April @Gamer Coupons: $25 NFS: MW, $20 Hitman and Sleeping Dogs

loxthefox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
Same deal as last time, coupons available in store with GC Unlocked subscription or available from the digital magazine.

Valid from 4/7 - 5/4

Need For Speed: Most Wanted (PS3 & 360) for $24.99 (fixed price)
$20 off Hitman: Absolution (PS3 & 360) - $20 AC
$20 off Sleeping Dogs (PS3 & 360) - $20 AC
$20 off MLB 12: The Show (PS3) - $10 AC
$20 off World Of Warcraft: Mists Of Pandaria Collector's Edition (PC) - $60 AC
$20 off Xbox Live Gold 12-Month Starter Kit (360) - $55 AC
$10 off Any pre-owned game $29.99 and up
$25 off Select Gunnar Gaming Eyeware (Doesn't specify which pairs)

An FAQ about @Gamer provided by whitereflection:

How do I access my digital magazine/coupons?
You will receive an e-mail with a link to the latest issue of the magazine. In the same e-mail is a second link to access the coupons, which you can either print out to use in-store or use online at bestbuy.com.

How do I receive the digital edition of the magazine?
If you are a new or renewing member, you will automatically receive the digital edition of the magazine. If you are a current print subscriber, you will continue to receive the print edition of the magazine until your subscription expires.

How do I convert my print subscription to digital?
Go to http://www.atgamermagazine.com/customerservice. Login with your subscriber info, which can be found on the mailing label of your magazine. Be aware that it takes up to four weeks to process your request.

I have not received the March issue yet.
The last issue was a double-issue for January/February. March issues have just started mailing and you should receive yours by the second week of the month. @Gamer is published ten times a year with double issues for January/February and July/August.

Link to @Gamer online provided by SonOfMan

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...rs/ba-p/662273

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='6er']Sure one can. Turn on CSPAN for about 5 minutes.[/QUOTE]

Or TNT during NBA/March Madness...

That's just turrible, turrible i tell ya

I know this is the April thread, but is anyone else having an issue getting the March coupons to load. When I click the link in the e-mail the site says no coupons are available. I know these don't expire until 4/6.

This [quote name='aukeyseven']i don't understand why people think anyone cares if they reup their gcu or not. This isn't the bb forums or their fb page.

Then the same people are going to complain that they don't have the coupons next month when there is a good deal to be had.[/quote]

I apologize to the sheep if I offended their shepard. I didn't realize the dedication to Best Buy bordered on fanatic worship

I for one am not the type to grovel and beg for scraps and will voice my opinion if I feel it is warranted. Funny how all the people with problems are Johnny come latelys with join dates after 2008

You do understand the point of "Cheap ass gamer" right? We are not here to ensure the existence of retailers we are here for the best possible deal by any means and that's what im going to do, just like the last ten years

Do you really think I care if Best Buy goes out of business because of "devil customers double dipping?"

[quote name='Lord Hamm']I apologize to the sheep if I offended their shepard. I didn't realize the dedication to Best Buy bordered on fanatic worship

I for one am not the type to grovel and beg for scraps and will voice my opinion if I feel it is warranted. Funny how all the people with problems are Johnny come latelys with join dates after 2008

You do understand the point of "Cheap ass gamer" right? We are not here to ensure the existence of retailers we are here for the best possible deal by any means and that's what im going to do, just like the last ten years

Do you really think I care if Best Buy goes out of business because of "devil customers double dipping?"[/QUOTE]

Again, good advice would be to just shut up before you make yourself look any more stupid.

I guess I'm a sheeple over this last years subscription when I've doubled or tripled my BBY credit to GS credit and then back. Sounds like you just aren't smart enough to figure out what the good deals are.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Why dont they ever put VITA games on these coupons? @Gamer hates handhelds.[/QUOTE]

My thing is 3DS, but I agree with you, @Gamer hates handhelds :(

[quote name='Lord Hamm']I apologize to the sheep if I offended their shepard. I didn't realize the dedication to Best Buy bordered on fanatic worship

"[/QUOTE]

But last I checked, the point of cheap ass gamer isnt to whine like a child either.

I hate when people use the name of this site as a crutch whenever they try to make a point with no leg to stand on.

Also, gotta love the whole "I joined before you so my opinion is more valid" argument too.

Do you really think I care if Best Buy goes out of business because of "devil customers double dipping?"[/QUOTE]
You are right, we are not here to ensure the existence of a retailer. But when that retailer has been offering us deals better than any other retailer repeatedly, common sense would suggest that it is best to ensure they stay alive.

[quote name='confoosious']No. One cannot simply use terms however they want out of ignorance or intention.

If I attach 5 speakers to a mono source and put them all around me, can I say that it's surround sound just because I want to?

480p is High Def! (It's high to me!)[/QUOTE]

one could correctly say they are surrounded by sound, as one could say they feel like they were baited and switched, while the company did not necessarily break a law. Nevermind anyways, this discussion is becoming very circular. I will say that I respect everyone's different opinions, and I'm glad we have such a great community to share them!

Congrats on your join date. Since that is what you rely on for argument sake.

