Atlanta CAG Thread, v2.0

[quote name='jdawgg76']Just looked on the site again and it is the one on Candler Road. When I search a metro area code, Candler Road and N Decatur rd are the only locations that come up. Last time you were there did they have many games in general or an actual game case or new game section?[/QUOTE]

Last time, they did have normally stocked new game showcases, but their used stock was entirely contained in one little standee/bin that had four rows across, each about two feet deep.

[quote name='Robotechnology']Possibly dumb question -- anyone know when the HWV sale ends? Will I be okay if I wait until Saturday afternoon?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the sale will still be on, but I'm also pretty sure you won't find any of the games you listed for $5. You're in VaHi, though, so it's worth a shot. You might see something else you like, and you can go eat at the Taqueria while you're in Decatur. :)

Taqueria Del Sol? I DO like that place. Or are you talking about somewhere else? I never usually make it quite as far out N. Decatur RD as where the map says this Hollywood Video is.

I guess I could make an afternoon of it and check out the Candler Rd location too... with some tacos in between!

Great now I'm getting hungry,

Andy

Not to completely change the subject, but has anyone ever been to Play N Trade? I know theres one in Snellville. I've also seen another place on Sugarloaf somewhere between 124 and 316. Don't think I've ever seen it open though. I guess I'm just wondering if any of these other places are worth paying attention to.

Yeah, I go into that PnT in Snellville all the time. It's great. They let you play anything in the store you want, they have tournaments with good prizes, etc. Their prices and deals aren't anything special, but they have a decent selection and a good bit of old systems and games too.

I was over near Dacula with my wife and kid getting their hair done and I noticed in one of "the little coupon books" that there is a buy 2 get one free (used) for the play 'n trade near by. There is also a buy one get one half-off coupon. They are for the 1700 Winder pkwy store.

(mobile post)

I noticed that the Riverwood Target has now clearanced Motorstorm: Pacific Rift (the second one) at $42.50 currently. There were about 12 or so. Obviously, not great at $42 but another price drop or so, and it would be worth it.

Stopped by the Gamestop on the East-West connector yesterday for the B2G1 sale. A guy named Charles is the new manager there and he seems alright. Personable, not-pushing preorders, and actually plays games. Hopefully, my opinion of him stays high and he stays there.:)

While there I overheard somebody in the store say that they "bought 3 copies of L4D at target for 12 or 13 bucks and took 'em back to Walmart for like $30 each". Prick. I was standing right next to him, I just said "Really, that's unfortunate and illegal. Some people want to actually play the game, not just make money off it". He scoffed and walked away, leaving a short time later without buying anything. Jeks like this guy are the reason so many ATL CAGs were unable to find a copy.:bomb:

[quote name='chuckie88']Stopped by the Gamestop on the East-West connector yesterday for the B2G1 sale. A guy named Charles is the new manager there and he seems alright. Personable, not-pushing preorders, and actually plays games. Hopefully, my opinion of him stays high and he stays there.:)

While there I overheard somebody in the store say that they "bought 3 copies of L4D at target for 12 or 13 bucks and took 'em back to Walmart for like $30 each". Prick. I was standing right next to him, I just said "Really, that's unfortunate and illegal. Some people want to actually play the game, not just make money off it". He scoffed and walked away but I went after him and kicked him in the nuts. Repeatedly.[/QUOTE]

This is how I wish the story would have ended.

I forget who it was but a while back someone had the idea of not posting deals in the thread for lurkers to read, just PMing the CAG's who contribute if they're interested. An excellent idea that should really be used.

Stopped in Movie Gallery in Loganville just to see. What a joke.

Also went in Wallymart. The only thing that was actually on clearance was LIPS for 360 with 2 mics for $50. There were a couple of things with rollback tags that had dropped $10 but that still made them $30. Saw at least one copy of the nonGotY L4D but it didn't have a clearance sticker on it. Saw at least one other game that I knew was on clearance at Target but apparently not so at Wallymart.

Stopped by the Target on Dallas Hwy and there are still 5 or 6 copies of FEAR 2 left at $12.48. Also 3 or 4 Chronicles of Riddick at $29.98.

Hi guys,

Has anyone seen good deals for Virtua Tennis 3, Top Spin 3, and Heavenly Sword for PS3 in the Atlanta area? Please let me know if you have seen any. Thank you!!

