Arcana Heart 3 (PS3) PAL Disc $33 Shipped

aTaRiFrEaK223

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. However, given the HUGE benefits of digital distribution to publishers, there should be corresponding concessions to the consumers. i.e. The cost of digitally-distributed titles should cost far, far less than their physical counterparts and that just isn't happening for the most part.
That's fine, I don't think anyone really disagrees with that, I believe the main point of contention with your comment lies with "gamers are stupid and lazy."

yeah prices for download titles are a bit overboard(360 on demand games anyone?).

especially when theyre the same price as the physical copy.

seriously, its like the pub/dev is just saying "fuck you stupid, blind consumer".

[quote name='StripesOrBars']yeah prices for download titles are a bit overboard(360 on demand games anyone?).

especially when theyre the same price as the physical copy.

seriously, its like the pub/dev is just saying "fuck you stupid, blind consumer".[/QUOTE]

Or it's like saying, "hey, if you don't want to waste the time and gas going to the store and would rather have a new game right now rather than waiting or you don't have the space to store a bunch of physical media, we're going to make that opportunity available to you." Or "hey, you got a really good deal on those PSN and Xbox Live points last week at X retailer's sale, wouldn't you rather get a game in digitial format for less than you would pay at retail for a boxed copy?" Personally, I prefer physical media and I agree there should be some price differential (although given that replication costs for a disc, case, sleeve and manual are less than a few dollars each now and shipping is maybe another buck, it probably wouldn't be a huge differential), but I know a lot of people who prefer digital media only, especially if storage space, time, distance to a store, etc...is an issue.

How are people complaining about the cost of digital distribution in a thread where a new-release game is being digitally distributed for half the price of a retail release? Arcana Heart 3 was 7,140 yen in Japan, which is roughly $70 and a pretty standard price for a PS3 release in Japan.
And lest you think fighters just cost less in America, Marvel vs. Capcom 3 just released for $60 here.

$30 may not be cheap enough for CAGs, but it seems to prove the point that digital distribution can enable cheaper releases. And, indeed, enable localizations where a retail release probably wouldn't have even been considered.

[quote name='ShiftyPowers57']Uhm, I've never bought anything from overseas before. Can I use my US credit/debit card or my Paypal account? >.>;;[/QUOTE]

Yes, if they accept paypal. If not you would just use your credit card like you would if you bought something from any other address. Just check your address if you use autofill, because sometimes ordering overseas the autofill might put things in the wrong place.

[quote name='scott_matthews']Yeah they use to charge something like 3 pounds to ship to the US, but that changed about a month ago. I've ordered Lord of Arcana, 3rd Birthday, Tactics Ogre, and a few others from them. They also tend to have some 10% off codes readily available (check the UK Collector's Edition thread here in the game deals forum for up to date ones).

They do ship in bubble mailers, but so far I haven't had anything arrive damaged. As long as it's not a collector's edition in an over-sized, mostly empty cardboard box, you should be fine.[/QUOTE]

I haven't had problems with bubble mailers overseas, but in the States with Amazon I do. I have no idea why. Play Asia and HMV have been good to me with bubble mailers, but I decided to order from The Hut because of the free shipping.

[quote name='joshnorm']God damn I hope that Arcana Heart for the 360 is region free. Doubtful I know but I really, want it for that system[/QUOTE]

Me too, but the majority of region free games for 360 are from Asia. I preordered the PS3 version, but if I find out the 360 version is region free, I'll sell or trade my PS3 version.

Thought I'd bump the thread for those interested in a physical disc of the game. It may be coming in a few weeks (rumor is it's coming early April). :)

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Thought I'd bump the thread for those interested in a physical disc of the game. It may be coming in a few weeks (rumor is it's coming early April). :)[/QUOTE]

Actually, isn't the US download only release date early April with the European release still mid-June? Not exactly just a few weeks away for the disc version.