Have fun shopping cheap deals at Walmart, Target, and GameStop alone.

Oh and Amazon? Yeah they only have deals once a week if that. Everything else is "price adjustments" to match other retailers. (Whom biggest they match is in fact Best Buy)

If anyone here has a good point to make but needs an early join date to really make it stick, I am selling 2003-vintage endorsements. $10 per post or CML.

[quote name='illennium']If anyone here has a good point to make but needs an early join date to really make it stick, I am selling 2003-vintage endorsements. $10 per post or CML.[/QUOTE]

:lol::applause:

I apologize to the unwashed masses who can't see the forest for the trees. I didn't realize their hatred of Best Buy bordered on pathological.

I for one am not the type to hate a company because it does not give out multiple $5 games a month and overlook the many other benefits and savings that come with the program. Funny how most of the entitled bullshit comes from people with join dates before 2008 who seem to think this makes their opinion count more than anyone elses.

You do understand the point of "Cheap ass gamer" right? We examine different deals that are offered at businesses and find ways to maximize savings overall, not just focus on one singular part of it. We recognize that even without monthly $5 games, there are more than enough ways to save money with the Best Buy program to more than pay for the subscription like the $20 preorder bonuses offered, and even ways to profit off of some of the coupons that are available. Trade in a $5 Dragonball Kinect for $15? Yes please.

Do you really think I care if you renew your subscription?

[quote name='illennium']If anyone here has a good point to make but needs an early join date to really make it stick, I am selling 2003-vintage endorsements. $10 per post or CML.[/QUOTE]

Where's a good place I can flip this?

^^^^

That's far from the only reason to hate Best Buy. The #1 reason is they pioneered the cheap-labor electronic sales model. Ie. a minimum wage work force with no incentive to actually learn about the products they're selling. "Yes sir, you need this $100 Monster Cable for your HD to work, but you don't need an HD receiver, " etc. This is in contrast to the previously universal Circuit City-type model of sales commissions that encouraged a knowledgeable work force. They single-handedly destroyed and changed an entire industry for the worse. Also, I can't speak for the present time since until last week I had not purchased a single Best Buy product in nine years since a horrendous delivery and customer service experience involving a multi-thousand dollar order, but I know in years past their regular prices did not compare favorably to their competitors, and they relied on special sales and loss leaders to drive customers to their stores. I doubt this has changed much as they have driven competitors from the field.

[quote name='aeonus']^^^^

That's far from the only reason to hate Best Buy. The #1 reason is they pioneered the cheap-labor electronic sales model. Ie. a minimum wage work force with no incentive to actually learn about the products they're selling. "Yes sir, you need this $100 Monster Cable for your HD to work, but you don't need an HD receiver, " etc. This is in contrast to the previously universal Circuit City-type model of sales commissions that encouraged a knowledgeable work force. They single-handedly destroyed and changed an entire industry for the worse. Also, I can't speak for the present time since until last week I had not purchased a single Best Buy product in nine years since a horrendous delivery and customer service experience involving a multi-thousand dollar order, but I know in years past their regular prices did not compare favorably to their competitors, and they relied on special sales and loss leaders to drive customers to their stores. I doubt this has changed much as they have driven competitors from the field.[/QUOTE]

I agree with the first half of your post, there's a lot of things BB does that warrants hate. Several times over the past few months I've stopped an employee who was pushing $50 hdmi cable on some poor sap and told them to check out Monoprice or Newegg instead. However, the employees I've seen have shown some knowledge of what they're selling, so that may have changed.

As for their prices, they're price matching Amazon and other online retailers now, so it's a lot easier to get better prices out of them. I've pm'd the Sony Pulse Elite headsets form them for $80, some bluray movies for $5, etc.

My only point was that the GC program is a lot better than some people make it out to be, you just need to take a look at all it offers. $20 gift cards for preorders, the odd coupon here and there, trade in bonuses, etc. I've saved about $50 using it in the past nine months, and I've actually made some money on a few deals. And no one has mentioned the double reward zone points, I've racked up a few $20 certs in the past few months. Overall, it's been a pretty good investment for me. :bouncy:

I don't know if online reg. prices are the same as in-store prices, but Sleeping Dogs & Hitman: Absolution are now $39.99 online. I called by local best buy for a price on hitman & it was the same. So after the coupon its going to be $19.99. Which is obliviously better than $29.99.

[quote name='Midnight Rydah']I don't know if online reg. prices are the same as in-store prices, but Sleeping Dogs & Hitman: Absolution are now $39.99 online. I called by local best buy for a price on hitman & it was the same. So after the coupon its going to be $19.99. Which is obliviously better than $29.99.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm. Saw this earlier in the day in store

[quote name='skatz83']I know this is the April thread, but is anyone else having an issue getting the March coupons to load. When I click the link in the e-mail the site says no coupons are available. I know these don't expire until 4/6.[/QUOTE]

Same thing here. I just went to the store and asked about it. one employee suggested i log in onto my account at the store. when i expressed doubt that using their computer would solve the problem, a different employee was nice enough to just hand me a physical coupon to use. so ymmv but you could go to the store and hope for a helpful employee.

