Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

[quote name='Ubiiquitous']You mean in the early morning? When I was out this afternoon, it was in the mid-70's, or so, and I was thinking how warm it was.[/quote]

It was around 8:00 AM.

[quote name='iwasakabukiman']It was around 8:00 AM.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, chilly at night and in the morning, but warm in the daytime. Wish it was like that all winter, but, alas, I see a lot of 40 degree rainy days in the near future.......sigh......

Well, I'm back from TX! Didn't see much of note there, though I did check a couple of Targets. My one game purchase was a copy of LOST for PC for $5. I figure it's worth that much to be a completist for my favorite show.

Plenty of Scene Its on clearance all across this nation, that's for sure.

scene it all over the place. turns out i'm out of Metroid Prime 3 but I do have a Metroid Prime 2 left. I'm off to Canada in a few hours so I'll see ya'll in a few weeks. I may check out the Canada region maybe pick up something interesting.

[quote name='Wolfkin']scene it all over the place. turns out i'm out of Metroid Prime 3 but I do have a Metroid Prime 2 left. I'm off to Canada in a few hours so I'll see ya'll in a few weeks. I may check out the Canada region maybe pick up something interesting.[/quote]

Let me know if you want to part with Prime 2, and if anybody sees prime 3 out there for me at that 15 dollar target price, please snag it.

Can't wait till next week when I can get zelda and mario galaxy for 35 each.

just got back from perimeter super target where i saw one lonely wii fit. nothing much else worth mentioning...the GTA4 special edition everyone's after was still at $62.**

Has anyone seen Guild Wars: Game of the Year edition on clearance at any Targets?

-edit-
Found one today for $7.48!

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally still alive. Just not doin' much shopping lately.

They're showing CHRISTMAS ON MARS, a movie by the Flaming Lips, at The Plaza tonight. I might check it out. Any Lips fans out there?

[quote name='jdawgg76']Gold mine in Stone Mountain:
Target
Lost Odyssey x3 15
Grid x2 15 (Incredible Deal!)
Scene It x35 12
Eye of Judgement x3 17
Singstar 90s pack x2 15
Skate x1 10 (tampered with, maybe disc is gone as I've unknowingly bought a game there before where the disc was stolen like that)

Also got a suitcase for 35 and a kids camera for 20 and and two kodak batteries (50 @ BB) for 15. All 75% off except the batteries were 50%.

Best Buy 70% bin
Wii Metroid 3 15
360 Beijing like 10
360 NBA Phenom 12ish
360 CALL OF DUTY 4 LE (70 start) so 21!!!!!!!!!
Wii Battle for pacific 15ish
PS2 MOH Vanguard 6

Also Walmart in Snellville caught the lost planet colonies mistake and it's back to 30, but they do have:
HALO 3 35!!!![/QUOTE]

Is that the Eye of Judgement with the camera, or just the game? for $17?

[quote name='freakord']Is that the Eye of Judgement with the camera, or just the game? for $17?[/quote]With camera and yes 17. Untagged so they may still be there.

Also, Singstar Amped 12.50 @ N Druid Hills Target. Three there last night. Also, a Skate PS3 for 10 and some NBA2k8s for 7.50.

Haven't posted in a while, too lazy to look back to see if this has been posted :D

Best Buy on Pleasant Hill has the PS2 Red Octane Wireless Guitar Hero guitar (along with react and other junk guitars) on the special table right when you walk in the door. Sign says 75% off, stickered at $54.99. Thankfully it rang up at $33.99 and cashier gave me the 75% off of that price. Came up $8.50, $9.01 with tax out the door :bouncy:. They had 4 left on the table, others in the back by the games that were not marked with the yellow sticker.