Still deciding if I should add another fighter to my gaming lineup. Busy with mvc3, super street fighter and waiting on mk.

skimmed thread.. just wanted to clarify a few things

Is it for sure that the US will NOT get a real relase for this? (disc based i mean) DLC is utter garbage IMO, and i never buy it at all. I want to make sure were not getting this before i buy the UK version

and to those of you talking about zavvi or thehut:

ya the hut and zavvi use shitty bubble mailers, and odds are if you order a LE of something it will get damaged. I got 2 copies of limited edition blazblue CE's and both came damaged in some way. I was pretty pissed

Im very concerned about my large order that i placed a week or so ago.. it was damn near 400 bucks i think of stuff. I'll be pissed if it comes in all crushed. Im not sure what the packaging is for this but it looks like a regular BD case so it will probably be fine

[quote name='62t']SCEA because they required all games to have dub. Sony Europe doesnt have such policy.[/QUOTE]

Please do NOT keep spreading this Lie. Yakuza 3 and 4 (Original JP title is Ryu ga Gotoku) has a disc release in the US and it is NOT dubbed. There is no requirement to have a dub for a disc release.

Releasing a title as DLC is much much cheaper than pressing discs. Aksys has done this a number of times. Sometimes it does not make sense to release a game on disc if your projected sale numbers are small. This may be a fighting game but all the contestants are female and have anime designs... this is a niche game.

Edit: Even Aksys is going to release a JP audio only game on BD for the PS3... Record of Aghast War Zero does NOT have a dub.

[quote name='Kenshindono']skimmed thread.. just wanted to clarify a few things

Is it for sure that the US will NOT get a real relase for this? (disc based i mean) DLC is utter garbage IMO, and i never buy it at all. I want to make sure were not getting this before i buy the UK version

and to those of you talking about zavvi or thehut:

ya the hut and zavvi use shitty bubble mailers, and odds are if you order a LE of something it will get damaged. I got 2 copies of limited edition blazblue CE's and both came damaged in some way. I was pretty pissed

Im very concerned about my large order that i placed a week or so ago.. it was damn near 400 bucks i think of stuff. I'll be pissed if it comes in all crushed. Im not sure what the packaging is for this but it looks like a regular BD case so it will probably be fine[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is certain that Aksys will not be releasing this on a disc for North America. It is going to be downloadable only.

[quote name='BettiePage']Please do NOT keep spreading this Lie. Yakuza 3 and 4 (Original JP title is Ryu ga Gotoku) has a disc release in the US and it is NOT dubbed. There is no requirement to have a dub for a disc release.

Releasing a title as DLC is much much cheaper than pressing discs. Aksys has done this a number of times. Sometimes it does not make sense to release a game on disc if your projected sale numbers are small. This may be a fighting game but all the contestants are female and have anime designs... this is a niche game.

Edit: Even Aksys is going to release a JP audio only game on BD for the PS3... Record of Aghast War Zero does NOT have a dub.[/QUOTE]

Yakuza is the exception so far. That might have changed recently but it was true in the past. Atlus cutted out the voice acting in Arcana Heart 1 in the story mode. Capcom removed the Japanese voice acting in X6 Mega Man X Collection because X6 was sub only on Ps1.

keep in mind a release for Argest War Zero was announced before Arcana Hearts 3... why is a title which is announced 1st gets JP Audio only and a disc release and then announced another JP audio only game as a PSN only title? trying to pin the blame on SECA is a bit much when all the evidence points to it being an Aksys issue. To discount Yakuza is a joke... Yakuza 2 on the PS2 is JP audio only as well. This is AMERICA and most folks here speak English. To get the most bang for your buck a company would dub titles into English... even foreign movies gets dubbed over not just anime and games. If Aksys feels confident a non English title wont hit the required sales then it being DL only is a valid option.

It really does seem weird this has no disc release in the US. Agarest came out and a lot of people were upset at no PS3 disc release, and then they announced Agarest Zero would get a disc release, so I thought they had learned. Then they announced no disc release for this. Not sure what they're thinking.

so anyone know what the packaging is going to be for this? Will it be a standard PS3 case, or is it going to be some kinda LE style cardboard outer box? I may get it from thehut if its just a regular PS3 case, but certainly not if its going to be anything that could get crushed with their terrible shipping packaging

Niche RPGs are easier to sell than niche fighters.

