Asshole soldier David Motari throws puppy off cliff

HotShotX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
31 (100%)
http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/43462/9fb16ab3/us_soldaat_gooit_puppy.html

Needless to say, Digg is currently on fire trying to track this asshole down and shit down his throat.

It has been confirmed that he is David Motari, here's his profile:
http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=3042738902

Update: Despite the obvious title of "Soldier Throws Puppy off cliff", I'm going to come out now and say that this is NSFW.

In this video, someone in Iraq identified as "Motari" tosses a puppy into the air, probably killing or crippling it. The video is very disturbing (the puppy's paws are even bound with a zip tie), and is located here.
The David Motari (a United States Marine) depicted in this picture looks identical to the man posted in the video who is identified as "Motari"; though, with goggles on, it's hard to make a perfect ID. Here is his "Bebo" profile containing additional pictures.

It could also be the case that the video is fake. This seems highly unlikely, given the low-tech camera used to shoot the footage. I will keep you updated on the matter. If David Motari is the puppy killer, he is undoubtedly a sociopath who does not feel remorse or shame.

After confirming him as the puppy killer, we must engage in an online campaign to ensure that everyone who does business with or associates with him is warned. The puppy had no choice; humans, through education, will.

UPDATE:
A rumor has surfaced that David Motari works for Blackwater Worldwide. A Blackwater officer has confirmed that no one depicted in that video are Blackwater personnel.

UPDATE
: David Motari's "Bebo" profile has been switched to private: people outside of his "friends network" are not authorized to view his profile. He has ignore my repeated requests to confirm or deny that he is the "Motari" depicted in the YouTube video. I will keep you updated as this story develops.

UPDATE: Others have noted, and I agree, that we must await confirmation of the puppy killer's identity before taking further action. The matter is still under investigation, and we need to confirm identities. Once we have confirmation, we should do everything legally within our power to make the killer's life a living Hell. But we must await confirmation before taking further action.
Shit's pretty much hit the fan now, some mainstream media are picking up on it.

http://federalism.typepad.com/crime_...motari--1.html
Front Page of CNN (links to associate site) http://www.kitv.com/news/15482127/detail.html
http://heraldnet.com/article/20080303/NEWS01/367822819

Update 3/5/08: Soldier's sister calls into a radio show and talks about the issue, and pleads to let the investigation run its course, and to leave the family out of the attacks on her brother.
http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=11&sid=33307

~HotShotX

Shaun F
Do you know that strays dogs in iraq eat rotting human corpses?Doing this they spread disease, the kind of disease that festers on a decaying human body.The kind of disease thats not deadly to a dog,but is certainly deadly to,say,a child who later comes into contact with that dog.It's for that reason the military is frequently ordered to kill dogs.But you dont realize that human beings would be at risk by leaving that dog alive, because you are a moron.You dont care that human beings would be in danger if that dog were allowed to live,because you are a moron.

Have fun venting your impotent rage online,knowing if you ran across the guy in real life you'd tuck your tiny dick between your legs and run off like the $$$$$$ you are.

bawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
ww

what kind of bullshit response is this? its on his Myspace page.

Wow, what a horrible person.

Even if that excuse was legit, you don't kill a dog that might spread disease by throwing it off a cliff, you do that because you're an asshole.

[quote name='sandrokstar']"Insert Long Quote Here"[/quote]

There's a very distinct line between simply doing something you have to do, and taking pleasure in it.

This asshole took to it like it was his fucking hobby.

frequently ordered to kill dogs.....

not frequently ordered to toture/slow death puppies

This guy the brown hole I'm sitting on right now.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']When Jack Black does it, it's hilarious, but when a soldier does it, it's wrong and disgraceful?[/quote]Anchorman? In a movie with an obviously fake stuffed dog who survives in the plot line of the film? Yeah. Unless of course you have trouble separating fact from fiction, which I could see being a problem.

This is just sick. Thanks for the warnings not to watch it.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Was he the owner of the dog?

If so, it's his property.