Also, stopped by Micro Center to see the 50% off used game sale. Only had time to go through the :360: games. Not much to be found that wasn't way overpriced, but I did find a Burnout Paradise marked at $22.99, for $11.49 at checkout. Went out to my car to check the condition of the disk, and to my fucking surprise - no disk at all. They had another copy that was marked $32.99 - higher than the new version. After talking to the store manager, finally agreed to swap that game. Picked up a new copy of :360:NBA08 for $9.99.

sexytime.gif

Anyone seen Frontlines or Bourne for the XB360 at any Targets in the Marietta/Kennesaw area? I'm guessing they may have been marked down further since the store on Hwy92/575 was sold out of all of their copies for both today.

Thanks,
-B

[quote name='grundy']Anyone seen Frontlines or Bourne for the XB360 at any Targets in the Marietta/Kennesaw area? I'm guessing they may have been marked down further since the store on Hwy92/575 was sold out of all of their copies for both today.

Thanks,
-B[/quote]
I saw it at Dallas Hwy (I think) this past Monday it was still $41.

Not games related, but Criminal Records in L5P is moving down the street, and until they close Sunday afternoon, there's a 25% off sale. I bought a few comics TPBs and a CD today. They have a lot of DVDs, but they're all marked at list price, so they aren't a good deal. Used CDs and comics are worth buying, though!

Fail. Went to the Barrett Parkway Toys R Us this morning at open to try and get the buy 2 get 1 free sale, but they didn't have Silent Hill. Lot of people there for Wii and WiiFit though. Have to try another store tomorrow.

Went to the Target on 41 in Acworth. Nothing much worth reporting. Although, I did pick up some casual summer shirts for 6.48 each on clearance (50% off) which I'll be wearing next summer or if it stays sort of warm.

[quote name='El Gray']Not games related, but Criminal Records in L5P is moving down the street, and until they close Sunday afternoon, there's a 25% off sale. I bought a few comics TPBs and a CD today. They have a lot of DVDs, but they're all marked at list price, so they aren't a good deal. Used CDs and comics are worth buying, though![/quote]

I'm on my way down there now to check it out. I'll report back if I find anything interesting.

I was at the Target at State Bridge and Peachtree Pkwy and noticed one big thing (IMO anyway) - Pure for PS3 was "clearanced" for $41. Quite a deal already for a less-than-one month old game getting great reviews. I suppose with Motorstorm, there's more competition on PS3, but no such clearance on 360. Would have picked it up for that though.

Anybody see if the toys r us on barrett or 41 still have wii point cards? I don't want to waste the gas if they don't.

Picked up GTA 4 Special Edition for $22 at the Cumming Target today. There was another 1 of the shelf when I left stuck in the bottom back left of the 360 case.

As a side note is it my imagination or have the forums just slowed down in general when it comes to posts / active users.

Anyone know of any 80GB Zunes on clearance anywhere?

I know Wally World has some for around $200, but that's not enough of a discount.

[quote name='kjauburn']Picked up GTA 4 Special Edition for $22 at the Cumming Target today. There was another 1 of the shelf when I left stuck in the bottom back left of the 360 case.

As a side note is it my imagination or have the forums just slowed down in general when it comes to posts / active users.[/quote]

seems that way. i wonder if clearances are slowing down in hopes of people spending more for the holidays? a few weeks ago when i got NiGHTS at target it sounded like they were taking them out of clearance, bumping the price up, and sticking it back on the shelf.

[quote name='kristaia']seems that way. i wonder if clearances are slowing down in hopes of people spending more for the holidays? a few weeks ago when i got NiGHTS at target it sounded like they were taking them out of clearance, bumping the price up, and sticking it back on the shelf.[/quote]

Sometimes that happens when a title goes to Target's "value" asle or endcap of games...

[quote name='El Gray']Not games related, but Criminal Records in L5P is moving down the street, and until they close Sunday afternoon, there's a 25% off sale. I bought a few comics TPBs and a CD today. They have a lot of DVDs, but they're all marked at list price, so they aren't a good deal. Used CDs and comics are worth buying, though![/quote]

Holy shit what

Where are they moving to?

