April @Gamer Coupons: $25 NFS: MW, $20 Hitman and Sleeping Dogs

loxthefox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
Same deal as last time, coupons available in store with GC Unlocked subscription or available from the digital magazine.

Valid from 4/7 - 5/4

Need For Speed: Most Wanted (PS3 & 360) for $24.99 (fixed price)
$20 off Hitman: Absolution (PS3 & 360) - $20 AC
$20 off Sleeping Dogs (PS3 & 360) - $20 AC
$20 off MLB 12: The Show (PS3) - $10 AC
$20 off World Of Warcraft: Mists Of Pandaria Collector's Edition (PC) - $60 AC
$20 off Xbox Live Gold 12-Month Starter Kit (360) - $55 AC
$10 off Any pre-owned game $29.99 and up
$25 off Select Gunnar Gaming Eyeware (Doesn't specify which pairs)

An FAQ about @Gamer provided by whitereflection:

How do I access my digital magazine/coupons?
You will receive an e-mail with a link to the latest issue of the magazine. In the same e-mail is a second link to access the coupons, which you can either print out to use in-store or use online at bestbuy.com.

How do I receive the digital edition of the magazine?
If you are a new or renewing member, you will automatically receive the digital edition of the magazine. If you are a current print subscriber, you will continue to receive the print edition of the magazine until your subscription expires.

How do I convert my print subscription to digital?
Go to http://www.atgamermagazine.com/customerservice. Login with your subscriber info, which can be found on the mailing label of your magazine. Be aware that it takes up to four weeks to process your request.

I have not received the March issue yet.
The last issue was a double-issue for January/February. March issues have just started mailing and you should receive yours by the second week of the month. @Gamer is published ten times a year with double issues for January/February and July/August.

Link to @Gamer online provided by SonOfMan

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...rs/ba-p/662273

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='therealdanhill']It isn't up to you if complaints are valid or not friend. Whether they are valid to you or not, sure, but your complaint about validity is equally as valid as a lot of CAGs complaints about Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but if they want their opinion to have any value, they should back it up with reasons for having that opinion rather than simply comparing to the glory days of the past. I am simply asking those who are complaining about the current state of the program compare it to other current programs, discounts, etc. rather than comparing it to the deals the program gave them in the past.

Netflix used to let me have unlimited DVD's plus streaming for $11 per month. Now it costs more. There is no point comparing the cost now to what it used to be, but there is reason to compare the current cost to other similar services.

i have few questions about these coupons, appreciate it if anyone can answer....

-im just a regular rewardzone member, so I would not be able to receive these coupons via email/snail mail, rite?
-can you print these coupons out and use them at BB? do you have to be an @gamer member to use?
-would the cashier at BB keep any of these coupons at their desk?

t.i.a. ;)

[quote name='WNYX585AM']Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but if they want their opinion to have any value, they should back it up with reasons for having that opinion rather than simply comparing to the glory days of the past. I am simply asking those who are complaining about the current state of the program compare it to other current programs, discounts, etc. rather than comparing it to the deals the program gave them in the past.

Netflix used to let me have unlimited DVD's plus streaming for $11 per month. Now it costs more. There is no point comparing the cost now to what it used to be, but there is reason to compare the current cost to other similar services.[/QUOTE]
Glad to see some logical reasoning in this clog of grumpy complaints.

[quote name='cargo555']i have few questions about these coupons, appreciate it if anyone can answer....

-im just a regular rewardzone member, so I would not be able to receive these coupons via email/snail mail, rite?
-can you print these coupons out and use them at BB? do you have to be an @gamer member to use?
-would the cashier at BB keep any of these coupons at their desk?

t.i.a. ;)[/QUOTE]
To quote coofuscious, just join the damn sub.

But when you mention the value of somebodies opinion, it is only the value relative to you. Also, it's almost as if you are using the weight an opinion holds factually as a measurement of it almost being right or wrong, when it is simply an opinion in general, or at least a fact to the person experiencing it. I'm very tired, does that make any sense? Lol

On another hand, someone could compare the sales we've had in the past to the sales now, same company, but many feel the deals are declining. What is wrong with comparing acompany to itself as opposed to a different company?

I could go on, and I do see how you are applying logic, but I feel as if it would derail the discussion greatly. If you were to start a thread about it, I would participate, or feel free to pm me.

Like aznhero once said, take it to BBY forum for constructive comments and let them know our desire as paying members. Complaining on CAG doesn't achieve anything, other than cultivating a negative environment. And it's still a good program, just not as lucrative as before, which really isn't surprising, given their financial status.