If not, he can be sued.[/quote]

Uhh, he could be sued either way. There are animal cruelty laws against this sort of thing.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']When Jack Black does it, it's hilarious, but when a soldier does it, it's wrong and disgraceful?[/quote]

VanillaGorilla=Joke Account

Probably the most sensible update to this story since it hit Digg:

UPDATE: Others have noted, and I agree, that we must await confirmation of the puppy killer's identity before taking further action. The matter is still under investigation, and we need to confirm identities. Once we have confirmation, we should do everything legally within our power to make the killer's life a living Hell. But we must await confirmation before taking further action.

Not going to watch it, but wow... what a worthless person. I don't care if he is a US soldier - I hope he gets what he has coming.

Thats horrible, a barbaric way of killing anything. Poetic justice would call for him to be killed by pack of ravenous dogs.

[quote name='JolietJake'] Poetic justice would call for him to be killed by pack of ravenous dogs, as they fall off a cliff, and the dogs get parachutes.[/quote]

Fixed.

~HotShotX

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Uhh, he could be sued either way. There are animal cruelty laws against this sort of thing.[/quote]

I'd have to watch the video to form a completed and informed opinion. I might do it after work.

Regarding cruelty laws, what are they in his jurisdiction and for military personnel?

[quote name='SpazX']Wow, what a horrible person.

Even if that excuse was legit, you don't kill a dog that might spread disease by throwing it off a cliff, you do that because you're an asshole.[/quote]

Also - avoid disease by throwing a dog off a cliff where it's body will sit and fester = :dunce:

The guy is a sadist. And a disgrace to the uniform.

Gotta say though - I was more horrified when I saw the video of Iraqi bodies left in the street - the ones who were killed by the brutes that took over power once Sadaam's regime fell. Tribal warfare is a vicious thing.

Ideally you'd want to burn or otherwise dispose of a body to prevent disease, throwing it off a cliff isn't the answer. That guy is just some dumbass who thought he'd have a laugh and throw a defenseless animal to it's death.

It's people like him that make me think, "Well, i support some of the troops." I don't care if that asshole ever makes it back, the dogs in his area would probably safer for it at least.:roll:

This guy is a fucking piece of shit! I don't have the words for all the evil I wish visited upon him.

I should have never watched that video.

Just watched the video. Um, yeah, he is a dickhead.

I didn't see any reason to injure the dog. It looked fine.

Does he deserve a court martial or something violent happening to him? Not really. It was just a dog, not a person.

However, tossing a puppy over a cliff was very childish and, given a puppy's terminal velocity, there's a good chance the dog didn't die quickly after impact.

If the "man" had grown tired of his dog, he should have tried finding the dog a new owner or using a bullet, rifle butt, K-Bar or boot to give the dog a quick death.

How can Blackwater confirm that the person in the video are not their employees?

Throw that motherfucker off a cliff. I'm a rational enough person that I understand a "pragmatic" need to kill animals, but anything beyond quick and painless (or as much as possible) is detestable. Significantly so.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Just watched the video. Um, yeah, he is a dickhead.

I didn't see any reason to injure the dog. It looked fine.

Does he deserve a court martial or something violent happening to him? Not really. It was just a dog, not a person.

However, tossing a puppy over a cliff was very childish and, given a puppy's terminal velocity, there's a good chance the dog didn't die quickly after impact.

If the "man" had grown tired of his dog, he should have tried finding the dog a new owner or using a bullet, rifle butt, K-Bar or boot to give the dog a quick death.[/quote]Yeah you're right, it was just a dog. No reason to believe he may do something even more outrageous to a person, never mind the fact that he's armed.:applause:

[quote name='mykevermin']How can Blackwater confirm that the person in the video are not their employees?

Throw that motherfucker off a cliff. I'm a rational enough person that I understand a "pragmatic" need to kill animals, but anything beyond quick and painless (or as much as possible) is detestable. Significantly so.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I feel if the disease and bodies bit is such an issue why can't they just put the dog to sleep?

Considering how I heard some speculation how one person believed it was Blackwater causing extreme harm or distress to Iraqi individuals I wouldn't be surprised. What I got the impression was Blackwater was riling up the people when the troops were trying to calm them down. I would say this could easily be true since they can't be tried according to the military code.

[quote name='camoor']Also - avoid disease by throwing a dog off a cliff where it's body will sit and fester = :dunce:

The guy is a sadist. And a disgrace to the uniform.

