Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

I'm down in Gainesville, FL for the weekend and I got a pretty good haul at the local gaming store.

Gameboy Printer -- $4.99 (best deal I've gotten in a long while)
Mario Kart Wii -- $15.99 (Used)
Star Fox 64 -- $1.99 (Used, my copy I've had for 10 years finally died)
Metal Gear Solid Collection -- $9.99 (Brand NEW)
Sins of a Solar Empire -- $9.99 (NEW)

I have to say I was pretty happy about this trip. I got a lot of stuff I've been looking for forever. The Gameboy Printer is a pretty hard find, I've been looking for one almost a year.

[quote name='grundy']What part of town is this Wal-Mart in? For those prices, I really want Conan and Blacksite for the 360 :bouncy:[/quote]If you miss out on Conan at Walmart, I recommend looking for a minty copy at Blockbuster/Gamerush. It's either 9.99 or 14.99. I had very low expectations for it, but I had a lot of fun with it.

[quote name='grundy']What part of town is this Wal-Mart in? For those prices, I really want Conan and Blacksite for the 360 :bouncy:[/quote]

Any copies of Conan or Blacksite for the 360 left there?

I'm going to head that way tomorrow afternoon to hopefully pick up copies of Conan, Blacksite, and Simpsons for the 360... maybe they'll have some others I've been looking for... here's to hoping! Thanks!

-edit-

as of 11:30am 10/19 there were 2x Blacksite, 4-5x Conan, 2-3x Simpsons, 10x Dark Messiah, 10x KUF:CoD, 8x Beowolf, 2x Lost, 6x FEAR: Files, 10x Spiderwick... (all 360) most titles $10 even though they are tagged $15 and a few are $8

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kjauburn']Its about 1.5 miles off GA 400 Exit 12....[/quote]

I'm having trouble finding that store on the Wal-Mart website... any more information about it such as city or complete address?

Is this the store?

Wal-Mart Supercenter Store #4436
5455 Atlanta Highway
Alpharetta, GA 30004

First of all, thanks to the OP who displayed the info on the Wal-Mart out on McFarlane and Hwy 9.

Only went in for Conan and Blacksite, but had to pick up the following, too:

Dark Messiah - Might and Magic
FEAR Files
Obscure - Aftermath (PS2)

Everything was $10 except Conan which was $8

And I found the DVD I've been looking all over the place for - the original 1956 B/W Invasion of the Body Snatchers for only $7!

I swear this site is going to make me insanely bankrupt! :whee:

Thanks,
-B

[quote name='grundy']
I swear this site is going to make me insanely bankrupt! :whee:
[/quote]
Yeah, I was finding that too so I've limited myself to 2-4 visits per month.
My frugality may not last however as I have a new system to search for.

I just returned from Michigan with what will probably be the best unexpected gaming gift of my life.
Life is great, I was given a brand new factory sealed Wii with a sealed remote on the side!
Just did a favor for a friend that I would have done anyway and now I can finally part with my trusty 'cube.

[quote name='Enron']Is that the really crappy one right off of Roswell Road thats tucked behind what looks like some abandoned buildings? That place looks like a warzone.[/quote]

i think the one i got a flyer for is the "sandy springs prado" target. i don't get to that area too often, so i'm not sure on the specifics.

i swear if they build one more target that's not a super target i'm going to scream :bomb:

So... The Target in Buckhead has the 360 GTA4 special edition for $22.something, there were 4 of them there this morning (9:40am-ish). They also have around 2 or 3 Contra 4 (DS) for 9.98, and one Final Fantasy 3 (DS) for 9.98. They had 1 Resident Evil 4 Wii for $15 as well as 2/3 House of the Dead Collection (wii) for $15. They had The Club and a couple of 360 sports games in the clearance isle as well, didn't look at the pricing. They had that Wario, Master of Disguise (DS)for around $15. Good luck.