Edit: And really at this point, if you are in the program only for coupons and not $20 preorders, then you should just let your membership elapse, it is clear that the coupons are declining. I partially (based on no evidences whatsoever) blame the scan coupons abusers.

Hitman Absolution and Sleeping Dogs are down to $40 on the website, so if the price stays the same when the coupons go into effect next Sunday, they will be $20. They aren't marked as sale prices so they may be price drops.

[quote name='mitch079']Hitman Absolution and Sleeping Dogs are down to $40 on the website, so if the price stays the same when the coupons go into effect next Sunday, they will be $20. They aren't marked as sale prices so they may be price drops.[/QUOTE]
sadly sleeping dogs for ps3 is sold out in my local bb, and not available for shipping

[quote name='mitch079']Hitman Absolution and Sleeping Dogs are down to $40 on the website, so if the price stays the same when the coupons go into effect next Sunday, they will be $20. They aren't marked as sale prices so they may be price drops.[/QUOTE]

Hope my magazine/coupon come in time before price back up

The thing that really gets me is the bait and switch tactics they are using

They think they come off as trying to give genuine incentives to make primary purchases through Best Buy and you should be so grateful of their benevolent nature that you should spend all your money at Best Buy, but instead they are just looking like carney hucksters trying to trick you

We are talking about the company that refers to their customers as "Devils" if they are smart buyers and value conscious

Makes me miss the Circuit Shitty all the more, personally I will feel no grief when best buy closes their doors for good

[quote name='strait edge follower']ahhh so they dropped the msrp ! either that or they are just dropping them as part of an easter sale and will get bumped back up by monday lmao[/QUOTE]
they will probably bump the price up, on the date when the coupon finally becomes active, lol

[quote name='Lord Hamm']The thing that really gets me is the bait and switch tactics they are using

They think they come off as trying to give genuine incentives to make primary purchases through Best Buy and you should be so grateful of their benevolent nature that you should spend all your money at Best Buy, but instead they are just looking like carney hucksters trying to trick you

We are talking about the company that refers to their customers as "Devils" if they are smart buyers and value conscious

Makes me miss the Circuit Shitty all the more, personally I will feel no grief when best buy closes their doors for good[/QUOTE]

Bait and switch how? Where's the switch? :whistle2:s

honestly without the 20$ pre order thing the @ gamer sub isnt worth it atm, particularly latley. that being said i think it will get better. not like last march but an improvment

[quote name='strait edge follower']honestly without the 20$ pre order thing the @ gamer sub isnt worth it atm, particularly latley. that being said i think it will get better. not like last march but an improvment[/QUOTE]
yeah, you are right. Unforunately, bestbuy is in poor financial shape right now. Even without the msrp price to go with those coupons. The deals on alot of those games are still cheaper compare to other retailers.

i never pre-order games... i did sign up for @gamer last year to get the 5$ batman AC .... and that was literally the only time i ever used a @gamer coupon... i won't resubscribe.....
if there magazine was good... i would become a member again..., because i love having some gaming stuff to read when taking a poop... there magazine is so short (espeically the issues of the past 6 months) and don't really review enough games each issue, and the games they do review are normally very short and not indepth... i get gameinformer and haven't purchased anything at gamestop.....EVER! ...

[quote name='litepink']Bait and switch how? Where's the switch? :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

Where isn't the switch?

Best Buy was offering more incentives for FREE less than two years ago and that gets shitcanned. Then we are offered a supposedly special tier for the buy in price of 15 dollars that offers "hundreds of dollars in savings every month" and a magazine with the implication that its even better than what was offered for free and besides a few bright spots like 10 dollar games it really isn't. Now the magazine is gone, the coupons have been worthless for going on a year and keep getting worse and worse. Add in the fact they butchered their Price match policy now the 20 dollar preorder deal(Which used to be free ironically) isn't worth anything anymore

For a while there when it looked like they were making a genuine effort to offer good deals and be competitive I threw thousands personally and funneled thousands more from friends and family through word of mouth. Not anymore and I will not miss them when they inevitably go out of business because they reap what they sow

[quote name='strait edge follower']it all boils down to the fact that we were spoiled last march and nothing else[/QUOTE]

You guys act like a ten dollar Arkam City was a miracle gift sent to us by the Best Buy gods. There have been more than enough sales by other retailers and it DIDNT require a buy in price or a special membership to get

What it was, was a perfectly planned bait and switch to dupe a lot of people into a 15 dollar fee and a false sense of value, all for the cost of a few decently discounted copies of Batman

Circuit City used to have fabulous clearance deals that made Best Buys "deals" look embarrassing and many CAGers still consider the famous Circuit City 5 dollar clearance the high water mark for cheap asses

