Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood PS3 Discussion

[quote name='Azazael13']I love the MP but had a horrible experience this last Saturday. Every game i was in was with people who at least 30 levels above me, made for miserable matches.

Am I the only person who has a hell of a time stunning people? I can watch someone walk up to me, mass the O button and never stun them. however I was in a team game Saturday where two people keep me stunned for over half the match, wth?[/QUOTE]

When you start off, you will be in with a bunch of level 50s. It doesn't mean a whole lot... and at worst you can play team modes. By the time I was level 10 or so (which takes no time to level to), I was already better than most. I am level 22 or so now and consistently finish in the top few people regardless of the match type.

Kill overrules stun every time... you can't walk straight into someone and stun. You have to surprise them from out of a crowd or smoke bomb them... or catch them after they kill a teammate. Unless you KNOW you have the drop, it is best to run or keep your cover. I have been killed several times while trying to stun from behind even (which is admittedly frustrating).

I played some MP last night (2nd time ever) and it was a much better experience than my first time. I still think it sucks that it doesn't put people of similar level together, but whatever. I'll get better abilities eventually.

And yes: stunning only seems to work for the other guy :)

Does anyone have a link that exaplins the various MP modes? In the in-game manual it only mentions 2 of them but I thought there were more?

I'll type out what I remember....

Wanted - up to 8 players. It is you vs everyone... you can have up to three people hunting you and your target can have up to two other assassins on them.

Manhunt - Team based. One team goes out and tries to kill the other. The non assassin team gains points from blending in, creating lure kills (assassin kills a dummy/npc that looks like you) and stunning their assassin.

Alliance - 3 (I think it is only 3) teams of two go against one another. You have one team you have to hunt and one team in hunting you.

Chest Capture - Team based. One team tries to kill the capturing team. The capturing team has to gain points by standing in the chest capture circle and capturing the chest and by getting stun/lure points.

Thanks. Wanted and Alliance are the only modes mentioned in the manual. Alliance sounds like it could be fun if I was playing with someone I knew and I had a headset (which I don't). Guess I'll try to stick with Wanted.

We were doing quite well in mp last night dyeknom, think we only finished 2nd a few times, and dominated the rest except for when the group of people where boosting by killing civilians to boost there score. I'm very inconsistent with this game I'll start out strong turn to shit in the middle and finish strong for some reason, but you carried me a few times last night.

Sinistar and Saint missed you guys last night, we must be on different schedules. I'm usually on at 9-9:30pm EST.

If someone isn't on my PSN add me (I need to get on with you guys for sure). Boosting by killing civilians? How does that work? Wouldn't that have to be two people on opposite sides to work? You can't kill peons to boost your own score...

got my first 750point kill last night :)

I don't have a specific night I play but feel free to add me I am always looking for more players to play with/against

I noticed a few of you are already on my PSN list, so I just got this game too. Should I do single player first or jump right in to multiplayer (considering I still have to play AC 2)?

[quote name='nakanenui']I noticed a few of you are already on my PSN list, so I just got this game too. Should I do single player first or jump right in to multiplayer (considering I still have to play AC 2)?[/QUOTE]

Play ACII before AC B SP. It is a direct continuation. You can play AC B MP without playing either SP campaigns (I did and got jazzed and went to beat AC II right after).

Just play the training mission... I learned as I went along control wise (even though I had played the first). You won't be very good your first few rounds anyways... :lol:

But post playing ACII I was way better at the controls.

Finally finished the main storyline. Time to start breaking into the MP. Hope it will be awesome.

Anyone here play AC: Project Legacy Facebook game? I'm reading good things, but wondering if it's worth it and if it really let's you do anything special in Brotherhood.

anyone interested in trophy boosting for multiplayer? i cant get into any online slots at all. or there isnt any ppl playing multiplayer?

[quote name='Saint Noir']There are people playing... the matchmaking is just the worst thing ever.[/QUOTE]

so anyone wan some trophy boosting? Add me pls.