Trying to decide whether to get LEGO Star Wars - Complete Saga for the Wii or the 360. Both are the same price ($17.99 used at GS) and while the graphics are probably going to be the same for the most part, the Wii would be more interactive. But the 360 does have achievements and on-line play. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
-B

Picked up No More Heroes (Wii) for $14.98 at the Snellville Target. Last copy too. They had quite a few PS3 MLB 08 for $30.

dropped by blockbuster at ansley mall (monroe & piedmont, across from smith's olde bar), and picked up a shiny new (rental) copy of LITTLE BIG PLANET. they had none for sale, though it looked like a spot in the L's section of their for sale games was missing... anyway it was the only rental copy left at that location, but for those itching to jump on LBP before "new and improved" version comes out next week, i'd suggest checking blockbusters. with their new return policy, you can just keep the game and get charged full price anyway. 12% trophies so far, psn id: smokedphish

yay

*also target in norcross off steve reynolds blvd has mlb08 the show for $41 (endcap clearance), they did have mlb2k8 for $10 (!!! game sucks tho) last week, and also have plenty of UT3 (PS3) for $20.

[quote name='kjauburn']Super Wal-mart near Mcfarlane rd / highway 9 had tons of games marked down for clearance. There was more but this is all I jolted down.

Bully Wii $15
...[/quote]

You just helped me find out one of my Christmas presents by accident. I called my wife to ask if we needed anything from Wal-Mart since I was going to pick that up at lunch (I work just on the other side of 400 near McFarland). She told me not to go get it since she already got it for me at Target for $7.50. :applause:

[quote name='grundy']Trying to decide whether to get LEGO Star Wars - Complete Saga for the Wii or the 360. Both are the same price ($17.99 used at GS) and while the graphics are probably going to be the same for the most part, the Wii would be more interactive. But the 360 does have achievements and on-line play. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
-B[/quote]

New versions of both are only $20 at Target. Unless you are doing it as part of the B2G1 free deal I would spend the extra couple of bucks.

I have the Wii version and loved it. I really like the waggle controls for putting the Lego items together.

anyone seen farcry 2 anywhere at any retailer? i preordered at gamestop and for the second day in a row they're saying "come back tomorrow"... havent seen it in any other retailers, so is atlanta just late to get it shipped?

Anybody on the NE side of Atlanta see Grid at Target? Know I'm late on the markdown, just curious if any are still out there. Thanks...

[quote name='bier']Anybody on the NE side of Atlanta see Grid at Target? Know I'm late on the markdown, just curious if any are still out there. Thanks...[/quote]
Grid evaporated I had a hard time finding it and ended up trading for it, and oddly enough all those Frontline FoW games that were everywhere over the last two weeks and not marked down from $41 just disappeared at my three Targets.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Grid evaporated I had a hard time finding it and ended up trading for it, and oddly enough all those Frontline FoW games that were everywhere over the last two weeks and not marked down from $41 just disappeared at my three Targets.[/quote]I have now found Frontline 360 in the cheap game aisle at three Targets. At all three it was tagged 41.98, but scanned 29.99, yes .99 denoting away from clearance. Don't think I woulda gotten it anyway even though it looked pretty good. Just too many fps games in the backlog.

off topic, but i need some local input on this..

the fiance and i are doing wedding planning and are stuck on a place for the rehearsal dinner. we've got a few contenders but i know there's a ton of restaurants i don't know about, particularly down town and east atlanta. we're looking to stay itp, and somewhere "nice" though not necessarily fancy (pappassitos name came up, though trying to stay away from chains like maggianos or cheesecake factory). any suggestions appreciated...you can pm me if you want to keep a bunch of restaurant talk off the board ^_^

[quote name='Enron']Is that the really crappy one right off of Roswell Road thats tucked behind what looks like some abandoned buildings? That place looks like a warzone.[/QUOTE]

Confirmed last night that the old SSprings Target is CLOSED. Still haven't ventured ITP on Hwy 9 to find this new Prado store, though.

Superscore at the Merchant's Walk Target last night: got the last copy of New Int'l Track & Field for $7.48. Happy me!

Lots of UT3 for $20, Skate 360 for 35, I believe? I didn't check all the prices, as there was a full shelf of games arranged spine-out (mostly 360 and PS3), and it was kinda hard to see them all. I found my one DS game hidden away behind them. There were a couple copies of some Wii variety sports-y game that I wasn't familiar with.