[quote name='Lord Hamm']You guys act like a ten dollar Arkam City was a miracle gift sent to us by the Best Buy gods. There have been more than enough sales by other retailers and it DIDNT require a buy in price or a special membership to get

What it was, was a perfectly planned bait and switch to dupe a lot of people into a 15 dollar fee and a false sense of value, all for the cost of a few decently discounted copies of Batman

Circuit City used to have fabulous clearance deals that made Best Buys "deals" look embarrassing and many CAGers still consider the famous Circuit City 5 dollar clearance the high water mark for cheap asses[/QUOTE]

it was that mag along with that key ring app that made it godly lol. as for circut city i wasnt around cag during that time, i wish i was though

[quote name='Lord Hamm']I will not miss them when they inevitably go out of business [/QUOTE]

Are you sure about that? What else would you have to post about?

OMG, I love when a thread devolves to a "bait and switch" discussion and all the idiot would-be lawyers come out of the woodwork. Seriously, bait and switch has a VERY distinct definition. This is far from it.

My GCU pays for itself in the RZ points I get for trading in games, much less the $20 certs, 10% bonus TIV, and 10% off pre-owned. $10 or less for Driver SF, Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 3, Prototype 2, Witcher 2, Dragon Age 2, Sesame Street, and Space Marine and a reading material in the john has just been gravy on this turkey dinner.

As a 10-year member of CAG and an actual lawyer, can I just say that "bait and switch" is the Godwin's law equivalent of CAG deal discussions. :)

[quote name='dino88']Are you sure about that? What else would you have to post about bitch about?[/QUOTE]

If and when BBY goes out think of the marvelous deals Amazon will give us. Which will be the Target ad every week.

Hell remember when Amazon PM'ed their own prices but stopped? That was super fun. Why don't you bitch about that continuously. Or when they start taxing more states (going to 19 by next year) you going to bitch about that?

Also, the magazine is leaps and bounds better the what GS offers all around. But continue to bitch and moan about complaints that are from a spoiled consumer

[quote name='Lord Hamm']Where isn't the switch?

Best Buy was offering more incentives for FREE less than two years ago and that gets shitcanned. Then we are offered a supposedly special tier for the buy in price of 15 dollars that offers "hundreds of dollars in savings every month" and a magazine with the implication that its even better than what was offered for free and besides a few bright spots like 10 dollar games it really isn't. Now the magazine is gone, the coupons have been worthless for going on a year and keep getting worse and worse. Add in the fact they butchered their Price match policy now the 20 dollar preorder deal(Which used to be free ironically) isn't worth anything anymore

For a while there when it looked like they were making a genuine effort to offer good deals and be competitive I threw thousands personally and funneled thousands more from friends and family through word of mouth. Not anymore and I will not miss them when they inevitably go out of business because they reap what they sow[/QUOTE]

Just shut up before you make yourself look any more stupid.

Oh and http://lmgtfy.com/?q=bait+and+switch+definition. Might want to read what bait and switch actually is.

Wow it's just somebodies opinion, no need to bitch and moan about it :p

By the way, did you know cag has a useful ignore feature you can use if you don't like what someone has to say? That way, you don't have to read it, and they don't have to kowtow to your standards of discussion!

[quote name='therealdanhill']Wow it's just somebodies opinion, no need to bitch and moan about it :p

By the way, did you know cag has a useful ignore feature you can use if you don't like what someone has to say? That way, you don't have to read it, and they don't have to kowtow to your standards of discussion![/QUOTE]

while it is his own opinion - he voices it far too frequently and his reasoning doesn't make sense to the majority of other CAG's. complaining about a 'bait-and-switch' and referencing how their own previous deals made games free is as frivolous as complaining about gas prices from 2 years ago and how they aren't the same... markets change... get current

thinking about using the coupon for ZOE collection.... have a cert to bring cost down too, despite things i've heard of it having broken frame rates. to anyone that has tried it out, how noticeable is it?

[quote name='therealdanhill']I think he means bait and switch in a more colloquial sense, not the legal definition.[/QUOTE]

There is no "bait and switch" in the colloquial sense. There's only the real definition.

Just because he's entitled to his opinion doesn't make it a good one.

The coupons may not be a slam dunk right off the bat but we have to wait to see what goes on sale first. Did we know DBZ Kinect was going to be $5 last month? As someone previously pointed out, all the complaining about how the coupons used to be (Batman was $1!!!) really does remind me of my grandmother. The big mac used to cost a nickel!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoping Sleeping Dogs will be cheaper after the coupon. This is the second time they have used this game as a coupon.

