Ar Tonelico Qoga (PS3) NIS preorder CLE $69.99

StarOcean

CAGiversary!
My condolences on being a fellow CAG in WA, but the only reason i went to NE instead of NISA for Ar tonelico was because Newegg had a $10 off any pre-order promo running a month ago.

so the LE ar tonelico for 49.99 free shipping no tax was great.

or so i thought...this is the first time I've been taken back by newegg, they've been great for past orders.

I'll just stick to stuff they have in stock from now on, and ignore the pre-orders

Yeah I understand on those deals. T__T But they been horrible with games from Atlus, Aksys, and NISA Games from NewEgg.com when you pre-order.

They are good on pre-orders for other games that aren't "niche" however. I done a few Racing Games and FPS Games with them for pre-orders and got it shipped within the day the game releases.

[quote name='RedEagleEX']Yeah I understand on those deals. T__T But they been horrible with games from Atlus, Aksys, and NISA Games from NewEgg.com when you pre-order.

They are good on pre-orders for other games that aren't "niche" however. I done a few Racing Games and FPS Games with them for pre-orders and got it shipped within the day the game releases.[/QUOTE]

This. Don't pre-order niche games on NewEgg. It's a horrible experience.

My amazon order shipped. Is scheduled to arrive tomorrow morning.,.. somehow bumping itself up a day from it's estimated delivery of friday.

Got confirmation and payment emails from Newegg today, so it looks like I was one of the lucky ones. I guess that makes sense, since I had jumped on the $10 off deal before reporting it on this thread, but I never expected Newegg would be so careless with the pre-orders. Well, I'll let you guys know if the game comes flat as a pancake or not, so you can know what to expect if you decide to stick with it.

so those of you lucky enough to get your hands on it.

How does it fair against the horrid Ar Tonelico 2 Metafalica?

Ecchi level? I have a gf who's a bit sensitive against brazen moaning during that transformation scene from the trailer, not to mention the lolita.

I enjoyed the first one, which i believe to be the finest.

Hopefully this one doesn't plummet in terms of game play or bring back the game-breaking glitch like Metafallica.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='popaloo']

Ecchi level? I have a gf who's a bit sensitive against brazen moaning during that transformation scene from the trailer, not to mention the lolita.

[/QUOTE]

High. There's one tutorial that says to make songs for the girls, to make the best songs, you have to ask them to strip.

Then it says if they're unwilling, try giving them gifts and then they might take their clothes off for you.

It's pretty ridiculous.

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']This. Don't pre-order niche games on NewEgg. It's a horrible experience.[/QUOTE]

I had the same problem with them when I pre-ordered the Fallout: New Vegas Collector's Edition. I'd say don't pre-order from NewEgg, period.

[quote name='the_grimace']My amazon copy came today. Contained the artbook, cd, and game. All good.[/QUOTE]
What's the shipping weight? Mine just shipped and the weight quoted was 1.1lb, which I hope would mean they used a sturdy box to ship.

[quote name='Amblix']So apparently NISA hasn't even shipped mine out yet, what the fuck.[/QUOTE]

Wow i know that i got shafted by Newegg earlier, but hearing your NISA order hasn't even shipped is odd. When did you order/pre-order it? and where do you live?

I placed the order yesterday after canceling my Newegg one, and it's already been shipped from NISA warehouse as of 6:14 A.M this morning.

Wagnaria looks pretty good too off their site...

[quote name='mystikal1000']I just bought it from NIS and I didn't receive a soundtrack either. I guess I will submit a claim to Sony.[/QUOTE]

I support NISA as a niche translation/publishing company, but their track record is not exactly beaming after the recent fiasco with Nep and Fox. (and now AT Qoga.)

I hope things go well the next couple of releases, as i would hate to see them lose a chunk of their loyal fan because of continue hiccups.

[quote name='Masterkyo']the review for this game is below 5/10 from playstation magazine[/QUOTE]

That's the most drastic from the rest, which is mostly sevens. Honestly, I would only take that at face value. If you need reviews to decide whether you'll like this game, then it isn't for you. It definitely seems aimed to fans of the series, which is probably the best strategy given the kind of game it is.

[quote name='popaloo']I support NISA as a niche translation/publishing company, but their track record is not exactly beaming after the recent fiasco with Nep and Fox. (and now AT Qoga.)

I hope things go well the next couple of releases, as i would hate to see them lose a chunk of their loyal fan because of continue hiccups.[/QUOTE]

Ar tonelico Qoga - Missing bonus CD...
Fox Diety vol. 2 - Missing slip cover
Hyperdimension Neptunia - ??? What's the issue? More than 1000 decks of cards?
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance - Runs like crap on some PSPs?
Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure - Removed extra dungeons, and freezes
Ar tonelico II - Massive bug causing a freeze on one of the final bosses.