There were two different Frank Sinatra / Rat Pack DVD box sets for really cheap on a different clearance endcap, if those appeal to anyone. Like $8 for one, and $12 for the Rat Pack set (which was really cool-- included a book). I got one of the slim Superfriends DVD sets for $5, which was also a welcome find.

EDIT: Also, 2 or 3 copies of Singstar 90s (disc only) for 7.48.

Skate 360 is $30 at Amazon, for those considering the trip to Target. Highly recommended from me, for what it's worth, unless you'd rather wait and pony up for Skate 2 in January.

EDIT: These prices don't start until Monday.
This may be a repost but in the paper mailer for Microcenter are a few cheap deals:
All for 360:
Frontlines Fuel of War ($9)
FEAR Files ($9)
NFL TOUR ($9)
FFXI ($9)
FIFA Street ($9)

Army of Two ($19)
Devil May Cry 4 ($19)
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 ($19)

Yesterdays email listed:
Culdecept Saga $19 360
PES 2008 $9 360

Rockband 1 SE ($139 all versions except PS2 $119)

Cobb CC appears to be out of fable 2 special edition and guitar hero world tour full band set for 360 (ps3 is in stock tho).

However they do have Kingston 2gb USB sticks on sale for 7.99

anyone seen any of these for the 360 locally?

Civ rev 360 41.xx (207220250)
ninja gaiden 2 41.98 (207220231)
gears of war 27.xx (207220076)
beijing 360 34.xx (207220252)
rainbow six 2 360 27.xx (207220220)
battlfield bad co 360 34.xx (207220238)
lego jones 360 34.xx (207220230)
forza 2 racing wheel 360 69.xx (207220874)
120 gb hard drive 129.xx (207000686)

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Rainbow Six 2 is $19 at microcenter as I posted.

The rest are gone from all my local Targets already.[/quote]

hehe yeah, but i want it cheaper.

most of the 5 atl targets still have those listed above, but at full prices to my knowledge; hopefully they will drop soon!

[quote name='h3llbring3r']EDIT: These prices don't start until Monday.
This may be a repost but in the paper mailer for Microcenter are a few cheap deals:
All for 360:
Frontlines Fuel of War ($9)
FEAR Files ($9)
NFL TOUR ($9)
FFXI ($9)
FIFA Street ($9)

Army of Two ($19)
Devil May Cry 4 ($19)
Rainbow Six Vegas 2 ($19)

Yesterdays email listed:
Culdecept Saga $19 360
PES 2008 $9 360

Rockband 1 SE ($139 all versions except PS2 $119)[/quote]

Is FEAR Files $9 or $9.99?

OK, first off, I thought Pure on PS3 was clearanced fast at Target, but this crushes that. Last week I saw Golden Axe Beast Rider PS3 ALREADY clearanced for 30% off. Didn't that come out two weeks ago, meaning it was out 6 days before getting clearanced???

[quote name='ZharTheMad']anyone seen any of these for the 360 locally?

120 gb hard drive 129.xx (207000686)[/quote]I was stunned by some of these (mainly lego, civ and bad co) and I saw Pure for 360 and a couple others as well. Wish they would hang around, but I get the feeling they disappear quick as the holidays approach and it'll probably take a month or so for them to hit 75% off. Really wish I could score a forza wheel for 75% off or even 50% off, but it'll disappear fast.

[quote name='neocisco']Is FEAR Files $9 or $9.99?[/quote]Um, Neo, are you really worried about that .99?;) If you are, I'll go ahead and say it's worth it.:)

[quote name='jdawgg76']Um, Neo, are you really worried about that .99?;) If you are, I'll go ahead and say it's worth it.:)[/QUOTE]

If not, we can all chip in about 10 cents or so!

[quote name='ZharTheMad']anyone seen any of these for the 360 locally?

120 gb hard drive 129.xx (207000686)[/quote]

I saw quite a few of those prices at the Snellville Target.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Um, Neo, are you really worried about that .99?;) If you are, I'll go ahead and say it's worth it.:)[/quote]

Price matching purposes.

Looking for one of those no-name Target head units for $25. The 575/92 had a couple for $50, but I need one to go down one more time.

And yes, this is for me.

Jdawgg76, where did you see Pure 360 clearanced? I'd so jump on that for $40 or so. Also, any 120GB HDDs for $130 near Alpharetta area?