I haven't. Didn't receive last month's copy until 2 weeks ago.

[quote name='blazers29']Have anyone receive their April magazine? I haven't received mine yet.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='blazers29']Have anyone receive their April magazine? I haven't received mine yet.[/QUOTE]

Haven't gotten the e-mail for it yet, but I am in no big rush anyway. Waiting for the true MSRP drop of Hitman anyway.

How slim are the chances of me being able to PM the BB sites B2G1 and using the $10 coupon? ;)

I'm going to say pretty slim but worth a try maybe.

[quote name='Ric Flair']Would I be able to pick up the coupons in store? Want to grab Hitman for $20 tomorrow but have yet to receive an email.[/QUOTE]

I see April brochures in-store.

April coupons aren't good until next week.

[quote name='Donut2922']I see April brochures in-store.

April coupons aren't good until next week.[/QUOTE]

Cool. No problem wait an extra week.

[quote name='MrBeatdown']You could try price matching Newegg...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=79-262-043&ParentOnly=1&IsVirtualParent=1[/QUOTE]

Tried price matching once before from Newegg with no luck. I'll wait another week and pick the game up in stores Thanks for the link though.

Any idea if Amazon or other online retailers have price matched these deals in the past? Hoping that someone will price match NFS: MW for $25.

[quote name='Ric Flair']
Tried price matching once before from Newegg with no luck. I'll wait another week and pick the game up in stores Thanks for the link though.[/QUOTE]

Newegg is mentioned by name in their PM policy. Just print it out and bring it with you next time (though they should be able to look it up easy enough).

[quote name='Ric Flair']Tried price matching once before from Newegg with no luck. I'll wait another week and pick the game up in stores Thanks for the link though.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps this may be of help.

Regards,

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/TV-Video/Televisions/pcmcat290300050001.c?id=pcmcat290300050001

popup_lowpriceheader.gif
If you find a lower price on a qualifying product at a local retail competitor's store or a designated major online retailer, we will match the price. At the time of purchase, we will match the current pre-tax price for new, identical, immediately available products from a local retail competitor's store and these designated major online retailers: Amazon.com, Apple.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Buy.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, Frys.com, hhgregg.com, HP.com, HomeDepot.com, Lowes.com, Newegg.com, OfficeDepot.com, OfficeMax.com, Sears.com, Staples.com, Target.com, TigerDirect.com and Walmart.com. We will match prices between our stores and BestBuy.com®. We will also match prices post purchase if we lower our price within 15 days of your purchase.

The Guarantee is limited to one price match per identical item, per guest and does not apply to: Contract mobile phone devices and plans, the online prices of retailers not listed, the online prices of third party vendors (Marketplace vendors) on designated major online retailers websites, post purchase price match requests to competitor's prices, Best Buy for Business™, offers that include financing, gift card offers, bundling of items, free items, pricing errors, mail-in offers, coupon offers, competitors' service prices, items that are advertised as limited-quantity, out of stock, open-box, clearance, refurbished/used items, our and our competitor's Deal of the Day, daily deals, special hour sale event items and credit card offers, BestBuy.com Clearance & More and Marketplace items, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving.

If you made a purchase on or before March 2, 2013, the Best Buy Price Match Guarantee terms apply.
Best Buy Low Price Guarantee FAQs

If you're digital, you might be getting the issue in your email tonight. I just got mine around 12 AM Pacific.

This is my first digital issue and the iPad app is actually pretty nice. Being able to finally use the coupons online is a great bonus as well.

Well this is gay.... I didn't get my last issue and now they send me a digital issue....
Anyone who had physical copy get forced into digital copies?
Also I am not interested in none of the coupons for this month so if you want a certain coupon online let me know.

Edit: Hitman: Absolution code gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TimesTicking']Well this is gay.... I didn't get my last issue and now they send me a digital issue....
Also I am not interested in none of the coupons for this month so if you want a certain coupon online let me know.[/QUOTE]

PM sent!

[quote name='TimesTicking']Well this is gay.... I didn't get my last issue and now they send me a digital issue....
Also I am not interested in none of the coupons for this month so if you want a certain coupon online let me know.

Edit: Hitman: Absolution code gone.[/QUOTE]

Are you 12?

Edit: Hitman: Absolution code gone.[/QUOTE]

Do you still have the nfs coupon? I'll take it if you do. Thanks!

Well you can apply the coupons online which is nice. Bad News? When you use the $10 off $29.99 used game it voids the 10% GCU discount. Anyway, if people are interested a used copy of BLOPs II is on sale ths week for $37.99 so with the coupon it is $27.99+tax. Really it should be $25.19 with GCU.

[quote name='joker______']where on my account do i check to see if my coupons were switched to digital?[/QUOTE]

All physical accounts should have been switched to digital this month. I didn't do anything and I received the digital issue this morning. They will email the coupons and issue to you.

[quote name='letskissthesky']All physical accounts should have been switched to digital this month. I didn't do anything and I received the digital issue this morning. They will email the coupons and issue to you.[/QUOTE]

okay sweet,thank you for the info.

bread's done
Back