Might double dip both the NA PSN release and the PAL disk since I'll probably buy some of the DLCs and just in case by some freak chance that whoever is doing the PAL localization made it so that it's incompatible with other regions' matchmaking.

Thanks OP for the post.. and to scott_matthews for posting the Zavvi link. I had never used "the hut" so I ordered with Zavvi since I've had good dealing with them in the past.

I threw in some other titles so I could used the promo code SHOWER6 to save an extra £6.00

I ended up snagging these.
10232714-1280939071-907000.jpg
Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Ariand - £16.07
10060959-1252314997-950000.jpg
Supercar Challenge - £8.87
10239115-1287056382-786000.jpg
Prince Of Persia Trilogy: HD Collection - £13.37
10310289-1302017965-799000.jpg
Arcana Heart 3 - £15.95

£6 Off 1 -£6.00
Total Delivery Cost: £0.00
Total: £54.26 (88.87USD)

Here's the promo codes they have going ATM on Zavvi. They might work on The Hut as well but I'm not sure.

Discount Code
Save £4 on £40 minimum spend
Expires: 30 April 2011 23:59
VOUCHERCODE4

Save £6 on £60 minimum spend
Expires: 15 April 2011 23:59
SHOWER6

Save £1 on £5 minimum spend - first 500
Expires: 12 April 2011 23:59
GRANDNATIONAL

Save £5 on £50 minimum spend
Expires: 30 April 2011
FIVEROFF50

Bah, I so do not need to get this game. At all. But I so want to... I do only own 1 though and not 2. Maybe I wont get the story if I skip it?

[quote name='gibbyva']Thanks OP for the post.. and to scott_matthews for posting the Zavvi link. I had never used "the hut" so I ordered with Zavvi since I've had good dealing with them in the past.

I threw in some other titles so I could used the promo code SHOWER6 to save an extra £6.00

I ended up snagging these.
10232714-1280939071-907000.jpg
Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Ariand - £16.07
10060959-1252314997-950000.jpg
Supercar Challenge - £8.87
10239115-1287056382-786000.jpg
Prince Of Persia Trilogy: HD Collection - £13.37
10310289-1302017965-799000.jpg
Arcana Heart 3 - £15.95

£6 Off 1 -£6.00
Total Delivery Cost: £0.00
Total: £54.26 (88.87USD)

Here's the promo codes they have going ATM on Zavvi. They might work on The Hut as well but I'm not sure.

Discount Code
Save £4 on £40 minimum spend
Expires: 30 April 2011 23:59
VOUCHERCODE4

Save £6 on £60 minimum spend
Expires: 15 April 2011 23:59
SHOWER6

Save £1 on £5 minimum spend - first 500
Expires: 12 April 2011 23:59
GRANDNATIONAL

Save £5 on £50 minimum spend
Expires: 30 April 2011
FIVEROFF50[/QUOTE]

holy crap i can only imagine how mangled and screwed up Atelier Rorona will be when it arrives in a bubble mailer from overseas o_O

[quote name='djricekcn']I got the Japanese one a whiel ago and I say this game blows as a fighter.[/QUOTE]

Can you explain what exactly makes it so bad?

[quote name='Malicite']Bah, I so do not need to get this game. At all. But I so want to... I do only own 1 though and not 2. Maybe I wont get the story if I skip it?[/QUOTE]

The second game was a really bad arcade port anyways, so you didn't miss anything. I'm not sure if emulators work to reproduce that game or not.

I just noticed they've got the Limited Edition of Blazblue: Continuum Shift for £17.85 with free shipping. I'm too lazy for conversions, but it has to be just under $30, which is a solid deal for the Europe-exclusive LE.

http://www.thehut.com/games/platfor...continuum-shift-limited-edition/10240269.html

I'm in for both console versions of Arcana Heart 3 myself. I *would* just get the 360 version, but no one knows if that's going to be region-free yet. If it isn't, I'll have the PS3 one to fall back on, and if it is, I'll just play the 360 one. Either way, I'll sell the one I don't need on ebay.