One copy of PURE PS3 for $41 at the Edgewood Target tonight. Nothing much else of interest. A few other PS3 games at 30% off, and a bunch of copies of the Wario DS game. One clearance copy of FF Tactics PSP on the bargain game aisle.

State Bridge Target had Pure PS3 clearanced for $30 and still full price for 360! And full price for 360 120GB hard drives. Dammit!

Other notables - Facebreaker PS3 - $25
MLB 08 The Show PS3 - $25, I believe
Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit for PS3 - 1 left
Wii console - 3 left

Sidney Marcus BB rolled the cheap games cart back out. Alot of the same junk, but two new possibly interesting games were 360 Need for Speed Carbon $10 three copies and Final Fantasy XI Expansion (is there more than one? something wings something or something I think, sorry) also $10 and only one copy.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Sidney Marcus BB rolled the cheap games cart back out. Alot of the same junk, but two new possibly interesting games were 360 Need for Speed Carbon $10 three copies and Final Fantasy XI Expansion (is there more than one? something wings something or something I think, sorry) also $10 and only one copy.[/QUOTE]

If you're interested in FFXI, get the game with all the expansions for $20 at Microcenter.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']If you're interested in FFXI, get the game with all the expansions for $20 at Microcenter.[/QUOTE]

I actually found the one with all 3 for $10 at Edgewood BB. That may be what he saw.

Yes, there's more than one version-- one has a single add-on, another has all three.

Anybody ever bought a TV off of amazon? They have TV I want and it's about 630 dollars under any where else I can find in the metro area.

[quote name='RoninChaos']Anybody ever bought a TV off of amazon? They have TV I want and it's about 630 dollars under any where else I can find in the metro area.[/QUOTE]

A friend of mine here in town bought his big TV off Amazon. Worked well for him!

[quote name='RoninChaos']Anybody ever bought a TV off of amazon? They have TV I want and it's about 630 dollars under any where else I can find in the metro area.[/quote]

Is it a Sony?

[quote name='RoninChaos']Anybody ever bought a TV off of amazon? They have TV I want and it's about 630 dollars under any where else I can find in the metro area.[/QUOTE]

Did you try Fry's? Here's my thing with TVs and Amazon...if it's 27" or bigger, they will not take it back, even it has a defect. You have to deal with the manufacturer. They are somewhat flexible on this (shipping damage, some other issues), but you can't just return it if you decide you don't like it. Getting my new TV locally at Fry's cost me $120 over Amazon but after a week, I decided it wasn't the right fit for me and I got different one that worked out better and it was no problem. You'll notice flaws on a TV in your living room that you'll never see in a show room and it's hard to tell if it works until to have it set up for a few days. Just playing devil's advocate...I'm sure plenty of people get TVs from Amazon without issue, but I couldn't take that chance with such an expensive item. Still, $630 less is a ridiculous discount...I'd have to think someone locally would get closer.

I bought a TV from fry's back in fall 2005 and decided it didnt work for me, and was able to bring it back and get something else without a lot of hassle. Fry's may suck, but they are pretty good about returns.

[quote name='Enron']I bought a TV from fry's back in fall 2005 and decided it didnt work for me, and was able to bring it back and get something else without a lot of hassle. Fry's may suck, but they are pretty good about returns.[/quote]

I would love Fry's if each one wasn't exactly 30 miles from my house. In stop and go traffic, that's three gallons of gas for a trip there and back.
Right now that's not to bad, but still far enough to make a $10 savings not worth it. When I can I do drop buy for those $2.99 HD-DVDs (I wish I knew which ones were slashed and what days). So far I have Pulse, Clerks II and Feast at that price.

You could always print out the Amazon page, go into Fry's and say, "Here's what I can get from Amazon...what can you do for me?" They might tell you that they don't match online prices, but it's worth a shot.

[quote name='silks']You could always print out the Amazon page, go into Fry's and say, "Here's what I can get from Amazon...what can you do for me?" They might tell you that they don't match online prices, but it's worth a shot.[/quote]

On TV's over $1K you can get BB to PM amazon (if Amazon is listed as the seller/ not a third party). At least they did last December, for me.

bread's done
Back