Assassin's Creed Collector's Box Set w/12 inch figure $60 (360, PS3, PC) @ Play-Asia

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Play-Asia is now accepting pre-orders on a limited basis for the Assassin's Creed Collector's Edition, available for the Xbox 360, PS3, and PC at $59.90. The Collector's Edition features a 12 inch Altair figure. The prototype (the finished product will be in color) is pictured at the left with more photos available on the product page. Play-Asia is selling the Asian version, but the game is already confirmed region free. The USA Collector's Edition is expected to cost $100.

This is a pre-order only and you will not be charged until the item actually ships (estimated March 2007). You can cancel anytime before then via Play-Asia's website. The cheapest shipping option to the USA is $15.20.

Digg me!

I don't need the figure but I am looking for something Geeky to have on my desk. So I pre-ordered it.

I mean, heck, it's not like it's Robocop's gun or anything SUPER geeky.

[quote name='Maddgief']I don't need the figure but I am looking for something Geeky to have on my desk. So I pre-ordered it.

I mean, heck, it's not like it's Robocop's gun or anything SUPER geeky.[/QUOTE]

No Shit. I want RoboCops gun. Cheappy should have a contest for one, or at least show us where to buy it. Just tease us in the morning and walk away..... with robocops gun.

[quote name='thrustbucket']No Shit. I want RoboCops gun. Cheappy should have a contest for one, or at least show us where to buy it. Just tease us in the morning and walk away..... with robocops gun.[/quote]

It can be yours, for $115.

http://www.monstersinmotion.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/9011

robocopgun.jpg

[quote name='Collectordragon']I preordered the PS3 version. It should be better than the 360 version, right?[/QUOTE]

Maybe, maybe not. I'll be interested in the reviews.

[quote name='Collectordragon']I preordered the PS3 version. It should be better than the 360 version, right?[/QUOTE]

Actually the developer came out and stated that the AI would be smarter on the 360 due to some limited processing power or something on the PS3.

[quote name='Corvin']Actually the developer came out and stated that the AI would be smarter on the 360 due to some limited processing power or something on the PS3.[/QUOTE]

That's good to know. In the previous generation if a game was available for all three consoles it was normally Xbox>NGC>PS2. I thought the PS3 was supposed to be the most powerful of the next generation of consoles? Does the 360 beat it in some areas? Maybe this generation won't be as clear cut as PS3>360>Wii as it appeared it'd be.

If what you said is true that reminds me of the Genesis vs the SNES. The SNES had the superior graphics capability but the Genesis did have one advantage, it had a faster processor which meant Genesis games could have a better AI than SNES games.

[quote name='Corvin']Actually the developer came out and stated that the AI would be smarter on the 360 due to some limited processing power or something on the PS3.[/QUOTE]
Is it not a problem that a PS3 have a smaller brain than a XBox 360?
cannes.jpg

[quote name='Collectordragon']That's good to know. In the previous generation if a game was available for all three consoles it was normally Xbox>NGC>PS2. I thought the PS3 was supposed to be the most powerful of the next generation of consoles? Does the 360 beat it in some areas? Maybe this generation won't be as clear cut as PS3>360>Wii as it appeared it'd be.
.[/QUOTE]

It's too early to tell. Although most developers agree that the GPU in the 360 is better than the PS3's GPU.

The learning curve on the CPU in the PS3 is fantastically difficult to get a grip on and program for. So if the PS3 will ever outshine the 360 technically, it will take at least a year or two to start seeing it.

But don't expect the graphical differences between 360 and PS3 to be nearly as extreme as PS2 and Xbox was.

Actually the developer came out and stated that the AI would be smarter on the 360 due to some limited processing power or something on the PS3.

Jade Raymond said that, who is about as technical as a box of ruber bands. UBI has since issued a statement that it was not really true. Expect the same level of AI on each.

[quote name='thrustbucket']
Jade Raymond said that, who is about as technical as a box of ruber bands. UBI has since issued a statement that it was not really true. Expect the same level of AI on each.[/QUOTE]

fair enough. I missed that retraction. Where was that?

Now the only question I have, for those that have ordered from Play-Asia before, are they going to charge your card in US dollars or foreign currency? If they charge in foreign currency you'll have to pay the conversion rate at the time the charge goes through and sometimes your credit card company will charge you a conversion surcharge as well.

Any customs charges either?

Anyone order from them before and know?

They charge in dollars, and I've never had any customs charges or anything. Just don't expect it to arrive super fast if you choose the cheapest shipping method.

[quote name='icruise']They charge in dollars, and I've never had any customs charges or anything. Just don't expect it to arrive super fast if you choose the cheapest shipping method.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info!

[quote name='Corvin']fair enough. I missed that retraction. Where was that?[/QUOTE]

http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=10759

Apparently it was all a severe misunderstanding, and that there are virtually no differences between the two games, save for Live Achievements. What Jade Raymond meant to say was that the methods for developing the AI is different.

UbiSoft stated:

"While the method for distributing AI load is different on each platform, the AI code itself is the same. Players will experience the exact same crowd results on PS3 and Xbox360."

