Arizona Minions, RISE!

GTmaster39

CAGiversary!
Thought it would be nice to have our very own thread. It would also be nice to meet up with one another and play some games, or go on some cag deal hunts.

Favorite spot for trades and classic and current game titles & hardware. Everything from Atari to PS3.

new-bookmans-logo.jpg

www.bookmans.com

Locations:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...33.815666,-111.84082&spn=8.28405,12.65625&z=6

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooooo! A new Fallout games has opened up at Thunderbird and Tatum in Phoenix. This location is much closer to me, and will make shopping for classic titles a lot more convenient. I picked up a copy of Shadow Hearts: Covenant, while I was in there today. They have a great selection of older titles.

I always tell myself I'm going to stop by their Tempe store, but I never get around to it. I guess they are doing well enough to keep expanding, which is always good news for retro used game stores.

I see they do disc repair as well, not sure what machine they have though.

[quote name='Billytwoshoes']I always tell myself I'm going to stop by their Tempe store, but I never get around to it. I guess they are doing well enough to keep expanding, which is always good news for retro used game stores.

I see they do disc repair as well, not sure what machine they have though.[/QUOTE]

You should check it out. The guys who work there are cool and they have a pretty good selection!

Yeah, it's worth it if you're a collector. They have their computer system between the three stores linked up, so they can check the stock across all three locations. And if one of their other stores has a game you want, they're willing to transfer it over to the location closer to you.

I picked up a lot of great titles on my recent visit to their new location. Just for the PS1 I was able to get Beyond the Beyond, Broken Sword 2, Parasite Eve, Tobal No. 1, and Vagrant Story. All of them were in surprisingly good condition, and came complete with cases, inserts, and instruction booklets. The prices on Parasite Eve and Vagrant Story were extremely reasonable. $20 for Parasite Eve and $25 for Vagrant Story. Well worth it considering the notoriety of those titles and their developer pedigree. (Squaresoft PS1 games usually command higher prices)

[quote name='Richard Kain']Yeah, it's worth it if you're a collector. They have their computer system between the three stores linked up, so they can check the stock across all three locations. And if one of their other stores has a game you want, they're willing to transfer it over to the location closer to you.

I picked up a lot of great titles on my recent visit to their new location. Just for the PS1 I was able to get Beyond the Beyond, Broken Sword 2, Parasite Eve, Tobal No. 1, and Vagrant Story. All of them were in surprisingly good condition, and came complete with cases, inserts, and instruction booklets. The prices on Parasite Eve and Vagrant Story were extremely reasonable. $20 for Parasite Eve and $25 for Vagrant Story. Well worth it considering the notoriety of those titles and their developer pedigree. (Squaresoft PS1 games usually command higher prices)[/QUOTE]

That's quite a haul! I'm not sure when I'll be out that way (since I live in Mesa) but I'd like to see the new store. I know the Tempe store sent a lot of their duplicates to the new store to help with inventory.

Finally stopped by the Tempe Fallout Games store, pretty interesting walkthrough.  Much better than the Gamers store that used to be there across the street (for those people old enough to remember Gamers).  I figure with them being catty corner to that Goodwill, they glean the good donations from there (which I can't blame them for doing so if they do).  Overall a cool place.

Since I recently got back into retro collecting, I've been hitting up Fallout Games a lot. However, they didn't have a copy of Shadow Hearts so I went looking for other retro stores in the area. Today I found Flashback Games in Tempe, and I'm quite happy with that store as well. Very clean, well organized and fairly priced from what I purchased. Got a promotional not for resale complete Shadow Hearts for $20. Also got a like new Wild Arms and Okage The Shadow King. If you haven't been there yet you might want to check it out.

Chandler here. No gaming deals here..I live right across the street the a blockbuster that closed down a while back.
You should check out that Zia Records on Dobson and Chandler Blvd. I'm not a big fan of Zia since they overprice a good portion of their stuff, however there are a few things they significantly undervalue if you can weed through the bloated price tags.

Thought I'd give a quick shout out to find out if any other people are going to the Sony e3 event in Ahwatukee tonight? Maybe we can make a cag thing out of it and sit together?

Anyone know of any stores in the Phoenix related area that offer fair cash values on vintage valuable strategy guides, PS1/Saturn/Snes/Genesis games, or even anywhere on the net that doesn't involve amazon/ebay/cragislist? Having bookmans offer $4 store credit for an excellent condition Suikoden 2 prima guide was

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back