Gotta say though - I was more horrified when I saw the video of Iraqi bodies left in the street - the ones who were killed by the brutes that took over power once Sadaam's regime fell. Tribal warfare is a vicious thing.[/quote]

Agreed, a puppy dying and human dying are both horrible, but depending on what the that person was doing, a human dying is far worse.

[quote name='JolietJake']Yeah you're right, it was just a dog. No reason to believe he may do something even more outrageous to a person, never mind the fact that he's armed.:applause:[/quote]

Don't get me wrong. Killing or torturing animals for no good reason shows a serious defect in his personality. Eventually, he could even become a serial killer. I wouldn't let him watch my kids. Many years from now, I wouldn't approve of my daughter marrying somebody like him or my son working for somebody like him.

However, it is just a dog.

[quote name='AshesofWake']and for some reason this is worse than the countless individuals dying for no fucking reason in Iraq?

uh...

it's fucked up, but come on.[/QUOTE]

exactly. soldiers had done worst things, just not on youtube

[quote name='AshesofWake']and for some reason this is worse than the countless individuals dying for no fucking reason in Iraq?

uh...

it's fucked up, but come on.[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking.

What he did was horrible, but there's much worse going on over there right now.

The rest of what is going on goes without saying, there really isn't any more that can be said about it. It's a horrible thing that is happening, what else can you say? Incidents like this are just the topping on the un-needed violence cake.

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Don't get me wrong. Killing or torturing animals for no good reason shows a serious defect in his personality. Eventually, he could even become a serial killer. I wouldn't let him watch my kids. Many years from now, I wouldn't approve of my daughter marrying somebody like him or my son working for somebody like him.

However, it is just a dog.[/quote]
It's been shown that people who are violent towards animals don't always stop at animals. Thats what I'm saying, this may have just been a dog, but it's practically a red warning light over the guy. He probably wouldn't have any problem with throwing an unarmed Iraqi over a cliff either.

I guess I was dissappointed when I saw this because I saw a puppy was involved and I knew that this would become a huge Iraq war news item. It's more sensationalistic then substantive yet I have a feeling it's going to get more media coverage then the high incidence of military member suicide or the deplorable state of VA hospitals.

I say courtmashal or fire the guy (depending on his role) and let's get back to ousting the Republicans and ending this war.

Wow, I guess a video of a Fake/dead dog thrown over a cliff is a BIG deal to many people. No wonder why our country is going to hell......We care more about a Dog than our president destroying our country and the dollar becoming the Peso.

YES THE DOG WAS NOT ALIVE. The sound in the Video doesn't correlate with the dogs distance and the Dog doesn't move at all....and there is no noise from the dog until way into the throw. The dog would also squirm after it was thrown, which it didn't.

[quote name='lowgear26']We care more about a Dog than our president destroying our country and the dollar becoming the Peso.[/QUOTE]

I don't care about those things? I'm only allowed to be outraged by one thing at a time?

Perhaps in your plebian world, hombre. But a look at public opinion polls, topics created in the vs forum, and pretty much damn near every public discussion I have shows that people are concerned about those things far more than this.

This is the sort of thing that channels a very emotional, gut-level reaction - which isn't something that happens when you realize that we're looking at an economic outlook right now worse than Carter - and that this is the tip of the economic iceberg (we're goin' nowhere but down, folks).

I'm sorry you aren't bothered by this - but I'm more sorry that you're such a simpleton that you can't fathom that someone can be bothered by multiple things at the same time.

OMG! I hate PSN and find the 360 an unreliable piece of junk! Why am I not concerned with the real problems in this world!?!?!?!?!?

[quote name='lowgear26']Wow, I guess a video of a Fake/dead dog thrown over a cliff is a BIG deal to many people. No wonder why our country is going to hell......We care more about a Dog than our president destroying our country and the dollar becoming the Peso.

YES THE DOG WAS NOT ALIVE. The sound in the Video doesn't correlate with the dogs distance and the Dog doesn't move at all....and there is no noise from the dog until way into the throw. The dog would also squirm after it was thrown, which it didn't.[/quote]I can fit more than one issue into my bag O'hate.

bread's done
Back