So it says "We do not charge your credit card before pre-orders are being shipped," but would I be right in assuming they at least put a hold on the money until then? Or could I actually with preorder this now even if I planned on my bank account being practically empty by next week (i.e., I can't really let $75 be on hold right now).

[quote name='thrustbucket']IJade Raymond said that, who is about as technical as a box of ruber bands. [/quote]

She's a programmer by trade.

THANK YOU OP! :applause:

I used a 5 off 50 coupon bringing total (shipped) to $70 bux even

The figurine itself will likely fetch a premium on EBay.. If I can unload it for $50 bux or so (at least), that means $20 game for me :D

[quote name='haji']THANK YOU OP! :applause:

I used a 5 off 50 coupon bringing total (shipped) to $70 bux even

The figurine itself will likely fetch a premium on EBay.. If I can unload it for $50 bux or so (at least), that means $20 game for me :D[/quote]

Where can this coupon be found?

Most of the time Play-asia includes a coupon with a unique code in any package you receive from them. I say most of the time because I bought my Skeleton Saturn from there along with the Fatal Fury Collection and received no such coupon.

There's a thread here where people post active coupon codes, I don't know if there are any available right now.

Did Play-Asia remove this, or am I just missing it? I was going to cave since Im sick of waiting for a SKU so i can pre-order at EBs, but it looks like I may be SOL.

Could be a couple of reasons.

1. the game got pushed back to "post spring" likely fall, removing it from the database until a date is in hand
2. wasn't it a limited deal to begin with? Maybe they sold out of them already.

What's the deal with this? I've got a 360 and PS3 one preordered; is it going to actually come out, did they have more problems with the 360 disc size or PS3 speed, for either version will it play on a US console, will it actually ship, ...

Damn, I missed it. 12 inch figure I want one. I hope this comes out in the US this November at a reasonable price. :drool:

--off topic--

anybody know if call of duty 4 (Asia, NTSC J) for 360 will work on a u.s. console on xbox live?

--On topic--

Damn i missed this deal now they only have the u.s. version going for $80 ......hope they will take more orders later on

I ordered mine last spring when i originally heard about it. The game got pushed back again! Damn oh well now i can get a few other games and not have to worry too much about the video game backlog

Guys the posts you are reading are fucking old. The game is coming out in November. Play-Asia removed this product from their site. I doubt that this edition even exists.

I'm still holding out hope that this version gets released, so I haven't canceled my preorder. Well, that, and because the last time I canceled a Play-Asia preorder because I lost hope that the game would be released was the Last Hope Limited Edition. :cry:

The memory haunts me to this very day...

[quote name='Amazon.com']The Assassin's Creed Limited Edition contains: - Collectible 3-inch Altair figure - Penny Arcade comics - Mini strategy guide
Bonus disc including: - Winners of Assassin’s Creed short film contest - Behind-the-scenes videos - Developer diaries - Trailers - Producer interviews - Downloads and more
[/quote]

Not the only place that I've seen that it was a 3 inch figure either.

Play Asia still has the Assassin's Creed LE, no mention of whats included though.

Here is the topic... I found it... LOL
Ok so what is everyone doing? My pre-order is still active and pending

[quote name='haji']Here is the topic... I found it... LOL
Ok so what is everyone doing? My pre-order is still active and pending[/QUOTE]

I've thought about canceling but the 12" figure and price keeps me from pulling the trigger.

I mean for the same price as the LE here you get a kick ass figure not some tiny p.o.s.

Lmao, hard to believe PA started pre-orders for this game a year ago. xD Hell, I can't believe I'm reading this topic now...I distinctly remember reading it last year.

Just got this email from Play-Asia for my pre-order

Unfortunately, the Assassin's Creed Collectors Box Set will not be made
available in Asia as previously advertised by us in 2006 and early of
2007. We therefore regret to inform you that your preorder will not be
fulfilled under the same conditions as initially expected.

We at Play-Asia.com are much striving for customer satisfaction and are
pleased to offer you a valuable substitution for our initial offer. Your
Assassin's Creed Collectors Box Set preorder will now contain the
following items.

* Assassin's Creed Game (English language Asia Edition)
* Neca Assassin's Creed 7 inch Action Figure: Altair (Originally priced at
US$ 16.90)
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-8x-70-2928.html
* US$ 10 Store Credit Coupon (not applicable to your current preorder)

Your preorder has already been updated to contain those items. The US$ 10
store credit coupon will be e-mailed to you upon shipment of your preorder
and can be used for any purchase in the future, without any minimum
purchase restriction.

The Asia release version of Assassin's Creed (estimated to be in stock by
middle of this month) is expected to be region free. In case of any
unforeseen change, you will still be notified prior shipment completion.

We understand that some customers might not feel fully satisfied with this
substitution offer. If you prefer to cancel your preorder, you can do so by
using the 'Cancel Order' feature in your customer account or by contacting
our customer service. We do not require double confirmation of your
preorder if you wish to go ahead.

Once again, we'd like to apologize for this situation and much appreciate
your support.

Yah just got the same email -_- geez so now we get a normal asia ver of assassin's creed and a 7 inch figure >_> which surely make me feel a bit cheated out so i'm sure alot of ppl will be canceling there orders now >_> heck i'm tempted to cancel now but I guess i'll stick with it :roll:

bread's done
Back