[quote name='whisper22']Stopped in Movie Gallery in Loganville just to see. What a joke.

Also went in Wallymart. The only thing that was actually on clearance was LIPS for 360 with 2 mics for $50. There were a couple of things with rollback tags that had dropped $10 but that still made them $30. Saw at least one copy of the nonGotY L4D but it didn't have a clearance sticker on it. Saw at least one other game that I knew was on clearance at Target but apparently not so at Wallymart.[/QUOTE]And the only game bought there during the sale was probably the scratched to hell (but playable) Crazy Taxi 3 I got which was already 4.99 anyway. Did they actually know about the sale yet?

Okay, so I finally trekked down to the Candler Rd. HWV, and it WAS worth the trip... for me, anyway. Kind of a goldmine for last-gen titles. I got:

Amplitude (disc only)
Mercenaries 2 (complete-- been wanting this one!)
Spider-Man: Web of Shadows (complete)
Phantasy Star Universe (complete)
Taito Legends (complete)
MGS: Twin Snakes (original case, but no book)

If anyone's a PS2 Resident Evil fan, they could clean up-- they had RE4, RE Outbreak 1&2, RE Code Veronica, and maybe one other one. There was a copy of PS2 FORCE UNLEASHED that I considered, a copy of The Simpsons for PS2, some apparently brand-new copies of Jade Empire XBX, Jak3 and JakX, and others that I might remember later.

I price-checked Halo3, Fallout3, and Midnight Club LA for 360, but none of those rang up at $5. They had a few 360 and PS3 titles that might ring up at 5, but not a ton. Ask if you have questions, and I might remember if they had them. No Bioshock on either platform.

Edit: there were NO Wii titles for sale. They had LEGO Indy for PS2, and the recent Hulk game for multiple systems.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jdawgg76']And the only game bought there during the sale was probably the scratched to hell (but playable) Crazy Taxi 3 I got which was already 4.99 anyway. Did they actually know about the sale yet?[/QUOTE]

They had signs up for the 3 for $15 sale. I didn't bother talking to anybody since they didn't have anything other than original xbox and ps2. They also had signs up for b2g2 on movies. Either it was just me or the lighting or something but I kept seeing covers that looked really faded.

[quote name='NEgami']Hi guys,

Has anyone seen good deals for Virtua Tennis 3, Top Spin 3, and Heavenly Sword for PS3 in the Atlanta area? Please let me know if you have seen any. Thank you!![/QUOTE]If I was you I'd go to Gamestop and get those three in the Buy 2 Get 1 free deal which ends today. Just make sure the discs look okay and stuff like that.

[quote name='El Gray']Okay, so I finally trekked down to the Candler Rd. HWV, and it WAS worth the trip... for me, anyway. Kind of a goldmine for last-gen titles. I got:

Amplitude (disc only)
Mercenaries 2 (complete-- been wanting this one!)
Spider-Man: Web of Shadows (complete)
Phantasy Star Universe (complete)
Taito Legends (complete)
MGS: Twin Snakes (original case, but no book)

If anyone's a PS2 Resident Evil fan, they could clean up-- they had RE4, RE Outbreak 1&2, RE Code Veronica, and maybe one other one. There was a copy of PS2 FORCE UNLEASHED that I considered, a copy of The Simpsons for PS2, some apparently brand-new copies of Jade Empire XBX, Jak3 and JakX, and others that I might remember later.

I price-checked Halo3, Fallout3, and Midnight Club LA for 360, but none of those rang up at $5. They had a few 360 and PS3 titles that might ring up at 5, but not a ton. Ask if you have questions, and I might remember if they had them. No Bioshock on either platform.

Edit: there were NO Wii titles for sale. They had LEGO Indy for PS2, and the recent Hulk game for multiple systems.[/QUOTE]I would like a good condition RE:CV, but I don't think it's worth the trip for me. I suppose there's no 360 Force Unleashed or Fable 2? That would make me drive out there. Jealous of the Twin Snakes find by the way. Oh, and Amplitude is awesome.

[quote name='whisper22']They had signs up for the 3 for $15 sale. I didn't bother talking to anybody since they didn't have anything other than original xbox and ps2. They also had signs up for b2g2 on movies. Either it was just me or the lighting or something but I kept seeing covers that looked really faded.[/QUOTE]Yeah, they had those signs up there Tuesday, too and just junk mostly. Those covers ARE really faded as they sit in the sun for a long time every day. They are right by the window facing west.

neocisco: I wish my tale would have had that ending as well, I just couldn't bring myself to unleash hell on the toolbox's tool.:twoguns:

Supes: Riddick for $30 is a great price, two great games on there. Can't argue with $15 per title.