[quote name='milleniumbugx']Can you explain what exactly makes it so bad?[/QUOTE]

I really don't know where to start but the the chunkiness was really bad in my opinion. It reminded me of World Heroes, this chunkiness includes animation smoothness and input, among others.

[quote name='djricekcn']I really don't know where to start but the the chunkiness was really bad in my opinion. It reminded me of World Heroes, this chunkiness includes animation smoothness and input, among others.[/QUOTE]
I've never heard anyone else express these kind of complaints. What's more, when I see videos of it, the combat looks anything but clunky.

[quote name='phantasyx']You might want to watch a video before you bite on this one. Its a little to much lolita for some peoples tastes.[/QUOTE]

I don't know this series, but your post made me almost immediately buy it. Luckily I realized it was a fighting game before I completed the purchase. :cool:

[quote name='Ragnorok64']I've never heard anyone else express these kind of complaints. What's more, when I see videos of it, the combat looks anything but clunky.[/QUOTE]

To each his own?

[quote name='CaoPi']so you can play this game online, any confirmation? anyone have the PAL ver in their hands?[/QUOTE]

The PAL version isn't out, you'll have to ask someone with the NTSC/J Version.

I bought the Japanese version back in Feb and can vouch for an amazing port job Arc Sys did. The online is more or less the same interface and code used in arc sys's other fighter blazblue. I can almost forgive Examu for the crappy port for 2. Don't let the girly roster fool you, it's a very fun, robust and balanced fighter. 23 fighters with 23 arcanas make for a ton of combination and experimentation. $30 is a steal for an amazing game like this. (I imported it for $70 and I still think it's worth it)

I waited too long to pre-order. Both TheHut and Zaavi have the game priced at 29.85GBP, which converts to 48.78USD. If anyone know any other site to get it cheaper, let me know.

[quote name='cruzfactor']I waited too long to pre-order. Both TheHut and Zaavi have the game priced at 29.85GBP, which converts to 48.78USD. If anyone know any other site to get it cheaper, let me know.[/QUOTE]

Bump for this too. Why would they raise the price? I also find it odd that they raised the price to exactly what the price used to be in USD, now in GBP.

Is this an error? It seems like the site may be trying to translate the price for me, maybe without changing the currency symbol?

[quote name='AugustAPC']Bump for this too. Why would they raise the price? I also find it odd that they raised the price to exactly what the price used to be in USD, now in GBP.

Is this an error? It seems like the site may be trying to translate the price for me, maybe without changing the currency symbol?[/QUOTE]

It seems to be £29.99 everywhere now. I wish I bought a giftcard instead of using my paypal account when I preordered it. The GBP seems to be getting stronger, now it's a dollar more than it was before. I just hope it doesn't get too strong.

How are you buying this from the Hut if you live in the US? I don't see USA as a country in the dropdown box.
Never mind, pay with credit card and ship to cardholder's address.
Sendit still has it at 15GBP, just ordered it. Got Blazblue CS LE at the Hut too, thanks to whomever posted it. Ordered it on the PS3, of course, can't play it otherwise.

Ordering from Sendit right now, but having some confusion. What do you put in the second line for the address and for the line that asks for a 'postcode'?

EDIT: nvm, just put in my city, state, and zip code. duh.

[quote name='HakaHina']Ordering from Sendit right now, but having some confusion. What do you put in the second line for the address and for the line that asks for a 'postcode'?

EDIT: nvm, just put in my city, state, and zip code. duh.[/QUOTE]

How much is shipping?

I've never imported a video game from a website before. Is there anything special I need to do, as far as paying? Or is it just the same process as any other site, and the conversion is made automatically?

[quote name='AugustAPC']I've never imported a video game from a website before. Is there anything special I need to do, as far as paying? Or is it just the same process as any other site, and the conversion is made automatically?[/QUOTE]

Conversion is handled by your credit card company.

bread's done
Back