.[/QUOTE]

I only renewed because I get more in Reward Certificates than I pay into it.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']I have not seen a single Professional Edition of Absolution :ps3: in any of my local stores. I had them check the SKU for it since it's delisted, and no stores in the district has it in stock. Warehouse is the same.

I see a bunch for 360 lying around though. Sucks :/

Maybe I'll snag one if the coupon works on it.[/QUOTE]
I think it was in January Best Buy did a sale/clearance of the PS3 version of Hitman Professional Edition for $34.99. Which is why you don't see them anymore except for the xbox 360 version.

[quote name='marineal']lol @ those who renewed.[/QUOTE]
Renewed for victory can be pre-ordered promotion. GTA V, Last of Us and Bioshock alone is worth the price of entry. You also never know when BB will offer a sale that will stack with the coupons, beats having to rush out to re-subscribe when a deal hits worrying it might sell out. The coupon offers for April currently may not be as good but the list of games chosen sure are so they will sell out quickly if they happen to stack with an unannounced sale.

bread's done
Back