Slightly off topic: Anybody else get a $10 certificate in their reward zone account that expires tomorrow? I looked at my account yesterday and their was nothing in it but the certificate said it was issued March 21(maybe this is the spring certificate that said was "issued" but never showed up on people's accounts?)

[quote name='foster1887']Hoping Sleeping Dogs will be cheaper after the coupon. This is the second time they have used this game as a coupon.

Slightly off topic: Anybody else get a $10 certificate in their reward zone account that expires tomorrow? I looked at my account yesterday and their was nothing in it but the certificate said it was issued March 21(maybe this is the spring certificate that said was "issued" but never showed up on people's accounts?)[/QUOTE]

They gave away certificates right around that time so that's probably it.

[quote name='foster1887']Slightly off topic: Anybody else get a $10 certificate in their reward zone account that expires tomorrow? I looked at my account yesterday and their was nothing in it but the certificate said it was issued March 21(maybe this is the spring certificate that said was "issued" but never showed up on people's accounts?)[/QUOTE]

Yes I noticed the same thing. Used it today to buy some MS points. :D

[quote name='foster1887']Hoping Sleeping Dogs will be cheaper after the coupon. This is the second time they have used this game as a coupon.

Slightly off topic: Anybody else get a $10 certificate in their reward zone account that expires tomorrow? I looked at my account yesterday and their was nothing in it but the certificate said it was issued March 21(maybe this is the spring certificate that said was "issued" but never showed up on people's accounts?)[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's weird, I just checked and I have a $10 certificate too. It expires tomorrow... and it definitely wasn't there a couple days ago

[quote name='ghettoqball']Yeah that's weird, I just checked and I have a $10 certificate too. It expires tomorrow... and it definitely wasn't there a couple days ago[/QUOTE]

Ditto kinda shitty it expires tomorrow. Question, do I have to use it today or can I use it tomorrow? Can definitely go for those $20 MSP.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Ditto kinda shitty it expires tomorrow. Question, do I have to use it today or can I use it tomorrow? Can definitely go for those $20 MSP.[/QUOTE]

You can use it on the date of expiration. Last week I had a $5 cert that expired on the 24th and I used it on that day with no trouble.

Yep, I got one too. I'd had something on my Points and Purchases since the 20th saying 10 dollar cert issued, and it showed up today. Nothing I really wanted, so I used it on the MS points deal, which should motivate me enough to buy the AC3 Season Pass when its on sale tomorrow on XBL.

Good lord. Hey, if I'm lucky and catch Hitman for $20 or under I will gladly do so. $10 or $15 on Sleeping Dogs...my backlog would be the only thing having me say no. Quality games, good deal price. It's not the highway robbery of $5, but they don't always have to be.

I'll go and pick those up if the price is right and leave a box of Maxi-pads in their place. Maybe a pint of Ben & Jerry's too.

[quote name='confoosious']There is no "bait and switch" in the colloquial sense. There's only the real definition.

Just because he's entitled to his opinion doesn't make it a good one.

The coupons may not be a slam dunk right off the bat but we have to wait to see what goes on sale first. Did we know DBZ Kinect was going to be $5 last month? As someone previously pointed out, all the complaining about how the coupons used to be (Batman was $1!!!) really does remind me of my grandmother. The big mac used to cost a nickel![/QUOTE]

He feels as if they laid out good deals and then they turned to bad deals. I don't think he is implying they are illegally screwing customers. That is what I mean. He used the term as to how he feels their system operated, not that they would be legally responsible for negligent actions. Know what I mean?

[quote name='Lord Hamm']
Circuit City used to have fabulous clearance deals that made Best Buys "deals" look embarrassing and many CAGers still consider the famous Circuit City 5 dollar clearance the high water mark for cheap asses[/QUOTE]
If you think you could do better and remain profitable with $5-$10 games. Why don't you open a gaming store and see how long you will last?

[quote name='foster1887']Slightly off topic: Anybody else get a $10 certificate in their reward zone account that expires tomorrow? I looked at my account yesterday and their was nothing in it but the certificate said it was issued March 21(maybe this is the spring certificate that said was "issued" but never showed up on people's accounts?)[/QUOTE]

Wow, thanks for mentioning this. I would have missed it otherwise.

[quote name='htz']If you think you could do better and remain profitable with $5-$10 games. Why don't you open a gaming store and see how long you will last?[/QUOTE]

Stop trying to talk business sense to a 10 year old mind (not talking about you therealdan, just the person you are trying to explain the thought process of). He's just an entitled, spoiled kid that cries if he doesn't get the world handed to him.