It's not recent.

[quote name='elessar123']Ar tonelico Qoga - Missing bonus CD...
[/QUOTE]

Case? It just comes in a paper sleeve I believe. Or do you mean it missing the CD entirely which is what I've heard.

Also issue with Neptunia I think was that some card decks were missing cards.

[quote name='Masterkyo']the review for this game is below 5/10 from playstation magazine[/QUOTE]
I don't expect any JRPGs to get good reviews this generation. I don't know what it is with the gaming industry this generation, but there's a very negative view towards JRPGs for an incomprehensible reason :roll:

It's not recent.[/QUOTE]

Neptunia had a ship delay because of weather. NISA went ahead and billed people so shipping could commence ASAP. In the end people waited a week at most extra to get their copies.

Delayed shipments on Neptunia/missing cards from the card decks (snowstorm, so it was out of their hands).

----Though it probably didn't prevent alot of people from canceling/returning when they could have easily walked into their nearest Gamestop to pick one up. (I waited)

Guardian Fox Deity Vol.2 Premium Edition had a recall on bad slipcase (NISA quoted it as sub-par quality and apologized for it) (Keep in mind that it the manufacturer's mistake, not the publishing company)

----So another bout of form submissions to get your product "exactly as advertised"

And now the most recent, Ar Tonelico Qoga with the missing soundtrack CD.

----Forms to be submitted to get one sent to you.

*Edit: Great company, but continued little hiccups like these doesn't exactly look great when given the fact that all three releases were within a month of each other. So I'd call that pretty recent.

[quote name='lurkingsalt']Neptunia had a ship delay because of weather. NISA went ahead and billed people so shipping could commence ASAP. In the end people waited a week at most extra to get their copies.[/QUOTE]

Oh come on, you can't actually blame this on NISA, unless they caused the snow storm. I lost a lot faith in them a couple years back (especially with Ar tonelico II), this is just unfair :lol:

[quote name='mitnosi']Case? It just comes in a paper sleeve I believe. Or do you mean it missing the CD entirely which is what I've heard.

Also issue with Neptunia I think was that some card decks were missing cards.[/QUOTE]

I meant CD, which I changed, and why your quoted message says CD =P

And really? I didn't open my Neptunia cards, but I really hope there's not any missing. First I heard of this. Guess I'll grab a magnifying glass when I get home, and count them.

It's not recent.[/QUOTE]

also crappy idea factory games which they even admitted themselves was not very good. i learned my lessen.

[quote name='elessar123']Oh come on, you can't actually blame this on NISA, unless they caused the snow storm. I lost a lot faith in them a couple years back (especially with Ar tonelico II), this is just unfair :lol:[/QUOTE]

Not blaming them, sorry if I came off that way, I was just clarifying your post since It seemed this info was missing on what happened with Neptunia.

As a side note with NISA hiccups they re printed Toradora DVD1 because some people found some issues when they freeze framed some scenes. I love NISA and what they do but yeah, these many issues so close together only hurts them, hope from here on out they do everything they can to stop this issues.

[quote name='lurkingsalt']Not blaming them, sorry if I came off that way, I was just clarifying your post since It seemed this info was missing on what happened with Neptunia.

As a side note with NISA hiccups they re printed Toradora DVD1 because some people found some issues when they freeze framed some scenes. I love NISA and what they do but yeah, these many issues so close together only hurts them, hope from here on out they do everything they can to stop this issues.[/QUOTE]

Nod

I'm actually enjoying this game. I got it through NISA and it arrived on Monday (3/14) in a sturdy box with squishy bubble wrap and my soundtrack was included. I live in the So. California valley and I was pretty hyped to get the game before the official release date. :applause:

It's a JRPG. The only noticeable thing that's bothered me is a slight laggy feeling when the characters are walking in towns but it's very minor. It's also almost the exact same feeling that I got from FFXIII walking so I'm going to dub it as a difference in cultures or something I'm imagining.

I mean, everything works. I haven't run into any actual lag, freezes, bothersome load times or weirdness. The fighting is Tales-like but still unique though the beginning battles are just badly thought out in regards to easing you into the system. It's not fantastic or groundbreaking but it's fun and highly amusing as I am a female gamer and I love the full-out ridiculous pervy-ness of the story.:bouncy:

[quote name='ArQuesta']It's not fantastic or groundbreaking but it's fun and highly amusing as I am a female gamer and I love the full-out ridiculous pervy-ness of the story.:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

lol perv, but unfortunately my gf doesn't share your sentiment on that subject.