Wednesday nights are good for me. I have a buddy who can also play, usually after 9pm PST. I could also do Thursday nights. Friday nights are COD and Lost Planet 2 night.

Finally got into MP. Not too bad. Kind of difficult trying to remain incognito when your target is just running around like an idiot.

[quote name='GuyWithGun']Finally got into MP. Not too bad. Kind of difficult trying to remain incognito when your target is just running around like an idiot.[/QUOTE]

noticed that too. lots of morons running around. I decided to be a moron and chase, but then got killed by surprise too many times. I played 3 matches, and need to figure out controls and tactics better. maybe boost some levels to unlock skills to make things more fair. if we could get a good group together it would be more fun though, and with mics it adds that whole extra element since you can hear each other when in range. edit: its funny when you hear the jaws theme as your friend hunts you down, lol.

At Level 8 so far in MP...only 631275 more XP before I reach Level 50!

On a side note I was able to get two trophies just on the MP training mission, the haystack assassination and 750point assassination.

[quote name='Azazael13']If it was M, T, or R I would be down.[/QUOTE]

Those days work for me as well, it doesn't have to be W, whatever works with the majority people is good for me...I usually can't go a day without turning my PS3 on and playing a game. I just want to get into a weekly routine of playing so I can knock out my final 3 trophies (Role Model, AToM*, and level 50)

Wow, these poisonings are pissing me off. I even saw the guy coming and I was waiting on him to stun him, but it never let me do it, and then I'm dead and poisoned.

I also dislike it when I know I've stunned in time but it still gives the other guy the kill.

You need not forget the age old rule.... if the killer knows its you... no stun... run. RUN. Throw smoke, book out of there... anything. If they know it's you, your stun has no chance.

[quote name='Saint Noir']You need not forget the age old rule.... if the killer knows its you... no stun... run. RUN. Throw smoke, book out of there... anything. If they know it's you, your stun has no chance.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I guess it's no use if it's obvious they know it's me. I just want to be able to counter or something. I just got the second ability slot so I'll probably slap a smoke bomb in there and see what happens. I'm really liking the Disguise feature and finding a group of people that has 1 or 2 other guys that look like me and watching the killer get the wrong guy.

And a free Single Player mission on PS3, I believe. Since the facebook reached a million fans there will also be a new MP map for free soon.

But you have to activate each DLC individually. So if you activate Animus Project 1.0, despite having 2.0 downloaded you cannot play it... and if you activate 2.0... you cant play 1.0. It's a pathetic way to put in DLC.

Also, still working on Abstergo EotM. I think all I need a triple escape and mid-air gun kill... possibly "extreme variety," but I think i've gotten that already.

[quote name='dyeknom']Also, still working on Abstergo EotM. I think all I need a triple escape and mid-air gun kill... possibly "extreme variety," but I think i've gotten that already.[/QUOTE]

What is this? I never use the gun... pretty worthless points wise. But this challenge may make me break it out for a few rounds.

Played a few frustrating rounds the other day. I kept getting assigned to kill the biggest yahoo in the game who was constantly roof running and acting silly... amazingly I was holding it down in first place. But it meant I had to constantly break cover to get my kill (was assigned same guy every time) and doing so meant the 3 people on me had a clear view of what I was doing.

Abstergo AotM is the trophy where you have to get all of the bonuses at least once.

There's a list of descriptions, but nothing telling you if you had gotten them in the past... which is obnoxious (not to mention it's not saved online either... just locally).

Mid-Air is killing a person with the hidden gun in mid-air and is required for it. I finally got the "Untouchable" one (which was a no-death game) and that was actually a pain for me, since I seemed to always have a pair of people on me.

Ah. Was not aware of this trophy. May be a bit of a pain. I finally did the Strong Closer but it didn't pop. Is that only available in certain modes? I think I was doing alliance and got a kill with 7 seconds left or so to take the lead.