[quote name='therealdanhill']He feels as if they laid out good deals and then they turned to bad deals. I don't think he is implying they are illegally screwing customers. That is what I mean. He used the term as to how he feels their system operated, not that they would be legally responsible for negligent actions. Know what I mean?[/QUOTE]

No. One cannot simply use terms however they want out of ignorance or intention.

If I attach 5 speakers to a mono source and put them all around me, can I say that it's surround sound just because I want to?

480p is High Def! (It's high to me!)

[quote name='confoosious']
If I attach 5 speakers to a mono source and put them all around me, can I say that it's surround sound just because I want to?[/QUOTE]
:lol:

[quote name='therealdanhill']He feels as if they laid out good deals and then they turned to bad deals. I don't think he is implying they are illegally screwing customers. That is what I mean. He used the term as to how he feels their system operated, not that they would be legally responsible for negligent actions. Know what I mean?[/QUOTE]

Ignoring the misuse of the term, the real problem is how many things you have to ignore / accept / believe to really have a point here. As I've pointed out several times (once to you even), the program merely says X value in savings and if you choose to believe you'll love the deals / they will be great... well that is an assumption and hardly relevant. Additionally, most of these months start with awful deals / complaining, then at some point this changes. Deadliest Warrior got a new MSRP, Mass Effect 3 CE randomly dropped for the PS3, weekly sale, which made previous months great. Even if the deals do suck, anyone with half a brain (I suppose even that fella) can more than make up the loss for subscribing to the magazine. Preorder a popular title? Bam, you're +5. Trade in $150 dollars worth of games, break even. Purchase $150 dollars worth of used titles, break even. Even some of the coupons are pretty useful, like the buy 2 get 1 free one that lasts for quite a while. This will give you the power to make the most of a so so deal or just get 3 games you really want when you want them.

While I stopped my subscription (too many hassles getting preorders and don't care for the later deals), you really have no right to complain when virtually every subscriber on CAG has made turned a profit from subscribing.

For the hell of it, here is my really quick example...

Preordered Bioshock, Dead Space and Borderlands 2. Got them on release for $60 + a 20 dollar cert. Price matched both of them down to $40 and kept the 20 dollar certs. Traded in Dead Space 3 a little while ago, got 30 dollars and another 1.50 from GCU. Bought Deadliest Warrior for .01 and traded it into Gamestop for $18. I probably did more things, but I broke even with Deadliest Warrior and scored $60 in vouchers, not counting whatever deals I am forgetting over the year. Needless to say, how can I really complain when I made money?

[quote name='admiralvic']Ignoring the misuse of the term, the real problem is how many things you have to ignore / accept / believe to really have a point here. As I've pointed out several times (once to you even), the program merely says X value in savings and if you choose to believe you'll love the deals / they will be great... well that is an assumption and hardly relevant. Additionally, most of these months start with awful deals / complaining, then at some point this changes. Deadliest Warrior got a new MSRP, Mass Effect 3 CE randomly dropped for the PS3, weekly sale, which made previous months great. Even if the deals do suck, anyone with half a brain (I suppose even that fella) can more than make up the loss for subscribing to the magazine. Preorder a popular title? Bam, you're +5. Trade in $150 dollars worth of games, break even. Purchase $150 dollars worth of used titles, break even. Even some of the coupons are pretty useful, like the buy 2 get 1 free one that lasts for quite a while. This will give you the power to make the most of a so so deal or just get 3 games you really want when you want them.

While I stopped my subscription (too many hassles getting preorders and don't care for the later deals), you really have no right to complain when virtually every subscriber on CAG has made turned a profit from subscribing.

For the hell of it, here is my really quick example...

Preordered Bioshock, Dead Space and Borderlands 2. Got them on release for $60 + a 20 dollar cert. Price matched both of them down to $40 and kept the 20 dollar certs. Traded in Dead Space 3 a little while ago, got 30 dollars and another 1.50 from GCU. Bought Deadliest Warrior for .01 and traded it into Gamestop for $18. I probably did more things, but I broke even with Deadliest Warrior and scored $60 in vouchers, not counting whatever deals I am forgetting over the year. Needless to say, how can I really complain when I made money?[/QUOTE]

Don't forget last months horrid DBZ kinect game for $5 to GS for $16.50

[quote name='confoosious']No. One cannot simply use terms however they want out of ignorance or intention.

If I attach 5 speakers to a mono source and put them all around me, can I say that it's surround sound just because I want to?

480p is High Def! (It's high to me!)[/QUOTE]

Sure one can. Turn on CSPAN for about 5 minutes.

bread's done
Back