El Gray: Congrats on the finds! Phantasy Star Universe and MGS:TS especially, also I'm jealous of the Amplitude grab.

[quote name='jdawgg76']
Yeah, they had those signs up there Tuesday, too and just junk mostly. Those covers ARE really faded as they sit in the sun for a long time every day. They are right by the window facing west.[/QUOTE]

Actually I was talking about a lot of the DVD covers. I looked around to see if there was anything terribly exciting.

I did see on the Target.com homepage a link to video games under $20. Nothing very interesting but a pretty good variety. Might be something somebody wants though. The link was towards the bottom of the page.

Has anyone found some of those super discount $3 and $6 DVD TV box sets from the Big Lots thread? I've already found Vol. 2 of Pinky and the Brain and season 1 of Night Court. Just looking for some of the others

Thanks!

[quote name='grundy']Has anyone found some of those super discount $3 and $6 DVD TV box sets from the Big Lots thread? I've already found Vol. 2 of Pinky and the Brain and season 1 of Night Court. Just looking for some of the others

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I've hit about 6 BL stores over the weekend. What are you looking for? In short: not too much of the good stuff out there. No Looney Tunes, and the only $3 animation sets I've found were 2x of Flintstones S3 at the Decatur store. Let me know what's on your list, and I might be able to help you out.

[quote name='grundy']Has anyone found some of those super discount $3 and $6 DVD TV box sets from the Big Lots thread? I've already found Vol. 2 of Pinky and the Brain and season 1 of Night Court. Just looking for some of the others

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Found these at my local Big Lots (Rome, GA..quite a ways from ATL)

IMG_7830.jpg

[quote name='jdawgg76']I would like a good condition RE:CV, but I don't think it's worth the trip for me. I suppose there's no 360 Force Unleashed or Fable 2? That would make me drive out there. Jealous of the Twin Snakes find by the way. Oh, and Amplitude is awesome.[/QUOTE]

I picked up the RE:CV, if you're interested in it. There was no Fable 2 or 360 TFU.

And yeah, I have had Frequency for years, and always enjoyed it. I always felt like I missed out by not getting Amplitude at The Great $5 Circuit City Sale of 2005(?). Now I can finally give it a try.

Awesome finds, animemaniac. I alerted a friend who is on a vacation trip to upstate NY, and he found a lot of those cartoon sets, but now has to get them all home somehow. He's more into the old shows than I am.

I have bought, at various BLs:

Animaniacs S2
Thundercats S1,V1
Thundercats S1, V2
The New Scooby Doo Movies
Life Goes On S1
Flintstones S3
SuperFriends S2

Have seen, but did not buy:
Pinky & The Brain S2
Dukes of Hazzard S2,4,5,6
Night Court S1
Joey S1
The West Wing S2
Drew Carrey Show S1
that History of RockNRoll set
lots of football sets
some OC, Dallas, Knots Landing sets

I think that's about it. None of the awesome animation finds, yet, really. I'd love to find any of the Looney Tunes 3-6 sets, or the complete PowerPuff Girls set. I'm not sure if it has been spotted, but I only need Batman:TAS S2 to complete my collection of that.

Anyway, yeah, if anyone's looking for something specific, let me know here or PM.

Sorry, my fault for not being descriptive, but I'm looking for the following:

Animaniacs volumes 1 and 2
Josie and the Pussycats complete series
Mission Hill complete series
Pinky and the Brain Vol 1
Powerpuff Girls complete series
Scooby Doo season 3
Scooby Doo/Dynomutt Hour complete series
Veronica Mars season 2
Wonder Woman complete series

And of course the Holy Grail of Looney Tunes Golden collection 1-5

Still undecided about the Flinstones

Thanks!

[quote name='grundy']Sorry, my fault for not being descriptive, but I'm looking for the following:

Animaniacs volumes 1 and 2
Josie and the Pussycats complete series
Mission Hill complete series
Pinky and the Brain Vol 1
Powerpuff Girls complete series
Scooby Doo season 3
Scooby Doo/Dynomutt Hour complete series
Veronica Mars season 2
Wonder Woman complete series[/QUOTE]

Aside from the one copy of Animaniacs S2 that I found and bought for myself in Decatur last week, I haven't seen any of those at any of the local stores I've hit, sorry.