[quote name='Enron']Holy shit what

Where are they moving to?[/QUOTE]

Just around the corner, really-- facing Euclid. If you know where the BANG ON tshirt shop is, they're next door to that. They have a much larger space now. I think they opened yesterday.

Super Wal-mart near Mcfarlane rd / highway 9 had tons of games marked down for clearance. There was more but this is all I jolted down.

Obscure Wii $10
Surf Up 360 $8
Bully Wii $15
DDR Disney PS2 $10
CSI Wii $15
FFXII $5
Conan 360 $8
Dark Sector PS3 $15
Blacksite 360 $10
Beowolf PS3 $8
Kane PS3 $10
Simpsons 360 $8
Spiderwick 360 $8
Kane 360 $10
Redsteel Wii $10
Fear Files PS3 $15
Atlantis Squarepants Wii $10
Airborne PS3 $15
Cars PS3 $10
TimeShift $10
Fear PS3 $15
2 Pack - Word Coach/ Something else? $10
Simpsons DS $10
Weight Coach DS $20

They were in the case, on a endcarp, and below the greatest hits games outside the case. This is the new walmart that opened 4 months ago. My guess is they were fully stocked on old games for the opening.

CocheseUGA... Hence why I was asking for the TIV's...

has anyone been to the new target? i got a mailer last weekend about a new sandy springs target with some coupons in it. i assume new stores aren't going to have any clearance stuff on open but i don't know about any deals they might have...

[quote name='kristaia']has anyone been to the new target? i got a mailer last weekend about a new sandy springs target with some coupons in it. i assume new stores aren't going to have any clearance stuff on open but i don't know about any deals they might have...[/QUOTE]
Where? Are they closing the old SS Target?

[quote name='El Gray']Where? Are they closing the old SS Target?[/quote]

Is that the really crappy one right off of Roswell Road thats tucked behind what looks like some abandoned buildings? That place looks like a warzone.

What part of town is this Wal-Mart in? For those prices, I really want Conan and Blacksite for the 360 :bouncy:

[quote name='kjauburn']Super Wal-mart near Mcfarlane rd / highway 9 had tons of games marked down for clearance. There was more but this is all I jolted down.

Obscure Wii $10
Surf Up 360 $8
Bully Wii $15
DDR Disney PS2 $10
CSI Wii $15
FFXII $5
Conan 360 $8
Dark Sector PS3 $15
Blacksite 360 $10
Beowolf PS3 $8
Kane PS3 $10
Simpsons 360 $8
Spiderwick 360 $8
Kane 360 $10
Redsteel Wii $10
Fear Files PS3 $15
Atlantis Squarepants Wii $10
Airborne PS3 $15
Cars PS3 $10
TimeShift $10
Fear PS3 $15
2 Pack - Word Coach/ Something else? $10
Simpsons DS $10
Weight Coach DS $20

They were in the case, on a endcarp, and below the greatest hits games outside the case. This is the new walmart that opened 4 months ago. My guess is they were fully stocked on old games for the opening.

CocheseUGA... Hence why I was asking for the TIV's...[/quote]

[quote name='grundy']What part of town is this Wal-Mart in? For those prices, I really want Conan and Blacksite for the 360 :bouncy:[/quote]

Its about 1.5 miles off GA 400 Exit 12....

Is that Windward Parkway or further north?

[quote name='kjauburn']Its about 1.5 miles off GA 400 Exit 12....[/quote]

[quote name='grundy']Is that Windward Parkway or further north?[/quote]

Farther north, Windward is 11. Macfarlane is Exit 12. Basically if you are going to roadtrip hit Fry's on 11 and then the walmart on 12...

Cool, guess I'll be stopping by there after church. Hopefully, there will still be some copies

[quote name='kjauburn']Farther north, Windward is 11. Macfarlane is Exit 12. Basically if you are going to roadtrip hit Fry's on 11 and then the walmart on 12...[/quote]

bread's done
Back