Edit* wish she did, but life threw me grapes, though i asked for lemons (does that even make sense? w/e off to work)

[quote name='ithebigc']I don't expect any JRPGs to get good reviews this generation. I don't know what it is with the gaming industry this generation, but there's a very negative view towards JRPGs for an incomprehensible reason :roll:[/QUOTE]

^^^^
this. Its not a crappy sequal or GOW/COD clone so it must suck. Honestly can you take any magazine that gave the garbage that was GT5 a 9 seriously? I agree with the JRPG thing. Hell star ocean got 'westernized' when it came out on the xbox for some reason

anyone remember when that magazine used to actually be cool? Back when it was called PSM? I still have my smiley sticker on my old PS1, heh

As for the game.. hmm i still havent got mine yet for some reason. I preorderd from NIS too, wtf

[quote name='popaloo']lol perv, but unfortunately my gf doesn't share your sentiment on that subject.

Edit* wish she did, but life threw me grapes, though i asked for lemons (does that even make sense? w/e off to work)[/QUOTE]
my gf just thinks it's funny lol.
Just got the game today and I'm gonna play it...as soon as the damn system update finishes. I hate all these system updates from sony, I can never just play a game lol.

Got mine today (Saturday) from NIS, shipping was fantastic (2 days) but the soundtrack was missing. Wrote an email but I'll probably call them on Monday.

I'll probably start it, get a trophy or two, then add it into my horrendously large backlog D:

So basically 1/2 on NIS.com so far. Not bad, but not perfect.

Oh well...with Duodecim arriving on Tuesday my backlog shall stay as evergrowing as can be

i dont think itll be a problem so we shall see. i got two of these one to keep sealed in collection and one to play. put in for 2 soundtracks from the nisa complaint form. one is missing and the other i cant tell as im not opening it. either way the game is amazing.

[quote name='gauu']i dont think itll be a problem so we shall see. i got two of these one to keep sealed in collection and one to play. put in for 2 soundtracks from the nisa complaint form. one is missing and the other i cant tell as im not opening it. either way the game is amazing.[/QUOTE]

May I ask where the complaint form is, if it's the one in the help/faq section? Sent the email in my email box, unless you *have* to use that particular form.

nisa sent an email to everyone alerting them of the issue and to use the form they sent you in their email. as of right now nisa has said they received my form and awaiting to hear from the company.

[quote name='elessar123']I meant CD, which I changed, and why your quoted message says CD =P

And really? I didn't open my Neptunia cards, but I really hope there's not any missing. First I heard of this. Guess I'll grab a magnifying glass when I get home, and count them.[/QUOTE]

The cards were GS pre-orders right? Because my set didn't come with them.

[quote name='kndy']The cards were GS pre-orders right? Because my set didn't come with them.[/QUOTE]

They were exclusive to NIS orders for the first 1,000+

[quote name='kndy']The cards were GS pre-orders right? Because my set didn't come with them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they were pre-order only. I missed out on a set myself :/ Only by like a day or two.

Crazy NIS making super hyper ultra collector's editions, and then just CEs lol.

what the hell.. why haven't i recieved my copy yet? I prorderd this direct months ago!

to those of you who got the cd.. does it really come in a crappy paper sleeve? Thats a huge let down if thats the case. NIS usually gives nice sets.. i was expecting a nice CD case with artwork or something =(

ALso wondering if anyones weighed it with the cd.. though i doubt a cd without a case will make a difference. I didn't want to open it if i could avoid it when it finally comes

I received my copy with the calendar, but no CD. And honestly I'm disappointed with the calendar. The artwork on the cover is very nice but the interior artwork for each month could have been better.

[quote name='Kenshindono']what the hell.. why haven't i recieved my copy yet? I prorderd this direct months ago!

to those of you who got the cd.. does it really come in a crappy paper sleeve? Thats a huge let down if thats the case. NIS usually gives nice sets.. i was expecting a nice CD case with artwork or something =(

ALso wondering if anyones weighed it with the cd.. though i doubt a cd without a case will make a difference. I didn't want to open it if i could avoid it when it finally comes[/QUOTE]
yeah it comes in a paper sleeve. That sucks that you haven't received yours yet.

When I read the review in the mag, you could tell the editor did not take the game seriously with an open mind. While he did list things that could be legitimate complaints, he also mentions things in his Neptunia review in the same mag listing conflicts with rating it from a point of view of fans in the genre vs. someone just picking up and playing it.

I don't know, I just can't trust a review as badly written as that playstation mag editor.

bread's done
Back