Actually... I forgot, there was a second copy of it at that store AT THE TIME (Wednesday night), but I think it's gone now.

I would like to find Animaniacs 1 & 3, myself. Forgot to mention those above.

[quote name='Static X']Has Riddick dropped below 30 bucks anywhere around atl? Been trying to get this for a long time now and no luck.[/QUOTE]

I think I saw it for around $30 at Edgewood Target last night, but I don't remember, exactly. I wouldn't drive over there in my word, because my memory is faulty in this case.

[quote name='Static X']Has Riddick dropped below 30 bucks anywhere around atl? Been trying to get this for a long time now and no luck.[/QUOTE]

Funny you mentioned it.

Just at the John's Creek Target and saw these clearance items

NCAA Football 09 - PS3 - $7.50 - several
House Of The Dead Overkill - Wii - $12.50 - 2 or 3
Marble Saga Korinpa or something - Wii - $7.50 - 1
Chronicles Of Riddick - 360 - $15 - I think 4 or 5

[quote name='Felder71']Funny you mentioned it.

Just at the John's Creek Target and saw these clearance items

NCAA Football 09 - PS3 - $7.50 - several
House Of The Dead Overkill - Wii - $12.50 - 2 or 3
Marble Saga Korinpa or something - Wii - $7.50 - 1
Chronicles Of Riddick - 360 - $15 - I think 4 or 5[/QUOTE]

If you are back out that way, would you mind grabbing a copy of Riddick? I won't be in Atlanta till the weekend and I know they won't be there then. Please let me know if we can work something out.

Just wanted to introduce myself. I've only recently discovered this site, but it seems like a great place. I'm moving to Atlanta in about a week, so I'll make sure to keep an eye for any deals I run in to.

[quote name='goheels0523']Just wanted to introduce myself. I've only recently discovered this site, but it seems like a great place. I'm moving to Atlanta in about a week, so I'll make sure to keep an eye for any deals I run in to.[/QUOTE]
Welcome to the ATL thread. In what part of Atlanta are you located?

[quote name='Static X']If you are back out that way, would you mind grabbing a copy of Riddick? I won't be in Atlanta till the weekend and I know they won't be there then. Please let me know if we can work something out.[/QUOTE]

Static X, I don't plan on it, but if it happens or I see it elsewhere, I'll pick up a copy and PM you. Worst case scenario, I can return it.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I am looking for one of those Pioneer KURO blu-ray players that Best Buy has on clearance if anyone sees one please let me know.[/QUOTE]

Ditto that.

Was in the Target at Stonecrest last night. They had like 2 copies of Riddick but I don't remember the price. They also had 2 copies of GH:WT for PS3 down to $15. Their clearance sucked but they had a reasonable number of games for $20 and $30 which might interest somebody. Don't remember the minimum price for the b1g1@50% though. The only truly interesting thing was that there were no copies of GH:WT for 360. Not even an empty slot for them. Maybe they're finally putting that one on clearance.

There's a BoTS for 15 at the Snellville Target. Woulda gotten it if there was a Fear 2 I could pair it with for B1G50%Off, but it's not worth 15 to me even though I've heard it's entertaining and much better than the first.

There's not much at the KMart, some PS3 GH Bundles and a few of those Nyko Battery Charger sets, maybe a Live Camera.

[quote name='slv-chris']Picked up end War with Bluetooth Headset for 12.xx at Buckhead Target. Still had 8 left.[/QUOTE]

Isn't it 22.xx? 12.xx would be about 85% off.

[quote name='jdawgg76']There's a BoTS for 15 at the Snellville Target.[/QUOTE]

What is BoTS (clueless moment)?

Originally Posted by slv-chris
Picked up end War with Bluetooth Headset for 12.xx at Buckhead Target. Still had 8 left.
Isn't it 22.xx? 12.xx would be about 85% off.

Sorry you are right I typed it wrong they are 22.xx

[quote name='ZharTheMad']Isn't it 22.xx? 12.xx would be about 85% off.

What is BoTS (clueless moment)?[/QUOTE]50 Cent's new game Blood on The Sand.

bread's done
Back