Edit - looking over the things needed for EotM, I need mid air for sure... maybe focus, drop kills, triple escape and extreme variety (unsure on these). I want to say I have gotten untouchable... I have gone into matches late and gotten a kill and not died. Wish I could verify this...

I'm still sucking a big one at MP. I was getting excited because I started to consistenly get 4th or 5th, then recently have been shot down to last or 2nd to last in most of the games.

The way I look at multiplayer is that it is largely based on luck. Especially with what the other people are doing.

If you're trying to be sneaky, and someone chasing you is on the roofs running like a mad man with templar vision, it's that much harder. There are multiple factors that have to fall in place to earn a solid 1st place, I think.

But overall, I like the point system and still think multiplayer is a blast.

There are plenty builds that are viable. For example, running on the roofs with templar and getting just aerial kills is good, or even going stealth and killing with poison as often as possible is valid too. Even exploiting the 2x loss streak is good as well. It just depends on what everyone else is running and finding a good build to combat that.

[quote name='option.iv']The way I look at multiplayer is that it is largely based on luck. Especially with what the other people are doing.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. And don't get discouraged if things aren't going your way. I can be in last most of the match and if I stick with it and play "right" I can easily finish in first. The game has some nice balances (if you are getting hammered, you have less people on you, maybe no people). But sometimes you are going to have a rough match... people playing like idiots or things just not going your way (spawning right near your killer, kills getting taken away right as you get to your target, etc). The one button kill system actually takes some of the frustration out of the game for me... if they got me, they got me. It's going to happen. :lol:

I am definitely not a huge fan of spawning next to my killer. The reason I say this is because I do not get contracts (at all) if I'm near a group of players in Wanted mode. In fact, I've gone over 4 minutes without a contract at the Faire because the entire group was together the whole time... yet when I died and respawned... I got immediately killed twice by a pursuer who was right next to me.

A great tactic for manhunt is to run around on rooftops. It's particularly good if they start climbing up in the corner to get you (just out of pull off ledge range) and you smoke bomb them... and grab the stun... let them get up and then mute them. That being said... while it is a valid tactic on manhunt... it's absolutely obnoxious... and people tend to do it all of the time on the other modes. Of course, it's not fool proof because I've had people literally walk through my smoke to kill me (which is a whole other issue itself)

It's still a lot of fun and it's not as frustrating as a FPS or 3rd person shooter. I just wish they had taken a bit more care with development. Like not letting teammates kill poisoned targets (whether it be intention or unintentional). I got into an alliance game where the teammate did it intentionally ><

----

My favorite match had to be the other day in advanced wanted. I did not move the entire match at the Castel. I was outside and hid in a group of morphed people. I got 5 kills and 2 stuns before I was killed. Then I went right back to the same spot. Of course, the guy with templar vision and firecrackers was obnoxious but he got killed almost every time right before he killed me. It was pretty funny, managed to grab first place :) It's the new way to camp. No, but seriously.

[quote name='option.iv']The way I look at multiplayer is that it is largely based on luck. Especially with what the other people are doing.[/QUOTE]
Yep, and there's no point in playing competitively if there's no room for personal improvement. When I get beat, I want to know the other player was just better than me. Not some horseshit RNG.

Sorry about bailing on you Saint Noir. I literally could not join the hunter rounds tonight, at all. I could do the hunted rounds, but when it came time to loading the hunter rounds it would get stuck in loading (while I heard myself getting stunned) and it really rubbed me the wrong way. Then again, I was already a short fuse anyway. Everytime I would toss my mute/smoke grenade/etc. the person would walk right through it unphased and it was so obnoxious anyway and made me not want to play it >

Haha no worries. I was on the screen for a long time too for several rounds. It seems to have cleared up and is working all right now. Been killing it in a ton of rounds. Almost always first. Seem to have finally mastered defense. I also got my Strong Closer trophy which made me feel good (in Chest Capture as the hunted no less... last 10 seconds brought me a capture and two stuns for first).

bread's done
Back